• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Jacobs will be back on Art Bell's show again tonight, for those who haven't heard enough from the man.

As of now, before the Art Bell airing, here is the Amazon sales data on his book:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,570 Paid in Kindle Store
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #31,476 in Books

What this data means is that one out of every 30,000 books Amazon sells is his new book. That's not bad. I know from personal experience as a book seller some time ago that anything in the first 60,000 is pretty decent. If a book is in the top 60,000 on amazon, you can count on flipping it in a week or two at most. If you have any inventory of say 2000 books and half of them in the top 60,000, that's pretty good turnover. I don't know how it is economically for Jacobs the man, however. Never published a book.

Let's see how much it changes after his appearance on Art Bell.

Last edited:
This will probably be one of my last forays into Paracast Forum-land. Baptist are more open than this groups. I'm around real scientists who have less filters and judgements than this group has. Dr. Jacobs would have been respected or given a hearing before the prejudgements or prejudices set in. By the way, the world seldom has absolutes.

I keep circling the idea of Plato's Cave on one hand and Alan Watt's story of the painted ceiling of the sky that is eventually confused as the sky itself. Both were talking about meta-level over understandings over reality which doesn't always fit our notions or filters.

The problem with dismissing Jacobs out-of-hand is that if his finding are correct and real, this is a place for exploration. If he is wrong, it is time to find out but not based upon presumption. He is forthright in saying he doesn't know, however, he has been going at this alone on his own dime. He is doing more than searching the net. I'm sure it has hurt his career in academia. I don't think he has been thrilled with the reception from the UFO "community" again any more than Graham Hancock is about dealing with the fallout on his new book. It's thankless.

Yes, witch hunt is the right word, but it is more like the Catholic Church and Galileo.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

This will probably be one of my last forays into Paracast Forum-land. Baptist are more open than this groups. I'm around real scientists who have less filters and judgements than this group has. Dr. Jacobs would have been respected or given a hearing before the prejudgements or prejudices set in. By the way, the world seldom has absolutes.

I keep circling the idea of Plato's Cave on one hand and Alan Watt's story of the painted ceiling of the sky that is eventually confused as the sky itself. Both were talking about meta-level over understandings over reality which doesn't always fit our notions or filters.

The problem with dismissing Jacobs out-of-hand is that if his finding are correct and real, this is a place for exploration. If he is wrong, it is time to find out but not based upon presumption. He is forthright in saying he doesn't know, however, he has been going at this alone on his own dime. He is doing more than searching the net. I'm sure it has hurt his career in academia. I don't think he has been thrilled with the reception from the UFO "community" again any more than Graham Hancock is about dealing with the fallout on his new book. It's thankless.

Yes, witch hunt is the right word, but it is more like the Catholic Church and Galileo.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

The Catholic Church and Galileo?? What did I just read?

Wow. Some of you folks are really giving Jacobs a ton of leeway. And all of this so soon after the Roswell slides fiasco.

But to draw an analogy between how a few people on an Internet forum are discussing David Jacobs and the Catholic Church and Galileo. Man, you're reaching big-time.

All of us should all be aware that there is a risk of "throwing out the baby w/ the bathwater," no matter how 'out there' any theory appears. Like most here I think this proposed "hubrid" scenario comes across like worse-than-woeful science-fiction, but what if Jacob's actually on to something? The man states he is convinced this scenario is real so who's to say we're right that he's wrong? Playing "devil's advocate," what if we (to use yet another over-used cliche) are missing "the forest-for-the-trees," and Jacob's is actually on to something really disturbing and worthy of our concern? ... OK, I know that's a BIG stretch, but again: nothing about the abduction phenomenon has been proved or slam-dunk disproven, yet 100's (possibly 1000s) claim that they have had on-going encounters...

Granted, this is dense, unknown territory that has a depth of permeation that has as-yet to be properly documented, catorgorized or/or explained, however... ;) I think we all need to take a shallow breath, slowly back away and deeply look at the evidence!
...oh I forgot, we have NO unequivocal evidence beside sensationally-anecdotalized stories...
ummm *cough*
:oops:

You got it, Chris.

Have you purchased your THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET yet? ;)

I don't think I can ad anything that others haven't brought up except one (I think) I though it was interesting that he quickly at the end through in that Velostat hats could help some people from being abducted.... Someone out there must be making money. After I listen to the show I did a Google search for Velostat hats. And the websites say it all.
I'm 59 years old. As a kid I remember hearing about flying saucers but really didn't get introduced to the idea of aliens until the Barney and Betty hill case was featured in that Look Magazine article in the 60s. I didn't really become interested in learning more about UFOs till 90s so, compared to most of you guys I think I'm new to it. My problem is, I just don't know what to think? The theory's are all over the road. From the stuff we are talking about here to "brakeaway societies", reptile aliens, grays, insects, tall blonds and even Big Foot Aliens. It's exactly the same as any other belief system or religion. Even Mormonism and Scientology have and extraterrestrial (ish) aspect to them.

Now somewhere out there, there is a truth. But they all can't be the truth. In the end all the believers have, is a belief that is backed with no irrefutable, empirical evidence and based on stories and experience and a tiny amount of physical evidence sometimes.
This seems to be the case with most paranormal stuff. It's based mostly on people's belief and based a little on the "evidence" they have. Jacobs ideas and beliefs may seem really "out there" for moat people but are they really that much more out there compared to the other stuff talked about on this show?
I'll bet in the and the real answer will turn out to be much simpler. It usually does.

One thing I wish I could've asked him right there is this... If these aliens are that incredibly powerful and sophisticated, why the hell are the Taliban and ISIS still running around wreaking havoc in the Middle East? how about "beaming" them up for starters ;)

After hearing those phone conversations some years ago between Jacobs and that nutty Australian woman where Jacobs was trying to convince her she was in danger from alien hybrids that were instant messaging him... Chris, I would say the tub is empty. That baby and bath water went down the drain a long time ago. Giving this charlatan any forum is disgraceful.

Like most here I think this proposed "hubrid" scenario comes across like worse-than-woeful science-fiction, but what if Jacob's actually on to something? The man states he is convinced this scenario is real so who's to say we're right that he's wrong?

Actually, Chris, I always thought the film, Village of the Damned, 1960, (adaptation of The Midwich Cuckoos) was quite good.

“Leeeve.

Us.

A-leaoune!”

Isn't the theme of that film almost precisely what Jacobs is promoting? (Including the hero of the story "teaching" the fast-maturing hubrids?) Makes you wonder if this movie (or book) wasn't a contaminating trigger for both Hopkins and Jacobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back