• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I do want to make final comments. I gather Burnt State is taking a breather after the emotional dust-ups, and I hope he'll be back stronger than ever.

First and foremost, I don't know that anyone here wants to minimize the serious impact of possible sexual abuse. If some abductees are, in fact, victims of such abuse that is clothed in false memories about possible alien abductions, that is a matter for the authorities and skilled mental health professionals to handle. Lay researchers have no business getting involved in such cases. There has to be a set of rules of the road that will define the warning signs so the victims can get the help they need.

I see that Emma Woods has completely overhauled her site, removing most of the voluminous material she previously posted, and leaving a "Coming Soon" label on a number of promised articles. The small number of new postings are clearly rewritten in a more accessible way, no doubt with the help of her supporters. Unfortunately, she glosses over her own abduction experiences and what led her therapist to suggest she contact abduction researchers on the other side of the world for help. Indeed you may not even know she was an abductee at all at first glance.

The main contention about Dr. David Jacobs is that he is an incompetent researcher who used faulty methods that resulted in confabulated stories of extended and lurid encounters with aliens and alien hybrids/hubrids. By allowing his test subjects to freely share information, he created a closed loop system that resulted in a false narrative about a possible alien invasion. Some reviews of Dr. Jacobs' current book, "Walking Among Us," are linked or published at the site. These reviews essentially echo the complaints about his research methods.

While reviews on Amazon are hardly an indication of the true value of a book, the reader reaction is far more positive than I expected. He receives mostly four and five-star reviews, with a handful of one-star reviews that essentially repeat the usual attacks. If you consider him to be a devil incarnate, you will be surprised at the scope of the detailed positive reviews. I was.

Unfortunately, discussing anything about Jacobs in an open forum has become impossible. It's too polarized, which is why this thread has come to a close.

We do, however, have an open forum about abductions, sexual abuse and sleep paralysis that covers some critically important issues. I hope we can continue to talk about these extremely important issues without the excess emotions and personal attacks:

Alien Abductions, Child Sexual Abuse & Sleep Paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back