• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So judgemental:oops:
So should I feel ashamed/stupid for liking Taylor Swift/buying some of her music? Or only half stupid for liking something with artistic merit also.

Oh for god's sake, are you seriously that sensitive??

Speaking as a musician who's been playing for over 40 years, I can tell you one does become slightly bitter when one realizes that much less talented people make 98% of the money in the industry. Does that help you understand ?

I'm not being judgemental. I'm stating my opinion. It's a free world, Fibuli. You can do the same.

What Taylor Swift makes is the fast food of the music world, similar to a lot of other pop music. It's sweet and sugary and people like it. That doesn't make it better music.

You don't need to feel ashamed about liking anything. It's your call where you put your money and clearly you are not alone in giving your heard-earned money to Miss Swift.

Oh for god's sake, are you seriously that sensitive??

Speaking as a musician who's been playing for over 40 years, I can tell you one does become slightly bitter when one realizes that much less talented people make 98% of the money in the industry. Does that help you understand ?

I'm not being judgemental. I'm stating my opinion. It's a free world, Fibuli. You can do the same.

What Taylor Swift makes is the fast food of the music world, similar to a lot of other pop music. It's sweet and sugary and people like it. That doesn't make it better music.

You don't need to feel ashamed about liking anything. It's your call where you put your money and clearly you are not alone in giving your heard-earned money to Miss Swift.
You were just being so crusty, I wanted to point out that entertainment is valuable in people's lives. :p
You didn't do anything wrong, just expressing your opinion which I share some sentiment with. I didn't tell you to shut up, I just made you feel sympathetic:rolleyes:
Also, I didn't give her my money, I traded it for music. I mean, I don't like Rupert Murdoch, but I bought X-Files stuff which is owned by FOX. It's complicated.

You were just being so crusty, I wanted to point out that entertainment is valuable in people's lives. :p
You didn't do anything wrong, just expressing your opinion which I share some sentiment with. I didn't tell you to shut up, I just made you feel sympathetic:rolleyes:
Also, I didn't give her my money, I traded it for music. I mean, I don't like Rupert Murdoch, but I bought X-Files stuff which is owned by FOX. It's complicated.

I wasn't being crusty. I was being realistic, and you were taking it too personally. There's a difference.

I don't feel sympathetic towards a corrupt music industry that forces talented musicians to live close to or below the poverty line.

Get a grip man.

Calling Hybrids! Do you need training with everyday things? Need help going to the Mall? Buying clothes? Visiting the candy store? Well now you can sit back, relax and put your trust in Junius Hybrid life skills. At Junius Hybrid life skills, we understand the Galaxy of differences you will face on a daily basis. Need to know if you'll need a Lazer sword or a Train ticket? Well, don't worry anymore. Junius Hybrid Lifeskills - feel at home on Earth with us. Call today and mention the Paracast for a 10% discount!

ScreenHunter_1066 Oct. 20 19.01.jpg

I wasn't being crusty. I was being realistic, and you were taking it too personally. There's a difference.

I don't feel sympathetic towards a corrupt music industry that forces talented musicians to live close to or below the poverty line.

Get a grip man.
I wasn't taking it too personally-start a poll and ask:p
I know about poverty so don't deign to patronize me 'man'
I'm just being funny and cute-I think you need to smoke one and get a grip yourself. I definitely shouldn't have said that you're crusty. You aren't crusty at all;)
BTW I meant sympathize with another person who your words affect guh
Why don't you stop being bitter and be friendly and post your music in the Misic thread.

I wasn't taking it too personally-start a poll and ask:p
I know about poverty so don't deign to patronize me 'man'
I'm just being funny and cute-I think you need to smoke one and get a grip yourself. I definitely shouldn't have said that you're crusty. You aren't crusty at all;)
BTW I meant sympathize with another person who your words affect guh
Why don't you stop being bitter and be friendly and post your music in the Misic thread.

And once again, I'm not being bitter. You are just being excessively sensitive in regard to Taylor Swift. And apparently passive-aggressive (if your use of emoticons is any indication).

I hurt your feelings in re to your taste in music while attempting to make a point about how stupid people can be in terms of the choices they make spending their money. I, along with probably millions of others, find it ridiculous that she makes so much money based on the small quantity of musical talent that she has.

That, sir, was the point of bringing up Taylor Swift's ridiculous $1 Million a day salary. Is it more clear now?

I'll leave it at that. Pretty sure if you don't get it by now, you never will. Having said that, you may find this comical. I know I did.

Being the husband at a Taylor Swift concert
EbV38HT.jpg

Last edited:
And once again, I'm not being bitter. You are just being excessively sensitive in regard to Taylor Swift. And apparently passive-aggressive (if your use of emoticons is any indication).

I hurt your feelings in re to your taste in music while attempting to make a point about how stupid people can be in terms of the choices they make spending their money. I, along with probably millions of others, find it ridiculous that she makes so much money based on the small quantity of musical talent that she has.

That, sir, was the point of bringing up Taylor Swift's ridiculous $1 Million a day salary. Is it more clear now?

I'll leave it at that. Pretty sure if you don't get it by now, you never will. Having said that, you may find this comical. I know I did.

EbV38HT.jpg
Yeah, conveniently ignore all of the lets be friends stuff though. I would bake you a delicious cake if we were in the same place.

Assuming for the sake of a thought experiment that the alien agenda as outlined by Dr. David Jacobs is true, why do they suffer him to exist? To continue interviewing abductees, and the rest? If they are so adept at mind control, why do they allow this hypnosis to take place?

EbV38HT.jpg
Jeez I was just expressing myself,like you.
Nobody said that you can't say what you like.
My feelings weren't really that hurt. I'm a pretty tough lady. I was kinda being hyperbolic to illustrate my feelings about a post.
I like to use sardonic humor.
I understand the points/ideas you were putting forward(i.e. Financial tyranny, dirty recording industry suff, etc.).
Clangers.

Assuming for the sake of a thought experiment that the alien agenda as outlined by Dr. David Jacobs is true, why do they suffer him to exist? To continue interviewing abductees, and the rest? If they are so adept at mind control, why do they allow this hypnosis to take place?

Exactly. You've touched on one of the myriad fallacies in his arguments. He asserts that the aliens can control the minds of humans, yet for some odd reason the aliens allow him to write books and discuss their evil agenda in public. I'm sure his answer to that would be, well the aliens are allowing this to happen for some paradoxical reason.

Let's face it. Jacobs has dreamt up an answer to any query one might have about his assertions. He's ready for any attack on his theories, and when he tires of defending himself, he just says, "look, I just wanna go watch TV all day. If you're so interested in this topic, grab my books, read them all, then follow up on my research by doing your own research."

It's just amazingly pathetic.

Last edited:
Jeez I was just expressing myself,like you.
Nobody said that you can't say what you like.
My feelings weren't really that hurt. I'm a pretty tough lady. I was kinda being hyperbolic to illustrate my feelings about a post.
I like to use sardonic humor.
I understand the points/ideas you were putting forward(i.e. Financial tyranny, dirty recording industry suff, etc.).
Clangers.

Like I said, I'm done with the Taylor Swift crap.

Let's move on.

The only reason we're discussing this is because you responded to my post and brought this issue up. Your response inferred that there was no point in writing a UFO book because there's no money in it. You mentioned $1 per book, which is why I brought up the "speculation" aspect. When you start to throw figures around, that my friend is speculation.

At any rate, there is money in it. Whether it's a little or a lot is irrelevant. The intention in making sales is always the same. To make money.
Don't patronise me. You have absolutely no idea what proportion of UFO authors make a semblance of a living from this pursuit, and no data to back up what you maintain is the primary motivation for writing these book - profit. You wouldn't have a clue so stop speculating and picking pointless forum arguments.

Don't patronise me. You have absolutely no idea what proportion of UFO authors make a semblance of a living from this pursuit, and no data to back up what you maintain is the primary motivation for writing these book - profit. You wouldn't have a clue so stop speculating and picking pointless forum arguments.

LatentCauses, you need to take a step BACK.

You are the person who speculated that Jacobs was making "$1" per book, NOT ME.

If anyone started this argument, YOU DID.

You need to calm down man.

This is the only thing they'll understand..
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back