• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 18, 2015 — Dr. David Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming for the sake of a thought experiment that the alien agenda as outlined by Dr. David Jacobs is true, why do they suffer him to exist? To continue interviewing abductees, and the rest? If they are so adept at mind control, why do they allow this hypnosis to take place?
Obviously, it's either he's a superhero, The Alien Abductor Defender striking fear into the hearts of the greys (do they even have hearts?) or he's also wearing the tin foil hat all the time in order to dissuade the secret powers of the invading alien confederacy. Shouldn't the only defender and documentarian of alien takeover take precautions before he retires to the couch to catch up on some of the new Fantasy Island episodes, get The Love Boat and I Dream of Jeanie on Blu-ray, maybe get some Kolchak, man that was a good show.

Once again, it's not just posting a clanger, it's clearly a passive-aggressive stance. Admit it.
Ok this one instead
clangers-o.gif

If you look at giphy.com there's only one Clangers gif. That was the other one. Just get high and enjoys it.

Obviously, it's either he's a superhero, The Alien Abductor Defender striking fear into the hearts of the greys (do they even have hearts?) or he's also wearing the tin foil hat all the time in order to dissuade the secret powers of the invading alien confederacy. Shouldn't the only defender and documentarian of alien takeover take precautions before he retires to the couch to catch up on some of the new Fantasy Island episodes, get The Love Boat and I Dream of Jeanie on Blu-ray, maybe get some Kolchak, man that was a good show.
I agree. I'm a Quincy fan, though.

Thank goodness. See what happens when we all think green?! Now that that's solved can I ask who listened to ATP and noticed a much more thorough approach to dissecting Jacobs' process? I thought there were some significant implications for abduction research you could respond to along with how we see the entire history of the abduction field, including Saint Budd.

In an interview on another show, it sounded as though Jacobs hinted that one of the last two books he'll write has to do with hybrids coming after him, etc. Maybe he'll release this one post-humously to avoid being abducted by police and put into a psychiatric ward.

I have been mulling this whole thing over: I think it is good that jacobs was interviewed on the Paracast. My understanding is that one of the goals of the show is to "separate signal from noise" and judging by the responses so far in this thread that has certainly been achieved!

I would also like to say that: whatever the "reality" of the abduction phenomena "abductees" should be treated with empathy, compassion and respect, however the same can not be said of those that exploit them for their own ends.

I know it has been said already but interviewing someone does not imply that you support their cause or stance.

@Mr. Fibuli I hope you are aware that the clangers are part of the whole "getting us ready for an alien takeover" procedure!
Here is an image of them testing their latest IPBM (inter planetary Ballistic Missile) system:
cl_1.jpg

I like how in reality, we (the UFO community) have not even proved that a flying disc (controlled by pilot or remotely) from another world even exists. But yet somehow Jacobs has it down to specific breeds of aliens, where they are from, what their agenda is, etc. etc. I'd say that's getting the cart in front of the horse, eh? Can we at least establish, without a shadow of a doubt, that such thing as a "flying saucer" from another world exists FIRST before all this other alien/hybrid/world domination nonsense?

Last edited:
Thank you for introducing me to Uncle Theodore. It is brilliant satire, though from looking at his comments he appears to be quite serious about his predictions which makes it all the more eclectic. If he, Menekin and Jacobs could get together, there could be some serious shifts in reality created and as a reality tv show the humor quotient could be very high.

I found some interesting comments about Dr. Jacobs over on reddit. Enjoy.

Discussion about David M. Jacobs' abduction research. • /r/EBEs

Samples:

"He is terrible. Absolutely terrible. He has no background in psychotherapy and should absolutely not be conducting any hypnosis... Regression hypnosis methodology in use by untrained or amateur therapists is extremely dangerous. Without a background in psychotherapy and therapeutic technique, it can be a tremendously harmful tool."

"David Jacobs is a perfect example of how far down the rabbit hole of self-delusion people can fall when they don't look at themselves and their imaginations critically. His methodology is precisely the problem—you can listen to recordings of him conducting his "regressions" in which he is the only one providing details and the person being "regressed" is simply agreeing. He clearly has no training or experience with crucial aspects of collecting objective, accurate reports from people, much less people in a suggestible state."

"I love his methodology, and I always thought "The Threat" would make a great movie: hypnotherapist uncovers patterns and details common to all experiencers indicating an imminent threat. I'd watch the hell out of that."

NOTE: I thought that comment was particularly interesting, because it lends credence to my argument that Jacobs might be trying to make money in this. Imagine if he can sell movie rights to his silly book? Imagine how much money he could make? Think about it.

Anyway, it's interesting to hear what other people think, both here and elsewhere on the Internet.

In an interview on another show, it sounded as though Jacobs hinted that one of the last two books he'll write has to do with hybrids coming after him, etc. Maybe he'll release this one post-humously to avoid being abducted by police and put into a psychiatric ward.
Or, more accurately in Jacobs' case, "post-humorously."

Easily the best 10:15 watching a video I've ever spent. Good advice, too, on getting a "helmet" that has a chin strap so the aliens will be unable to remove it while you're sleeping. Sure, the Greys may have mastered interstellar travel but removing a hat that has a chin strap? No can do, mister! I feel safer already.

Thank you for introducing me to Uncle Theodore. It is brilliant satire, though from looking at his comments he appears to be quite serious about his predictions which makes it all the more eclectic. If he, Menekin and Jacobs could get together, there could be some serious shifts in reality created and as a reality tv show the humor quotient could be very high.
(aliens speaking to each other) "Damn it! We've figured out how to make a craft out of one giant block of alloy that has no moving parts, that can travel at warp speeds across the universe, we can speak telepathically and use mind control on humans, we can penetrate earths atmosphere without being noticed, we can perform abductions at night (and day) with no memory remaining about the event for the abductee, etc. But yet we ARE FOILED by the 'ol Velostat in a leather WWII flyers cap trick again. Damn it all to hell! Back to the drawing board."

(aliens speaking to each other) "Damn it! We've figured out how to make a craft out of one giant block of alloy that has no moving parts, that can travel at warp speeds across the universe, we can speak telepathically and use mind control on humans, we can penetrate earths atmosphere without being noticed, we can perform abductions at night (and day) with no memory remaining about the event for the abductee, etc. But yet we ARE FOILED by the 'ol Velostat in a leather WWII flyers cap trick again. Damn it all to hell! Back to the drawing board."
So you hear them too... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back