• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is Nick Pope A Disinformation Agent?

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I just read a thread online that Nick Pope 'predicts that by 2024 humans will have made contact with alien races. Really Nick? In 2024 a new technology telescope will be launched and that will allows the human race to contact other races. What makes Pope think we haven't had contact all along? I always had a bad feeling about this guy. A former Defence Ministry spokesman who always seems to be in the news. It doesn't ring true to me. Wouldn't the Great Britain government want this guy to keep quiet after he left their employment?
There was also his prediction during the past Olympics about an alien race making their presence known during the festivities. We soon found out he took money to shill this bit of nonsense. I guess people will listen to anyone who speaks about alien contact.

I don't think he is official disinfo for the simple reason that he has never really committed himself to any case/theory strongly either way. If his purpose was to lead people the wrong way, he would have to be a bit more vocal in these false directions which he is not.

It's certainly not bad reasoning though, to suspect him, cos we should indeed be careful of anyone coming from such an official position.

I agree with Goggs. Pope has more or less become one or two steps removed from being an impotent gimp. IMO, he's done so much to discredit and dilute himself in the last few years that it's like he's attempting to stir the UFO pot with a piece of rope.

Media whore. End of discussion.
Bingo.

I think Mr. Pope is a good guy. I also think he's found quite a bit of notoriety on the UFO circuit. His initial interviews were (just my opinion) very good. He seemed like a straight shooter. That is, most UFO sightings are nothing but mundane. A very small percentage are quite interesting. My thought is, as his story became more widely known, the pressure to deliver "information" that retained people's interest grew. I think he's very heavily pressured to provide what people want to hear.

Think about it. It's a very easily demonstrated phenomena. Exhibit "A": John Lear. Went from knowing Bob Lazar to claiming there are "soul catchers" on the moon. That's just one example.

I think Nick is a dis-information agent, and that he uses the power of his accent for evil. I suspect anybody with an awesome accent...well, like Gogg's.

j/k.

On a more serious note, I think Nick is using his past to express himself in the UFO field, but, myself, don't see anything wrong with it per-se. I've always sort of liked Nick, and the fact that he doesn't take a stance on 'what' UFO's are or on any particularly solid theory that's running out there gives him a little credibility in my eyes. He's another personality in the field, and considering the other personalities in this field I think Nick's one of the better, more rational ones....perhaps despite some speculations.

Peace.

J.

Nothing I've seen or read indicates that Nick Pope had any access to evidence other than inconclusive UFO reports, and so far as I know, he's never seen a UFO ( alien craft ) himself. It looks like he leveraged his brief stint as a UFO investigator in the MOD into a retirement project that got him a book deal, onto the lecture circuit, and into the media. Fair enough I suppose. That's more credentials than most ufologists. But I sometimes wonder just how much training it took to become an MOD UFO investigator? I've never seen any reference to the qualifications required for his job. For all we know it wasn't much more than a clerical position that required no ufology training or credentials, and I wouldn't be surprised if MUFON training is more in-depth. To be fair however, that was a few years ago and since then Nick seems to have done a pretty good job of getting himself up to speed and positioning himself ( along with guys like Friedman ) as one of ufology's talking heads. Lastly, I think his connection with the FX and gaming companies has been overblown. The bottom line with Nick is that it's unlikely he'll ever produce anything new of substance unless his former employers at the MOD give it up. If they do, at least Nick is in a position to liaise with them. But I'm not holding my breath.

In the "The Journey", a film made in 2004 about Anthony Woods (have posted about it on here before) Nick Pope appears approximately 50.05 minutes in, as a talking head. His introduction is interesting in that he states "I've worked for the MOD for 18 years now..." I was always under the impression he retired from service when his time on the UFO desk from 1991 - 94 ended. However if he was there in 2004, then he may still be. 'Working' his day job in tandem with his 'fringe' activities, because they might be one and the same thing as it were. Just speculating...

I think Nick would be suspicious if he claimed to have 'the' answer(s) but he maintains a stance that is open and I get the feeling, as said by others in this thread, that he was just lucky to have fallen into a position that has turned out very well for him. I don't think he knows more than anyone else really, he may be knowledgeable about a number of cases etc but I still believe the 'best' stuff would have gone over his head and he wouldn't have even known about it.

Cashing in on his former job? Yip. Anything wrong with that? Nope. I would.:)

Nick Pope a disinformation agent? The guy is clever. But i don't think hes clever enough to be that kind of guy! When hes been on here doing radio interviews-he just talks about old UFO cases that have happened. I hear nothing new. He is retired, so he has the time to talk about things hes interested in and can make some money on the side while doing it.

I personally doubt this very much, yes he is on pretty much every UFO Doc about, but that's probably due to his experience and his professional application in this area, and I'm guessing he has to pay the bills like everyone else. Pope always seems to deal with the facts and evidence rather than make any personal or biased opinions. The skeptical people about will say that's the perfect cover, but if you are to believe that's the truth I doubt anything will ever change your mind on any situation based on what's infont of you.

Out of all of the UFO experts, he at least appears very genuine IMO.

Back