• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Imbrogno, Fraud, Stolen Valor

I guess I'm missing the point here. I didn't think that what she wrote was that bad. Yes, she assumed he was using a made-up username but in the comments she says she found out that wasn't the case. Most of what I saw in that piece and in the responses (I admit I just skimmed the comments) was just coming to grips with the information: Y'know, the usual steps of grief to bad news; anger, denial, bargaining, etc. Kind of like what I went through with the David Jacobs revelations before I worked it out of my system, ha ha. There is the totally insane remarks by Lehmberg but that guy is just plain weird and he speaks a language all his own (Like stuffy, aristocratic intellectual meets illiterate peasant. Truly bizarre). I wouldn't get too worked up over anything that strange guy has to say.

That blog indicated a real or feigned ignorance of what was actually going on. After all this time, I would find it curious that she didn't realize Lance Moody was really Lance Moody, or the background of this entire matter.

That blog indicated a real or feigned ignorance of what was actually going on. After all this time, I would find it curious that she didn't realize Lance Moody was really Lance Moody, or the background of this entire matter.

I'm not saying she got it perfect. Not by a long shot. There's mistakes in what she said. I guess it just takes more than that to get me excited. This is UFOs, after all. If I got myself worked up every time someone had something to say that wasn't completely accurate I'd be totally off my rocker by now. She got the thing about Lance's name not being his real name wrong. But in the comments she acknowledges she had been incorrect about that. Aside from that what is there to get riled up about? She seems to accept the information for the most part, admits that everything Imbrogno has said needs to be examined now.

I just have to say that it seemed to me to be more disingenuous posturing attempting to deflect attention from the real problem in Ufology today. The presence and tolerance of bald-faced liars and confidence men. Regardless of what the driveling nonsense in the comments over there suggest, skepticism and critical thinking aren't the problem, they are the solution. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't paying attention in my estimation.

I'm not saying she got it perfect. Not by a long shot. There's mistakes in what she said. I guess it just takes more than that to get me excited. This is UFOs, after all. If I got myself worked up every time someone had something to say that wasn't completely accurate I'd be totally off my rocker by now. She got the thing about Lance's name not being his real name wrong. But in the comments she acknowledges she had been incorrect about that. Aside from that what is there to get riled up about? She seems to accept the information for the most part, admits that everything Imbrogno has said needs to be examined now.

Only after she was corrected by others. She should have paid attention before trying to put a spin on the matter. These forums had the details when we revealed the story on The Paracast. Ignorance indeed!

I just have to say that it seemed to me to be more disingenuous posturing attempting to deflect attention from the real problem in Ufology today. The presence and tolerance of bald-faced liars and confidence men. Regardless of what the driveling nonsense in the comments over there suggest, skepticism and critical thinking aren't the problem, they are the solution. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't paying attention in my estimation.

She's accepting the information while at the same time holding onto her belief system. I've been there, done that. Give her a few weeks to get over it and she'll be singing a tune that seems more appropriate to you. We are dealing with belief here, after all. UFOs and the paranormal is an emotional subject. When presented with information that challenges a worldview people tend to react emotionally. All I saw in her comments was an acknowledgment of Imbrogno's fraud coupled with a few somewhat delusional lines triggered by her emotional response to the bad news. People aren't robots. It's normal to react in such a way to something/someone you believed in for God knows how long and then instantly discover it's all bullshit. What she thinks about it a month from now will truly show where her head is at.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Only after she was corrected by others. She should have paid attention before trying to put a spin on the matter. These forums had the details when we revealed the story on The Paracast. Ignorance indeed!

Well, OK. I'm not going to get into a big fight about it. I certainly agree with all of you that Imbrogno is completely full of shit and nothing he has ever said should be taken seriously anymore. And I also think that Lance was completely right to do what he did and I'm glad he did it. I just think some of ya' are being a little harsh here and are completely ignoring basic human psychology. But I'll leave it at that.

Wow!
You get sick of the bull poopey...
Leave the forums...
Suffer another death in the family....
Recover from a couple of those Windows viruses (Stop laughing Gene!!!!)...
Buy a couple of new basses...
Restore a 1966 Fender Dual Showman...
Restore a H.H. Scott 1963 tube stereo...
Continue recording a new album...
go to the grocery store...
and you come back to this????

Heading for the rum and coke.... see you later.

Actually I believe that even in spite of the frauds that we keep reading and listening and watching because we KNOW something strange is going on. I don't know what. But I do know something strange is going on. And I have never, ever, seen anything strange. Except, as a kid, I saw more of my grandma than I EVER need to see. I think I am still traumatized!

Shameless Plug... Go see Super 8. It was filmed in my home town.

I've come to think of it as the War of the Paranormal Divas and its seems to be a natural outgrowth of the perceived blood in the water that Imbrogno's disgrace has left. The show that defines itself in its one sided rivalry with the Paracast was the first out of the block naturally. A couple of others have since shown everyone their backsides in the ATS forum and now we have UFO magazine showing its true colors, brown and darker brown.

"War of the Paranormal Divas" LOL I love it! Is it on a double bill with "Destroy All Monsters" (cue Toho Godzilla music :)

Dude, you should copyright that. Classic.

That ATS thread was interesting on a number of different levels.

On the one hand, this functioning Sociopath has set cutting edge paranormal research back tremendously. But on the other hand, this gives someone the opportunity to pick up the Interdimensional hypothesis football, & run with it. I know Nick Redfern is on the team.

Don, when are you going to write a book and/ or books on all the stuff you've uncovered. I've listened to every episode of Dark Matters, & you've got major pieces of the puzzle. A series of books (or eBooks) would go over big. Just the lunar anomalies / Saccheri /Strum stuff alone would be major.

"
Don, when are you going to write a book and/ or books on all the stuff you've uncovered. I've listened to every episode of Dark Matters, & you've got major pieces of the puzzle. A series of books (or eBooks) would go over big. Just the lunar anomalies / Saccheri /Strum stuff alone would be major.

Thanks Infolad for the vote of confidence but the truth is, after this little dust-up I am conflicted if I even want to stay in the diminished roll I have been playing in UFOs/paranormal. Imbrogno proved a point that nothing, not a damned thing in this shit-hole can be taken for granted.

I entered this field full time in late-87 and damned near everything I thought then has been demolished. My feelings on the phenomena, people in the field and even some of the best known cases have all been thrown into confusion and crapola. I used to look forward to the battle and now I am just disgusted by it all. Don't mean to whine and complain but I really do have to re-think all this crap. Just telling you like it is.

Decker

Thanks Infolad for the vote of confidence but the truth is, after this little dust-up I am conflicted if I even want to stay in the diminished roll I have been playing in UFOs/paranormal. Imbrogno proved a point that nothing, not a damned thing in this shit-hole can be taken for granted.

I entered this field full time in late-87 and damned near everything I thought then has been demolished. My feelings on the phenomena, people in the field and even some of the best known cases have all been thrown into confusion and crapola. I used to look forward to the battle and now I am just disgusted by it all. Don't mean to whine and complain but I really do have to re-think all this crap. Just telling you like it is.

Decker

Don, I totally understand. You are truly a veteran of a thousand psychic wars in the house of mirrors that is the paranormal field. And this is definitely one field where there are gigantic piles of BS in the high grass that you can end up stepping in, even when you're looking for them.

You always tell it like it is. It's like a friend of mines' always says, "which one do you want, the truth, or the brutal truth?" You always give the latter, and I appreciate & respect that more than you can possibly know. It's so rare these days, that people don't even know how to react when they see it.

The very fact that there is even a discussion about this grifter Imbrogno staying in the field speaks volumes. Trust me, I totally understand. It's why I spend less and less time on the forums, & reading the books. Hours of my life I can't get back. I'm actually finding out more about the phenomena through what I'm involved in (Qigong, Internal Taoist Alchemy, & meditation), than the intellectual masturbation that passes for research online these days.

Bill Bohdri of meditation expert.com has a very interesting article about aliens & UFOs:

http://www.meditationexpert.com/paranormal/p_how_to_view_ufo_aliens_and_extraterrestrial_life.htm

He's a straight shooter just like yourself. He provides people with the tools to literally find out about everything (true reality) themselves. It's actually the only way to know. You're certainly not going to find the ultimate truth of this phenomena online.

Here's the page about him & his teacher:

http://www.meditationexpert.com/aboutus.html

Buddhists, Taoists, Zen masters, & others have recorded this phenomena, & many other things so bizarre, the average westerner wouldn't believe it, thousands of years ago. And you're not supposed to mindlessly believe it.

The great thing is Bohdri's site actually provides the tools to find out about this stuff yourself.There's no need to reinvent the wheel. most people won't do it though. Even though actual gross physical phenomena do manifest when you put the time in. But again, most people won't. They'll just smirk, think " those crazy primitive , superstitious cultures", and keep moving. But I digress.

Don, If you decide to say "To hell with this crap, I'm out" tomorrow, I for one won't be mad at you. Peace of mind is the most important thing you can have in this world. If this field is taking yours, then it's time to go.

Well Don I am with you on the stolen valour front. I had the privilege to serve but never saw active duty. I would have liked to. I see no point in lying about it as I found my military career infinitely satisfying with what I did anyway, even though none of it was active service.
Around my country (UK), I have occasionally encountered a stranger very obviously talking about active service they never had. Mostly, they never even served. I think it is just one of those unfortunate 'Walter Mitty' type thing for many - they are trying to make their no-doubt pathetic lives seem less so to other people. The rest are just downright devious because they use such a lie to get respect not due to them and possible even up their chances of employment etc.

You know what makes the whole sordid affair a little more tolerable? At least for my way of thinking. I think if people think it actually worth lying about tertiary education and military service they never did, it just makes the people who have done these things all the better than liars such as Imbrogno. Some of us have done the things he wanted people to believe he had done. So he must have thought those were desirable enough aspects to a life for him to lie for years about it!

I have friends and former colleagues right now as I write abroad serving in the forces. I would personally destroy publicly anyone who tried to ride on their honourable coat-tails.
If you wanna brag about it, man up and actually do it! Then, and only then, can you brag about it!
Perhaps any monies earned by Imbrogno off the back of his false reputation should go to a Vietnam Veterans charity. That would indeed be poetic justice.

goggsmacky,

Great comments and find those who use public attention regarding stolen valor a true crime and insults all the servicemen and women who gave their lives in combat zones. It also insults the Veterans and families which many struggle to deal with combat experiences and their families who many suffer from secondary PTSD especially the wives and some times the children. More always need to be done for Veterans families.The Charities do so much great service to the communities and stolen valor insults all that hard work.

"Stolen Valor" and the frauds that deal in that leave me ... livid. Another prime example of Stolen Valor ... Korff. I often wonder how they can even look in a mirror.

Kal Korff Exposed

Back