• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Steven Greer --> Here we go ...

GSB said:
Wow, what a great read ----> Greer story from front page link

I urge everyone to check that out. Really interesting.

Yes, this is an truly excellent article. I do think Greer missed a beat at the end. Where he encountered an owl, I am surprised Greer didn't refer to this as a screen memory, and that what they were actually seeing was a Grey. Oops! I forgot! HIS aliens are good guys, and don't create screen memories in humans. My mistake.

Miah said:
Why weren't those poiints brought up in the interview to him directly? Greer is going to hear what was said anyhow, so why not say it to his face directly? I think he should get to respond to it.

And don't call me Shirley.

"You're a fraud, sir!"

"No I'm not."

*click*

There. Better?

I just listened to the show, but I haven't read all the posts that come before on this thread. I'm not a Greer fan, nor do I find him credidible.

But, and I will probably be banned from the forum, I was not impressed with this show for various reasons. First up, Greer came off as much professional sounding. David, and to a lesser extent Jeremy, came in looking for a fight.

If I had never heard of any of you, I would have come away from this interview feeling sympathetic for Greer. I know these are weighty, important matters for all involved, but it was poorly handled. I'm not going to pick apart David's approach, because I'm probably going to be attacked for stating my opinion by fellow board members.

I guess it's time for the Paracast to define it's role--Angry, righteous defenders of the search for truth; Or collegiate interviewers. It seems to me there is a middle ground you could aim for without becoming C2C.

This is worse than Boyd Bushman's episode. I don't care about Bushman or his claims, but all the "senior" scientist jibes that were made while barely repressing accusations did not convince me then or your even-handedness then, and this episode did not either.

This Dr.Greer chappy certainly is a dark horse. :)
I'm pretty sure he's a dissinfo agent (have been for some time)
Very interesting 2 hours of listening, thanks.

valiens said:
"You're a fraud, sir!"

"No I'm not."

*click*

When I saw who the guest was, that's exactly how I thought it was going to go.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Scott Story. I mean, yeah, Greer had it coming and I'm not about to defend what he says and does. And yeah, I count it as a win for "our" side. But I don't have the "win" feeling because of the way you guys approached the discussion. And I was actually surprised that Greer could hold it together as well as he did.

While I validate the anger you harbor towards Greer and his ilk, the presentation left me...uneasy? Don't we hold ourselves to a higher standard?

Meh...fuck it. Still a good show.

Scott, I doubt that your mild rebuke will result in banning--you're not even swearing adequately, certainly not as well as our hosts have shown themselves capable of! The thing about Greer is that he is largely unflappable. He won't bite. He's an excellent fencer. I think our hosts used a scatter-gun approach to try to get to him--especially in the second half--trying to get to him from several different angles, and it just had no effect. I don't blame our hosts for being so frustrated with Greer. The bottom line is that Greer is a very well-spoken good-looking empty suit.

I have been listening to the show for many many episodes now. I would have bet 100% that Gene and David would have set up Dr. Greer based on their PREVIOUS comments throughout the years. WHY OH WHY would they want to interview somebody in the past that they did not look as somebody who was credible??????????????

I found this to be a setup on Greer.

Somebody who can write a $3 million dollar check would NOT be looking for advice from a internet radio talk show host .. he would have called Greer directly .. in my opinion.

I find the Paracast something now for me to delete from my system as a resource.

Well, doesn't that take the cake!

I have some longtime friends who have done well in the high-tech industry. Do ANY kind of due diligence on me, and you'll see that I'm fairly well connected, and do indeed have some very, very wealthy friends who have invested in all kinds of ventures.

Are these people who I would go to, to ask for money for my paranormal internet show? No.

Are some of these people interested in the topics we cover, and listen the show? Absolutely.

Does one of them sometimes ask me my opinion about things related to technology, especially as it pertains to his investing in them? You betcha.

I have NO REASON to reveal the identities of ANY of my friends - to anyone, for any reason - and certainly not to anonymous people on the Internet. Get real. You're damned right I'm not going to name him on the show - he's a friend, who values his privacy, and I'm the kind of friend who respects privacy.

You think the Disclosure project (press conference from 2001) is one the "best videos of the century"? Well, ain't that grand. Send him your tax refund check, he needs first class plane tickets for his travels, he has a bad back.

And some of you wonder why I get ticked off at this nonsense...

dB

Well, isn't that just sweet, between when I clicked on Reply and posted that last message, sesteve modified his post, previously demanding I produce the identity of my wealthy friend. Yeah, he'll call Greer directly, but you don't really want to know what he'd call him...

Jeez Louise.

dB

The critics have made me see the light. Gene and Dave, I have to apologize but...with all due respect, they're right. It was a setup. And Dave, you've got, like, a split personality cuz you get mad at things normal people get mad at. So...I'm done with this show too.

In fact, I'm joining CSETI because, damn it, Greer IS handsome! Who cares if he's held or has footage of or has seen footage of because he was brought in as a consultant to...you know...consult over the footage of a beautiful (but dead and charred) alien baby--OR NOT?

Who cares if he charges hundreds of dollars to shine lights in the sky and asks for my tax stimulus package money in the middle of a recession so he can build free energy devices with unamed scientists by an unspecified time?

Seriously, who even cares if an alien grabbed him by the shoulder, and took him to an awaiting translucent spaceship, where he felt right at home with zero concern because he knew they chose him for his pure heart--OR NOT?

I don't. I don't care.

I care that you did the radio equivalent of using your salad fork with your meal. You know...you lost a little savoir faire at the end of the show, there, and so...Screw you guys, you dun a huxter wrong! I'm outta here!

Oh, come on now...

Can you really say that the critique you've received suggests turning a blind eye?

He is pretty hot, though.... I'm not a gay man, but if I was...

I dunno. It sounds to me like, "Yeah, we know he's a fraud and all but...you guys shouldn't have attacked him."

EDIT: To me. I'm not secretly conferring with Gene & Dave. Just speaking for me.

Well, I can tell you are mildly amused by my plea for civility and even-handedness. It's your show, and you steer the discourse. I've learned a lot by listening, and I've seen my own take on these issue change over times in no small part due to these interviews. I'm sad to see the tone of discourse disintigrate.

Maybe I should swear a lot--if my views are more considered, it's easier to blow them off, i suppose.

Jeremy, I've only listened to your show once, but I don't think your irony laced response does you credit.

valiens said:
Gotta give it to him: He is great at what he does, which is stay even-keeled while lying under pressure.

The man wrote a document with aliens. He doesn't have the power to ask them to show up? That's too simplistic? He has to vector them in with a $300 group-think? Go F yourself, Greer.

When you questioned him about the alien baby, he stuttered a lot and seemed to be pulling it directly out of his arse, indeed. I wonder if he made that shit up about being a consultant and the baby being placed on the stoop of a church right then and there.

Ok .. I'm back .. decided NOT to delete you as a resource -- I think you guys are great and have an excellent show. You just hit a nerve with me on this particular show. Damm ... you should have seen 3/4 of the message I edited and deleted. Have a GREAT DAY !!!

- Steve

David Biedny said:
You think the Disclosure project (press conference from 2001) is one the "best videos of the century"? Well, ain't that grand. Send him your tax refund check, he needs first class plane tickets for his travels, he has a bad back.

ABSOLUTELY !!!

sesteve said:
Ok .. I'm back .. decided NOT to delete you as a resource -- I think you guys are great and have an excellent show. You just hit a nerve with me on this particular show. Damm ... you should have seen 3/4 of the message I edited and deleted. Have a GREAT DAY !!!

- Steve

Actually, I'd really be happier if you did indeed go ahead and "delete (us) as a resource". You won't hurt our feelings. Really.

dB

Keep up that attitude Jeremy. I think it's the best type to have. Do what you wanna do with your show. Start worrying about ratings and approval you might turn into Fart Smell.

I found Greer boring. So much so I didn't listen to all the show. I skipped around.

I am glad Jeremy asked about the vids. Crap, I've only waited since 94 to hear someone ask him that. In 94, on the Larry King live in the desert show, is the first time I heard him mentioning his vectoring in vids. I think it was 94 at least.

I've read the article (or one similar) that David linked before. There's others that have come forward sharing a similar view. But, hard to confirm how accurate. From my end at least. I don't know if Greer is just deluded, a con, or both.

Back