• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Steven Greer --> Here we go ...

Free episodes:

I would be really disappoint if Gene and David stopped doing the wrap up talks after the guest leaves. I feel its a sneak peak into what always goes on OFF AIR after a dubious interview is finished on any radio or talk show in the world.

I hope some of these comments dont deter you guys from continuing with that format.

I have seen several posts disagreeing with Gene and David's handling of this interview.

Firstly, Greer was not coerced into this interview. He could have ended it at any time by simply hanging up the phone. Even he understands that any PR, bad or otherwise, is still good PR. Why do you think that he is in regular rotation on C to C??

Secondly, If you you have not been to one of his little "presentations", you have no idea how different he is in person. I saw him in Boulder in 2001 and Fort Collins in 2006 and it was the same schtick both times. I might take him up on his offer for July in Denver.

David and Gene were not going to put up with Dr. Greer's standard b.s. and I applaud them for asking realistic questions! This guy's altruistic, space brother, UFO vectoring, psycho-babble needs to be challenged and exposed for what it is; a huge steaming pile of shit.

Think it would have been a bit better if the questions were answered directly instead of the "I know something ya'all dont know..." attitude.

Unfortunately, I think Mr Greer has no real evidence to show anybody really on anything these days.

Grokl said:
Think it would have been a bit better if the questions were answered directly instead of the "I know something ya'all dont know..." attitude.

Unfortunately, I think Mr Greer has no real evidence to show anybody really on anything these days.

Oh, I'd say we saw some pretty good evidence of something last night. Just not the evidence he'd like for us to see.

:D

This show was bullshit.

To put it another way, it was a disservice to any new listeners or interested laypeople.

To someone who didn't know beforehand that Greer was making a living out of conning people by hiding donations, doing ludicrous outdoor excursions, etc., the tone of the hosts and the guest (Vaeni) sounded needlessly hostile. Then, afterward when everything came out, it was at exactly the wrong time. Any honest-minded person would ask: why didn't Greer get questioned about his shady dealings/strange past behavior *while* the show was going on? If the hosts were convinced that Greer is full of shit, why let two hours go by full of his pontifications? Why not call him out and let him defend himself directly?

I'm a new listener, having listened to the show for the first time (the Tonnies interview) only yesterday. Without anything invested in the hosts, to an outsider it can only seem juvenile or weak to reserve the real criticism of Greer for the end when he can't answer in a kind of bitch session. Why not confront him directly? Afraid he'll hang up the phone? Doubt it. Afraid he won't come back? Doubt he will anyway.

The answers Greer gave were well-constructed. I think the hosts did a disservice to themselves by not asking more sophisticated questions, convinced as they were in advance that the guy was full of shit. The show taken by itself amounted to a) the "well-behaved" Greer answering hostile questions plausibly, and b) the three interviewers saying at the end "That guy's an asshole!" after he had already left. At the very least, not the best way to handle it from the point of view of "how to do a radio show".

Gene & David,

After reading every post so far on this topic, I absolutely have to ask you guys a question. When Steven Greer was previously on the show, I remember that you guys were pretty harsh on him. Maybe not as bad as Sunday's show, but still pretty tough. ( Not to mention the pokes you take at him on every other show ! )

So here's my question: How do you go about getting him to come back onto the show ???!?!?!?!?!?!?

Who at the paracast contacts him (or his agent) to come back ? Or does he call you asking to be on the show ? (!)

It almost makes me believe that when he hangs up the phone after the interview he doesn't get any kind of feedback on the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with a lot of what he does. CSETI and the Disclosure Project are a contradiction. He's fighting for disclosure, while at the same time, within his CSETI organization, is holding back the very information that he claims should be made public. Simply put, he's his own worst enemy. :D

With that said, I can't help but agree with him on the free energy issue. If the technology does indeed exist, it definately has to be made public. And sooner rather than later.

To put it another way, it was a disservice to any new listeners or interested laypeople.

Um, Perhaps it was a show for the informed and not the layperson. Maybe the first time he was on, is more your speed. Perhaps? See, they were nice to him the first time. They caught shit. Now, they are too hard I guess.

I didn't care for the show myself either. But really, Do better. Feel free, and I'll listen. Hell, I'll listen if you do worse. It's a free show, no one forces us here. So even the boring shows, I appreciate. Because, I can always hit stop or pause. In the end, I don't hate the hosts. For at least TRYING.

And for Zeropoint. I am completely needing the heroine he/she is on. They were hard on Greer the previous time? Bwahahahahahahahaha. In my weird world, no, they weren't. They were more than nice to him. But, I'm a prick.

I will say. That I no longer despise Greer after this interview. I only hate him now. The interview actually made him look better. In my eyes. Then again, you couldn't have made him look worse so...

I am just shocked by the outpouring of sympathy for Greer. My god, can you people really not see beyond him? Is he really that damn good at suckering you?

As for the New guys, listen to the other podcasts then do some research about the guy and what he is saying.

3 million dollars is SHIT MONEY. There are about a thousand ways to get 3 million dollars to start an alternative energy business. Yes, business. There is no such thing as free. If it is a device, it needs to be manufactured in bulk. Then, for you to get it, it needs to be able to be purchased. That means an order entry/distribution system, e-commerce site, service locations and trained service staff, brick and mortor store fronts, warehouses, shipping and customer service staff. That is just for starters. 3 million is NOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR THIS. However, it is a sum that he can always say "We are getting close, we just need X thousand dollars more", for the rest of his F'ing life! And some poor shmuck out there will feel compelled to write a check. :mad:

"But what if it is just a really big device that can power a whole city or region?" In this case, you need to start putting a string of zero's behind that three.

Come on people use your brain for something other than fertilizer for your hair.

Clearly, if confronted, he would just hang up. You all must remember that he NEVER sticks arround to participate in a Q&A after he speaks because he doesn't want to be questioned on this stuff. He also refuses to let himself be recorded while giving his "lectures" during a conference or symposium.

I just cant believe it! I am more frustrated that some of you are wanting to give the guy a pass than I am about his claims. I am truely mystified!

Paranormal Packrat said:

Um, Perhaps it was a show for the informed and not the layperson. Maybe the first time he was on, is more your speed. Perhaps? See, they were nice to him the first time. They caught shit. Now, they are too hard I guess.

IAWTP

To the lay people I say this: Do your research and educate yourself on the state of things.

I think the hosts handled the interview extremely well. Greer is a lying, deluded scum bag who is undoubtedly surrounded by yes-men yes-family-members reinforcing his bullshit at every opportunity. Hes wealthy, confident, good looking, in shape and probably gets what ever the fuck he wants whenever he wants it.

Im sure he believes his own bullshit even more than his followers.

Despite all that though, I still believe his disclosure project was a good thing. Even though it really didnt achieve anything it was still great to see the credible people coming out and telling the world what they know. Sure, the whole thing was taken down a couple of notches because of the BS witnesses that they didnt weed out, but if thats what it takes for people to be exposed to ex-military witnesses who know stuff then thats just the way it is.

I dunno where I am with this episode... sorta all over the place I guess.

Does anyone else find Greer REALLY hard to listen to? I mean he's just annoying... like a stalling lawnmower engine or something... I was tempted to turn it off after the first, what... 15 minutes of non-stop droning from Greer? I kept hoping for Gene or David to chime in and stop the flow of whitenoise... Never have I so looked forward to the commercial breaks!

A few random points rattling around in my head after the show and reading through the responses in this thread:

First off it's $800 not $300, Jeremy. Yes, I know, your brain wants that 8 to be a 3 because no rational human being could EVER concieve of handing over that much for that litte. Sad but true.

I found the tone of the interview to be... hostile, on ALL sides (even Gene seemed mildly irritated which was almost alarming in and of itself!). Made listening very difficult. At times I almost felt sympathetic to Greer and anything which causes that man to be a target of sympathy cannot be good. I found myself wondering why David was so aggressively responding to certain comments and yet allowing others to go by unchallenged. I suppose decorum on David's part is the answer because asking the questions I had in my head would have resulted in an abrupt hang-up on Greer's end. Still... tough to listen to.

The bit about Greer's mysterious team of non-scientists who really exist but can't be named... I can sorta see how that's legit. I mean suppose (just SUPPOSE) you actually had such a team, you'd want them to keep their heads waaaaay down until you had the means to properly protect them from the powers that be and set them up in a proper lab, wouldn't you? I think so. Annonymity requests on their part don't strike me as odd in the slightest. On the other hand for David to mention his friend (who for the record I'm certain exists... god Greer was being uber-dickish about that wasn't he?) but become flustered at the notion of revealing his identity seems a little pot-and-kettle. Realistically, NOBODY in the public sector needs to know who any of these people are. If there's real research to be done and real funds to do then I don't care what their names are, so long as they actually DO this shit.

Also from what I heard it sounded like Greer and his team are trying to create a prototype, not a production line. For 3 mil I don't see how that's a stretch. But I don't see it happening anyway. Greer's fantasizing if he thinks the government/big business will simply sit idly by while he invents them into extinction with his magic power box. How can anyone be that naive?

Now I'm gonna read that article David posted... this should be sweet...

CapnG said:
The bit about Greer's mysterious team of non-scientists who really exist but can't be named... I can sorta see how that's legit. I mean suppose (just SUPPOSE) you actually had such a team, you'd want them to keep their heads waaaaay down until you had the means to properly protect them from the powers that be and set them up in a proper lab, wouldn't you? I think so. Annonymity requests on their part don't strike me as odd in the slightest. On the other hand for David to mention his friend (who for the record I'm certain exists... god Greer was being uber-dickish about that wasn't he?) but become flustered at the notion of revealing his identity seems a little pot-and-kettle. Realistically, NOBODY in the public sector needs to know who any of these people are. If there's real research to be done and real funds to do then I don't care what their names are, so long as they actually DO this shit.

He has been spewing this crap for a decade or more. If you dont want to name them, then why bring them up? You would have to be a moron not to understand that people are going to start asking questions about them. 1, 2, possibly 3 years... fine. I'd give you that long. But a decade or more? HORSESHIT!

Something I just wanted to comment on...David was adamant that such a profoundly, awesomely advanced civilization could never consider themselves peer with what are essentially primative, angry monkeys. I would consider such an awesomely advanced being to be what Ray Kurzweil would call post-singularity in relation to us. If that's so, they would be well beyond our ability to comprehend on any level whatsoever.
And If that's so, perhaps they would communicate with us after all, recognizing our violent, paranoid, obsessive society as being a natural, perhaps common precursor to more advanced society. Our obsessions and compulsions as human beings are rooted in vastly magnified survival instinct, which any intelligent ( granted, biological ) life was likely also rooted in at first.
The point being, we couldn't accurately gauge any intent on their part. People have often used the 'humanity as inconsequential ant hill' metaphor. This is a linear comparison, and lacking, just as an ant couldn't possibly comprehend the motivations of an entomologist, we couldn't comprehend the extraordinarily advanced being that might study us. It seems rash to completely rule out some sort of respect for humanity on their part.
I'm sleepy...I hope this made some sense...sorry! :D

sesteve said:
Dudes .. I'm OUTOFHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool.

It looks like you overdosed on way too many dickhead pills anyway.

Don't let the e-door, hit your e-arse on the e-way out of a forum.

Imbecile.

Greer doesn't give interviews, he grants audiences.
The only difference between Greer and Bruce Goldberg is that I suspect Goldberg knows he's full of shit, while Greer believes his own delusions are divinely inspired gospel that must be shared with the ignorant masses.
(What the hell was that weird noise that kept popping up in the background every few minutes? Was it Gene sharpening a machete, or David grinding his teeth?)

RonCollins said:
He has been spewing this crap for a decade or more. If you dont want to name them, then why bring them up?

Essentially I agree, that's what I meant about nobody in the public sector needing to know. The fact that Greer feels the need to "flaunt" this team combined with his knee-jerk skepticism of David's very real friend speaks volumes.

Incidently if you guys haven't read that article yet, do so. I was right, it was totally sweet. "Aides-de-Steve who flit around like mosquitoes"... that's fucking priceless!

IsoBan said:
Our obsessions and compulsions as human beings are rooted in vastly magnified survival instinct, which any intelligent ( granted, biological ) life was likely also rooted in at first.

I agree with you, I am not so sure they would find the state of affairs on Earth all that surprising or particularly repugnant.

But anyway, so the interview....my question is WHY was it done when everyone already knew the kind of crap Greer would spew? The only reason I can think of is theater.

And personally I thought David was pretty restrained during the interview, and rebounded well from Greer insinuating he was inventing his rich friend.
Though the diatribe during the wrap-up was mostly based on one single internet article as if it was a smoking gun.

david is so ready to start a fight/get his pointin... he only comes across as abrasive, not insightful.
-like when he jumps on greer stating (in what seemed a pretty pompous tone) that 'the pop. of the US is only 300 million not 600'... when greer wasn't even saying that... small example, but it seems to happen throughout the interview...
-dave gets on greer about 'tesla supressing himself', when greer isn't saying that at all, he's talking about his other papers (unpublished/stolen by FBI)
-in the thread here david mentions (with vitriol) about fusion's antiquation it's not that greer is dismissing it but is saying the the electrogravitic energy leapfrogs it, makes it unecessary... in the same way that there would be no use to explore coal energy anymore. again seems like d's really trying to pick a fight.
-greer said if dave's guy is a serious investor he could meet the scientist involved; not so much a problem that greer wouldn't mention them on air. dave wouldn't mention his guy either, and dave's guy is probably in the public eye-- greer's scientists certainly aren't, and in fact have worked in the defence/secret/covert world.
-as regards whether greer or the two other people mentioned on greer's team are themselves qualified engineers doesn't matter-- they are a team that is to hire & assemble the engineers & experts, in the same way that a restauranteur (or some guys wanting to start a bar) would hire a manger, a chef, a sommelier, etc.
-and by the way, it's an interview-- greer is on the show to talk, not listen. why are listeners complaining about that-- especially as dave inserts a lot about his own stuff in-- he editorializes often (i.e. when he talks about his friend with money... that's a long monologue.)

-& not too surprised at greer's 'if he exists' comments on david's friend... obviously he realizes it's an unfriendly interview...

anyway it would be great for dave to go with his investor and see if he can meet greer's scientists... then we could see if greer's guys are legit.

-and btw that link to the article about greer posted at the beginning of this thread (the 'beyond the...') immediately undercuts itself when describing the 'simian head' of greer and that he 'looks like a shaved sasquatch'... the tone of the article is as irritating as bill o'reilly's, and it's just as hard to get past... name-calling is never effective persuasion technique, at least outside of the schoolyard.

btw i'm not a greer acolyte-- i have some reservations (tho the disclosure project seemed okay), nor am i a biedny basher... it just seemed in this interview db is only too ready to fight

and yes, let the flaming of moi begin!

Scott Story said:
I just listened to the show, but I haven't read all the posts that come before on this thread. I'm not a Greer fan, nor do I find him credidible.

But, and I will probably be banned from the forum, I was not impressed with this show for various reasons. First up, Greer came off as much professional sounding. David, and to a lesser extent Jeremy, came in looking for a fight.

If I had never heard of any of you, I would have come away from this interview feeling sympathetic for Greer. I know these are weighty, important matters for all involved, but it was poorly handled. I'm not going to pick apart David's approach, because I'm probably going to be attacked for stating my opinion by fellow board members.

I guess it's time for the Paracast to define it's role--Angry, righteous defenders of the search for truth; Or collegiate interviewers. It seems to me there is a middle ground you could aim for without becoming C2C.

This is worse than Boyd Bushman's episode. I don't care about Bushman or his claims, but all the "senior" scientist jibes that were made while barely repressing accusations did not convince me then or your even-handedness then, and this episode did not either.

I agree with Scott to some extent. The problem is that it's easy to get wrapped up in one's own 'character', and the indulgence of this - at the cost of an effective investigative interviewing technique - then get's inflated through the encouragement of one's rather sycophantic friends and the 'wooters' on the board (who predominate here, naturally).

In l33t parlance Greer 'pwned' you all (the abrasive interviewers, I mean) because it looked like the 'agenda' was all on your parts.

Sorry but I just think that's how it would look to the more casual listener (and I feel no 'sympathy' for Greer but frustration at your ceding of 'the upper hand' you would have naturally possessed going into an interview with such a loon).

Back