• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr Brandenburg Show

As long as they are good at it. Those damn reptilians from Zeta Reticuli are so..... rough. :D

No Ron, those "reptilians" are RAT BASTARDS! That of course came from our Gal, Colleen Thomas .. Pole Dancer and girl most likely to strip for Peace!

Decker

Nothing, but would there be a show if there weren't people like him ? Would you rather criticize people on shows about anything other then this ? Same cheap shot from me. <- to the quote below

This was a reply to Angelo by the way, for some reason it won't let me edit/attach it to the right post.

"Thanks Chris - I did look him up though before I wrote that. So, because he's a scientist I have to agree with him? Do you prefer I don't give my opinion at all?

You are really so defensive. What makes him more right than the scientists that don't think there's a face on Mars or that don't think there's a UFO cover up? Why is his opinion more valid than theirs? I just said I don't happen to agree with him and i also pointed out his quirks. Have someone from the other point of view on at the same time and then we'll talk."

This was a fun show. I do have one question for Christopher O'Brien, though. At one point in the show you mention that you know someone whose hair turned white virtually within a week. Did you see this personally? Did all of her hair really turn white within a week?

This was a fun show. I do have one question for Christopher O'Brien, though. At one point in the show you mention that you know someone whose hair turned white virtually within a week. Did you see this personally? Did all of her hair really turn white within a week?

I actually witnessed that. Believe it or not my brother in law lost one eyebrow after a sudden emotional shock !

lol he didn't actually lose it... there is no pigmentation in the eyebrow anymore.

.....wooops, maybe my brother in law lied to me ? what do yo think ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ehow.com/about_5139396_causes-eyebrow-hair-loss.html
Alopecia Areata

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease that causes hair loss. Although there is no known cause for alopecia areata, many scientists believe that the disease is genetic. This means that if there is a family history of alopecia areata, you may be at risk. Scientists believe that the disease can be triggered by an environmental element, such as a virus, in people who are more likely to develop it. Although hair will most likely grow back, hair loss and regrowth can occur often.

Read more: Causes of Eyebrow Hair Loss | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5139396_causes-eyebrow-hair-loss.html#ixzz1AYAHb3q7

I don't know about hair turning white in a week, but I was involved in a very bad car crash in March of 2009. My right hip and knee joints had to be replaced. My head didn't get anything but a scratch on the forehead, however within a couple of weeks, and patch of hair on my right side started growing out pure white. After about a month or so, the patch was the size of a playing card. The hair was almost translucent it was so white, and very fine almost whispy. It looked like a bald spot from a few feet away. It stayed that way for almost a year, but now you can't even tell anything was wrong, my hair is back to it's normal dark color and courseness.
The doctor said it was Alopecia, which he described as a nerve disorder.
I think it's reasonable to assume people have had some sort of shock that turned their hair white. Maybe not in a week, but you know how gossip and folklore/folktales get exaggerated.

I don't know about hair turning white in a week, but I was involved in a very bad car crash in March of 2009.

Yeah, I'd say it's fairly uncontroversial that some sort of stress or trauma can affect hair follicles sometimes. But I'm like you, I don't know of any cases of hair which has already grown out of the follicle turned grayed. I don't even see how that could even happen. You need a chemical directly on the hair or sustained sunlight to lighten it just a few shades. Gray is a very different situation.

Angelo: Any other perceived negatives you'd like to pick at? Google is your friend, look him up. It seems it doesn't matter who we get to come on the show, they will never live up to your lofty, idealized standards of excellence and decorum.

OK, I'll do your work for you:

John Brandenburg Ph.D....

Okay, I have to stand behind Angel, here, Chris. I see your attack on him as overly aggressive. Up until Angel's post offering a modicum of critical thinking, every other post regarding the Dr. Brandenburg episode had been little more than "Awesome show! We all know Mars has(d) life now!" Of course that hasn't been proven, even by Dr. Brandenburg, and Angel was pointing that out. After all, a plasma physicist does not an astrobiologist make. Science is a very generalized term, and as was pointed out by an earlier poster on this thread an expert in one area of science may be a complete layman in another, or at least only vaguely familiar with a related field of science. Believe me, I work in computers and have seen computer programmers with 20 years experience in hashing out code utterly screw their computers up trying to map to a printer.

Angel approached the episode with critical thinking and I applaud him for that. We need that critical thinking for every episode (even the ones I completely side with) to keep us all grounded. One strong reason why we need someone like Angel's cautionary words is that we have to remember we've just listened to 3 hours of a single-sided argument. What do other scientists say (other plasma physicists and other astrobiologists) say about Dr. Brandenburg's conclusions? Do other scientists agree or disagree with his conclusions? Would we discount their counter arguments if they went against what a lot of people on this thread want to believe; that Dr. Brandenburg has "proven" the existence of life on Mars either now or in the past? Would we label those other scientists as debunkers or skeptics and give them the same "warm welcome" you've given Angel, Chris?

I'm not saying Dr. Brandenburg's conclusions about Mars are correct, nor am i saying they're incorrect. What I'm saying is we need to stay grounded ourselves, and get the whole picture. When we stop doing that on this forums and when Gene and Chris stop doing that on the show, we ought to just run out and join the Disclosure Movement because we've gotten just as blind as they are.

So Angel, keep your voice, and don't let Chris intimidate you into silence. I've disagreed with you frequently in the past, but in this I believe you need to stay strong and true.

Peace.

The first part of Angels post--
Fun show.I didn't agree with most of Dr. Brandenburg's conclusions though.
was fine. Everyone has the right to disagree with another's conclusions.

The second part--
Also, did it bother anyone else that he kept saying, "As a scientist" and "I'm a plasma physicist?" Now I listen to A LOT of interviews with scientists and I've never heard anyone say it so often. Just an observation.
By the way, if this is the physicist that Ray Stanford showed his evidence to, I call it preaching to the choir.
seemed to be a bit of an unnecessary swipe.
Not much critical thinking there IMO.

Angel, keep your voice, and don't let Chris intimidate you into silence. I've disagreed with you frequently in the past, but in this I believe you need to stay strong and true.
Oh, I see... Angelo is a critical thinker, and I am not. Uh-huh, I get it now. Gimme a freakin break! If you don't think I am a "critical thinker" you ain't listening very well and you definitely haven't read my books.

BTW, I'm not trying to intimidate or shut Angelo (or anyone else) up, I'd like everyone to accentuate the positive once in awhile--not continuously attempt to shoot every messenger (or every viewpoint they have) down like the skeptics tend to do.

Oh, I see... Angelo is a critical thinker, and I am not. Uh-huh, I get it now. Gimme a freakin break! If you don't think I am a "critical thinker" you ain't listening very well and you definitely haven't read my books. BTW, I'm not trying to intimidate or shut Angelo (or anyone else) up, I'd like everyone to accentuate the positive once in awhile--not continuously attempt to shoot every messenger (or every viewpoint they have) down like the skeptics tend to do.
It's pretty obvious that Angelo is much more skilled at critical thinking than you, dude. No disrespect but you seem to accept an awful lot of weird shit at face value. You also keep constantly shilling your books as if the very fact that you took the time to write books makes you an expert or something. There are an awful lot of books out there written about complete bullshit like astrology but which aren't worth a bucket of warm spit in my opinion.

Your observation and reporting skills also leave much to be desired if you think you saw someone's hair turn white within a week. Hair don't work that way, dude. You should think about retracting that one. Things like that cast a shadow on anything else you might say or write.

It's pretty obvious that Angelo is much more skilled at critical thinking than you, dude. No disrespect but you seem to accept an awful lot of weird shit at face value. You also keep constantly shilling your books as if the very fact that you took the time to write books makes you an expert or something. There are an awful lot of books out there written about complete bullshit like astrology but which aren't worth a bucket of warm spit in my opinion.

Your observation and reporting skills also leave much to be desired if you think you saw someone's hair turn white within a week. Hair don't work that way, dude. You should think about retracting that one. Things like that cast a shadow on anything else you might say or write.

What? Is Christopher writing books about astrology now? Wow he's been keeping that close to his chest! MMM bucket of warm spit. You must have read a lot of books about astrology then to be able to give your expert opinion on the subject, dude. Are you also an expert on hair as well? Gnarly, dude.

Oh, I see... Angelo is a critical thinker, and I am not. Uh-huh, I get it now. Gimme a freakin break! If you don't think I am a "critical thinker" you ain't listening very well and you definitely haven't read my books.

BTW, I'm not trying to intimidate or shut Angelo (or anyone else) up, I'd like everyone to accentuate the positive once in awhile--not continuously attempt to shoot every messenger (or every viewpoint they have) down like the skeptics tend to do.

Chris, I never once stated you were NOT a critical thinker, it's just that Angelo is a more critical, critical thinker, and I don't think it's right to slice down his posts when all he's doing is offering a bit of solid grounding. I will state that you don't have the same filters that Angelo has, and leave it at that. I have heard you state some doubtful questions about claims some people have made and respect that, but honestly, in this case, Angelo was simply offering another angle. He posted once and you jumped on him pretty harshly.

's all I'm sayin' about it.

Thanks for the support guys.
Chris is entitled to his opinion as much as I am. If he thinks I was negative about last week's show, he may do so. For the record, I don't think I was negative.

Boys, boys, boys! Settle down a little. We're all critical thinkers here, OK? Being one of our sharpest critical thinkers, there is no way that Chris O'B. is going to let that hair-turning-white miracle stand as is. Chris will have done a little research by now and realizes that although there are physical reasons, maybe even stress about the paranormal, for hair to suddenly start growing out white, there is no mechanism for these changes to be propagated up the dead hair follicle into the part that already had pigment pretty much locked in. You'll see! What he meant to say was:

1. The roots of the lady's hair started coming in white after 7 days. We misinterpreted Chris's meaning.
2. The lady's hair had started falling out, so she resorted to using a white wig. Chris didn't notice.
3. All of the lady's non-white hair fell out at once, giving the impression that the whole bunch had turned white. Understandably, Chris was fooled, since the odds against this happening must be staggering.
4. The lady bleached her hair, something she had been planning to do anyway, and the stress just pushed her that last little bit. Chris misinterpreted the color change.
5. The lady went completely nuts and spray-painted her hair with white Rustoleum. Chris just called it like he saw it.
6. Tricksters did it. Game, set and match to Chris!

But, you know what? It doesn't matter here. Whatever explanation Chris chooses to put forward (even if he sticks to the original miracle) will be defended by many of the posters here. Come on, you know who you are! Stand by your man! Stand by the man who has stated on this forum that the concept of the Trickster makes as much sense as science. Not one of you took him to task for that. It almost doesn't matter what he says, many on this forum will hang on his every word. Whatever he chooses to report about the San Luis Valley will be taken as gospel by many of you. And believe this: there will be some mighty strange reports and photos and video coming out of the SLV in the very near future. The photos and video will not be conclusive, but the reports will be vivid and mind-boggling and totally unexplainable and oh so much fun to read, especially if there's a ghost of chance that they might really be true. I'm literally hugging myself with anticipation!

I know, Angelo, I'm being a dick again. Just can't help it. Nobody here ever addresses the obvious and it gets irritating. I'm feeling better now, though.

Boys, boys, boys! Settle down a little. We're all critical thinkers here, OK? Being one of our sharpest critical thinkers, there is no way that Chris O'B. is going to let that hair-turning-white miracle stand as is. Chris will have done a little research by now and realizes that although there are physical reasons, maybe even stress about the paranormal, for hair to suddenly start growing out white, there is no mechanism for these changes to be propagated up the dead hair follicle into the part that already had pigment pretty much locked in. You'll see! What he meant to say was:
But, you know what? It doesn't matter here. Whatever explanation Chris chooses to put forward (even if he sticks to the original miracle) will be defended by many of the posters here. Come on, you know who you are! Stand by your man! Stand by the man who has stated on this forum that the concept of the Trickster makes as much sense as science. Not one of you took him to task for that. It almost doesn't matter what he says, many on this forum will hang on his every word. Whatever he chooses to report about the San Luis Valley will be taken as gospel by many of you. And believe this: there will be some mighty strange reports and photos and video coming out of the SLV in the very near future. The photos and video will not be conclusive, but the reports will be vivid and mind-boggling and totally unexplainable and oh so much fun to read, especially if there's a ghost of chance that they might really be true. I'm literally hugging myself with anticipation!
I know, Angelo, I'm being a dick again. Just can't help it. Nobody here ever addresses the obvious and it gets irritating. I'm feeling better now, though.

Hmm, Macdaddy eh? Well Mac, you been a member here, what, 2 months?? You got (as I write this note) a whopping 70 posts or so?

You come here and insult O'Brien who is one of the moderators here, someone that has had his ass out in the grass doing the work, and also is a frequent co-host on the Paracast. Now, what freaken' bonifides you got Pal? This is one relatively sane place on the freaken' net where most everyone agrees to disagree now and again ... but they do it polite-like. Savy? If you got a beef with Chris O'Brien, state your beef and back it up with facts. He won't mind and neither will anyone else. But if you are gonna do the ol' Ad Hominen thingy .. well you could bounce outta here as quick as you bounced in. Savy?

Decker

Hmm, Macdaddy eh? Well Mac, you been a member here, what, 2 months?? You got (as I write this note) a whopping 70 posts or so? You come here and insult O'Brien who is one of the moderators here, someone that has had his ass out in the grass doing the work, and also is a frequent co-host on the Paracast. Now, what freaken' bonifides you got Pal? This is one relatively sane place on the freaken' net where most everyone agrees to disagree now and again ... but they do it polite-like. Savy? If you got a beef with Chris O'Brien, state your beef and back it up with facts. He won't mind and neither will anyone else. But if you are gonna do the ol' Ad Hominen thingy .. well you could bounce outta here as quick as you bounced in. Savy?
I have recently been promoted to Paranormal Master, so I got that going for me. I'm not sure I can put my beef with Chris O'Brien any clearer. What's not clear? I'm calling shenanigans on some things he's either written or said. To name two examples:

He claims to know a lady whose hair turned white in a week. My simple question: does he stand by that?

He also wrote that the concept of the Trickster makes as much sense as science. My simple question: WTF? As a side question, I asked the rest of the forum to what degree, if any, they supported such a statement. No response from anybody yet, but I live in hope...

Savvy?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Ad Hominen thingy
Here's the Wikipedia entry on ad hominem:

An ad hominem (Latin: "to the man"), also known as argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> The ad hominem is a classic logical fallacy,<sup id="cite_ref-one_1-0" class="reference">[2]</sup> but it is not always fallacious; in some instances, questions of personal conduct, character, motives, etc., are legitimate and relevant to the issue.

Not exactly what I'm doing, but I'll own it a little. People here do it all the time, though. People advocating Billy Meier or Stephen Greer are often ridiculed here, and are accused of, in dB's immortal words, "poisoning the well." If you'll just give me a list of those people who can't be questioned here, I'll see what I can do to comply.

Back