• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker: December 29, 2013

and Enzo was so passionate regarding his "breakaway civilization" -Too bad he didn't mention his two star genius general brothers sooner.
Anyway, political discussion on any forum can be tricky.

No, you got it. Yet, nothing festers like politics. Two bannings in one thread, that says something.

I have been a mod here for quite some time and until the last week or so I have never banned anyone. However if either of those users had attacked another Paracast user in the manner displayed to and at me.. I would have banned them. There was no excuse for resorting to a personal attack, none what so ever. I have always tried to display respect to others and will not tolerate disrespect for no other reason than the person in question did not like something I said. I would not disrespect you .. and I will not allow someone else to disrespect me.

I hope that is clear to all who read this. I have always told anyone who asks, and have repeated on DMR, The Paracast has always been an oasis of polite discourse in a sea of dreck. I see no reason for that to change anytime soon. Do any of you?

Decker

No, you got it. Yet, nothing festers like politics. Two bannings in one thread, that says something.

I don't know, Politics & The Paranormal seem pretty similar to me. Both have the appearence of something they may or may not be. You can't ever figure either out, no matter how hard you try. Ever notice that people tend to be the most passionate when someone doesn't sense fear the way that they do? It's when something doesan't make sense to us, and is at the same time accepted by another as that which makes sense to them, that really gets us going. In other words, people are most concerned with argueing about what they are uncertain of. Ah, the pack animal human, barely out of the cave we are.

and Enzo was so passionate regarding his "breakaway civilization" -Too bad he didn't mention his two star genius general brothers sooner.
Anyway, political discussion on any forum can be tricky.

Well if he was as truthful about his brothers as his "Vietnam" service then I must say I do have my doubts.

Decker

How would Mr. Ecker know the birth year of anyone who posts anonymously on the web if he were not strongly connected to government agencies? I'm not saying he is correct. And even if he is, there might be a good explanation. But how does he think he gets info like that without NSA type of SS connections? He is a hot head and a danger. I think he has connections inside the New World Odor. Makes you wonder. I was in the infantry, PAL.
Excuse me! Mr Ecker is a well respected reasercher. Hot head? danger? hardly! I listened to bolth the paracast and DMR for a long time! If you can not have a civil discussion with out making Outragios comments then please post the outragios comments when you have PROOF to back said comments up. Mr Ecker is NOT a part of the problem he is looking for answers like we all are!

Ya I feel for you :D .

Edit: I had already posted this post, but forgot to hit the reply button on Ufology's post. Duh! So, I deleted my initial post and reposted it here.

Here is my perspective my friend. No matter how "first person" we get, we are still left repeating the information. We know (as in armchair interested folks like me) that memory contaminates perception. This is honestly a fact and numerous studies over the last few years have indicated as much clearly.

Do you want to know something from the inner most part of me, in the sincerest manner that I could possibly convey the information to you? Here it is based on personal experience. I have never shared this with anyone prior.

You know about my latest UFO sighting when I was with my elderly Dad in the backyard a few years ago, but I have never shared the experience that I had with a friend here about 20 years ago. Both these stories in and of themselves are good UFO sightings, but there is one aspect that each sighting that I had maintained that I cannot shake. I simply cannot ignore the fact that before both of these sightings, I mean right down to the behavior of the objects that I am referring to, I knew of these objects.

The latest sighting was of the large white cigars with the black band around the middle that wasn't a black band around the middle at all but rather the manner in which light played on the craft's mid section or what would typically be called the fuselage.

The sighting from 20 or so years ago was astounding. It lasted a good 20 minutes and was truly one of the most bizarre things I have ever witnessed. But here's the thing, before having this sighting experience with this friend, who did in fact report the sighting and found out others had also phoned a local airport asking about something strange they had seen, do you remember all the tons of UFO videos that got released back in the late 80s/early 90s? There were a series of UFO videos out of Mexico. One was called something like Masters of The Stars in which a UFO was filmed by multiple witnesses splitting apart and becoming several independent craft or whatever. I saw this EXACT process in person. I cannot begin to explain this sighting rationally, but I can tell you one thing, during the time of this activity, I have never experienced the kind of quiet that came over everything during the entirety of the event that I watched. I mean the frigging crickets stopped chirping, no dogs barked, absolutely no ambient noise, nothing. Like an envelope of silence had been placed over my friend and I. I went inside, tried to wake up my wife off the couch, came back out and watched for another ten minutes as these things did the most bizarre maneuvers imaginable.

I have never claimed that either represented alien craft, but they sure as heck were UFOs. In the first instance, it was Roger Marsh's reporting that clued me in to what was going on in surrounding Michigan skys. In other words I had been consciously impressioned by his information prior to my sighting. With the later, you know as I already stated, I consciously knew of it as well. Yet, in both cases, an independent witness with me at the time saw the same thing.

The thing with first person testimony, sadly, no one can escape their memory. That's why I know that this stuff we call reality is really where it's at with respect to all of Forteana. Not just UFOs. The interplay is what is most fascinating to me. UFOs as an integral part of the human condition.

I have never experienced the kind of quiet that came over everything during the entirety of the event that I watched. I mean the frigging crickets stopped chirping, no dogs barked, absolutely no ambient noise, nothing. Like an envelope of silence had been placed over my friend and I.

Thanks for sharing this.

This zone of eerie silence is so very classic in the UFO literature. It's one of the aspects of the phenomenon that makes me wonder if witnesses to events are physically and/or psychically within classic space-time during their experience.

Thanks for sharing this.

This zone of eerie silence is so very classic in the UFO literature. It's one of the aspects of the phenomenon that makes me wonder if witnesses to events are physically and/or psychically within classic space-time during their experience.
Yeah, it's my favourite aspect as well - or as described by some, as if reality had been turned off - like a switch, no sound, just silence, and then slowly things come back on line, as if god took her hand off the pause button and let the waterfall of reality flow unimpeded.

Loved the story @Jeff Davis - i would like to hear more details about the "process" of these pieces flying apart. Did they all move in synch after this or move around independently of each other, or was it more of a straight trajectory? From what you describe with all these bizarre maneuvers - it seemed like they travelled about in the sky quite a while and in independent fashion. Can you describe two pieces for me: what did the original and then smaller objects look like and how did the event conclude. I'd ask more but if you could share more that would be great. Thanks for posting this detailed piece - it should be in the "my experiences" section as it sounds like a classic!

I have never claimed that either represented alien craft, but they sure as heck were UFOs.

I liked your post. But if you figure the object you saw could have been something natural ( animal, hallucination, weather effect ), or some kind of aircraft or missile made within our global civilization by some government, military or private manufacturer, then it's not a UFO. If, given what you observed, you don't think any of those things provides a reasonable explanation, then all you're left with is something alien. If you're not sure, then it also wasn't a UFO because official UFO reporting procedures made every possible effort to sift out reports where the witness wasn't sure it wasn't a so called flying saucer or something equally alien. Unsure reports went into the "possible aircraft" or "possible astronomical" or other "possible" pile. Unlike the sighting I had in 1975, you don't sound so sure that what you saw was alien. Or maybe you are, but you still can't admit it to yourself yet. That happens. Some people stay in denial for a long time. But in reality, you only have four basic choices; natural, manmade, unsure, or alien. Which one was it? Are you really sure you're so unsure?

Last edited:
Well if he was as truthful about his brothers as his "Vietnam" service then I must say I do have my doubts.

Decker
That's what I was getting at. I would never have entertained his posts early on- had he thrown out the top secret clearance general brother card. Maybe he was being genuine with some of those posts, hard to tell now.

I think you must realize that Powell now regrets making that Iraq presentation. Haven't you seen his recent interviews?

But don't take my word for it:

Colin Powell regrets U.N. speech justifying the Iraq invasion | The Raw Story

The fact is that the intelligence was shaky at best. Yes, Saddam had WMD back during the first Gulf war. But it's also true that Bush/Cheney would have used any excuse to attack Iraq. Yeah, mission accomplished! That country is a mess, and if the U.S. stayed there 100 years nothing would have happened except for the deaths of more brave soldiers. It was all a huge waste of resources, not to mention the casualties on all sides.
Gene that is great news about Powell regretting! Did he offer to go to jail for his crimes?

Well Don, I can´t offer you an audio clip of your statement in question, since I´m right now configuring a new PC and don´t have that capability for the moment. I would suggest that you download the current show and listen once again to your statement. Then, as Gene suggests, re-read my posting and Gene´s follow-up comments. It´s all there.

It´s not a question of being right, but of being correct. Your statement is incorrect. That´s all there is. I would add that only a matter of a few months ago, Tony Blair said in a BBC interview that he regretted his decision to support GW Bush in the War, and intimated that he had been duped. He also admitted that he ignored some of his own UK intelligence information and that of the French that contradicted Bush´s claims. Since then, the British Parliament has learned its lesson, and refused to support a military intervention in Syria, even though (and nota bene) the French and UK intelligence services had proof of chemical weapons in Syria. UK parliamentarians said that the reason for their unwillingness to support such an action was the bad experience of the Bush War in Iraq.

It´s pretty well historical textbook by now that the "Bush War" was engineered by the power behind the throne, Dick (Satan incarnate) Chaney, to benefit his own business interests and those of his Texas cronnies. This is not even controversial any more. The only people refuting this, and in denial of it, are the US far Right.

At the time of the 2nd Iraq War, I was on the story daily as a broadcast journalist at Swiss Radio International, and I did so in 4 languages, working from original news sources and our own correspondents. The mic I spoke into daily was connected to a network of shortwave radio transmitters with a power of about 5 megawatts. When I spoke, I knew the world was listening - literally. I had to be *very* sure that what I said was accurate, and there was no room for "shooting from the hip". Unfortunately, the Internet and "do it yourself radio" has changed all that. Here, I can only have praise for the journalistic professionalism of The Paracast.

Bob
That is great Bob that Tony Blair admits that he was a dupe and regrets to take the UK to war! Did he offer to go to jail for his crimes?

I don't know, Politics & The Paranormal seem pretty similar to me. Both have the appearence of something they may or may not be. You can't ever figure either out, no matter how hard you try. Ever notice that people tend to be the most passionate when someone doesn't sense fear the way that they do? It's when something doesan't make sense to us, and is at the same time accepted by another as that which makes sense to them, that really gets us going. In other words, people are most concerned with argueing about what they are uncertain of. Ah, the pack animal human, barely out of the cave we are.
"Politics and the paranormal" The "Pheonix Lights" comes to mind- what with the regret the former Govenor now has of making a mockery of the incident. Perhaps he had no choice at the time?

Yeah, it's my favourite aspect as well - or as described by some, as if reality had been turned off - like a switch, no sound, just silence, and then slowly things come back on line, as if god took her hand off the pause button and let the waterfall of reality flow unimpeded.

Loved the story @Jeff Davis - i would like to hear more details about the "process" of these pieces flying apart. Did they all move in synch after this or move around independently of each other, or was it more of a straight trajectory? From what you describe with all these bizarre maneuvers - it seemed like they travelled about in the sky quite a while and in independent fashion. Can you describe two pieces for me: what did the original and then smaller objects look like and how did the event conclude. I'd ask more but if you could share more that would be great. Thanks for posting this detailed piece - it should be in the "my experiences" section as it sounds like a classic!

I didn't mean to capsize this thread. I do apologize to our friend Don about that. I have so much respect for the man and Mrs. Decker that I had to make that clear. I'll take this into the "personal experiences" section of the forum. I only brought it up here because of the first person witness testimony aspect that was being bandied about.

Man, I am THRILLED to expand on this experience. Here is the link to the info you have requested. I will also address Ufology's post in this new thread along with proper quoted passages that I am responding to, etc.
One of The Most Inspiring Events In My Life | The Paracast Community Forums

"Politics and the paranormal" The "Pheonix Lights" comes to mind- what with the regret the former Govenor now has of making a mockery of the incident. Perhaps he had no choice at the time?
Yes, this is a very important point....what are the dynamics that make are leaders to this?

I liked your post. But if you figure the object you saw could have been something natural ( animal, hallucination, weather effect ), or some kind of aircraft or missile made within our global civilization by some government, military or private manufacturer, then it's not a UFO. If, given what you observed, you don't think any of those things provides a reasonable explanation, then all you're left with is something alien. If you're not sure, then it also wasn't a UFO because official UFO reporting procedures made every possible effort to sift out reports where the witness wasn't sure it wasn't a so called flying saucer or something equally alien. Unsure reports went into the "possible aircraft" or "possible astronomical" or other "possible" pile. Unlike the sighting I had in 1975, you don't sound so sure that what you saw was alien. Or maybe you are, but you still can't admit it to yourself yet. That happens. Some people stay in denial for a long time. But in reality, you only have four basic choices; natural, manmade, unsure, or alien. Which one was it? Are you really sure you're so unsure?

See: One of The Most Inspiring Events In My Life | The Paracast Community Forums

Back