• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker: December 29, 2013

Best show I have heard in some time. Don Ecker is great!

I love the free wheeling nature of the conversations. He, Gene and Chris have very nimble minds. Great smart discussions. So much stuff in the paranormal field just gets rehashed and misappropriated to serve an investigators narrative. These guys do not do that.

just a tidbit for the fascinating archaeology discussions.
Fermi Paradox, Great Filters and Super Volcanoes

The nextbigfuture blog is a must read!

Again a great show!

I concur with the other guys, it was a great way to finish 2013 but I thought that Chris provided the most entertaining listening of the year about 50 minutes in when he started to opine on the state of fortean-ia (?) and probably would have kept on going if Gene hadn't had to pull the soapbox out from under Chris's feet in order to cut to a commercial. And then ...And then....Chris deftly switched gears and signed himself out with a "The Paracast ???" Well done Chris, well done indeed.

Also enjoyed Don's telling on his back yard experiment...along with John Bradenberg... of microwaving a chunk of sod and achieving the same effect seen in some Crop circles but I don't feel that could POSSIBLY provide a answer because there is no place to plug in the microwaves out on the middle of a farmer's field. :)

Appeared to be some post production gremlins around hour 2 :)

Also @Don on dmr download page in week 50 of this year I noticed you had a show with Chris in which you touched upon your work with human mutilation when was that originally broadcast ?

Last edited:
Also @Don on dmr download page in week 50 of this year I noticed you had a show with Chris in which you touched upon your work with human mutilation when was that originally broadcast ?

Chris was on about 2 years ago. I have invited him back a number of times but he never seems available.

Decker

Once bitten, twice shy. But at Gene's request I'm posting this:

Speaking in a strong voice doesn't guarantee that the message is accurate. Don´s claim regarding the position of US-friendly governments on the issue of weapons of mass destruction prior to the (2nd) Iraq War is inaccurate.

These are the facts: The French government insisted repeatedly and officially that there were no such weapons in Iraq, as did the Swiss and the Germans, as well as others even closer to the Iraqis. This was all known in diplomatic circles, and was widely reported here in Europe.

Interestingly - and significantly - Israel was conspicuously supportive of Bush. But that's another story.

I, personally, was a guest lecturer in Political Science at a major New Jersey college, where I served as an adjunct professor, just one week before the start of the War. I recall very well the swell of anti-French sentiment over the issue at the time, including demonstrations and boycotts of French products in the US. The big right-wing radio stations in New York were actually collecting signatures against the French position to present to the French Consulate. Remember how French Fries were renamed by the rednecks as "Freedom Fries"? Just one example.

I supported and explained the European position during my college lecture, but was practically booed off the stage. Even the full professor came to me later to ask if I really believed what I was saying in support of the European position.

The French and other Europeans were very well informed about Iraq, and realized the folly of the Bush claims. The French, as America´s second closest allay after the UK, were delegated by Europe to convey European concerns about the Bush position. They did. The rest is (unfortunate) history.

Sorry Don, but your memory or rendition of this is way off. I hope you're more accurate in other of your claims.

Bob
www.switzerlandinsound.com

Last edited:
I agree with Gene that Roger Stone (political insider and friend of Richard Nixon) be invited to The Paracast. He's not the first to finger LBJ for the Kennedy murder but he's one of the best. His interview with John B. Wells on C2C was impressive.

One small and recurring problem: Potential guests with no connection to the "paranormal" world can be put off by the idea of appearing on a show called The Paracast. My intuition tells me this has been an issue before. What to do? Why, the unthinkable, of course. Groupthink must die. Let's change the name of the show to something else. Should we open a thread to take suggested new names? Could it be called Dark Splatters?

mad dog lbj.jpg

I enjoy Don and listening to him, often embarking on long-winded and personal recollections of real people. I LIKE the personal touch, and let's face it the best paranormal radio right now is very frequently in retrospective mode, looking back on the players and issues of once-upon-a-time rather than THE PHENOMENON.

Of course I disagreed with Don on WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRACTION. My own memory is that the US fabricated the intel, Israel supported it, and Tony Blair unsuccessfully tried to foist the fabricationon British intelligence, which wasn't really biting.

The UNDEAD HOAXERS theme was interesting, but I kind of like Sean David Morton. He didn't really do anything all that bad, just dabbled in foreign exchange. He's a likeable fellow living in poverty, but not the kind of mean-drunk poverty of Bill Cooper, whom we could say deserved what he got, to some degree. It's not as if Morton killed anyone, and while he's plugged into some very freaky New Age circles, he's one of the more down-to-earth members of those circles, and calls BS frequently.His book Sands of Time certainly falls into the pseudo-science category, but it's also intriguing and interesting and fun. When Chris decries the lack of methodology, of a method for discerning and weeding out the pseudo-science, well, I think the situation is same as it ever was, buyer beware, there is no score card, charlatans and wise men mix and mingle.

I could be rude and point out Don's blind spot regarding Zechariah Sitchin, whom many would claim has been thoroughly debunked. Has he? I think he could read Egyptian, and dabbled in Shume-Ur-ian, but his material is SPECULATION, not scholarship. With a strong dose of fantasy. Full disclosure: I've never read a Sitchin book, but I've been reading ABOUT his work since 1986, and haven't wanted to read anything by him. SitchinIsWrong.com featured in Ancient Aliens Debunked points out his translations are flights of fantasy and he wasn't CREDENTIALED. The credentials are the least of it, for me, it's that he made stuff up and tried to pass it off as scholarship, whether amateur or academic it doesn't matter at all to me. His thing about Anunnaki creating human drones to mine gold for Nibiru's failing atmosphere sort of strikes me as a continuation of the Bender MIB fantasy and his trip to Antarctica.

Still, neither Don nor George Ignoree nor Art Bell nor Ancient Aliens are willing to take a second, even slightly critical look at Sitchin's nonsense. Ancient Aliens seems to be a show by MORONS featuring MORONS for MORONS. Not that I'm being judgmental, morons have their place in the universe, especially slightly interesting morons seeking to enhance their UFO fantasies. William Henry and Rob Simone and George Noory clearly fit that category. Art Bell ISN'T a moron, but flirts with the moronic to further his own goals.

There comes a point where one has to start considering the idea of cultural theft when it comes to all the usurpations of Sumeria, Akkadia, Babylon etc. Robert Bauval recently gave an interesting talk on Red Ice Radio about his arch-nemesis's accusations he was behind the theft of the only cartouche in the Great Pyramid. Interestingly to me the accusations included naming the Catholic Egyptian-born French-Belgian Bauval as a Jew, which was the main charge against him in Egypt, not that he put two Germans up to stealing anything. People such as Sitchin and "Simon" (Peter Levenda) have been perfectly willing to rape, pillage and mine the inheritance of Mesopotamia to fashion haphazard and flimsy new religious myths. It's not much above grave-robbing, if you ask me, and Moseley was perhaps a more honest practitioner of that dark art.

I thought the talk about Art Bell was all pretty much on-target and agreed with almost all of it. The stuff about Don being verbally attacked by the Striebers was hilarious to me, and he went through almost the same thing with Steven Greer for almost the same reason, as I recall: the proponents of the Peaceful Space Brothers can't stand a second opinion, it ofeends their RELIGIOUS sensibilities.

I've enjoyed the last several paracasts VERY MUCH, especially the crop circle hoaxter, but also the Gators fan and Don Ecker. I listen to Don's the ORIGINAL DARK MATTERS (accept no substitutes) as much as possible, even the re-runs. I especially liked the episode he recently re-ran with Walter Bosley and his Friends from Sonorra updated edition. Except I think half of what Bosley says is wrong, wrong-headed, and built upon speculation and the occlusions time casts over history. I'd like to see Bosley come and get a critical treatment by guests who know their stuff, I think it would help him and make for interesting radio. He's so obviously onto SOMETHING, but winds up chasing his tail a lot.

I know Don ends up not getting emails back quite a lot, and I'm not sure whether the problem is on his end or is interference or just down to the general apathetic malaise affecting the world these days, but I can act as a bridge here and inform him and whomever might be interested, that Art Bell RESPONDED to Sean David Morton's letter pointing out Art had stolen the name of Don Ecker's program. Art's one-line reply was, His show is called Dark Matters, mine is Dark MATTER. Then he decided to disinvite Morton onto Dark Matter, make of it what you will. Or perhaps his producer did, but in effect Art did it anyway, in the larger perspective. That was his only comment on the name-theft/borrowing, afaik.

It's great Don and Vicki have been happily married for so long and have kept on keeping on, unlike the slightly wacko couple who took over and buried UFO Magazine, without the dignity of a funeral. Congrtulations, Don and Vicki!

Oh, and that cave cache of too-high tech weapons in Israel reminded me of a story that came and went all too quickly back in the 80s I guess. Maybe late 70s. There was talk of a cave found in East Greenland, with a mysterious source of heat, and talk of a craft in there. Long before Smila's Sense of Snow. I think it was on KUOW FM once, and I read about it in some UFO magazine once, and then it was gone, gone black, debunked, dismissed, gone for whatever reason without explanation.

Barry Chamish is a frequent guest on another Genesis program, Bill Deagle's Nutriceutical Report. He hasn't been talking about the paranormal lately much, more about Zionism and politics and health. Which reminds me, if anyone really wants lower-quality smaller Paracast files, I think GCN.com offers them in low-bit format almost immediately after broadcast.

Thanks to Gene and Chris and Don for yet another extremely interesting show! Happy New Year's!

Chris was on about 2 years ago. I have invited him back a number of times but he never seems available.
I'm available, just really busy with the book and all. I don't have a spare moment for myself—I don't know how I've been able to continue doing the Paracast these past 3 or 4 months. This project has grown into a monster with a life of its own that is slowly chewing me into little pieces with its cud-chewing teeth.

I'm available, just really busy with the book and all. I don't have a spare moment for myself—I don't know how I've been able to continue doing the Paracast these past 3 or 4 months. This project has grown into a monster with a life of its own that is slowly chewing me into little pieces with its cud-chewing teeth.

Just don't let it consume you Chris or you will end up like this poor chap

This project has grown into a monster with a life of its own that is slowly chewing me into little pieces with its cud-chewing teeth.

One could tell, I thought I detected quite a bit of angst from you throughout the show. I hope the soon to be published book isn't having too biG aN impact on your health but I HAVE to say again, I really, really enjoyed your contribution on this episode, YOU out-Biednied Mr. BIEDNY. I Skipped back to the aforementioned sequence a couple of times before I finished listening to the rest of the episode.

Last edited:
Did Doug and Dave actually claim to make all the crop circles? I don't think that was the claim. I believe they claim to have started the fad. You can watch them talk about it in Matthew Williams documentary.

Back