• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker: December 29, 2013

Personally, I've always wondered why the fate of Israel is so central to world politics. Is it rooted entirely in the religious significance or some strategic control point in the fight for planetary resources? I think it is the latter with the motif set by the former with a majority blind to that reality.

I think you meant "if" there mon ami, not "when". Seriously? We'd probably laugh like hell, for starters.
Well, sure, you could do that except the last time we Canucks invaded America on behalf of the motherland I believe we burned down the Whitehouse, got really drunk on our superior alcohol, and laughed all the way home as we canoed back down the St. Lawrence Seaway.
BurningofWashington1814.jpg

Personally, I've always wondered why the fate of Israel is so central to world politics. Is it rooted entirely in the religious significance or some strategic control point in the fight for planetary resources? I think it is the latter with the motif set by the former with a majority blind to that reality.
So then the global sacrifices, because of this long standing mid-east conflict, which for me includes the rise of international terrorism - Al Qaeda etc. have long pointed to this conflict as its reason for mass, indiscriminate killing and terror - all of this gets tied back to oil? I thought what was initially post-war sympathy post-genocide, was what helped to create the state of Israel on top of Palestine, and that over time it just translated ultimately into military power, global influence and all the usual advantages that comes with having allies in unique geo-political regions.

From wikiPland: "Late Republican Senator Jesse Helms used to call Israel "America's aircraft carrier in the Middle East", when explaining why the United States viewed Israel as such a strategic ally, saying that the military foothold in the region offered by the Jewish State alone justified the military aid that the United States grants Israel every year."

The US has given Israel $3 Billion annually, from 1976-2004 - their biggest aid partner. It's definitely a unique relationship and a costly one in more ways than can be calculated.

Are religious states historically positive, more violent, or more likely to find themselves involved in violent conflict? It seems to me, that whether it's a motif masquerading or not, the impact of religious states on the world is something worth talking about as Flipper is saying through these videos. Anyone know what are the stats regarding violence, personal freedom, equity and human rights in secular vs. non-secular states?

Well, sure, you could do that except the last time we Canucks invaded America on behalf of the motherland I believe we burned down the Whitehouse, got really drunk on our superior alcohol, and laughed all the way home as we canoed back down the St. Lawrence Seaway.

Caption reads: BRITISH capture Washington. Not, as you put it, Canucks.
(Their diet: Tea and crumpets. Our diet: Raw squirrel meat and whiskey.)

I believe Andy Jackson spanked your collective crumpet monkey running dogs at New Orleans not long after.

Besides - we had Batman. (All of the preceding in good fun, of course!) ;-)

This is not meant for Don. Just a few thoughts on Israel, Canada and Apartheid.
Canada invented apartheid. South Africa and Israel adapted it to their own countries.
Canada is Israel's most devout friend. It is only important for its resources.
On the question of Palestinian aggression. Who is the aggressor? Is it the side with drones, jets, tanks and A bombs or is the side with home made rockets and rocks?
The Long History of Zionism in Canada | Global Research

I think the answer to the question about violence, intolerance, and human right violations in secular vs. non-secular states can be easily answered by looking to the Middle East. Here in the states we have a split personality. On one hand we are supposed to have a separation of church and state, but if you read
The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power you get a different perspective. Ahhh, it's all an excuse to get over on the other guy.

BurningofWashington1814.jpg
Another trip down would be good about now. Beware the scallywags are deeply entrenched.

Back