• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Don Ecker: December 29, 2013

Doug and Dave created all the crop circles in the uk our strong locally produced cider known as "scrumpy" helped power them through the long nights when they reversed engineered a space ship and did the thousands of circles. They where going to get the Phoenix mayor to come on in an ET suit and say it was Doug and Dave in warthogs doing the circles by flare light. DISINFORMATION ridiculing the subject

Two old guys from the southwest didn't do all the circles, some of the circles the crops where exposed to high temperatures. Intricate shapes , no prints leading in or out the crops so on

As for not appearing on DMR because the book has taken over your soul. From a business point of view it would make sense to take the time to appear on DMR. You put all the effort in writing of book but have not done the PR get your book buyers hungry. plus as a keen listener it's what I want to hear

Great to hear don on the paracast

As for not appearing on DMR because the book has taken over your soul. From a business point of view it would make sense to take the time to appear on DMR. You put all the effort in writing of book but have not done the PR get your book buyers hungry. plus as a keen listener it's what I want to hear
The book has NOT taken over my soul—only my time has been taken over and maybe some of my patience. OF COURSE I will appear on DM again. Plus C2C, Rense, Binnall, Pippin, etc etc I've been on DM numerous times and plan to be on many more times if Don'll have me. I was hoping to make my next appearance as the book was being released. Makes more sense from a marketing POV to push a book that is out and available, but I should be able to free a late evening up in the next couple of weeks to pay a return visit to DM for all those mute fanz that can't wait any longer. :D

What is the most interesting to me about Dark Matters is the political tetherball between Don and Richard Serradet. Don is sort of a kill-em-all Reagan guy while Don is a liberal who points out we are living in a fascist regime. Slowly but surely, Don is being put in a position to see that Richard is right about that.

Don lives too much in the past. We know that crop circles are fake - they are not the result of microwave weapons.

Also, he makes many of the Tim Good mistakes accepting 'hearsay' when he should not. For example, he will quote Ingo Swan on objects on the moon. That doesn't prove shit for heaven's sake! He will accept what pilots say - like the X15 pilot from the last show - who see 'UFO' objects around them. That is also a bad mistake - to simply take the word of someone as fact! These second-hand stories are often elaborated, exaggerated or just plain wrong.

I have a friend here in Seattle who is as sane as jack hammer. He recently told some of us that he suffered a couple days of the most bizarre Beatle-esq hallucinations. Why? He had heart trouble. It is also very normal for people deprived of sleep for no more than a couple days to have extraordinary hallucinations. So, it is problematic to simply accept the word of folks - no matter what their job title or reputation is.

Ecker also tends to side with right-wing militants. But if you start to question the direction of the SS (Surveilence State), it is a little inconsistent to wave a flag and pack your rifle every time that same State wants to rub someone out. You have to question these things. You have to WISE UP.

Finally, I'm wondering if Don is hard of hearing or has voice modulation problems like Will Ferrell. He should get a VU meter for his podcast and watch for all the blinking red lights. That will tell him his listeners are in pain. Every time a red light flashes, that is one more person who feels like they've been stabbed in the ear.

Regarding the WMD's, the Germans produced invoices of the sale of mobile weapons labs sold to Iraq, and there was that convoy into Syria that was allowed to move unmolested right before hostilities began. The Bush crowd, I believe, was going into Iraq regardless and threw anything and everything on the wall hoping some would stick-it was poorly argued in my opinion, and damaged badly by the 'yellow cake' claim and its tawdry aftermath. As a test, the DOD tried to locate an F86 Sabre that a crew from MIT buried in the desert to test satellites' ability to locate it under the desert sands-it has yet to be found. The Iraq desk at the pentagon was compromised, as the now-retired Colonel in charge of the Iraq desk told the press, by a suit installed by the WH to 'oversee and review' the conclusions before it was sent to the NSC-a perfect place to tailor intel to support WH plans, while offering 'plausible deniability' to the WH. The fog was so thick, it still hasn't lifted, and it's irrelevent at this point isn't it? So, we have to choose who's intel we are willing to trust. It seems that every administration since I was born has lied to support its actions, with mixed results(i.e..the U-2, Bay of Pigs, VietNam, Iran/Contra, the blue dress, yellow-cake, to name a few). The bigger lesson for me is that lies weaken our moral arguments, weaken our solidarity and encourage more lies. This basic truth remains. Lies usually have short term goals and long term effects that we all have to live with, while the liars later write books with big money guarantees...

Well, yeah, you really need to be able to actually sell the book...

Having a book listed on Amazon but not ever actually writing it, let along getting it ready for publication seems to be the business model of one of Don's favorite comedians. :eek:

Seriously, I'm very much looking forward to the book. Is it the first one to deal exclusively with the mute phenomenon? That's a big deal, right there.

Is it the first one to deal exclusively with the mute phenomenon? That's a big deal, right there.
No. Kagan & Summers wrote Mute Evidence in 1983 that was a stinging dismissal of the mystery. They got an $80 THOUSAND $ advance and the pocket-sized paperback may have sold 4 or 5,000 copies. The rest were pulped. It is a hard book to find today. In STH I point out the obvious errors in their logic saying that ALL mutilations were and are mundane.

In 1989 Linda Howe self-published An Alien Harvest. Again, there was a single, narrow proposed 1-size-fits-all answer, but this time it was ETs as sole perpetrators of mutes. It was a $55 coffee-table-style book with full-color ghastly photos of mutilated livestock. In STH, I point out the obvious flaws in LMHs logic as well as the debunkers' naiveté and the role of ufology in promoting an occult-based simplistic explanation, etc etc. Since 1989 no other serious books have been written on the subject of mutilations (to my knowledge).

My book is more in-depth, sociological and culturally-based. STH looks at humankind's ancient sacred relationship with cattle that has been degraded today; the health and environmental issues with cattle and how our ancient connection with bovines appears to be involved in the manifestation of the cattle mutilation mystery. I also include an exhaustive week by week, month by month case history of known reports. I combined almost a dozen sources into a timeline that also looks at half-cats, horse-slashers, seal mutilations, dolphins, elk, deer, bison, etc. It's FAR more complicated than anyone has suspected and (at the least) I hope the book will educate people about the 1.37 billion cattle currently impacting our modern world and put the mute mystery into a full-range, unbiased perspective.

What is the most interesting to me about Dark Matters is the political tetherball between Don and Richard Serradet. Don is sort of a kill-em-all Reagan guy while Don is a liberal who points out we are living in a fascist regime. Slowly but surely, Don is being put in a position to see that Richard is right about that.

Don lives too much in the past. We know that crop circles are fake - they are not the result of microwave weapons.

Excuse me? A "kill-em all Reagan guy? What's the color of the sky on the planet you live on Enzo? You trolling or trying to bait me Enzo? The fact of the matter is Bud, you don't know shit from Shinola about me. At this point, be damn glad that I'm not the previous mod, David Biedny. You would already be history ... ya feel me? Oh, one more thing ... that is spelled Sarradet. Do a little research before you spout your mouth off, 'kay?

Also, he makes many of the Tim Good mistakes accepting 'hearsay' when he should not. For example, he will quote Ingo Swan on objects on the moon. That doesn't prove shit for heaven's sake! He will accept what pilots say - like the X15 pilot from the last show - who see 'UFO' objects around them. That is also a bad mistake - to simply take the word of someone as fact! These second-hand stories are often elaborated, exaggerated or just plain wrong.

You know ... Pal, I was simply relating what I was told at that time. I was there Sport and I didn't see your ass there. The X-15 thing is famous and it has been around for many many years. If you perhaps did a little reading and less time playing with your ears you may have picked that up.

Ecker also tends to side with right-wing militants. But if you start to question the direction of the SS (Surveilence State), it is a little inconsistent to wave a flag and pack your rifle every time that same State wants to rub someone out. You have to question these things. You have to WISE UP.

Finally, I'm wondering if Don is hard of hearing or has voice modulation problems like Will Ferrell. He should get a VU meter for his podcast and watch for all the blinking red lights. That will tell him his listeners are in pain. Every time a red light flashes, that is one more person who feels like they've been stabbed in the ear.

So, you think I tend to side with right-wing militants do ya? Well Bud, you are simply full of shit, kay? I may be slow and live in the past but I know a shit stirrer that is out trolling, okay? You don't like me? Fine, you got taken off my Christmas card list Enzo. This is my one warning. Like I said, Biedny would have already bounced you ... and one more attack and you will be saying Goodnight Irene cause I will toss you outta here. I do hope I am clear on that one.

Decker

Once bitten, twice shy. But at Gene's request I'm posting this:

Speaking in a strong voice doesn't guarantee that the message is accurate. Don´s claim regarding the position of US-friendly governments on the issue of weapons of mass destruction prior to the (2nd) Iraq War is inaccurate.

Well thanks Bob, I made notes. Now, lets go back to Sec. of State Colin Powell and his UN presentation. I kinda recall that ... of course I am advancing in age and who knows? Maybe I simply imagined his presentation. However I do recall when Saddam gassed the Kurds ... and say Bob? That kinda means he had WMD at one time, right?

As Rich Sarradet pointed out down this thread ... there were some truck convoys running into Syria that American Special Forces later speculated might have carried Saddam's gas and other goodies outta Dodge before American troops went in ... right? Lets see Bob ... I also seem to recall a Israeli air strike ... oh gee ... I am scratching my head ... OY VE!! In 1981 to take out a nuclear facility. Yup, I am pretty sure Bob that I got that one right, right?

You suggesting that I make shit up there Bob? Hmm??

Decker

Interesting stuff, Chris. Thanks for the info. I guess I had heard about those two books, but had forgotten. Never saw either one of them. Doesn't seem like they had much of an effect on the study of the subject. It's another field that defies simple answers and tidy categorization. If we pay attention, we might learn that reality is as big and messy as it is fun and challenging.

I've been spending a lot of time in the Valley, building a cabin (I high-tailed it out of there just before the mercury dropped below zero!) and have learned a lot about the local history. The Baca as a working cattle ranch 100 years ago was quite the place. Sort of a cattleman's dream, it seems. I've also gotten to know some of the locals. Crestonia is a unique place. ;)

Here is a really good guide book I found at the teeny-tiny bookstore there, for anyone interested in the area.

Crestone: Gateway to the Higher Realms: James McCalpin: 9780983538202: Amazon.com: Books

I think you must realize that Powell now regrets making that Iraq presentation. Haven't you seen his recent interviews?

But don't take my word for it:

Colin Powell regrets U.N. speech justifying the Iraq invasion | The Raw Story

The fact is that the intelligence was shaky at best. Yes, Saddam had WMD back during the first Gulf war. But it's also true that Bush/Cheney would have used any excuse to attack Iraq. Yeah, mission accomplished! That country is a mess, and if the U.S. stayed there 100 years nothing would have happened except for the deaths of more brave soldiers. It was all a huge waste of resources, not to mention the casualties on all sides.

I think you must realize that Powell now regrets making that Iraq presentation. Haven't you seen his recent interviews?

But don't take my word for it:

Colin Powell regrets U.N. speech justifying the Iraq invasion | The Raw Story

The fact is that the intelligence was shaky at best. Yes, Saddam had WMD back during the first Gulf war. But it's also true that Bush/Cheney would have used any excuse to attack Iraq. Yeah, mission accomplished! That country is a mess, and if the U.S. stayed there 100 years nothing would have happened except for the deaths of more brave soldiers. It was all a huge waste of resources, not to mention the casualties on all sides.

Damn it Gene! I am not talking about FRICKEN' NOW! I am talking about FRICKEN THEN! Hindsight Buddy ... is fucking 20/20. We didn't KNOW THEN, now we do. Hope that is clear now, okay? And all you guys seem to forget that SADDAM attempted to murder a former President of the United States. Granted Gene, it was a Bush, George Bush Senior ... but still ... a former President ... and if for NO OTHER REASON, I woulda been fine with taking that guy out.

Decker

DON, when American forces 'speculate' something, that does not make it a fact. You seem very anxious and eager to accept propaganda from the Bush regime. All the European inspection people found NO evidence of any sort of a WMD program in Iraq and this is well documented. Still, you do not believe. Did you not vote for Reagan? I am simply saying that you identify YOURSELF as conservative (conned-servant-ive). Raygun is sort of known as a gun-toting cowboy type, so the 'kill-em-all' is a little tongue-in-cheek among us more left-leaning (you might say 'Commie') types.

You don't like my objections to your thinking so you seek to ban me. You threaten me for having the nerve to question you. Very right-wing of you. We liberals like debate. We have thinker skin. We are adults who can deal with opposition. It is fascists who want to end all debate and ban and dispel 'misfits.'

You may not like my use of the word 'militant' when I speak of the right wing, but that is what they are to me AND your friend Richard Serradet, I would bet. I like Richard. We are a lot alike.

You know ... Pal, I was simply relating what I was told at that time. I was there Sport and I didn't see your ass there. The X-15 thing is famous and it has been around for many many years. If you perhaps did a little reading and less time playing with your ears you may have picked that up.

First of all, if I am you PAL, why do you threaten me? And what do you mean "I was there SPORT?" You were where? On the moon? At Ingo's house? On the X-15? I don't get it.

"The X-15 thing is FAMOUS and it has been around for many many years."

How does the story being FAMOUS make it true? How does one man's statement of what he thought he saw make it TRUE? Again, why is the fact that it is FAMOUS make it more true? I don't get it.

No, I'm not a troll. I just says it likes I sees it. If I let people just say whatever nonsense they wanted to say I would be Art Bell. This is not the Art Bell show.

edit: Good lord, I just read your signature. I didn't see that before.

Last edited:
DON, when American forces 'speculate' something, that does not make it a fact. You seem very anxious and eager to accept propaganda from the Bush regime. All the European inspection people found NO evidence of any sort of a WMD program in Iraq and this is well documented. Still, you do not believe. Did you not vote for Reagan? I am simply saying that you identify YOURSELF as conservative (conned-servant-ive). Raygun is sort of known as a gun-toting cowboy type, so the 'kill-em-all' is a little tongue-in-cheek among us more left-leaning (you might say 'Commie') types.

You don't like my objections to your thinking so you seek to ban me. You threaten me for having the nerve to question you. Very right-wing of you. We liberals like debate. We have thinker skin. We are adults who can deal with opposition. It is fascists who want to end all debate and ban and dispel 'misfits.'

You may not like my use of the word 'militant' when I speak of the right wing, but that is what they are to me AND your friend Richard Serradet, I would bet. I like Richard. We are a lot alike.

First of all, if I am you PAL, why do you threaten me? And what do you mean "I was there SPORT?" You were where? On the moon? At Ingo's house? On the X-15? I don't get it.

"The X-15 thing is FAMOUS and it has been around for many many years."

How does the story being FAMOUS make it true? How does one man's statement of what he thought he saw make it TRUE? Again, why is the fact that it is FAMOUS make it more true? I don't get it.

No, I'm not a troll. I just says it likes I sees it. If I let people just say whatever nonsense they wanted to say I would be Art Bell. This is not the Art Bell show.

edit: Good lord, I just read your signature. I didn't see that before.

194262d1316733006-flame-war-internet-image.jpg

Great show. Don's story about a UFO shot down in Vietnam was interesting. I agree that not a lot has been done by the ufology community in years, but I think he might have recognized the effort Richard Dolan has made with his books and his new publishing company. Don's comments on MUFON were spot on. Not so sure I'm as big a fan of Ingo Swann as he is though. It was also interesting to hear that some other people had also theorized about the possibility that some crop circles may be made by military DEWs.

I have to agree with the comments made about Tim Good, but I'm also reading his latest book and once again, I'm finding that most of what is written is clearly in the context of events that were reported to him or found in some archive. I'm also not so sure that it's fair to say that compiling a collection of such material isn't worthy of some recognition. After all, what are we supposed to do; walk into Space Command and say hand over the evidence? So far, in his new book, Good says he's personally convinced that aliens are among us, and I think he may be right. The difference between Good and I on this issue is that while Tim believes it, I'm reserved about it, but don't find it unreasonable. Those two positions aren't all that far apart. After all, if it's not unreasonable to think it's true, why shouldn't we believe it? It's a pretty thin line.

Back