• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DeLonge's "disclosure"

I was about to say "when the hell did I post that, years ago?" Yeah, definitely a big security hole.

In the meantime, please don't say anything that will get me banned.

As soon as I realized I wasn’t logged in correctly (after I posted), I logged out and logged back in, successfuly, as myself. Normally, I have the “keep me signed in” box checked so when I visit the forums I don’t have to sign in every time. That’s why I didn’t notice right away that I wasn’t logged in correctly. Sorry about that!

I blame @Gene Steinberg... and Trump. No, wait, sorry, I meant Obama. Thanks, Obama!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I see a few possibilities. Either he's being used as a useful idiot to spin perception management, or the way he spins things is not how it happened, i.e. he's the nerdy guy tugging on the sleeves of people and they humored him.

What I also see are some retirees looking at an opportunity to pad their retirements by going along in this goofy venture. But who knows? I can't help but look askance at the whole thing. DeLonge himself displays a squirrely demeanor that tells me he knows he's skating on a very thin ice where credibility is concerned. He refuses to answer direct questions, always tells people to 'read the book', as if he can't even recall what is in the book. That could be because he didn't write a word of it. Then he's also posting questionable videos claiming their authenticity. It looks to me like the whole thing is on the verge of collapsing into an embarrassment before it gets started -- and yet people have already thrown a bunch of money their direction. Is his demeanor because he is actually being used/handled and he doesn't know what their next move is? I don't know. And that's the problem I have is there is so much to question about his whole thing that it's not a good starting point.

When it's that messy, something's wrong.

As soon as I realized I wasn’t logged in correctly (after I posted), I logged out and logged back in, successfuly, as myself. Normally, I have the “keep me signed in” box checked so when I visit the forums I don’t have to sign in every time. That’s why I didn’t notice right away that I wasn’t logged in correctly. Sorry about that!

I blame @Gene Steinberg... and Trump. No, wait, sorry, I meant Obama. Thanks, Obama!

If Trump said "Good morning! What a beautiful blue sky we have today!" - the headlines in my Google news feed would say "Fact Checking Trump; he claims our skies are blue - are they??" and "It wasn't morning back in the east coast, so technically Trump is wrong....AGAIN"

Whatever - I guess I have the next 7 years of hearing everything about him criticized. Even how his wife & kid is dressed. Pathetic.

If Trump said "Good morning! What a beautiful blue sky we have today!" - the headlines in my Google news feed would say "Fact Checking Trump; he claims our skies are blue - are they??" and "It wasn't morning back in the east coast, so technically Trump is wrong....AGAIN"

Whatever - I guess I have the next 7 years of hearing everything about him criticized. Even how his wife & kid is dressed. Pathetic.
You assume he'll be reelected, or even run for a second term.

More to the point, do you remember how nearly everything Obama did was criticized, and how his wife and kids were demonized over and over again by the conservative media?

There appears to be a caching issue at the server that we are looking into. It's not necessarily security related, although I'm about to install a handful of security updates.

They've raised how much Walter? Over a half a million$$$? Suckazzz!

Dude. Try $1.5 MILLION, to-date, in just under a month. If their numbers are to be believed.

I just took this screenshot from their website (11/6/17)...
d5c0a5728f0b411dce489062bb593963.jpg

Dude. Try $1.5 MILLION, to-date, in just under a month. If their numbers are to be believed.

It excludes Canada because he knows that we're far too smart to fall for this kind of crap. Except for Paul Hellyer, of course. But there's always the exception that proves the rule. ;)

There appears to be a caching issue at the server that we are looking into. It's not necessarily security related, although I'm about to install a handful of security updates.

All due respect Gene, I understand the intention of your reply, but if I, or anyone else, are unwittingly and randomly signed in to someone else’s account, it’s absolutely “security” related, from the individual’s “sanctity of information” standpoint. It’s irrelevant the back-end “technical” reasons for the issue.

Let's just be glad that it's only the guy from Blink 182 that is involved. We should be lucky none of the guys from Slipknot are doing the same thing. It would be pretty hard to take them seriously about UFO's when looking like this....

rs-101761-2000_fehn.jpg

All due respect Gene, I understand the intention of your reply, but if I, or anyone else, are unwittingly and randomly signed in to someone else’s account, it’s absolutely “security” related, from the individual’s “sanctity of information” standpoint. It’s irrelevant the back-end “technical” reasons for the issue.
Understood. We are looking into it.

It excludes Canada because he knows that we're far too smart to fall for this kind of crap. Except for Paul Hellyer, of course. But there's always the exception that proves the rule. ;)

That and the Canadian dollar is worth just above Monopoly money... [emoji12]

I just installed two updates to our forum that may address the login caching problem. If it happens again, open a private conversation with me and we'll see what's going on. Fortunately, it appears to be quite a rare thing, but it should never happen. And I'll make sure it doesn't.

Looks like the big money is starting to roll in. Tom is going viral, or at least exponential.

I just looked at the website this evening, I assume just 24 hours after your screen shot.

Given your numbers: 1,679 investors have ponied up $1,550,213.
That’s an average of $923 per investor.

Tonight, (11/7/17) I checked and there are 1717 investors who have raised a total of $1,944,909.
That’s an average of $1,132 per investor.

That means that in the space of one day, 38 new investors came onboard and invested a total of
$389,696 which comes to an average investment today of $10,255.

Are we in Bernie Madoff territory yet?

Back