• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure you are. It's just that the fruit is so plentiful it's impossible not to ;)

When I think of how much in ruins Trump must be on the inside, I sort of pity the guy. Setting all judgement aside for a brief moment, can you imagine how completely disillusioned he must feel with his view of himself and his country. Add all the pressure of the office, and it's a burden I wouldn't wish on anyone right now. I wonder if perhaps we'll see some transformation in him. The job is certainly the kind that could do that to someone. I can't see how anyone could go through it unchanged.
We've been waiting for a transformation of Trump for three-and-a-half years. He's only grown worse.

The price of Trump’s inaction for weeks:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. On March First ( the second date referred to in the article above ) there were 100 confirmed cases in the USA (SOURCE). So The President was supposed to think it was reasonable to compromise the lives of 328 million people because 100 people were sick? Plus the modellers haven't worked out all the other variables over the long term. An entirely different strategy may have saved more lives now and later. The lions share of the blame belongs to China, not your President ( no matter how much we don't like him ).

Last edited:
Trump knew in January about the threat. He could have listened to his people who gave him lots of info about it.

Trump knew in January about the threat. He could have listened to his people who gave him lots of info about it.
He should have been listening well before this pandemic ever got started. Virologists have been warning for years that it's not a matter of if, but when, and that the nation was underprepared for a pandemic. For Trump and the nation to have been fully prepared, he would have had to start back in January 2017 when he was first elected, and have had foreknowledge of exactly what was coming. That's a rather tall order. But it would have paid-off. The question is will your government learn its lesson. Trump is already getting set to wind-down the Coronavirus task force. Then what? Will everyone go back to pretending it can't happen again?

Last edited:
TrialSite News’ interview with Tarek Alam, head of medicine department at Bangladesh Medical College, has led to considerable interest in regional hospital protocol-approved, off-label use of ivermectin and the antibiotic Doxycycline in patients diagnosed with mild cases of COVID-19 ...

Watch Ebola and Nazis burnt books and extreme left destroy statues. Civil war will the only ones to benifit. We all lose in the end and de-funding the Police (Canada included) go for it and remove all of it . Then watch the cities burn even more.

Watch Ebola and Nazis burnt books and extreme left destroy statues. Civil war will the only ones to benifit. We all lose in the end and de-funding the Police (Canada included) go for it and remove all of it . Then watch the cities burn even more.
Defunding doesn't mean what you think it does. It does not mean eliminating police protection, just changing the methods and priorities.

The Politicisation of Science and COVID-19
In This Case to Trash The Left

Last edited:
She’s a lunatic racist. Please let’s not give her lies any publicity OK?
I posted it not to give that particular announcer any credibility, but to point out how "science" can be co-opted by politics, whether it be hers or those she is talking about.

Given all the variables so far, what I'm seeing is that scientific opinion is turning everyone into germaphobes and shutting down entire economies, the consequences of which may very well be worse than the disease itself, and in retrospect should make us question how much power such technocrats should have to impose their tunnel vision worldviews on the rest of us.

Laura Ingraham:

Now as to protecting oneself, I think there should have been a national and consistent U.S. policy, which there wasn't because of the refusal of the White House to take it seriously early enough.

I live in one of the states with the highest rising infection and death rates. Basically simple protections, such as wearing masks and, where possible social distancing, would have a lot. And don't forget about washing your hands frequently.

This is not tunnel vision. It's life and death.

This is not tunnel vision.
If your reference to "tunnel vision" is from this post:
Then what you think I mean might be very different from what I actually think. We'd have to establish common ground there before I can tell if your view has any actual relevance to mine. What do you think the point of using the words "tunnel vision" was in my post?
It's life and death.
This is anything but a binary situation. There are lots of shades of gray, the spectrum is wide, and it is anything but uniform. The vast majority of people survive COVID-19, and according to the government here, the risk of mortality closely parallels the risk of simply dying from other causes depending largely on age. So if you weren't germaphobic before, there's really no reason to start now unless you are already in a high-risk category.
Whether the announcer was a racist or made racist remarks in other broadcasts has no bearing on the point I was making. She just happened to be an example. I imagine there are plenty more. There might even be some examples by people you like. Every ideology can use science politically, it's been going on for a long time. At some point people will want their right to make up their own mind back, and I don't blame them.

Last edited:
Professor Michael Lisanti of Salford University highlights the potential application of senolytic drugs in combating COVID-19, including the benefits of doxycycline and azithromycin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back