• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Consciousness Experiments

Consciousness Experiements

Hmm, well.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Exodoc,

Sorry to hear that as well..All the best to you and your family.

Marco

Are you all up for trying this again? Or are you bored and want to move on to something else?
hak

In light of Exo_Doc’s unfortunate family emergency, and the preoccupation (understandably) of a few of the participants , I think it’s going to be somewhat difficult to continue. As for myself, I am going to be leaving the basement soon.
Are you all up for trying this again? Or are you bored and want to move on to something else?
hak

This is David Chalmers, Professor of Philosophy, and the Director of the Centre for Consciousness. This is a short clip were he discusses consciousness.

In light of Exo_Doc’s unfortunate family emergency, and the preoccupation (understandably) of a few of the participants , I think it’s going to be somewhat difficult to continue. As for myself, I am going to be leaving the basement soon.

Hey all you paranormal freakies,.......I just wanted to say thank you for all the concerned posts. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
And despite all the yelling and name calling sometimes, you guys are in my cool book.

So has this para-experiment run it's course, or are we ready to try again?

Sorry guys, i'm like in some form of living hell myself, in case you hadn't noticed my conspicuous absence. But yah.. let's get this dog and pony show on the road.

Sorry guys, i'm like in some form of living hell myself, in case you hadn't noticed my conspicuous absence. But yah.. let's get this dog and pony show on the road.

Hey don't sweat it bro, been rough for me too lately. I'm up for a restart.

What'll it be...lucid dreaming? Remote viewing? Teleportation?

Wow,
I had no idea i was so missed. :cool: I feel so cool.
Okay we vote.. dreams or remote viewing or does anyone have any other tricks they want to try?

OK, I'm guessing we're all for trying remote viewing?

Do we need a lead person to coordinate all this? I mean we need to decide who is going to do it, when to do it, how can or will the data be verified...and so forth.

Any volunteers?

Since we are doing a test of Remote Viewing, I will be using the Ganzfeld experimantal technique;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_experiment

I have a room with a comfy chair that can be darkened. I have several ping pong balls I've cut in half (and sanded the edges because they were very sharp) to place over my eyes, and a blue light to shine in my face (it's just a simple desk lamp with a flexible neck with blue cellophane over the light source-not close enough to melt it).
\From what I've read this set up has produced the best results.

If anyone is interested with why I went with a blue light instead of the classic red I can explain, but it's rather lengthy.

I've actually been thinking of using my Ipod. I have an app that will play a steady rain. It covers background noise and I was wondering if that would be a good method to use.

my consciouness experiment : get your girlfriend to punch you in the sack while your sleeping , if you cry out loud in pain and curl up in a ball and cry while trying to catch your breathe the conclusion is you are conscious and alive. If you do not respond , there is a fair chance you may be dead , the conclusion is your not consious.

This experiment is full proof , i will be happy to demonstrate if i can get some volunteers

Back