• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Budd Hopkins - The Pioneer of Abduction Research by Kay Wilson

Free episodes:

Well at least those explanations are more plausible if unlikely. I'm sure any of those would have been found way before now. It's not like "the rest of us ", as you have described the truly sceptical of us, automatically believe that he must have been abducted by aliens, it's just that we won't accept bullshit, half assed, sweeping pronouncements disguised as an explanation. You will have to do better than that!:)

More unlikely than aliens? We know that mobsters and the military are and have been on Earth. Extraterrestrials? Not so much. Anyway, we're just going to argue in circles here. You can think what you want.

What I don't get is that some of you think that Stan Romanek is full of it but these people aren't. Why is that?

Seriously though, I feel bad for people that devote time to worrying about being abducted by aliens. There are so many more important things in life to think about.

More unlikely than aliens? We know that mobsters and the military are and have been on Earth. Extraterrestrials? Not so much. Anyway, we're just going to argue in circles here. You can think what you want.

What I don't get is that some of you think that Stan Romanek is full of it but these people aren't. Why is that?

Seriously though, I feel bad for people that devote time to worrying about being abducted by aliens. There are so many more important things in life to think about.

Watch the video only ten minutes long. Now look at the evidence in the Peter Khoury case. Something is going on here.

Enough about Walton. This thread is supposed to be about Bud Hopkins ( Where's the mod when you need them? ). If you are fixated on Walton maybe start a Walton fan thread or something, and you might want to join the Raelians too. Vorhillon's story is more cool and you can hang out with some hotties too.

I thought the discussion about Walton was relevant, as it is part of abduction lore. Does anyone else think it's irrelevant? A lot of people seem to think that Walton is credible, so discussion of him is part of the ebb and flow of a thread about abductions.

As much as I don't think he was abducted by aliens, comparing him to Raeliens is unfair.

Rael says to go to h e double toothpicks. However, there is a guy named Rauel down at the corner drugstore. He thinks you rock. :p

Buh the bye there is no venom at all in this post. I just think we get so intense sometime with trying to convert the skeptic (if you believe) and trying to save the ignorant believers (if you are a skeptic) that we forget that nobody with any real worldview has ever been swayed by being yelled at or preached to on the interwebs. :p At least I haven't. :cool:

Rael says to go to h e double toothpicks. However, there is a guy named Rauel down at the corner drugstore. He thinks you rock. :p

Buh the bye there is no venom at all in this post. I just think we get so intense sometime with trying to convert the skeptic (if you believe) and trying to save the ignorant believers (if you are a skeptic) that we forget that nobody with any real worldview has ever been swayed by being yelled at or preached to on the interwebs. :p At least I haven't. :cool:

That's why everyone has been pretty civil in here. They would be ignored otherwise.

However, thinking that aliens visiting us is harmless.

I have to seriously wonder how true that statement is.

The Six Social Consequences [The details of each consequence can be found in the book]
It remains for us to summarize the social effects that the belief in UFOs is likely to create-whether such physical objects exist or not. We have seen six major effects throughout this investigation. …
1. The belief in UFOs widens the gap between the public and scientific institutions.
2. The contactee propaganda undermines the image of human beings as masters of their own destiny.
3. Increased attention given to UFO activity promotes the concept of political unification of the planet.
4. Contactee organizations may become the basis of a new “high demand” religion.
5. Irrational motivations based on faith are spreading hand in hand with belief in extraterrestrial intervention.
6. Contactee philosophies often include belief in higher races and in totalitarian systems that would eliminate democracy.
p. 217 Vallee, Jacques. Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults.

I have to seriously wonder how true that statement is.

The Six Social Consequences [The details of each consequence can be found in the book]
It remains for us to summarize the social effects that the belief in UFOs is likely to create-whether such physical objects exist or not. We have seen six major effects throughout this investigation. …
1. The belief in UFOs widens the gap between the public and scientific institutions.
2. The contactee propaganda undermines the image of human beings as masters of their own destiny.
3. Increased attention given to UFO activity promotes the concept of political unification of the planet.
4. Contactee organizations may become the basis of a new “high demand” religion.
5. Irrational motivations based on faith are spreading hand in hand with belief in extraterrestrial intervention.
6. Contactee philosophies often include belief in higher races and in totalitarian systems that would eliminate democracy.
p. 217 Vallee, Jacques. Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults.

Stuart Davis, in his excellent interview of L. Kean, talked about the possible need for a change in consciousness before humanity can even begin to approach the phenemenon behind the issue. I think I get what he's referring to. Your list reminds me of the pitfalls that may await us if such a change doesn't occur. Humanity is too hardwired for fanaticism, in all it's colorful varieties.

I have to seriously wonder how true that statement is. The Six Social Consequences [The details of each consequence can be found in the book] It remains for us to summarize the social effects that the belief in UFOs is likely to create-whether such physical objects exist or not. We have seen six major effects throughout this investigation. … 1. The belief in UFOs widens the gap between the public and scientific institutions. 2. The contactee propaganda undermines the image of human beings as masters of their own destiny. 3. Increased attention given to UFO activity promotes the concept of political unification of the planet. 4. Contactee organizations may become the basis of a new “high demand” religion. 5. Irrational motivations based on faith are spreading hand in hand with belief in extraterrestrial intervention. 6. Contactee philosophies often include belief in higher races and in totalitarian systems that would eliminate democracy. p. 217 Vallee, Jacques. Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults.

TO

These six consequences which Vallee detailed and expanded on in "Messengers of Deception" did not refer to belief in ET visitation per se. They discussed specifically the effects of messianic contactee belief-systems of interaction with benign and omniscient aliens who would come to intervene in, and by implication "save", the human race.

MOD was for the most part an investigation into such messianic flying saucer cults and related pseudo-religious and new-age belief systems, and their potential social consequences. Vallee saw the rise in these cults in the 1970s as essentially totalitarian, anti-democratic in tone and anti-scientific in nature (let's not get into his peculiar and evidence-free "barometric control system" ideas about the phenomenon here, explored in the same book, nor his misunderstanding of the cattle-mutilation evidence because it failed to support his theory).

Just so we're clear.

Back