• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Blake Cousins (Twins Who Shall Not Be Named -- TWSNBN)

[It appears perhaps we made an impression after all! B&B have responded. Not exactly in a way that I had hoped for, but at least they responded. Has a naa-naa-nee-nah-nah feel to it.
The clip that follows is supposedly from Mrytle Beach and is supposed to show what is being referred to as "UFO Sightings Cloaking Technology Exposed Brilliant Military Disguise (sic)." Not sure what that means...
So, what do you all think? Looks pretty innocuous and mundane to me. What are we looking at? Pilot turning off his lights? Craft flying behind trees or something else that blocks the lights?
Was that a flare that was ejected? Hey, at least they are asking for our input. What they do with it is another story. —chris]

Help is good.. Check our latest Upload...By UFO Hunter Joe Keirnan
Get the Word out! Have your "Experts" take a closer look...CGI? I dont think so...See what you can do with the footage... let me know...Thanks

That musical introduction gets annoying after a few hearings. I'm not seeing anything compelling here. Cloaking technology? Give me a break!

I agree with ufology's post on the previous page, that cousins' site might at least inspire some to seek out some real info. I was reading one of Imbrogno's books when I became suspicious of some content, did a search and found the Paracast. As far as those that just want to be entertained, not caring if footage is faked- I can't understand that, as I was the 10 yr old kid at the library taking out the "flying saucer" books available and going over the black and whites with my magnifying glass.

Nope. I think folks who have any interest in the subject shouldn't be "turned off" by such content. (Just thinking in positive terms)

There's also the reverse danger, which is that people will see this junk and assume all UFOs are fakes, and thus regard it as little more than silly entertainment. Is that what you want?

If we're talking about PEOPLE, I kind of feel like- unfortunately- that's already happened.

It's clearly you guy's prerogative to make the "signal-from-noise" stuff as much of the show's focus as you like. It's probably just that I'm pretty cynical about the prospects of "cleaning up the field". Or, put another way, I think there's more luck to be had in turning the signal up than trying to muffle the noise. The "noise" seems to be a constant. But more power to you guys for diving into the muck! I can tell you it's not a job I'd want...

We try to do both. Otherwise, there's no way to keep from sinking in the muck.

FYI: The new photo from the Cousins brothers is little different from the links they sent us during the show. Flickering lights, flashing lights, and so on and so forth. One of the videos, daylight with a more distinct object, could have involves models or CGI. Not worth showing here.

Bullying is a relative term. Mr. Cousins could have, should have, done his due diligence. Unless he is in denial he most certainly would know that his work would come under scrutiny. Maybe he is from the "any publicity is good publicity" school,and got wanted what he wanted from his appearance. Not unlike liberals who dare appear on sean hannity or bill o'reilly. And if he actually thought he would be on par with guys like stanton, jim mosley, greg bishop or jerome clark then he really has dipped too much into the kool-aid

I don't believe for a second that he didn't do some kind of search before doing the show. I also think he is of the "any pr is good pr"

There are "house liberals" paid by Fox who appear on their shows. But it's also probably true that they will try to get other guests in hopes of appearing "fair and balanced." I pity some of the people who enter that hostile environment and sometimes get tongue lashings by a host, or are constantly interrupted so they never actually get to finish more than a sentence or two.

But some so-called liberals may actually feel that a good performance on Fox would show they aren't so wacky after all.

Hey folks, baby steps, baby steps. Even if it goes nowhere, I appreciate Blake sending anything, in my book that is a step in the right direction.

We (Chris) need to get something really worthy of study, and maybe have someone look closely to (as much as possible) rule out CGI at least, and give all that back to Blake, as a first step in learning more?

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise.

We asked him to send us the uncompressed originals, should they exist, rather than the ones processed for YouTube. Obviously he didn't listen.

Would it be better for Ufology (in terms of weeding out fakes) to encourage people to use old-style film, both in camcorders and straight up cameras - like 35mm colour film?

[It appears perhaps we made an impression after all! B&B have responded. Not exactly in a way that I had hoped for, but at least they responded...]

Help is good.. Check our latest Upload...By UFO Hunter Joe Keirnan
Get the Word out! Have your "Experts" take a closer look...CGI? I dont think so...See what you can do with the footage... let me know...Thanks

[Here is my reply to Blake:] As we mentioned on the show, Youtube compression makes it virtually impossible to analyze video footage. As a "certified AVID" professional you should know this. We need to see uncompressed clips, please. As to what is being presented, at first glance, the footage has the appearance of a lit-up RC model in flight, but without better quality footage, it's almost impossible to tell for sure. Is there a documentation chain? Who was the camera person? Where were they situated? What was the duration of the sighting? Were there any other witnesses? Have they gone on-the-record? Were there any other reports of the fly-over? If so, where were these witnesses situated in relation to Joe's vantage point? Did anyone else film the event? What type of camera equipment was used? Who edited the piece before sending it to you? What type of compression was used in post? So many questions, Blake: if you are truly an investigator, you'll provide these answers to my questions....
Chris

Gene, Chris & Goggs: nice job! Great show. I actually thought the show was better without the guest. It's got to take guts coming onto the Paracast if you're a charlatan. I give Mr.Cousins props for taking the heat. However (there's always a but), "let the people decide" is intellectually dishonest. As Gene said during the show, Mr. Cousins *does* have culpability for hosting utter, laughable crap that by association casts dispersions on the whole topic of UFOs.

Thank God there are those who call BS, BS. We do ourselves a disservice when we tolerate the Mortons, Ickes and Hoglands of the world.

Would it be better for Ufology (in terms of weeding out fakes) to encourage people to use old-style film, both in camcorders and straight up cameras - like 35mm colour film?
Not gonna happen. Even if the equipment is at hand, people seeing something unexpected will reach for what they have. Hundreds of millions of people have smartphones. Some, such as the iPhone 5, and latest Nokia Lumias have really good image sensors (with well-done apps) that are in many ways comparable to good point-and-shoot standalone cameras.

I sent the University of Nations an email regarding the Cousins' involvement with their school. Here is part of the reply that I received:

Blake and Brent Cousins have done, around 12 years ago, a one-week editing seminar with UofN that was open to participants from the community . The are not per say graduates of our film school which is a longer in depth program that covers all aspects of film and video production.

Blake also said he's Avid certified; Avid is a pro-level video editing app used in the film and TV industries. Obviously that alleged certification did not come from a one-week seminar.

Back