• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Blake Cousins (Twins Who Shall Not Be Named -- TWSNBN)

I sent the University of Nations an email regarding the Cousins' involvement with their school. Here is part of the reply that I received:

Blake and Brent Cousins have done, around 12 years ago, a one-week editing seminar with UofN that was open to participants from the community . The are not per say graduates of our film school which is a longer in depth program that covers all aspects of film and video production.
Mind if I send this bit of clarification to the Cousins? ... I didn't think so, ;)

Well, he can get that from his Google ad riches. :D

So, then, Avid should have a record of his alleged certification and ownership of their product. And I presume you actually have to pass a test to get that award. It's not a diploma mill.

Blake and Brent Cousins have done, around 12 years ago, a one-week editing seminar with UofN that was open to participants from the community . The are not per say graduates of our film school which is a longer in depth program that covers all aspects of film and video production.
Thanks for helping out Mastastic, Someone should dig into this operation and find out the actual facts about the principles. We appreciate all the help our listeners are able to provide. Unfortunately, Gene and I don't have time to do all the digging and we REALLY appreciate all the help you folks can provide to shine the light on the subject. ;)

And one more thing: I searched Avid's own list of professionals, restricting to USA, and Hawaii, without specifying any other category, and came up with zero. Same for "User."

But for some reason, the link doesn't want to transfer to this post.

So go to Avid | Home, and look for the Find Professional category under Training.

Well, he can get that from his Google ad riches. :D

So, then, Avid should have a record of his alleged certification and ownership of their product. And I presume you actually have to pass a test to get that award. It's not a diploma mill.
You can be a certified user by answering 60 questions.

[Hey at least I've established a semblance of a dialog! Maybe there's hope? lol —chris]

Yes Blake, I did go to his site (I was unable to find the actual 4-22-13 clip that you re-posted) but, again, you're telling me to go to yet another compressed Youtube site. Like I said before (and on the show) "Youtube compression makes it virtually impossible to analyze video footage. As a [self-proclaimed] "certified AVID" professional you should know this. We would like to see uncompressed clips, please."

So, it's my understanding that you are simply re-posting compressed Youtube videos? Have you ever asked to see full-rez versions of the footage you re-post? Do you have any footage that is uncompressed you would like to have analyzed? And what about my questions pertaining to documentation chains to bolster the witnesses claims? I saw in one of Joe's videos that he says "People on the beach are taking pictures!" Did he go and get their names? Does he have corroborative images they snapped to bolster his sighting claim and the subsequent footage? Any witness statements from others? I know... you don't know and he probably didn't do a lick of REAL investigation. It's OK, you are only an entertainer. A "gee-wiz"-kinda-guy. You don't need those simple things that science dictates are needed and real researcher/investigators require to bolster their so-called "witnesses" claims.
When you're ready to do it like the big-boys, man-up, and let's talk dude!
Chris

On Apr 24, 2013, at 2:27 PM, Blake Cousins wrote:

we put a link to the orginal post in the description! Did you not see this? Joe Kiernan shot it..You tell him its an RC..

Blake Cousins

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Christopher O'Brien <[email protected]> wrote:
As we mentioned on the show, Youtube compression makes it virtually impossible to analyze video footage...SNIP​

So I guess I'm being guilty of piling on here, which isn't very sporting, but I couldn't resist.

uploadfromtaptalk1366842732660.jpg

Hint: as if you needed one.

ralucitnel duolc

< Yes it's a picture of a rare duolc >

The latest response from Cousins: [This is guy is a real piece of work. Priceless! LOL]

On Apr 24, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Blake Cousins wrote:

very Simple DUDE! Contact Joe and ask him for the footage, and do your JOB! I gave you a contact now go with it...Keep us updated..​

My job? You make me lol. YOU are the one breathlessly trumpeting his footage to the masses. I have nothing to do with it. It's YOUR job to have Joe do the follow-up. Did he report his sighting to FL MUFON? Did he contact Peter Davenport at the Nat UFO Reporting Center? As the one who is pandering to the great uninformed, eager masses, you have a responsibility to have your video submitters properly back-up their claims. Nice try, but you can't put the onus on me, PT. lol. You keep us updated after you've put in place some simple guidelines for your eager, aspiring investigators to follow. If you need help with this, let us know and also let me know when you have some quality, uncompressed video to analyze.
lol Chris

[Here is my reply to Blake:] As we mentioned on the show, Youtube compression makes it virtually impossible to analyze video footage. As a "certified AVID" professional you should know this. We need to see uncompressed clips, please. As to what is being presented, at first glance, the footage has the appearance of a lit-up RC model in flight, but without better quality footage, it's almost impossible to tell for sure. Is there a documentation chain? Who was the camera person? Where were they situated? What was the duration of the sighting? Were there any other witnesses? Have they gone on-the-record? Were there any other reports of the fly-over? If so, where were these witnesses situated in relation to Joe's vantage point? Did anyone else film the event? What type of camera equipment was used? Who edited the piece before sending it to you? What type of compression was used in post? So many questions, Blake: if you are truly an investigator, you'll provide these answers to my questions....
Chris

Chris, has anyone ever put together a simple how-to for UFO investigation, even if it is a simple list of the things you mentioned in your post. Much of it might not be obvious to a beginner, and let's consider Blake a beginner, tell him the info you think he needs to include with, original or exact duplicate, uncompressed footage. You never know, he might even use it!
It'll be interesting talking about all this in the upcoming show.

Chris, has anyone ever put together a simple how-to for UFO investigation, even if it is a simple list of the things you mentioned in your post. Much of it might not be obvious to a beginner, and let's consider Blake a beginner, tell him the info you think he needs to include with, original or exact duplicate, uncompressed footage. You never know, he might even use it!
It'll be interesting talking about all this in the upcoming show.
Sure... It's called the MUFON Investigators Manual. Its a great resource for aspiring investigators and available to anyone for download. There are others as well including the Skywatch Int. Investigator's Manual that I helped co-write w/ Bill Hamilton. I added relevant follow-up protocols and included a section on ascertaining pre-existing beliefs and how they have been impacted by a particular sighting event, etc. Too bad I'm so busy! Normally I would dive right in and help out someone like Blake maximize his potential. But, he's obviously so enamored with himself, he's probably not open to quality help and guidance—he comes across like he already knows it all. And who are we to question his manner, methods and agenda, plus I'm EXTREMELY busy right now: getting ready to go to DC and help crew up for the video shoot of Bassett's (questionable?) CHD circus at the Nat Press Club. I wouldn't be going if I wasn't getting paid, believe-you-me! But, since I've been hired, I have to finish up around here so I can be available.

Chris, they only post excepts of the MUFON manual online. It's $35 for a physical copy. That's chump change for a rich and famous guy like Blake. :D

Chris, they only post excepts of the MUFON manual online. It's $35 for a physical copy. That's chump change for a rich and famous guy like Blake. :D
Yeah, so if he's really a part of the solution, he'll pony up the chump change, cherry pick what he needs for photographic submissions guidelines and do it the right way. This is starting to get old & stale already. [And I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my precious time on this time-wasting prima-donna behavior, and, I am about ready to bail on this particular thread and the whole TPOM BS wanna-be subject!]

Meantime, he may really have some credentials making films, witness this: Cousins Brothers Productions I also get the impression he's older than we thought...
The more experience he has the more suspicious I am of his so-called video evidence. Unfortunately, most hoaxers out there do NOT know what a genuine UFO looks like and the effect they have on their environment. Especially sightings that occur near large bodies of water. Moisture in the air has predictable qualities that are present in genuine UFO footage & stills. There is visual evidence that will always be present and I have yet to see these tell-tale signs in a single video shot by him and his friends near the ocean. He lives on a tropical island, right? Of course, I haven't spent the many hours it would take to view all of his posted videos, but, perhaps if he pays me to spend my time slogging through the dross—looking for the gems, I might be able to carve out some analyst time... smirk

Maybe he is hoping the UFO channel will get them real paid production work. If that happens -- and remember this is supposedly their full time job -- this channel will vanish in the haze. Hey, that would be a good thing!

Back