• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Blake Cousins (Twins Who Shall Not Be Named -- TWSNBN)

Free episodes:

Cousins seemed to rush through his background. I was hoping to find something from his/their photojournalism career, but nothing so far.

Is it possible to get links to the videos he sent via email?

Also, becoming very apparent that likes on a Youtube video is directly related to authenticity. He wasn't prepared for this interview, and has failed to properly read up on the subject that he is promoting.

Is it possible to get links to the videos he sent via email?

Also, becoming very apparent that likes on a Youtube video is directly related to authenticity. He wasn't prepared for this interview, and has failed to properly read up on the subject that he is promoting.

Here are those links:

This was an unusual episode. I'm glad Blake managed to show up. Don't take this the wrong way, but this was possibly the most hostile interview you ever did. Gene kept insisting that Blake not talk over him, but he cut Blake off almost every time he spoke.

I guess it all turned out well in the end as you left on an amiable note.

This was an unusual episode. I'm glad Blake managed to show up. Don't take this the wrong way, but this was possibly the most hostile interview you ever did. Gene kept insisting that Blake not talk over him, but he cut Blake off almost every time he spoke.

He kept changing the subject. Whenever we asked him whether he'd submit the videos to independent resources or learn himself how to do video analysis, he just kept repeating his mantra that he had a great site, and great resources and lots of people and that his videos were "authenticated," meaning people gave him permission to post that junk. I think that sums up everything he said, or didn't say.

Did someone say he was from Wales? He talks like an American. I've no comment yet only started it listening to it about an hour ago.

If he is a white American he should have a basic standard of English. America the official language is English.

The only country in the EU with English as there official language is Britain. This includes Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland ( which still considered part of the Uk)The Republic of Ireland (where i live) or official language is Irish (Gaelige), but English is widely used too.

European mainland- Every country in this region has a unique language. Not all their citizens know English. When you talk about someones use of the English language. You have to be mindful and considerate of where there from!

Kieran I think you are referring to when I said Christian Bale was Welsh. Blake is American, born in Hawaii. Did you check his website, the 'About us' section? Read the text there and that is what Gene was referring to. No-one is slagging off Blake's english, if it was at fault, it's just that to have it one the website, unedited or checked or corrected seems a bit sloppy. We aren't talking a spelling mistake but a fair number of errors and weird choices. Like using capital letters on odd words in the middle of sentences. That's only the beginning too.

Kieran I think you are referring to when I said Christian Bale was Welsh. Blake is American, born in Hawaii. Did you check his website, the 'About us' section? Read the text there and that is what Gene was referring to. No-one is slagging off Blake's english, if it was at fault, it's just that to have it one the website, unedited or checked or corrected seems a bit sloppy. We aren't talking a spelling mistake but a fair number of errors and weird choices. Like using capital letters on odd words in the middle of sentences. That's only the beginning too.

Thanks for the correction.

Blake believes in those videos he uploads to his site. I have to be mindful i have not heard the full interview. For me, i don't even have to go look at what your telling me to look at. To know this guy is not worth my time.

I wouldn't place a bet on him following up on the offer to have the material looked at by experts, or on implementing a rating system. I guess, if too much of the footage is rated as probable or obvious hoaxes, the amount of submitted videos will decrease rapidly. I doubt he's willing to take the risk. Didn't he say something like "it's controversial - it's interesting - it's going to be on Third phase of the Moon"? That sounds very much like "it's all just for the quotes". Maybe they'd just like to be in TV business.
I hope I'm wrong, though.

I wouldn't place a bet on him following up on the offer to have the material looked at by experts, or on implementing a rating system. I guess, if too much of the footage is rated as probable or obvious hoaxes, the amount of submitted videos will decrease rapidly. I doubt he's willing to take the risk. Didn't he say something like "it's controversial - it's interesting - it's going to be on Third phase of the Moon"? That sounds very much like "it's all just for the quotes". Maybe they'd just like to be in TV business.
I hope I'm wrong, though.
Remember, it's supposedly his full time job to upload that junk. Two or three a day he says? I'd love to earn a living working half an hour and doing nothing else so I can hang out on a Hawaiian beach. But I'd get bored real fast.

I listen to the show every week and like it. However, I thought this interview was shameful and hostile. First of all, who in the radio business does not know that Hawaii is in a very different time zone than the West Coast???? Seattle and Los Angeles time is VERY different from Hawaii time. Not even close! A THREE HOUR difference. It is amazing that the poor guy came on at all.

Secondly, it was very clear as soon as Blake began to speak that he was sincere and straight-forward. Why keep grilling him? You first inferred that he was ducking out of the interview, then you accuse him of money-grubbing and a Barnum-Bailey film flam operation. Both way wrong. I tend to like his approach to just let people submit without all the inquisition questions. Look at poor Peter Davenport who has gone nearly insane trying to get personal information and exact details from everyone! He's become a very grumpy old man.

Blake said that he has general knowledge of video technique and that he posts videos that look pretty good to him. This phenomena is very very strange - objects might appear and disappear, change shape and appear ridiculous. It is not even possible to determine what is fake at times. And even if you submitted every video to experts, there will ALWAYS be doubters and questions AND it is time-consuming and costly.

Furthermore, you painted him into a corner and bullied your insistence that he send you his videos. It is fine that you recommended a rating system. It is even OK that you may be able to look at some of the videos and analyze them ..... but you could have achieved this sort of cooperation without grilling him.

What is the point of attacking a person who seems reasonable and open to suggestion? Not cool. It sounded like I was listening to Faux News or Bill O'Reilly.

First of all, he was given the proper time and the proper time zone. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (Honolulu time) is three hours before Pacific, so I don't know what he was thinking of when he referred to an hour behind us. He must have believed we did the show in the middle of the Pacific ocean. :)

We grilled him because, frankly, his operation is no better than Barnum-Bailey; the vast majority of his photos are obvious fakes, and he could not answer simple questions about proper investigative techniques.

In general, the obvious fakes are easy to pinpoint by anyone experienced at video analysis. There may be a few photos that are unexplained on that site, but polluting the atmosphere with loads of junk helps nobody. It merely conveys to the public at large that UFOs are a large joke. Is that what you want? This field has gotten nowhere catering to the lowest common denominator.

I'll tell you one thing about Blake, he doesn't miss a chance to promote Thirdphase. He actually refers to 'Thirdphaseofmoon' when he is being addressed directly - either he is a very shrewd self-promoter or he just loves himself, both having the same end result which could be a blessing or a curse. So far, a curse.
And that was really where we were going near the end of the show - acknowledging that he already has laid the groundwork for something that could be really positive for Ufology. Imagine if he was working with some quality people and they showed only good unexplainable objects in the sky, and subjected them to rigorous analysis? With all the viewers he gets, it could be a powerful vehicle for spreading good evidence of UFOs. But it is completely up to Blake, whether he continues not to care about fakes, or he starts thinking smart and in the interests of serious Ufology, instead of just promoting anything to get ratings.

I'm willing to stand back and see if he makes any changes, moves in a better direction etc but I won't be holding my breath unfortunately.

Back