• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Blake Cousins (Twins Who Shall Not Be Named -- TWSNBN)

Free episodes:

It's disconcerting to think Blake agreed to go on a show without even doing the barest of checking? There are many people 'interested' in UFOs and the paranormal who do not listen to the Paracast and no doubt for example, a huge number of C2C listeners won't know about the Paracast. Their loss in my opinion but anyway, the fact remains that the simplest of Google searches would bring a wealth of links to the Paracast, or it being mentioned elsewhere. I got the impression Blake didn't really take a look at the show beforehand. Ask yourself the question whether you would appear on a podcast/radio show knowing zip about it? Me personally, would be looking for a website, whether I could listen to previous shows, read reviews etc. Even for the most basic reason as you don't want to look a fool if you can't answer something really mundane about the show or presenters. I'd rather be prepared?

It's disconcerting to think Blake agreed to go on a show without even doing the barest of checking? There are many people 'interested' in UFOs and the paranormal who do not listen to the Paracast and no doubt for example, a huge number of C2C listeners won't know about the Paracast. Their loss in my opinion but anyway, the fact remains that the simplest of Google searches would bring a wealth of links to the Paracast, or it being mentioned elsewhere. I got the impression Blake didn't really take a look at the show beforehand. Ask yourself the question whether you would appear on a podcast/radio show knowing zip about it? Me personally, would be looking for a website, whether I could listen to previous shows, read reviews etc. Even for the most basic reason as you don't want to look a fool if you can't answer something really mundane about the show or presenters. I'd rather be prepared?

Very good points goggs. He may be an emperor without clothes.

I could understand not knowing who I am, he obviously isn't well-read and I doubt he's read or even heard of my books, but a simple google search of my name + ufo will turn up several hundred pages of hits. I've been online w/ a webpage presence since 1993... We'll see what he does... I agree w/ Gene, he probably won't follow-up on my offer. I wonder if anyone is sharp enough to detect what this is. ;)

Oh Chris I could see TPOM all over that video, going on about how clear it is and what a great UFO video.
I won't spill the beans.;)

Which goes to show his ability to check the quality of his content. Or not. :D

Finished listening to the rest of it on the morning commute. Couldn't stop myself from howling out loud when Cousins blurts out with great indignance, "Have you ever been in a spaceship?!" I count that as a classic 'heated exchange' Paracast moment.

Later I was thinking, it could have been only topped by Gene providing a response to that question.

I could understand not knowing who I am, he obviously isn't well-read and I doubt he's read or even heard of my books, but a simple google search of my name + ufo will turn up several hundred pages of hits. I've been online w/ a webpage presence since 1993... We'll see what he does... I agree w/ Gene, he probably won't follow-up on my offer. I wonder if anyone is sharp enough to detect what this is. ;)

That is pretty righteous chris. But I think you made a mistake, you labeled the video as comedy instead of labeling it as unexplained phenomena. Too bad about the battery

I wonder if anyone is sharp enough to detect what this is. ;)

I've just resigned myself to the fact that without a chain of evidence that involves eye-witness statements, independent corroboration, and on-scene investigation by knowledgeable people, videos alone are useless as evidence. Therefore I don't pay any serious attention to sites like ThirdPhaseOf Moon or any other video that excludes background information ... even if it looks authentic. It's a pointless waste of time. But just to humor you on the shimmering light in the video, my guess is that it's some sort of thin line reflecting the sunlight in just the right way. The clue for me is the manner in which it moves, as though it were attached to the structure and were being affected by air currents. What kind of strand ... I dunno ... maybe a filament like synthetic hair or some kind of web material from an insect not necessarily a spider, e.g. like something from a silkworm? Or maybe the edge of a mini-CD suspended from the eve there. It's not a UFO that's for sure.

..i'm starting to think that this is all cultural evolution..

I mean look at it this way. Forty years of modern UFO analysis and what have we got? Its symbolised for me by Stanton Friedman going on TPM. Lets burn it all down and start again.

yeah or its a case of, "Helooooo ______(enter city). Watch me paste a fresh smile on my face and plow through this shit one more time"

Maybe its all run its course and we are approaching some kind of implosion.

Hey he shouldn't have a problem with it. After all I'm just "one of the people" like anyone else ... right? :)
Its funny that this "let the people decide" crap is what local government are using to make the public accountable for their mistakes in budget spending. The social hand wash of re-appropriation of responsibility, "do you want cuts to schools, hospitals or trash collection? You decide"-
how bout, "you do your effing job and make the decision I have elected you to perform, if not give the responsibility to some one else who can handle it. I am not a council management public sector wrangler."

I'm thinking the battery comment may provide a clue, (or maybe it was supposed to add authenticity to "the experience") at any rate I'm going with sunlight reflected off a strand of a web.

Its funny that this "let the people decided" crap is what local government are using to make the public accountable for their mistakes in budget spending. The social hand wash of re-appropriation of responsibility, "do you want cuts to schools, hospitals or trash collection? You decide"-
how bout, "you do your effing job and make the decision I have elected you to perform, if not give the responsibility to some one else who can handle it. I am not a council management public sector wrangler."
At least the public can vote for someone else next time if the current person screws up. Unfortunately that doesn't happen often enough.

... my guess is that it's some sort of thin line reflecting the sunlight in just the right way. The clue for me is the manner in which it moves, as though it were attached to the structure and were being affected by air currents. What kind of strand ... I dunno ... maybe a filament like synthetic hair or some kind of web material from an insect not necessarily a spider, e.g. like something from a silkworm?... It's not a UFO that's for sure.
I'm going with sunlight reflected off a strand of a web.
You guys are GOOD! I happened to catch the light reflecting through a suspended spiderweb (?) anchored on the eve that was gently waving in the slight breeze present. I grabbed my camera and shot 1:24 minutes of video and selected the end portion. There is one edit in the middle (nobody caught that). Just goes to show you that anyone with a sharp eye can find nature (or human caused aerial traffic) providing scenarios that, when videotaped, could fool most people. YOU guys have an up2speed level of observational acuity and analytical ability. The average TPOTM joe/josephine-6-pack doesn't have a clue.

The Cousin brothers are only interested in sensationalism, jacking up hits and promoting themselves and the website. Period. Blake IS just another part of the problem—NOT a part of the solution. I think we should start a petition that they provide a clear, up front disclaimer that their site is for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

<------gets down off his soap box :(

Back