• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigfoot Poll

Does Bigfoot Exist??

• Yes, Bigfoot is a rare biological animal

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • No, Bigfoot does not exist in any real sense

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Bigfoot exists, but is of a paranormal nature

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters
I dont think that Bigfoot exists due to there having to be a large enough population to sustain the species, and if there was a population of bipedal humanoids living in the wilderness then they would be detectable and lets face it Bigfoot's are big theyre not called Bigfoot for nothing.

Ive heard the theories that there are some kind of other dimension that the Bigfoot's ( or should I say Bigfeet ?) are able to traverse. This is stretching it a little bit far for my liking.

Having said that I find the Idea of BigFoot to be one of the most fascinating of all Paranormal subjects. The Idea of it really makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Also though I have said that I dont think that Bigfoot exists the Patterson Gimlin Film staggers me ! I mean it still hasnt been debunked and the breasts on that creature and how you can see its muscles move is just plain wierd. Also if somebody designed a suit that good then surely they would come forward and accept due recognition of their amazing feat after all this time ?

I too get the willies thinking about Bigfoot. If not for the Patterson Gimlin film I would not give it the attention that I do.

Not according to recent analysis. A motion expert used computer imaging to define the movements and range of motion as being one that a human could not duplicate. Someone else noticed the injury/muscle bulge in the thigh on movement.
Two programs that have been on TV recently have gone over the evidence bit by bit. They used motion study, a finger print expert who is also the best known in his field for primate finger print studies, and others who have scientific credibility. They all pretty much came to the same conclusion - there is something out there but we don't know exactly what it is.

Not according to recent analysis. A motion expert used computer imaging to define the movements and range of motion as being one that a human could not duplicate. Someone else noticed the injury/muscle bulge in the thigh on movement.
Two programs that have been on TV recently have gone over the evidence bit by bit. They used motion study, a finger print expert who is also the best known in his field for primate finger print studies, and others who have scientific credibility. They all pretty much came to the same conclusion - there is something out there but we don't know exactly what it is.

As I said, there are still people out there that refuse to believe it. It's the same deal with crop circles.

As I said, there are still people out there that refuse to believe it. It's the same deal with crop circles.

I don't believe in bigfoot. But, there was a Monsterquest show one night that was kind of provacative. First a guy told about a stench and a creature near a dumpster. Then somebody/something threw boulders at a cabin out in the woods. It didn't convince me of bigfoot anymore than lights in the sky have convinced me of aliens. But, it was a fun show and it's an interesting topic.

I don't believe that bigfoot exists in any sense other than in legend. That's why I started this poll/thread to see what others thought. I'm really actually quite surprised at the results of the poll. It seems that about 2/3 of the people that took it believe bigfoot does exist. Interesting to say the least.

I will say however in regards to the "hoaxer" who admitted it. This is Heironomous right?? Who wouldn't want to be part of one of the most well known hoaxes in history (assuming it is a hoax)?? An admission doesn't mean it is true. I think you have to at least admit the possibility that he isn't the hoaxer and that he just wanted the attention. Where is the costume?? Where did they get it from?? How exactly did all this go down??

What if I said it was me in the costume?? I'm just saying hoaxers want attention right?? Wouldn't someone want instant fame by saying they were the one that did it?? I think that there needs to be a bit of caution when someone admits being the culprit of a famous hoax and isn't able to offer up much in the way of evidence. Again I don't believe in the bigfoot stuff (but it fascinated me as a kid), but I don't neccessarily think that Heironomous was the hoaxer.

I don't believe that bigfoot exists in any sense other than in legend. That's why I started this poll/thread to see what others thought. I'm really actually quite surprised at the results of the poll. It seems that about 2/3 of the people that took it believe bigfoot does exist. Interesting to say the least.

I will say however in regards to the "hoaxer" who admitted it. This is Heironomous right?? Who wouldn't want to be part of one of the most well known hoaxes in history (assuming it is a hoax)?? An admission doesn't mean it is true. I think you have to at least admit the possibility that he isn't the hoaxer and that he just wanted the attention. Where is the costume?? Where did they get it from?? How exactly did all this go down??

What if I said it was me in the costume?? I'm just saying hoaxers want attention right?? Wouldn't someone want instant fame by saying they were the one that did it?? I think that there needs to be a bit of caution when someone admits being the culprit of a famous hoax and isn't able to offer up much in the way of evidence. Again I don't believe in the bigfoot stuff (but it fascinated me as a kid), but I don't neccessarily think that Heironomous was the hoaxer.

That's absolutely within the realm of possibility.

If the big guy is around he has to be inter-dimensional.

1. Not one body ever found. Must die and then return to his inter-dimensional state.

2. A Big Foot of this size never captured yet has been seen in suburbs and even in some wacky stories, cities. Must have a nice escape route, thus inter -dimensional.

3. Many stories of the creature disappearing in front of people and while running away.
You guessed it....Portal jumping.

4. Never appeared on the Paracast but has on Coast To Coast am with George Snoori. Obviously not from this dimension.

Sorry, just to get that one in...

Native American legends include a large man like creature called "hairy man." Kathy Strain has written several excellent books on the subject. There is also several petroglyphs of a bigfoot like creature(I think in Cal., but cant remember.) Unfortunatley, one will never be discovered. The Patterson Gemlin film of Patty reminds me of the Roswell case. Both are old, drawn out......who knows what to believe anymore.

Native American legends include a large man like creature called "hairy man." Kathy Strain has written several excellent books on the subject. There is also several petroglyphs of a bigfoot like creature(I think in Cal., but cant remember.) Unfortunatley, one will never be discovered. The Patterson Gemlin film of Patty reminds me of the Roswell case. Both are old, drawn out......who knows what to believe anymore.

Thanks for the reference to the author. I don't know how seriously we are supposed to take legends, myth, and folklore. I mean every ancient culture has their enigmatic supernatural figures. The Greeks, the Egyptians, The Irish, The Norse, The Romans, The Sumerians, tribal Africa, Peruvians, Olmecs, Mayans, etc, etc.We could go on and on.

The usual reply to the believer side is "Well, these legends had to come from somewhere, they are probably based on some truth right??" And I really don't know the answer to this question although I think the probability of these legends coming from real flesh and blood animals is pretty low . Is there really something that prompted these figures in their art and folklore or is it prompted from human imagination?? Is it a variety of cultural factors twisted together to form myth or really based on something highly unusual?? I don't know but I just don't think the fact that certain elements show up in artwork is evidence for the reality of, in this instance, bigfoot. If that is the case, then Ra and Posieden and Quetzalcoatl are equally valid.

On that note I may see what conclusions, if any, Kathy Strain has come to.

Thanks for the reference to the author. I don't know how seriously we are supposed to take legends, myth, and folklore. I mean every ancient culture has their enigmatic supernatural figures. The Greeks, the Egyptians, The Irish, The Norse, The Romans, The Sumerians, tribal Africa, Peruvians, Olmecs, Mayans, etc, etc.We could go on and on.

The usual reply to the believer side is "Well, these legends had to come from somewhere, they are probably based on some truth right??" And I really don't know the answer to this question although I think the probability of these legends coming from real flesh and blood animals is pretty low . Is there really something that prompted these figures in their art and folklore or is it prompted from human imagination?? Is it a variety of cultural factors twisted together to form myth or really based on something highly unusual?? I don't know but I just don't think the fact that certain elements show up in artwork is evidence for the reality of, in this instance, bigfoot. If that is the case, then Ra and Posieden and Quetzalcoatl are equally valid.

On that note I may see what conclusions, if any, Kathy Strain has come to.

We certainly do have our strange supernatural figures, the Irish, but non wear tights thank god!

I have my doubts this creature is flesh and blood, but here is were it gets weird somewhat, a creature fitting the description of the Bigfoot once existed called "Gigantopithecus" many people believe this creature went extinct around 3,000,000 million years ago, we know such a creature existed like this, because we have a fossil record like teeth and jawbones and so on. So either people are experiencing a time slip or something or there lying or people have seen such a creature and its physical. I remember on one of Don's shows were he was talking about a sighting. I believe Keels work was being talked about, were a man driving saw a giant bird or something with a long wing span, to be this could a time slip if such a thing exists and the bird was actually a flying dinosaur that once flew the skies of the planet, it make sense too with Ghosts, with people seeing people from the past, that are probably alive not dead and are living their lives, we saw ghosts and we are ghosts to people that we thought were ghosts!

Got two kinds around here - (northwest North America - just north of the 49th parallel - on a known vortex) - mountain kind and the hang-around-the-water kind - so my native american neighbors tell me...all the local native communities around here have a sasquatch on their corporate logos..

a creature fitting the description of the Bigfoot once existed called "Gigantopithecus" many people believe this creature went extinct around 3,000,000 million years ago, we know such a creature existed like this, because we have a fossil records, like teeth and jawbones and so on.

Wollemia is a genus of coniferoustree in the family Araucariaceae. Wollemia was only known through fossil records until the Australian species Wollemia nobilis was discovered in 1994 in a remote series of narrow, steep-sided sandstone gorges near Lithgow in temperate rainforest wilderness area of the Wollemi National Park in New South Wales, 150 kilometres north-west of Sydney.
Wollemia nobilis is the sole living member of its genus. The last known fossils of the genus date from approximately 2 million years ago.<SUP id=cite_ref-3 class=reference>[4]</SUP> It is thus described as a living fossil, or alternatively, a Lazarus taxon.

Its worth noting that the wollemi pine was thought to be extinct for millions of years..............

Its not beyond the realms of possibility there would be other "living fossils" in remote places

Thanks to cloning, i have one of these trees in my front yard now

I put this in the paranormal trickster category, because I know of no other large mammal roaming vast stretches of the continent that hasn't left at least a smidgen of physical evidence behind.

Same song and dance--I believe credible people do see something real. People are frightened and impressions are sometimes left on the landscape. I just don't think Big Foot/ Nessie/ Champ and etc., are flesh and blood critters.

Back