• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigfoot Poll

Does Bigfoot Exist??

• Yes, Bigfoot is a rare biological animal

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • No, Bigfoot does not exist in any real sense

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Bigfoot exists, but is of a paranormal nature

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters

TClaeys

Skilled Investigator
I blame Leonard Nimoy for my interest in Bigfoot. And while I have always had an open mind about the potential for such creature, I'd say that nothing ever comes from this subset of wierdness except stories from usually unreliable witnesses. And often times hucksters, hoaxers, or entertainers. (Hmmmm..... something rings familiar about this)

So my interest in this topic is waning I'd like to post a poll about bigfoot. Does he (and presumably she) exist and on what level?? I do not think bigfoot exists. At least as far as a blood and flesh animal. Of course anything I dismiss is provisional. If later evidence becomes convincing then I change with the presence of the evidence. I don't have any rigid belief one way or another, but usually base my opinions on the best available tangible information. And to me that says at the current time, that Bigfoot exists only as a myth. Albeit an interesting one, yet only a myth.

Anyway, what do you think?? Is there evidence for this beast?? Don't get me started on the Patterson film. BTW the Pattreson film is the thing that started it all for me. I can hear Spock calmly voicing over the repeated video segments while I am an impressionable youth going what the hell is that thing???

I have always been fascinated by the stories about bigfoot (I also blame Spock for this - lol). I think the piece of evidence that did it for me was the "crippled footprint". Casts and analysis can be found here:

http://home.clara.net/rfthomas/papers/anatomy.html

Coincidentally, I was watching Creepy Canada two nights ago and they ran a story on a Sasquatch/UFO connection in Greensberg, Pennsylvania in the early 70s. The Sasquatch in this town were seen shortly after "glowing balls of light" were reported flying around the skies, and the Sasquatch reportedly had glowing green eyes. These creatures were allegedly seen by multiple witnesses including a police officer. The story got weirder when in the aftermath, a man in civilian clothes showed up with a military officer and started collecting the evidence people in town had in their possession. At one point, the civilian detroyed a footprint in front of the witness, and fled the scene when the witness threatened to call the police.

Here is the IMDB page on the Creepy Canada episode if anyone wants to track it down:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804693/

new mammalian species are discovered quite often. i remain open minded on the subject.

Wow... I thought I would be really goin out on a limb to choose paranormal creature. I am totally open minded to "Bigfoot" being a real, full flesh animal, and figure it so, but the most profound "energy" that is created by the whole phenomena is distinctly paranormal in some neat ways.

I read some things recently from Wayne Dyer, about how, say, an entire Oak tree is "intended" in an acorn, and that it all traces back through various intentions, and all leads toward distinct ones... an acorn with not in any way deviate in it's path towards Oak. Likewise, he says, we humans are intended, and I could very much see The Universe actually goin to all the trouble to create a Bigfoot, to exist at JUST the right dose to add a little stimulation in our psyche, to insure a proper mix in our world view, for whatever reason. Heck, maybe JUST to give us some neat thangs to think about and discuss, who knows.

Ya shoulda added an 'I don't know' category. Cuz I DON'T know if I believe in Bigfoot or not....

You probably have a feeling one way or the other. And I even said my conclusion is provisional. I don't think it exists, but I would welcome any proof of such an animal and would be extraordinarily intrigued by it.

I don't really like the "I don't know" option, because it is too diplomatic. You cover all your bases. Could be true, could be untrue. Too easy of an answer. But I like to examine my own feelings towards things by taking a stab at the question one way or another. And then assessing why. If you don't know and want to stick with that, then of course you don't have to answer. I don't really know either, but right now I would say "no".

Well, if "he" exists in no other way, he exists in our minds... so at the very, very least, we created him... there must have been a need, rooted somewhere, and he definitely struck a nerve in the collective psyche... we ALL know who he is... sorta like Elvis. Little ladies eating out of the trash fields of India know who Elvis and Bigfoot is... to some degree... that's some powerful inner reach.

at the very least we need a new name for the critters
bigfoot...... and down here they are called Yowie... yeah... i dont think i need a hands up on that name either.....
ive often wondered about the "abominal" snowman

the indigenous ppl here in australia have them down as a little bit supernatural, and i have a brother in law who says he saw one and left his tent and gear behind in his single minded dash for the car and the nearest city......

like UFO's ppl all around the world are seeing the buggers...... at a guess id say we dont yet know everything..... but at least were looking

I didn't see it, so I can't say it was a bigfoot, but I've heard something very strange. A friend of mine, who coincidentally has witnessed two separate UFO incidents with me, was present. It was late at night after a party at my old place. We were hanging out, killing the last of a keg, after the usual weekend-party bunch had all left...well after midnight.

Something banged on the side of the barn, high on the wall. We thought it was our buddy Mike, who was the last to leave. We thought he must have been hanging around outside for a while, even though I clearly remembered hearing his truck leave. I picked up a boot that was on the floor and threw it back at the corrugated tin wall and told whoever it was to piss off.

Then the thing made this low, guttural grunt/growl that was obviously something BIG. In a rush to rationalize, I imagined an elephant had escaped from somewhere. It banged the wall again, much harder, and then jumped onto the roof. I cannot even begin to describe the level of fear I experienced. I grabbed, of all things, a bull skull for a weapon and my friend grabbed a golf club. We sat ready to defend ourselves for many hours... until the sun came up. We investigated, but found no physical traces of anything.

You left out the unsure/I don't know option.

You didn't read the thread. I answered why I didn't include that option. I don't think hardly anyone really knows. Either it exists as an animal, some type of paranormal entity, or it doesn't exist.

"I don't know" doesn't answer the question, even if that is what you think. I don't know either, but I know what I think.

You didn't read the thread. I answered why I didn't include that option. I don't think hardly anyone really knows. Either it exists as an animal, some type of paranormal entity, or it doesn't exist.

"I don't know" doesn't answer the question, even if that is what you think. I don't know either, but I know what I think.

I'm sure you have your reasons for leaving it out, however I am still correct that you did and I need it to answer lol.

You asking for leanings then? Still a tough one for me. Bigfoot is one of my favorite subjects though.

If Bigfoot exists, and people have seen it, many of them know. I see a lot of these potential people everyday over at the Bigfoot forums.

But as far as the nature of it? If it is real, I lean heavily toward it being an animal.

I, too, blame Nimoy...
I belive, but my Physical Anthro buddies say no way..N. America just doesn't have enough dense forest to conceal primates of that size. :confused:

I, too, blame Nimoy...
I belive, but my Physical Anthro buddies say no way..N. America just doesn't have enough dense forest to conceal primates of that size. :confused:

Have your Physical Anthro buddies ever been to Canada??? :confused:

I have been up to Kapuskasing, Ontario twice... The bush up there is so thick you can't pitch a tent without an axe, and that is only 9 hours north of Toronto (straight up Yonge Street!). You can drive 2.5 hours north of the city and I can show you hundreds of square miles of bush that has very limited access... no roads or signs of civilization of any sort. I think your buddies need to leave the city once in a while.

The habitat these creatures would require does indeed exist, however the question remains if the creatures do as well. Canada has more unspoiled wilderness than most Canadians would believe, nevermind those who live outside her borders.

N. America just doesn't have enough dense forest to conceal primates of that size. :confused:

I tend to lean toward the idea that Bigfoot is a paranormal manifestation, but assuming it is a real flesh and blood creature, the idea that there is not enough forest in America for it to stay hidden is nonsense.

Well, just how hidden is it really? I see tons of sighting reports daily.

It's sorta like the people that say they don't think the gov. could keep ufos a secret, that there would be leaks etc. There have been leaks... Funny David D. from X-files says this. If things were completely covered up there wouldn't be a show like X-files:)

Back