• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bigfoot Poll

Does Bigfoot Exist??

• Yes, Bigfoot is a rare biological animal

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • No, Bigfoot does not exist in any real sense

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • Bigfoot exists, but is of a paranormal nature

Votes: 37 34.3%

• Total voters
I remember when I was very young, I actually wanted to be a bigfoot hunter when I grew up. :p
I was a skinny kid. My dad used to tell me if I ate my vegetables I would "get strong like Bigfoot." This was enough incentive to make me eat more than bacon-bits from the salad-bar.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bigfoot is a challenge to logic. It can't exist without leaving evidence. Bones, corpses, nests and turds. At least one should be unlucky enough to be a roadkill. Instead there's no evidence.

That's what I think. On another forum, I began with the view that they just can't exist. After reading up on it, by the end of the thread I was swiss/neutral. The logic remains, but I can't accept that every sighting is BS. This report from 1969 is thought-provoking...

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Among the dozens of plaster footprint casts he has collected over the years, Krantz has only a few that carry any significant weight as evidence. Two of them were made from footprints found in 1969 near the town of Bossburg, in northeastern Washington's Colville National Forest. What makes these tracks so important is a crippling deformity found in the right foot.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]It has only four toes-the middle one is either missing or somehow raised above the other four, which have spread to fill the gap. More significant is the distortion of the entire foot, which is bent radically inward from the heel. Krantz calculated the natural adaptations in foot structure and stride necessary to enable a large, heavy animal with such an anatomical deformity to walk.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"It was right on," he says. "Such an animal would have had to walk exactly as this one did: stride, angle of foot placement, distribution of weight-it was all exactly as it had to be."[/FONT]
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/bigfootlives.htm

My view now is 'maybe.'

folks used to believe there was an elephant graveyard, because nobody seemed to be able to find elephant bones... since, we have had some very nasty photos of elephant carcasses left after their tusks were sawn off their still twitching bodies by ivory poachers. I digress...

point being, just because we haven't seen any 'bigfoot' bones, doesn't mean they aren't there. Would any of us be able to identify a random bone in the woods/forest? How would we distinguish it from any other rib or spinal vertebrae from a bear? Same with the femurs and other bones. maybe the tarsals would twig something, but when bones are left in the open, they do not stick together in a convenient package with the tendons and such holding them together. After scavengers have had their shot at them, they generally look like a bunch of bone bits with some dry ribs scattered around.

Not saying a full, relatively intact skeleton cannot be found, just it is unlikely given the nature of, well, nature. Add the supposition these creatures are rather more intelligent than the average bear, and perhaps they remove the remains of their dead to an area that is very hard to access, for humans.

just thinking out loud.

folks used to believe there was an elephant graveyard, because nobody seemed to be able to find elephant bones... since, we have had some very nasty photos of elephant carcasses left after their tusks were sawn off their still twitching bodies by ivory poachers. I digress...

point being, just because we haven't seen any 'bigfoot' bones, doesn't mean they aren't there. Would any of us be able to identify a random bone in the woods/forest? How would we distinguish it from any other rib or spinal vertebrae from a bear? Same with the femurs and other bones. maybe the tarsals would twig something, but when bones are left in the open, they do not stick together in a convenient package with the tendons and such holding them together. After scavengers have had their shot at them, they generally look like a bunch of bone bits with some dry ribs scattered around.

Not saying a full, relatively intact skeleton cannot be found, just it is unlikely given the nature of, well, nature. Add the supposition these creatures are rather more intelligent than the average bear, and perhaps they remove the remains of their dead to an area that is very hard to access, for humans.

just thinking out loud.

A very good point, AnnetteMarie. I have three good friends who are avid hunters of deer (yes they eat the meat). And, I have asked them if they have ever come across a deer carcass or deer skeleton in all of their ventures into the woods. All of them said no. Nature cleans up its own mess very quickly.

Not saying a full, relatively intact skeleton cannot be found, just it is unlikely given the nature of, well, nature.
I've never heard anyone mention the possibility that they bury their dead. This is pretending we're dealing with a flesh and blood critter, which I suspect may not be the case.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

well, I did suggest they may remove them to difficult to access areas, does that count as a grave? :redface:
Or maybe they eat their dead and grind the bones for soup.

trolling, trolling, over the winding main... intriguing thought, but if they were cannibalistic, then it is likely they would be a lot more aggressive towards humans, non? ;)

Great read, thanks for the link.
Being an anthropology buff, I've always laughed at the notion that Neanderthals just faded away into history due to warming climate, inferior hunting techniques, dwindling gene pools and low rates of procreation, while we humans, just coincidentally, expanded through what used to be their lands.

That theory is in denial of our more base instincts(although the inferior hunting techniques still holds true) to kill, eat, and make trophies of anything that is not part of our integral tribe. I think that's the true reason for our success as a species, unfortunately. God knows how many other species have been reduced to extinction by our hands, and we're still counting,...

I'm sure we humans took every opportunity to eliminate what would've been a very fearsome, possibly dangerous, and more human-like alien species, than anything else we've encountered in our short history. They would've been a priority on the kill list for sure,...and bigfoot knows this as well,...:D

If Bigfoot exists, I believe it is intelligent enough to stay away from humans. It makes damn sure it is hard for us to find.

History does support the idea that a bipedal ape-man may exist today. I've never seen a bigfoot or even known anyone who claims to have seen one, but I do keep an open mind about the possibility. There are several, several accounts of sightings that have been verified by lie detector tests...now of course the reliability of those tests can always come under debate. There are also many primatologists who believe a species of bipedal apes do walk the planet.

As far as bigfoot being a paranorman phenomenon - it's an interesting theory, but not one that holds much water with me.

There are also many primatologists who believe a species of bipedal apes do walk the planet.

Really?? Many primatologists believe this?? Are we talking unknown bipedal apes like Bigfoot?? Would you care to share who these primatologists are please?? thanks.

I am a lifelong bigfoot nut. Once I started listening to The Paracast ive come up with a new personal theory (idea) that ive been playing around with. Some Bigfoot sightings have come near ufo sightings, could He/she be an interdiminsional being along with the Ufo's?

I am a lifelong bigfoot nut. Once I started listening to The Paracast ive come up with a new personal theory (idea) that ive been playing around with. Some Bigfoot sightings have come near ufo sightings, could He/she be an interdiminsional being along with the Ufo's?

Hi Topher,

I have never seen any Bigfoot. However, I have seen a number of animals which have been butchered and examined in clearing which were Emu's & Kangaroo's in a dense scrub in Australia these aninmals had been swashed down in circular formations very strange guts remove rest left :eek:and large footprints of a very large wild cat or something else. :)

Cheers
blowfish

Absolutely real. But perhaps., not native to our timeline. The oral tradition of ancient america describes them as a very physical competing tribe., rather like the tuatha of irish tradition who receded from the world of man.

Recently there was a documentary on History or Science Channel, or maybe Discovery, can't remember which, where a very detailed analysis of the Patterson/Gimlin film was presented. They obtained a copy of the original negative of the film from Patterson's wife. They digitized it and analyzed it frame by frame, isolating the motion of the creature, etc. The most convincing analysis imo was on the anatomical aspects of the creature. I thought they made a damn good argument that there was virtually no way that the creature in the film could have been a man in a suit of any kind. This was based on ratio of length of femur vs. overall leg length, ratio of length of bones in the arm, the gait of the creature, etc. I came away from that feeling pretty convinced that the P/G film caught something unknown.

Recently there was a documentary on History or Science Channel, or maybe Discovery, can't remember which, where a very detailed analysis of the Patterson/Gimlin film was presented. They obtained a copy of the original negative of the film from Patterson's wife. They digitized it and analyzed it frame by frame, isolating the motion of the creature, etc. The most convincing analysis imo was on the anatomical aspects of the creature. I thought they made a damn good argument that there was virtually no way that the creature in the film could have been a man in a suit of any kind. This was based on ratio of length of femur vs. overall leg length, ratio of length of bones in the arm, the gait of the creature, etc. I came away from that feeling pretty convinced that the P/G film caught something unknown.

I saw that one and another similar one also recently. Both had several expert witness types who gave opinions on evidence presented. I thought it was well researched as to who they used - a fingerprint expert, experts at body motion ranges etc. A variety of scientific evidence was presented. There is something out there. The Native American legends have described this being (and I think of it as a being vs an animal) for a long time. You have to also consider this - how many people go missing each year and are never found? Someone will come up with concrete evidence at some point.

Jane Goodall thinks it's a subject worthy of some attention, and there are some damn big inaccessible forest areas up in Pacific Northwest. Even if 99% of the reports are fake, wishful thinking, attention seeking, hoaxes, or otherwise perpetrated by inexperienced observers or idiots, I don't think the existence of a large north american ape is totally out of the question. I start questioning the glowing red eyes, but hey, it took a long time for the Mountain Gorillas to be properly discovered.

Back