• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Jim Moseley!

As a longtime listener of the Paracast from the very beginning I will very much miss Jim's appearences on the Paracast. His voice for radio had a mysterious way of capturing attention. His historic accounts of days past and close friendship with Gene made it for very good radio.

I will surely miss hearing Jim on the Paracast

Sad day , but after listening to PMH Atwater's show with Gene and Chris is it possible that the evidence suggests Jim is just on the other side and not really dead after all?

I know this is tough on Gene and our hearts are out for you Gene hang in there man its not easy.

I am very sad to hear of Jim Moseley's passing, though I knew him only from the Paracast programs that he participated in. My sympathies to his family and friends who loved him (including you, Gene Steinberg). His voice will be sorely missed.

Let me state this at the onset ... I think Jim Moseley would have laughed at what I am about to say.

I left active UFO research around January of 2007. Actually I withdrew in November or December of 2006 but when I published my "goodbye" note, "My 20 Years in the UFO Fog" it was official. I started to get invites to guest on radio shows to talk about my time in active research. It was around April I think when Gene and David Biedny asked me to come on The Paracast in one of my earliest Paracast interviews.

We talked about my years in the field and it was near the end of the show when Gene asked me my "take" on Jim Moseley. Now some of you "old timers" will recall what I said but I will tell you what it was in a second.

I will admit that for years I did not "get" Moseley. And the bottom line truth was ... I had a serious case of "the Red Ass" at Jim. That may surprise you but now I will tell you why. When Vicki and I were publishing UFO Magazine, we did our damndest to make it as factual as we could. That included the series of "exposes" I conducted and published in the magazine. Of course Moseley LUV-ED that because it gave him gist for Saucer Smear. One series of exposes that I conducted was on Milton William "Bill" Cooper ... a real psycho in the UFO field. Now, anyone that knew anything about Cooper will know that when anyone challenged him he launched into a full scale assault on them ... including outright lies, smears and character assassination. Cooper immediately went after me and my wife. He claimed that Vicki had worked as a bookkeeper for the "Mayflower Madam" as a bookkeeper and when she was arrested the CIA set her up for UFO Magazine. He claimed that I was not a military veteran and had never served in Vietnam. He also claimed I was never a serving police officer. (As a side note I consulted lawyers at the time to sue this asshole but they wanted me to shell up $5,000.00 to just start! We did not have anywhere near that kind of money.) Okay, all well and good ... that is bullshit in the UFO field when dealing with maniacs. But here is the kicker ... Moseley published this horse-shit in Saucer Smear and he never called me or Vicki to give our response! Now I know he knew better because he did call Russ Estes, a TV producer that was friends with both Moseley and me and Russ set him straight that I was a veteran, was a former cop .. Russ had seen my doc's over the years. But Jim loved stirring the shit regardless. So ... onto April of 2007.

Gene asked me what I thought of Jim. I told him "well if Jim and I were in the middle of the Sahara Desert, a thousand miles from any water source and Jim self combusted in front of me ... I wouldn't piss on him to put out the fire!" I think Gene was shocked but he didn't know the story I just put up here.

I have mellowed a bit since then. My initial anger has passed over the years and not too long ago I put up on DMR a Long John Nebel show with Jim. I always wanted to invite him on DMR had he recovered to tell him that these days "Jim, I would piss on you to put out the fire!" There is no doubt we just lost a huge figure in the UFO world. Jim Moseley, may you rest in peace.

Decker

Well, for what it is worth ... as I write this it is 9:20 PM Pacific Time ... and today is the 24th anniversary of my wife and I meeting each other. We shared a bottle of Italian wine and a pizza and she went into bed. I just had two Irish whiskeys and made a pit stop at the "little boys room." Jim ... as I did my business I thought of you .... Happy Trails andFRICKEN Airborne dude. I know you didn't do the military thing but your old man did ... ... there it is ....

Gene, thank you for introducing Mr. Moseley to Paracast listeners and for bringing his unique personality, experience, wit, and perspective into our homes. The loss of each one of our elders is the loss of an entire world. God rest his soul.

Although I never met him, I believe Jim's work changed my life for the better. "Shockingly..." taught me how to approach the paranormal in a healthy way.

Wherever you are, I hope they have a typewriter for you....

I will miss Jim's mysterious voice on the Paracast. When you listen to a radio show over and over you seem to get to know people somewhat. Jims presence on the Paracast was one I will never forget and I learned alot about the Men In Black and Gray Barker.

BTW

Gene and Chris need our financial support to help them keep the paracast going. This stuff is not cheap and it costs money.

Gene and Chris need donations even just a little $5 bucks or 10 trillion.

I dont want to see what happened to my Twinkies happen to the Paracast because according to the Gov the Paracast is not too big to fail

Back