• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Jim Moseley!

Here's hoping it works and he is comfortable. It's never gonna be a breeze but Jim's been around a long time so he must have a decent constitution!

All the best Jim, and Gene - I know you will personally let Jim know we are thinking about him and wishing him well.
I am a big fan and consider him a legend in the field of ufology.

I still don't know what the beef between Don and Jim is? Probably will never find out either!

Goggs

The news, my friends, isn't very encouraging. Jim has been hospitalized. There's no sense saying which hospital, because they will not give out any information to anyone but family and nearby friends. I'll give more information as I have it. I'm not feeling good about this, though.

No thats not very encouraging at all.
There isnt any positive spin than can be put on situations like this.
It is what it is, and its a real pity.

But i remember a party game i played once where the question was how do you want to go....
And my answer was in a hospital, with all the pain killing drugs approriate to the situation. Or words to that effect.

I recently tried to track down an old friend via facebook, only to find pictures on a mutual friends page of his wake. I never got to say goodbye.

I got to send jim a card from down under. (i even drew a saucer beaming up a birthday cake inside ) Sometimes these small victorys is all we can get in the face of biological reality.

I sincerely hope he gets better, but if thats not to be, i hope he is as comfortable as possible.

Death is something just about every bioform must endure, with few exceptions
"Immortal" Jellyfish Swarm World's Oceans

For many this reality is in the jaws of a predator, or the lonely painful experience of crawling under a bush .
In a Hospital, with all the comforts we can provide is not as bad as it can be in the big picture

I heard via email from Curtis L. Collins and learned through him about this forum. Curtis said he tried calling Jim but there was no answer. I talked on the phone with Jim last week -- I think it was Tuesday evening -- and at that time he said he might have to go to the hospital because he wasn't eating that much. He sounded very tired and so I didn't talk with him that long. I did ask him to keep me posted on how he was doing.

If I do hear from him, I'll pass along anything he wants to share. And if someone else hears from him, please let me know. I've never met Jim in person but he has always treated me well and I consider him a friend. Hopefully the hospital is taking care of his nutritional needs and he's back on the mend.

Ray

Here's the latest as of this week: Jim is still at the hospital, and he is undergoing treatment for his cancer condition apparently with chemo and radiation therapy. Supposedly the doctors want to avoid an operation because of his age, but that he's hanging on at least gives us reason to be a little more optimistic about the outcome. Keep the prayers coming.

I hope Jim recovers from this but if it's not in the cards, it's not in the cards. I'm sure Jim has/does live a life that is pretty damn full. There can't be that many men of his age still fumbling about with a publication on UFOs! When Jim dies it will be the end of an era in Ufology and a really good one at that.
I suppose we all wanted 'one more' interview with Jim on the Paracast - he always has more to say. But we can console ourselves with interviews already done - there can't be many guests who've appeared as often as Jim? Must count.....

I am very sad to report that Jim Moseley, UFO researcher/writer/court-jester, editor of "Saucer Smear," died Friday at a Key West, FL hospital, where he was undergoing treatment for cancer of the esophagus.

Jim was perhaps my closest friend, and the world today is a much colder place for his absence.

I do not have any information on funeral arrangements.

Back