• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Jim Moseley!

I am sorry to hear that Jim passed on. Dealing with cancer is hard and painful, my dad found that out. Jim, however, did live a full life and his legacy will continue on.

Decker

I am extremely sad, though not surprised, at this awful news. I really, really loved Jim as a guest on the Paracast. His quirky background and life-long interest in Ufology, along with his encylopaedic knowledge of events and characters in the field, made him a unique character in the great and varied cast of characters in Ufology.
Never stuck for something often quite witty to say, always happy to give you his truthful opinion, he seemed never to have lost his love affair with UFOs.

It's very sad for us and obviously for his family. On the bright side he had a long and full life, as far as we can tell, was happy and content til the end and it doesn't seem to be the case that he had to endure a protracted period of pain or horrible treatment, which of course can often be the case with deaths and cancer.

A sad day indeed but one also mixed with remembering a unique and infinitely interesting man who was pretty much there through all of modern ufology.

They just don't make 'em like that any more.;)

(Thanks for keeping us in the loop Gene)

We should consider how best to honor him. One suggestion from a close friend (also a close friend of Jim's) was perhaps a Web site in his honor. Obviously I can see this up, but need some volunteers to design it and help me populate with content. Anyone?

I telephoned Jim most every month for about 20 years. I always enjoyed talking with him and we never had a cross word.
When I spoke to him a few weeks ago, he was facing his illness bravely but realistically. We talked about lots of different UFO topics and so my last conversation with him was very much like all the rest: we laughed a lot.

One of my favorite Jim Moseley habits was that he always sent out postcards with the words "Private and Confidential" on the address side.
I'm smiling just thinking about it.

RIP, Jim.

Lance

Gene - I can't help technically in setting up a website in Jim's honour but for what it's worth - I'd love a site in which we can read Saucer Smear and other incarnations. I'd like to read anything he ever published, including pieces he may have written for outside publications.

I think some issues of 'Smear are online - I think the link was in a forum post, but I'm also sure there is a lot that is not online. Bags and bags of material of interest to UFO fans. Any website in Jim's honour, containing his work, will be a must-visit for me and a lot of other people, if it comes to fruition.

whether one considers themselves a believer or a skeptic or somewhere in between the two, we are all a little poorer this day. for my part i was more interested in jim not for what he reported but how he said it , or maybe it's better to say how he put it. in my point of view a sense of humor is one of the best and most powerful qualities a man could have and is my number one quality to look for in a person. i can disagree vehemently with a person with their point of view but if they have a keen sense of humor then they are allright with me. As a "believer' i'd always hitch my wagon to a skeptic with a sense of humor...especially if it's a self depricating one...before i would a fellow believer who has little or no sense of humor, . I'm sorry for your loss, gene and that of the ufo community.

Very sorry to hear about Jim's passing. He was a bona fide legend, a man who lived life his way with no compromises. He will be missed by all who knew him. Condolences in particular to Gene.

i never knew jim but liked listening to him when you had him on. Yes he was funny, but he was also the dose of reality that is sometimes/often needed with other characters on this topic - he told us when the emperor had no clothes.

@gene You have the memories and the recall(hopefully!) to get thosedown somewhere, you and Jim must have a ton of anecdotes before you even get started on the serious stuff.

I'd like to help in any way i can with website if you go ahead with it.

These words are not mine but have given me comfort: A friend only really dies when we stop thinking and talking about them, until then you can spend as much time with them as you want, when you want.

My appreciation to Jim for all the good times he gives past, present and future.

Cheers,
bb

Condolences are in order.
It's a sad day for the ufology community.
But who knows ... maybe he left you something in his will!

Unable to attend the funeral after his father died,
a son who lived far away called his brother and told him, "
Do something nice for Dad and send me the bill."
Later, he got a bill for $200.00, which he paid.
The next month, he got another bill for $200.00, which he also paid,
figuring it was some incidental expense.
Bills for $200.00 kept arriving every month, and finally the man
called his brother again to find out what was going on.
"Well," said the other brother, "you said to do something nice for Dad.
So I rented him a tuxedo."
Sorry for any offence.
Jim didn't seem like the kind of guy who'd want us sitting around moping.

Yesterday I had to attend the funeral of a good friend and colleague. They played a song for her which she had always liked.
She was a great person, funny and witty. And I thought, if she sees us now, she'd laugh and tell us to stop looking so miserable. I could almost see her there with that broad smile. It's not as if she's just vanished. We'll always remember and smile with her.

My condolences, Gene. I only knew Jim from the podcasts, but as he was your friend, he was obviously a great guy. And I really do think he still is and will probably be again.

I didnt know Jim, though i did send him a card at Genes suggestion, but i know i would be gratified by the virtual wake we have going here. I'd like to think he would too.

Goggs youve hit on what imo is a brilliant idea, imortalise him by posting his saucer smear newsletters online.

Back