• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Jim Moseley!

I will miss Jim's mysterious voice on the Paracast. When you listen to a radio show over and over you seem to get to know people somewhat. Jims presence on the Paracast was one I will never forget and I learned alot about the Men In Black and Gray Barker.

BTW

Gene and Chris need our financial support to help them keep the paracast going. This stuff is not cheap and it costs money.

Gene and Chris need donations even just a little $5 bucks or 10 trillion.

I dont want to see what happened to my Twinkies happen to the Paracast because according to the Gov the Paracast is not too big to fail
Twinkies may have a new lease on life. The company and the striking union are being ordered into arbitration. So you won't lose those empty calories just yet.

BTW: Someone reminded me that Jim and Twinkies died on the very same day. What a conspiracy! :D

I just figured Jim would hang on for a lot longer. His dad lived to 86 at a time when the health care system wasn't near as good as it is today (Major General George Van Horn Moseley died in 1960).

Thanks for your kind wishes. We have a fundraiser going on the home page of this forum (lower right sidebar), if anyone is interested.

I just found out that Jim died. I did have a watch on this forum but the news didn't reach my email box. I will really miss my late night conversations with Jim. At some point I will write about him at my blog.

We should consider how best to honor him. One suggestion from a close friend (also a close friend of Jim's) was perhaps a Web site in his honor. Obviously I can see this up, but need some volunteers to design it and help me populate with content. Anyone?

I might provide some content to that site. I hope all the materials he left behind -- including the stuff that never made it into his proposed "grave robbing" book -- will be saved.

I came across this out there. This is a quote from David Metcalfe over at Disinformation.

James W. Moseley, Founder and Lead Editor of Saucer Smear, Has Gone Off-World | Disinformation

“Dr. Tim Brigham, a contributing editor of Saucer Smear and long time friend of Jim’s, there is a final issue of the magazine that Jim himself edited and had printed, which many are doing their best to make sure goes out. Brigham has also set up a memorial page to gather remembrances of Jim’s long and productive career on the cultural fringes which includes links to memorials by Loren Coleman, Adam Gorightly, Greg Taylor and a number of others: Ancient Hallucinations – Memories of Jim”.

This is the website in which he is referring to.

The Mojo Machine: James W. Moseley, Supreme Commander

I don't know where Jim's estate will go but any of us can honour Jim by buying a copy of 'Shockingly close to the truth' - a title I've yet to read but I hear it's pretty darn good!

There has to be a remembering Jim show - like the one for Mac Tonnies - it was a really great show too. Who would be at the table in a show such as that?

If im not mistaken, Jim said that he had fifteen hundred copies of “Shockingly close to the truth”, rotting in a warehouse somewhere. Perhaps Gene can find out if copies can still be purchased thru his P.O. box. BTW, anyone who missed the premier episode of the Paracast with Jim Moseley, and Brad Steiger is missing out.

If im not mistaken, Jim said that he had fifteen hundred copies of “Shockingly close to the truth”, rotting in a warehouse somewhere. Perhaps Gene can find out if copies can still be purchased thru his P.O. box. BTW, anyone who missed the premier episode of the Paracast with Jim Moseley, and Brad Steiger is missing out.
I suppose we'd need to ask the publisher about the status of those copies. You can still order the book. Jim had very few around, maybe none at the time of his passing.

Also, while Jim's daughter, Betty (or Elizabeth, her proper given name), told me she plans to mail out the final issue of "Saucer Smear," it is highly unlikely she's going to be able to monitor that post office box going forward, or even keep it active after the current rental period expires. No point going into details; that's just how it is, unless someone else wants to take it over.

I don't know where Jim's estate will go but any of us can honour Jim by buying a copy of 'Shockingly close to the truth' - a title I've yet to read but I hear it's pretty darn good!

There has to be a remembering Jim show - like the one for Mac Tonnies - it was a really great show too. Who would be at the table in a show such as that?
The memorial show will be recorded this week. The guest list will be announced shortly. The selection of participants is very, very arbitrary. Just a few of my close friends who were also close with Jim. There are many we'd have no time to include, but maybe in a followup, so nobody should feel slighted.

I came across this out there. This is a quote from David Metcalfe over at Disinformation.

James W. Moseley, Founder and Lead Editor of Saucer Smear, Has Gone Off-World | Disinformation

“Dr. Tim Brigham, a contributing editor of Saucer Smear and long time friend of Jim’s, there is a final issue of the magazine that Jim himself edited and had printed, which many are doing their best to make sure goes out. Brigham has also set up a memorial page to gather remembrances of Jim’s long and productive career on the cultural fringes which includes links to memorials by Loren Coleman, Adam Gorightly, Greg Taylor and a number of others: Ancient Hallucinations – Memories of Jim”.

This is the website in which he is referring to.

The Mojo Machine: James W. Moseley, Supreme Commander
Dr. Tim did a nice job there. In the end, we might integrate that content at The Jim Moseley Memorial. I don't know how that'll work out. I just got the domain, and leave it up to other friends of Jim to put it together in the way they think best.

What a complete gentleman. I'll miss hearing Jim's voice. He kept us grounded and his experience gave us a long perspective on where we've been and where we're going. Now, maybe Jim is privy to the secrets he so faithfully pursued.

What a complete gentleman. I'll miss hearing Jim's voice. He kept us grounded and his experience gave us a long perspective on where we've been and where we're going. Now, maybe Jim is privy to the secrets he so faithfully pursued.
I just think Jim Moseley and Gray Barker are having a big laugh at our expense, and they are working on some brand new paranormal hoaxes. :)

All I can personally say about Jim Moseley is that I always enjoyed his appearances on The Paracast and elsewhere. He sounded like a genuine character.

So I will just say, RIP Jim Moseley.

I've been feeling a little sadder as the days have gone by - the amount of tribute's and postings does justice to at least how well this man was liked as a guest on this show.

I'm looking forward to maybe hearing/reading some more of Jim's stuff that assorted people are now collating etc to put online.

@Gene - I had a look over at jimmoseley.com and I wondered if it could have either a link to here or is it possible to have the tribute posts copied there? I think it would be nice if people could always read the tribute's to Jim. If someone goes to the site, it'll be cos they know who Jim was and I'm sure I'd like to read what people are saying about Jim. It's been a nice effort all round with people getting their bit of 'Jim' off their chests in tribute.

I've been feeling a little sadder as the days have gone by - the amount of tribute's and postings does justice to at least how well this man was liked as a guest on this show.

I'm looking forward to maybe hearing/reading some more of Jim's stuff that assorted people are now collating etc to put online.

@Gene - I had a look over at jimmoseley.com and I wondered if it could have either a link to here or is it possible to have the tribute posts copied there? I think it would be nice if people could always read the tribute's to Jim. If someone goes to the site, it'll be cos they know who Jim was and I'm sure I'd like to read what people are saying about Jim. It's been a nice effort all round with people getting their bit of 'Jim' off their chests in tribute.
This is very much a work in progress. There's a ton of material out there, a lot of it from Jim, which we hope to include.

Back