• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

About Jim Moseley!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On August 4, Jim Moseley turned 81.

He's mostly doing well, but has to go into the hospital shortly for what may be major surgery -- the reason for the surgery is for him to discuss. Obviously, at his advanced age, we have to be concerned. Jim is one of my closest friends in the world, and I am beseeching every power in the universe to watch over him.

Jim's address:

Jim Moseley
P.O. Box 1709
Key West, FL 33041

Jim promises to send a free issue of Saucer Smear to people who write him, but you just want to get him a get well card, really.

Consider it done. I feel I owe Jim a lot solely on the basis of the shows he's done with you guys. A living legend in ufology who has been there through pretty much the whole deal and interacted with most of the characters. A man not afraid to admit mistakes or change his mind and he can still rattle off great little dits about ufology. He comes across as a genuinely nice, likeable bloke and from the bottom of my heart I wish Jim all the best, I am aware that any surgery etc at an advanced age can be difficult to get through and recover from. I have personal experience of what good someone sending you a letter or card when you need some moral support and I strongly encourage anyone from the forum who likes and appreciates Jim to send him a get well card, or even better, send him a donation for saucer smear - it's an absolute win, win.

All the best Jim Moseley and although I don't pray, any positive vibes I can send are going his way right now. Jim for President!

Thanks for letting us all know Gene, I am extremely interested in Jim's wellbeing and I know there are plenty others out there too.

I have always enjoyed listening to Jim and he's a very likeable guy. I'm getting the card in my mailbox tonight for him, but the Saucer Smear issue wont be necessary.

Jim has been an interesting guest on the show and we certainly hope he gets well enough to return! I'll dig out my old Smith Corona typewriter to do the note on.

I wanted to update everyone: Jim is going to try medication -- really intense medication -- first, to see if that deals with his problem. I suppose they decided surgery was just too drastic at this point in his life.

Updates appreciated Gene. I wish I could download Jim's memories of the field. I'd have material to digest for eternity.

When it comes to the field of UFO's, so many have such huge egos and most take themselves too seriously. Jim is like a breath of fresh air, never afraid to laugh or be laughed at, never so egotistical that he can't admit he was wrong. I hope he lives to be 150 and I'm glad to hear that they've decided to try something non surgical first, hopefully that takes care of the problem.

Jim doesn't have Internet access, or even a personal computer or smartphone. Maybe some of this will be sent to him, but it's not guaranteeed.

So I suggest you write him at the address in my first post. Thanks.

Jim has been an interesting guest on the show and we certainly hope he gets well enough to return! I'll dig out my old Smith Corona typewriter to do the note on.

I'm sure our favourite technophobe would love the nod to typewriters Ufology! My dad was a journalist and before everyone had Pc's, he had big metal typewriters that can so easily be converted to a deadly weapon.
The machine-shop clatter of a man unused to typing on a laptop is something you never forget, esp if they are quite good. I'm about a 50 WPM guy myself and I only learned to type when I hit 30. One of the best decisions made for me ever! So many people are put off typing long emails or posts cos 2-finger typing can be so slow. But we all know some of us can type with 2 fingers pretty damn fast!

Back