• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

4/1/2012 Chris Lambright and Ray Stanford

I find that although I continue to be willing to give Ray Stanford the benefit of the doubt, it begins to wear a little thin. The whole bit about it only being shown to the worthy is tiresome and bit insulting. Don Ecker is finally going to release his moon photo realizing that it isn't doing anyone any good locked in a drawer somewhere.
This one had me fired up...I think the release of Ray's photo's while still having them peer reviewed do not have to be mutually exclusive. We can do both. I understand Chris O'Brien's position. And Chris has made this his life and has skin in the game.So to speak.While i haven't.So i respect his position he has taken on Ray's behalf. But we have lived a lifetime of Government's and their alphabet agency's hiding,obfuscating or fully denying the UFO phenomenon. That when denial of further understanding comes from within the UFO community itself.It just seems to sting more.Any way.I've had my catharsis.

Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 17 U.S.C. § 106 and 17 U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:
  1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

All i did was take the leg work out for the audience here, i found the picture as a result of Chris's own direction to his website, something any of us can do. As i said all i did was bring the images being commented on /criticised here.

Right now Rays claims are indistinguishable from a hoax.

I dont mind people making a buck or two pursuing their passion, my issue is when it comes at a cost to the genre itself.
When incidents like this are treated like carnival items, roll up roll up and pay your conference fees to see the amazing Ray stanford and his incredible UFO footage, with we the audience with a genuine interest in these things relegated to one born every minute status.
Once the primary motivation becomes fame and money, you are just another steven greer

Oh well, I guess I can always pass the time until he decides to publish his material with some reading. Can anyone recommend one of his books? Which Ray Stanford classic is better: "Speak, Shining Stranger" or "What Your Aura Tells Me"?

I'm really struggling with how to say this. Given Ray's past willingness to make some rather outrageous claims in the past, to me at least, there seems to be some level of incongruity displayed in Ray's attitude of exclusivity surrounding his UFO research. While I understand why he doesn't want to just give it away since we are talking about a great deal of hard work here, what is the point of the tease if you never deliver the goods? I'm sure world renowned physicist Dr. X Phd. has reviewed Ray's presentation and had his socks blown off, but at what point does it graduate from inner circle of secret handshakes into the public eye? I would say at this point, for this audience at least, the teasing, hype, and build-up has peaked our expectations to such a high degree that blurry photos and artist's representations such as represented in this thread, will hardly satisfy.

Question: Does Ray still do the trance medium thing? If not, what is the story there?

And to be honest i thinks its naive in the extreme to expect any audience in this genre, either side of the skeptic/believer fence to simply accept a scenario where someone claims to have this great footage, but wont show it.
That was always ever going to go down faster than a two dollar.... lead balloon with a hole in it.

as ive already said, if everyone who took footage of a genuine event were to take the approach that i wont show it because it will encourage the hoaxers to make better fakes, then all we would have is hoax videos on the various medias available.
That scenario doesnt help UFO research, rather it plays right into the hands of those who say they ARE all hoax's

If the wheat is all secreted away, and all the public has to look at is chaff, they would not be wrong in forming the opinion that chaff is all there is to see........

It effectively and deliberatly brings the whole subject into disrepute in the public eye

And as for UFO related forums like this one, the people here want to know thats why we are here, saying i have this great footage, but i wont show you is to poison the very well you are wanting to drink from

Ray is so damn egotistical its not likely he will ever see the errors of his ways of not releasing this evidence for everyone to see. Been of old age a serious or mild medical condition could easily in the future put his life in grave danger. So further waiting by Ray to release certainly is not the best course of action to take here.

Chris have you seen these amazing UFO films? If you have on a scale of 1-10 how good are they in your view? If just one and only one of those videos is as amazing as Ray claims why not copyright it on release? One video been released immediately would hardly jeopardise Rays future presentation for peer-review would it?

If i was to bet if i was that kind of guy he probably does have in his possession video tapes that show UFO's, but what's shown is it compelling? Are the UFO'S clear as day or just blobs of light?

Reading the old threads it seems that David Biedny had plans to pay a visit to Ray in order to have a chance to look at these highly-discussed photographs and movies.

Does anyone know if he managed to do so?

I agree with the prevailing sentiments that to make such claims as Mr. Stanford has without releasing the film is to beg and plead for the skepticism he is receiving in abundance. I thought he came across in the interview as annoying and adversarial when politely asked again and again to let us see what he is claiming so excitedly and even vehemently buttresses his "case". Case deserves to be surrounded in those quotation marks that denote to me his effrontery. All of us interested in this whole area are rightfully offended. Mr. Lambright Seems to share Mr. Stanford's sensitivity to justified criticism, as evidenced by his provocative reply to Mike, who very deftly took him on point by point. I have a question I am still confused on despite listening to the show: is Mr. Stanford claiming that Professor Myrabo made great strides in his own work from viewing the film? I thought that he at least seemed to imply this, but said he didn't want to be credited as such by Professor Myrabo. Any clarification on this much appreciated. I googled Myrabo and read some stuff on his research. His phone number is on his academic page. I'd be interested in his thoughts on all this since he was mentioned a number of times on the show. Gene, any chance of getting Myrabo on the show?

I'm really enjoying this thread. Can anyone shed light onto what Ray's motivation and/or intention is with being this involved in Ufology? It appears he has had numerous sightings and been lucky enough to even capture footage on film (referenced in this week's show). But why does he want to study these things, what propels him?? Surely it's not to donate them to Prof. Myrabo who then takes the information and starts a business from it. Isn't his motivation the same as many of us who are fans of the show... just to know what the hell is going on! And it seems like he has some pretty good evidence of something going on. So why discuss it, talk about it, analyse it and hold it in such high regard but then never really share it. I think most people here are expressing their frustration b/c they are genuinely interested in what Ray talks about in the show. Not b/c they want to debunk it and degrade him, but because they want something, anything that will shed some light onto what has all of us so curious in the first place.

I think Ray in all likelihood does have some pretty significant data and photographic evidence. I don't think anyone is going to browbeat him into sharing it before he is ready, nor should they. It should go without saying that it is his work and he is well within his rights to talk and not show if that is his inclination, no matter how frustrating that is to the rest of us. We can only wait and hope that Ray's work will reach the point where a more public consumption of it is possible.

Kim's suggestion about getting Professor Myrabo is an excellent one. A Stanford and Myrabo show would be something to be sure.
Riding an Energy Beam to Space

light-propulsion-test_x365.jpg

Here's a video that shows Professor Myrabo demonstrating the concept, and it also features animation of how the design could be used on a full sized ship. Warning- awful music!
There is a nod by the narrator to "flying saucers", but no mention of Ray Stanford.

I gotta say,matter researching Ray Stanford a bit the last day or two, I'm going to approach everything he says with EXTREME caution and wariness.

As I would with any person who claims to have channeled Jesus Christ and other assorted "masters" as well as having been involved with a known fraud steer in the contacted movement.

Keep in mind, he wasn't just a member of the AUM organization...

He was the head of it.

So he has a track record of being involved in TWO very dubious enterprises, and to my knowledge has done little to distance himself from it.

That to me suggests two possibilities.

One... He's a person with a very low threshold of critical thinking. Or..
Two... He preys on people with an interest in the paranormal, and like the leadership position and interest people show him (and possibly financial gain) that he can achieve in that field if he just waves around the secret knowledge and material he supposedly has.

I'd love to hear Gene and Chris perspective on him, as they have met him face to face.

And I'd like to point out that I'm not entirely discounting the possibility that he DOES have amazing still pictures and movies of UFOs. Nor that he HAS done some groundbreaking research in this field.

I'm just seeing two major warning signals here... Firstly, that he has collected or sat on this amazing material since the 70ies, with very little to show for it in terms of witnesses or references.

And secondly, that he has never himself explained or mentioned his role in AUM. Yes, I realize the two are unrelated, but I, and most other people I suspect, would approach someone who claims to have channeled Jesus Christ with a certain amount of skepticism...

Holy crap..............

The Truth Uncensored: Ray Stanford Uncensored

Stanford's UFOdetector had an "attractor" feature that include a circle of lights that was supposed to gain the attention of flying saucer aliens! Simple and child-like in design, Stanford's circle of spinning lights, which displayed on and off at different intervals, is reminiscent of Steven Greer's ridiculous attempts at attracting UFOs by shining flashlights up into the sky. Stanford also had a "Precision Monitoring UFO Magnetometer" for use in the home:

Later, Stanford got deeply entangled with a 1950s cult called "Soulcraft." Soulcraft was an occult group with a dark side. It was established by William Pelley, the leader of an American Fascist organization called the "Silver Shirts."

Stanford stated that in the autumn of 1973 his car was, not once, but twice, teleported large distances while driving to the airport to pick up Uri Geller. Stanford stated that he (along with the car!) was transported some 30 miles in the blink of an eye. Stanford said that an entity that he had conjured called "Spectra" assisted in moving him and his vehicle instantaneously down a highway.

In the 1970s, Stanford was in full swing. He began to author a series of books with titles like "The Spirit Unto the Churches: An Understanding of Man's Existence in the Body Through Knowledge of the Seven Glandular Centers From the Psychic Readings of Ray Stanford." Stanford also authored such "classic" tomes as "What Your Aura Tells Me."

He was also operating a "non-profit" Association for the Understanding of Man (AUM) in Austin, Texas. The central focus of Stanford's AUM was his "psychic readings." After inducing trances, he would give long taped discussions. He would speak in various accents and inflections. Stanford made unusual sounds and varies the tenor of his voice but maintained that these were the actual voices of the entities. He contacted such ethereal organizations as the "Great White Brotherhood" and "The Watchers."​

In one tape, Jesus Christ, Himself, speaks through Stanford's borrowed vocal chords.

At one time, Stanford promoted the construction of a machine that he called "the Hilarion Accelerator." This device, he claimed, would transport a living human being back in time. He told his followers that the device would physically teleport people to the distant past. The machine was described as a metallic egg-shaped chamber (echoes of the Socorro UFO) that housed a human subject. Stanford said that when the device was charged to "around three million volts electrostatic charge" it would enhance the subject's paranormal powers. He eventually abandoned the machine. apparently concerned that it would send people to ancient times and that they would die there because he might not be able to get them back.

Flying off the handle and cantankerous, in his advancing years, he has become foul and threatening in his comments about those with whom he disagrees

After reading that, i find the "claim" that he has really good UFO footage highly unlikely, I would not now be at all surprised to learn Professor Myrabo hasnt seen it either.

^^^^
Yup... Very dodgy... Especially since he was prattling on about science and the scientific method. (Or that arrogant part with "You might be a journalist sir, but you're certianly not a man of science!")

Well, I find it very dubious, that a man who apparently is all about the scientific method not only has engaged in practices so fundamentally unscientific, but also hasn't mentioned it or explained it in later interviews, like when he was on the Paracast.

Oh, and btw... In the 90ies Ray Stanford was apparently involved in paleontology! An interesting hobby, and not at all suspect in itself. If it wasn't for the fact that Stanford claimed to have found over 200 fossils/dinosaurs in an area where other paleontologists up to then had only found four...

(One can only speculate if he perhaps had used the time machine he supposedly invented in the 70ies!)

One thing is for sure... Whether hunting for fossils or UFO pictures, Ray Stanford does seem to have a history of getting amazing results where other people had little success...

^^^^
Yup... Very dodgy... Especially since he was prattling on about science and the scientific method. (Or that arrogant part with "You might be a journalist sir, but you're certianly not a man of science!")

Well, I find it very dubious, that a man who apparently is all about the scientific method not only has engaged in practices so fundamentally unscientific, but also hasn't mentioned it or explained it in later interviews, like when he was on the Paracast.

Oh, and btw... In the 90ies Ray Stanford was apparently involved in paleontology! An interesting hobby, and not at all suspect in itself. If it wasn't for the fact that Stanford claimed to have found over 200 fossils/dinosaurs in an area where other paleontologists up to then had only found four...

(One can only speculate if he perhaps had used the time machine he supposedly invented in the 70ies!)

One thing is for sure... Whether hunting for fossils or UFO pictures, Ray Stanford does seem to have a history of getting amazing results where other people had little success...

Actually, he has some of his work in the Smithsonian. Criticize as much as you want, but you must also give credit where it is due.

Maryland's Adorable Baby Ankylosaur | Dinosaur Tracking

This episode of Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World has a several bits of interest, including an interview with Ray Stanford and includes a film he made of a UFO back in 1959. This portion starts at the four minute mark, but the whole show is absolutely worth seeing.

I gotta say,matter researching Ray Stanford a bit the last day or two, I'm going to approach everything he says with EXTREME caution and wariness.

As I would with any person who claims to have channeled Jesus Christ and other assorted "masters" as well as having been involved with a known fraud steer in the contacted movement.

Keep in mind, he wasn't just a member of the AUM organization...

He was the head of it.

So he has a track record of being involved in TWO very dubious enterprises, and to my knowledge has done little to distance himself from it.

That to me suggests two possibilities.

One... He's a person with a very low threshold of critical thinking. Or..
Two... He preys on people with an interest in the paranormal, and like the leadership position and interest people show him (and possibly financial gain) that he can achieve in that field if he just waves around the secret knowledge and material he supposedly has.

I'd love to hear Gene and Chris perspective on him, as they have met him face to face.

And I'd like to point out that I'm not entirely discounting the possibility that he DOES have amazing still pictures and movies of UFOs. Nor that he HAS done some groundbreaking research in this field.

I'm just seeing two major warning signals here... Firstly, that he has collected or sat on this amazing material since the 70ies, with very little to show for it in terms of witnesses or references.

And secondly, that he has never himself explained or mentioned his role in AUM. Yes, I realize the two are unrelated, but I, and most other people I suspect, would approach someone who claims to have channeled Jesus Christ with a certain amount of skepticism...

If he has collected this stuff since the 70's financial gain is not likely one of the motives he still only lets a few see what he has allegedly. He's of old age in his 70's or 80's i think, so money probably concerns him less now then in his younger days. What Mike posted would worry me Ray is off his rocker to put it mildly lol

I have not read all the threads on this forum post because I do not have the time but as far as the show goes, I was left wanting to here more about the Paul Bennowitz case. It would be great to have a whole show regarding the Dulce subject and Paul's story on what he experienced on his roof top near the airforce base. That would be a hard show to put together being that he and many others involved are all mysteriously dead.

It would be interesting to hear Ray comment on his early career as a trance medium and whether he views those early endeavors as still holding water or not. If you are growing and learning a person is constantly revising their beliefs and behavior. I could fully understand if Ray broke from these early spiritualist type beliefs and practices and took a more rational route later in life, which is what appears to have happened. I don't think youthful mistakes, so to speak, should invalidate everything else he has done since. You have to admit, he is a pretty interesting character to say the least.

Back