• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

4/1/2012 Chris Lambright and Ray Stanford

It would be interesting to hear Ray comment on his early career as a trance medium... You have to admit, he is a pretty interesting character to say the least.
Ray's observational acuity is off the charts and this acuity is not limited to his tactile senses. Case in point: It was 2005 and I had just gotten out of bed and was making coffee when my girlfriend Naia announced out-of-the-blue that she wanted to go to the u-pick-it farm over by Pongo, VA. and pick blueberries so she could make some "blueberry pies." We were living in the tidewater area and there are several farms that allow you to pick your own fruits and vegetables. I was in the middle of working on Ray's biography and wanted to finish the chapter I had been working on the previous day, so I declined her offer to go help fill a couple of buckets of blueberries. But I really liked the idea of blueberry pie, as Naia is a superb dessert baker. I got my coffee, helped her locate a couple of buckets and as she left I went to read my morning emails. I noticed that I had just received an email from Ray in my inbox so I opened it up. It read: "Teleport me a piece of that blueberry pie." Needless to say I was flabbergasted and immediately called him to find out how he could have possibly known to write that coy remark. He downplayed it and said "its that time of year" or something like that. And that wasn't the only time. In late Fall 2007, Naia and I were in Sedona sitting in the living room talking w/ a couple friends when the subject of my upcoming appearance on Coast to Coast came up. I mentioned that I liked and respected George Knapp who was going to be the host on the show. At that instant, Ray called and asked me "what I thought of George Knapp." I forgot why he wanted my opinion, but the timing was within a few seconds--almost simultaneous. Some of you people sit in anonymity taking pot shots at an amazing individual you have never met, and never talked with (and there is borderline defamation going on --a couple of you are on thin ice.) Instead of asking polite questions you assume everything you read about the man is true without bothering to get the real facts. Typical armchair thinkers. How safe and comfy for you and your cute anonymous avatar. Say what you will about Ray's past (it has been misconstrued, confabulated and twisted out of recognition on the Internet, btw and I think this may be by design) but you cannot denigrate the man's astonishing abilities and his observational acuity which is literally off-the-charts. If anyone wants to get clarification about Ray: ask. Don't assume...

...we have lived a lifetime of Government's and their alphabet agency's hiding,obfuscating or fully denying the UFO phenomenon. That when denial of further understanding comes from within the UFO community itself.It just seems to sting more...
Apples and oranges! What parts of the following statements do you all not understand?
You DO NOT expose your scientific data publicly until you have had peer review. As Ray explained: he doesn't care about fame, notoriety, glory or money, he is only interested in the furthering scientific knowledge.

Some of you people sit in anonymity taking pot shots at an amazing individual you have never met, and never talked with (and there is borderline defamation going on --a couple of you are on thin ice.) Instead of asking polite questions you assume everything you read about the man is true without bothering to get the real facts. Typical armchair thinkers. How safe and comfy for you and your cute anonymous avatar. Say what you will about Ray's past (it has been misconstrued, confabulated and twisted out of recognition on the Internet, btw and I think this may be by design) but you cannot denigrate the man's astonishing abilities and his observation acuity which is literally off-the-charts. If anyone wants to get clarification about Ray: ask. Don't assume...

Am I to assume that you are talking about my comments here Chris, since you quoted me? Really? Do you think that describes me and my comments about Ray? I really would like to know.

...Right now Rays claims are indistinguishable from a hoax.]
Absolutely not true! I have seen the evidence, you have not. Don't make misinformed statements that verge on defamation.
I dont mind people making a buck or two pursuing their passion, my issue is when it comes at a cost to the genre itself.
When incidents like this are treated like carnival items, roll up roll up and pay your conference fees to see the amazing Ray stanford and his incredible UFO footage, with we the audience with a genuine interest in these things relegated to one born every minute status.
Once the primary motivation becomes fame and money, you are just another steven greer
Ray is not interested in fame, money or glory (well maybe a little glory) and your defaming statements are too much. Putting Ray and Greer in the same sentence is about as insulting as you can get. Ratchet back your frustration, dude, and phrase your comments better, please. I am pretty thin-skinned by some of these responses and you "mike" are skating on thin ice w/ this post. I know, it sucks, but YOU do not have a need to know. None of you do. Deal with it! Ray has extended an invitation to see his data at his convenience, I suggest you take him up on his offer before taking potshots at one of our true UFO pioneers and topshelf experts!

Am I to assume that you are talking about my comments here Chris, since you quoted me? Really? Do you think that describes me and my comments about Ray? I really would like to know.
No, you are one of our open-minded, but healthily skeptical posters---I wasn't pointing you out specifically. I'm just getting irritated at the devolving tone of this thread.

Like Mike said, good show, however in my opinion, Ray is full of it. This smells like an Imbrogno situation.

Edit: Ok, that might be a bit harsh, I am actually intrigued by Ray. I live right around the corner from him, if I could I would love to check out what he has.
Yeah, it was harsh! If you hadn't posted a disclaimer, I would have reacted even more harshly! If you are in his neighborhood, I'd suggest you contact him (and if you are sincere) I think he might be gracious enough to invite you over. Then again, maybe not. He'll pick right up on who you are and if you have an agenda--before you finish saying hello... I'll send you his email in PM.

Unfortunately I can't shake the feeling that Ray won't release his footage because the scrutiny it would come under would either show it to be incredibly underwhelming in of itself or worse be exposed under terse analysis as a total fake a la Billy Meier's supposed "evidence".
How many times must I say this? Ray's footage and analysis will be scrutinized by REAL physicists who will confirm or deny his findings not the public who wouldn't know a duck if it quacked and crapped on their birthday cake, let alone an anomalous aerial object exhibiting truly anomalous scientific principles. But dude, to put Ray in the same sentence as "Billy Meir"and hint that he is a fraud is inexcusable and bordering on defamation of character.

Your excuses like Ray's are lame, they are nothing short of dishonest dodges, the majority sentiment here including that of the shows host is that there are no good reasons not to present this footage....At the end of the day you come across with your last post as another micheal horn, promoting billy meier.... all bluff and no real stuff
Ray will have the last laugh and you will realize when his evidence is presented to the scientific field that what myself and Chris have been saying for years is spot on!

The rationale for witholding the footage is contrived, it IS all about getting invites to conferences etc etc, hes wasted his time in this field, yours and ours......You make the claim you provide the proof, otherwise its all noise
For the last time: YOU (and the public) at this time don't have a need to know. Ray is not interested in profiteering (obviously) nor is he at all interested in revealing his data and analysis at a "ufo conference" but he is interested in physics conferences. He has no obligation to provide you or anyone else with anything -- just for the sake of titillating the public. When you finally get this I will applaud you for coming to your senses.

Release your good work. It may have the profound effect of changing minds and getting the hard sciences finally involved in the field of Ufology.
(I sound like a broken record) Ray will release his material to the public after physicists get a chance to peer-review his work. That's how science is done---not the other way around. Please understand this distinction already people!

Chris have you seen these amazing UFO films? If you have on a scale of 1-10 how good are they in your view? If just one and only one of those videos is as amazing as Ray claims why not copyright it on release? One video been released immediately would hardly jeopardise Rays future presentation for peer-review would it?...Are the UFO'S clear as day or just blobs of light?
On a scale of 1 to 10? An 11. I have never seen footage that exhibits verifiable scientific improbabilities i.e., the optical collapse of the horizon, or 22 concentric Faraday rings of EM force like frames from Ray's films (not video) out through an airliner window. The amount of energy required to create the optical evidence he captured is almost incomprehensible! Ray's evidence and analytical work is historic, groundbreaking science--not a Billy Meir beamship or an Adamski lampshade adorned with half ping-pong balls trotted out to titillate the true-believer, jello-slurper crowd. Mark my words: Ray will have the last laugh. Not only is he the real deal---he's the only one (to my knowledge) that has this quality of slam-dunk scientific evidence (and accompanying analysis) that modern diagnostic science will find hard--if not impossible-- to debunk, refute or ignore.

Hi, Chris. Where does ray live? I mean, not his address but city or state. Do you think he would show his footage to a mere plebe like me? Not being sarcastic there. It's come up in this thread the possibility he would. I did write a post lamenting his refusal to release to the public, but I don't believe by any means it was inappropriate toward him personally (not that you said so). Also, to echo myself and someone else who thought it a good idea, do you think professor Myrabo would appear on the show? Not only regarding ray, who mentioned him, but about his own research in itself. I've done some reading about his work, but of course think it would be presumptuous of me to just call him up. His number is on his academic page.

There is a plethora of scientific journals out there. If Stanford wanted to get it published and reviewed by experts and scientists, he could easily write up a paper and have it published by one of the lesser known but still respected journals. One can only speculate on his reasons for not going this route.
Wrong! The best way is to interest an established physicist and have them present the evidence, data and analysis to their peers. Then, let the chips fall where they may....

I find that although I continue to be willing to give Ray Stanford the benefit of the doubt, it begins to wear a little thin. The whole bit about it only being shown to the worthy is tiresome and bit insulting. Don Ecker is finally going to release his moon photo realizing that it isn't doing anyone any good locked in a drawer somewhere.
Worthy? This is a subject that ALL are worthy to be informed about. But, there is a way you release/publish scientific data (broken record time) -- you let the experts have the first crack and then release it to the public... What part of this established protocol do you not understand?

Insulting? Why are you taking Ray's life work and decision to release it first to the scientific community personally? Like Ray said, if you are truly interested, he would be happy to show you his evidence in a private setting. Shoot him an email and book a trip to DC. It might change your reality view and educate you to boot!

Thank you Chris for clarifying and elaborating. I completely agree.

Quoting directly from this thread, my comments about Ray Stanford and his work would be as follows:

"propulsion research very interesting" -- indeed it is.

"smoking gun type footage" -- you'll see few super close-up "pretty pictures" of UFOs from Ray, but smoking guns, absolutely.

"My guess and its only that, is that this footage kept to himself will ensure he gets invites to the various conferences to present it." -- Ray has no interest in UFO conferences.

"I remember that quote from Chris - he was replying to me since I expressed doubt that Ray has what he says he has. I mean up close footage of a UFO - I don't think it's as clear as he says it is. Chances are that when we do see it, we'll all be underwhelmed." -- useless, petty speculation.

Yes we could hear the pain in Gene's voice asking over and over WHY is this not on YouTube?? -- maybe someday it will be.

It's frustrating. It doesn't make a difference if someone else rips off the image, which is one of Ray's excuses. You might as well never release any evidence about UFOs because somebody will fake it. Oh well. -- He's publicly offered you the opportunity to visit him and see the entire presentation. Buy a plane ticket and find out.

"This smells like an Imbrogno situation. Edit: Ok, that might be a bit harsh, I am actually intrigued by Ray. I live right around the corner from him, if I could I would love to check out what he has." -- hire a cab, go find out

"So, the way I see it, the paradigm change will never come from within the UFO community, no matter how many credible witnesses or legitimate photos or videos we can gather." -- right on, brother.

"Unfortunately I can't shake the feeling that Ray won't release his footage because the scrutiny it would come under would either show it to be incredibly underwhelming in of itself or worse be exposed under terse analysis as a total fake a la Billy Meier's supposed "evidence"." -- like from this forum?

"To add to the concern about the footage not being released is that Ray is getting on in years. What will happen to it after he dies? Will its availability vanish forever? That would be a tragedy." --Not to those of us who have made the effort to see it.

"Ray Stanford is the real-deal. I don't believe he is perpetrating a hoax. If anything, he may be insulating himself from the realization that; Project Starlight International did not achieve what he had hoped for. That is my opinion." -- Ray Stanford is the real-deal and Project Starlight achieved significant results.

"Maybe. But it would be helpful to the field for him to release this information and let it live or die by independent analysis." -- by whom... this forum?

"I do understand the caution anyone might have, and the tendency toward disbelief...it goes with the territory." -- right on!

"Release your good work. It may have the profound effect of changing minds and getting the hard sciences finally involved in the field of Ufology." -- I agree.

"I researched him a little on the Internet" -- absolutely no way to know about the work of Ray Stanford.

"There is a plethora of scientific journals out there. If Stanford wanted to get it published and reviewed by experts and scientists, he could easily write up a paper and have it published by one of the lesser known but still respected journals. One can only speculate on his reasons for not going this route." -- really? do you know anything about scientific journals?

"Oh well, I guess I can always pass the time until he decides to publish his material with some reading. Can anyone recommend one of his books? Which Ray Stanford classic is better: "Speak, Shining Stranger" or "What Your Aura Tells Me"?" -- they're both interesting, do you own them, have you read them? I have. Ray published neither, they were published by the AUM.

"Stanford has apparently been collecting data since the 1970ies" -- Stanford has been collecting and publishing data since 1956.

"I find that although I continue to be willing to give Ray Stanford the benefit of the doubt, it begins to wear a little thin. The whole bit about it only being shown to the worthy is tiresome and bit insulting." -- Find another hobby.

"I dont mind people making a buck or two pursuing their passion, my issue is when it comes at a cost to the genre itself.
When incidents like this are treated like carnival items, roll up roll up and pay your conference fees to see the amazing Ray stanford and his incredible UFO footage, with we the audience with a genuine interest in these things relegated to one born every minute status.
Once the primary motivation becomes fame and money, you are just another steven greer" -- Pathetic re-branding of Stanford's work!

"Chris have you seen these amazing UFO films?" -- I believe he has said so many times in past episodes.

"I agree with the prevailing sentiments that to make such claims as Mr. Stanford has without releasing the film is to beg and plead for the skepticism he is receiving in abundance." -- Have you done ANY research into the past work of Mr. Stanford? Do you own, or have you read the Socorro book?

"Can anyone shed light onto what Ray's motivation and/or intention is with being this involved in Ufology? It appears he has had numerous sightings and been lucky enough to even capture footage on film (referenced in this week's show)" -- you (bentupper) are the kind of individual that this field needs. Read, seek out, contact, and visit people like Stanford so that you may draw your own conclusions.

"he has never himself explained or mentioned his role in AUM" -- Stanford was not the founder, leader or on the board of directors of the AUM.

"Stanford's UFOdetector had an "attractor" feature that include a circle of lights that was supposed to gain the attention of flying saucer aliens! Simple and child-like in design, Stanford's circle of spinning lights, which displayed on and off at different intervals, is reminiscent of Steven Greer's ridiculous attempts at attracting UFOs by shining flashlights up into the sky. Stanford also had a "Precision Monitoring UFO Magnetometer" for use in the home:" -- this parroted bs from CSICOP is, at best, poorly written. They referenced bits and pieces from a Project Starlight project experiment and threw in Greer for fun.

"Stanford got deeply entangled with a 1950s cult called "Soulcraft." -- Stanford has no affiliation with "Soulcraft" or William Pelley, who died long before Stanford was ever born.

"Stanford stated that in the autumn of 1973 his car was, not once, but twice, teleported large distances while driving to the airport to pick up Uri Geller. Stanford stated that he (along with the car!) was transported some 30 miles in the blink of an eye. Stanford said that an entity that he had conjured called "Spectra" assisted in moving him and his vehicle instantaneously down a highway." -- another CSICOP tangle. Stanford does claim many strange occurrences during his times with Geller, but "Spectra" was first referenced in the Andrija Puharic book on Geller, a fascinating read, by the way. Anyone here taken the time to watch the SRI videos of Geller on YouTube or read this book? Stanford is not at all connected to Geller's "Spectra".

"At one time, Stanford promoted the construction of a machine that he called "the Hilarion Accelerator." This device, he claimed, would transport a living human being back in time." -- Was content taken out of context from a psychic reading by Stanford. File with Edgar Cayce and Atlantis. Ever read those books?

"Oh, and btw... In the 90ies Ray Stanford was apparently involved in paleontology!" -- is this another cult? Then for sure, he contributes to this day!

"It would be interesting to hear Ray comment on his early career as a trance medium and whether he views those early endeavors as still holding water or not." -- indeed it would.

Ray Stanford, since 1956, has been a participant in researching the question of extraterrestrial visitation, UFOs, the human mind, psychic abilities and whatever tools human beings have at their disposal to begin to comprehend what we see in our skies and what we might do to begin to understand this greater reality. He has been working diligently for over 60 years, through the often quoted Keyhoe period and contactee movements, the 60's and 70s paranormal frontier times and for over 40 years using instrumented research.

I'm an avid fan of ufological history. Most of these players are long gone but Stanford fortunately, is still around. Please show him some respect.

Thank you Chris for clarifying and elaborating. I completely agree.

Quoting directly from this thread, my comments about Ray Stanford and his work would be as follows:

"propulsion research very interesting" -- indeed it is.

"smoking gun type footage" -- you'll see few super close-up "pretty pictures" of UFOs from Ray, but smoking guns, absolutely.

"My guess and its only that, is that this footage kept to himself will ensure he gets invites to the various conferences to present it." -- Ray has no interest in UFO conferences.

"I remember that quote from Chris - he was replying to me since I expressed doubt that Ray has what he says he has. I mean up close footage of a UFO - I don't think it's as clear as he says it is. Chances are that when we do see it, we'll all be underwhelmed." -- useless, petty speculation.

Yes we could hear the pain in Gene's voice asking over and over WHY is this not on YouTube?? -- maybe someday it will be.

It's frustrating. It doesn't make a difference if someone else rips off the image, which is one of Ray's excuses. You might as well never release any evidence about UFOs because somebody will fake it. Oh well. -- He's publicly offered you the opportunity to visit him and see the entire presentation. Buy a plane ticket and find out.

"This smells like an Imbrogno situation. Edit: Ok, that might be a bit harsh, I am actually intrigued by Ray. I live right around the corner from him, if I could I would love to check out what he has." -- hire a cab, go find out

"So, the way I see it, the paradigm change will never come from within the UFO community, no matter how many credible witnesses or legitimate photos or videos we can gather." -- right on, brother.

"Unfortunately I can't shake the feeling that Ray won't release his footage because the scrutiny it would come under would either show it to be incredibly underwhelming in of itself or worse be exposed under terse analysis as a total fake a la Billy Meier's supposed "evidence"." -- like from this forum?

"To add to the concern about the footage not being released is that Ray is getting on in years. What will happen to it after he dies? Will its availability vanish forever? That would be a tragedy." --Not to those of us who have made the effort to see it.

"Ray Stanford is the real-deal. I don't believe he is perpetrating a hoax. If anything, he may be insulating himself from the realization that; Project Starlight International did not achieve what he had hoped for. That is my opinion." -- Ray Stanford is the real-deal and Project Starlight achieved significant results.

"Maybe. But it would be helpful to the field for him to release this information and let it live or die by independent analysis." -- by whom... this forum?

"I do understand the caution anyone might have, and the tendency toward disbelief...it goes with the territory." -- right on!

"Release your good work. It may have the profound effect of changing minds and getting the hard sciences finally involved in the field of Ufology." -- I agree.

"I researched him a little on the Internet" -- absolutely no way to know about the work of Ray Stanford.

"There is a plethora of scientific journals out there. If Stanford wanted to get it published and reviewed by experts and scientists, he could easily write up a paper and have it published by one of the lesser known but still respected journals. One can only speculate on his reasons for not going this route." -- really? do you know anything about scientific journals?

"Oh well, I guess I can always pass the time until he decides to publish his material with some reading. Can anyone recommend one of his books? Which Ray Stanford classic is better: "Speak, Shining Stranger" or "What Your Aura Tells Me"?" -- they're both interesting, do you own them, have you read them? I have. Ray published neither, they were published by the AUM.

"Stanford has apparently been collecting data since the 1970ies" -- Stanford has been collecting and publishing data since 1956.

"I find that although I continue to be willing to give Ray Stanford the benefit of the doubt, it begins to wear a little thin. The whole bit about it only being shown to the worthy is tiresome and bit insulting." -- Find another hobby.

"I dont mind people making a buck or two pursuing their passion, my issue is when it comes at a cost to the genre itself.
Once the primary motivation becomes fame and money, you are just another steven greer" -- Pathetic re-branding of Stanford's work!

"Chris have you seen these amazing UFO films?" -- I believe he has said so many times in past episodes.

"I agree with the prevailing sentiments that to make such claims as Mr. Stanford has without releasing the film is to beg and plead for the skepticism he is receiving in abundance." -- Have you done ANY research into the past work of Mr. Stanford? Do you own, or have you read the Socorro book?

"Can anyone shed light onto what Ray's motivation and/or intention is with being this involved in Ufology? It appears he has had numerous sightings and been lucky enough to even capture footage on film (referenced in this week's show)" -- you (bentupper) are the kind of individual that this field needs. Read, seek out, contact, and visit people like Stanford so that you may draw your own conclusions.

"he has never himself explained or mentioned his role in AUM" -- Stanford was not the founder, leader or on the board of directors of the AUM.

"Stanford's UFOdetector had an "attractor" feature that include a circle of lights that was supposed to gain the attention of flying saucer aliens! Simple and child-like in design, Stanford's circle of spinning lights, which displayed on and off at different intervals, is reminiscent of Steven Greer's ridiculous attempts at attracting UFOs by shining flashlights up into the sky. Stanford also had a "Precision Monitoring UFO Magnetometer" for use in the home:" -- this parroted bs from CSICOP is, at best, poorly written. They referenced bits and pieces from a Project Starlight project experiment and threw in Greer for fun.

"Stanford got deeply entangled with a 1950s cult called "Soulcraft." -- Stanford has no affiliation with "Soulcraft" or William Pelley, who died long before Stanford was ever born.

"Stanford stated that in the autumn of 1973 his car was, not once, but twice, teleported large distances while driving to the airport to pick up Uri Geller. Stanford stated that he (along with the car!) was transported some 30 miles in the blink of an eye. Stanford said that an entity that he had conjured called "Spectra" assisted in moving him and his vehicle instantaneously down a highway." -- another CSICOP tangle. Stanford does claim many strange occurrences during his times with Geller, but "Spectra" was first referenced in the Andrija Puharic book on Geller, a fascinating read, by the way. Anyone here taken the time to watch the SRI videos of Geller on YouTube or read this book? Stanford is not at all connected to Geller's "Spectra".

"At one time, Stanford promoted the construction of a machine that he called "the Hilarion Accelerator." This device, he claimed, would transport a living human being back in time." -- Was content taken out of context from a psychic reading by Stanford. File with Edgar Cayce and Atlantis. Ever read those books?

"Oh, and btw... In the 90ies Ray Stanford was apparently involved in paleontology!" -- is this another cult? Then for sure, he contributes to this day!

"It would be interesting to hear Ray comment on his early career as a trance medium and whether he views those early endeavors as still holding water or not." -- indeed it would.

Ray Stanford, since 1956, has been a participant in researching the question of extraterrestrial visitation, UFOs, the human mind, psychic abilities and whatever tools human beings have at their disposal to begin to comprehend what we see in our skies and what we might do to begin to understand this greater reality. He has been working diligently for over 60 years, through the often quoted Keyhoe period and contactee movements, the 60's and 70s paranormal frontier times and for over 40 years using instrumented research.

I'm an avid fan of ufological history. Most of these players are long gone but Stanford fortunately, is still around. Please show him some respect.

I couldn't resist chiming in on this: At least he tried. No scientific journal will touch UFO research with a 10 foot pole; propulsion theory, if submitted by a scientist within academia. Even if the film provides conclusive evidence of an anomalous phenomena, I doubt that it would have much of an impact on the scientific community. If a billion dollars in research grants were bade available for UFO research, the scientists would be lined up in droves.

Thank you Chris for clarifying and elaborating. I completely agree....I'm an avid fan of ufological history. Most of these players are long gone but Stanford fortunately, is still around. Please show him some respect.
Thanks Dave for taking the time to address these points as presented by frustrated Paracast forum posters. It is unfortunate that the media (and the culture in general) has front-loaded the masses around this subject. Ray, much to his credit, has painstakingly documented many AAO events that he (and others) personally experienced and has been fortunate enough to capture many of these events on analog film. When the time is right, this decades-long investigative and analytical process will be redeemed and acknowledged. Until then, we all need to be patient and let the process unfold correctly. Thanks again! You've seen the goods--as have I and Chris Lambright (and many others), and I think we can all agree that when the total scope of his work is fully revealed, Ray will not only be vindicated in the eyes of the casually-curious, but his AAO work will be acknowledged--much as his groundbreaking paleo/ichyno work has already been heralded by the mainstream scientific community.Ray has re-written the book on East Coast dinosaur studies. His AAO evidence, analysis and work will do the same for AAO studies!

Worthy? This is a subject that ALL are worthy to be informed about. But, there is a way you release/publish scientific data (broken record time) -- you let the experts have the first crack and then release it to the public... What part of this established protocol do you not understand?

I think I get it Chris.

Insulting? Why are you taking Ray's life work and decision to release it first to the scientific community personally? Like Ray said, if you are truly interested, he would be happy to show you his evidence in a private setting. Shoot him an email and book a trip to DC. It might change your reality view and educate you to boot!

Perhaps my language was a little extreme. I think I and others are probably more frustrated than insulted.

Like I think I've said before, I look forward to both reading your biography of the man and seeing the extent of his work at some future date.

Ray appears to have true passion for the field of ufology. Attacking him for being a cautious person, is not the way to go . The saucer mystery will not be solved by infighting. Thanks, Gene and Chris for another good show. Where can I see more of the photos Paul Bennewitz has taken?

Thanks Dave for taking the time to address these points as presented by frustrated Paracast forum posters. It is unfortunate that the media (and the culture in general) has front-loaded the masses around this subject. Ray, much to his credit, has painstakingly documented many AAO events that he (and others) personally experienced and has been fortunate enough to capture many of these events on analog film. When the time is right, this decades-long investigative and analytical process will be redeemed and acknowledged. Until then, we all need to be patient and let the process unfold correctly. Thanks again! You've seen the goods--as have I and Chris Lambright (and many others), and I think we can all agree that when the total scope of his work is fully revealed, Ray will not only be vindicated in the eyes of the casually-curious, but his AAO work will be acknowledged--much as his groundbreaking paleo/ichyno work has already been heralded by the mainstream scientific community.Ray has re-written the book on East Coast dinosaur studies. His AAO evidence, analysis and work will do the same for AAO studies!
Why publish science in peer-reviewed journals?

Why publish science in peer-reviewed journals? « Genomes Unzipped

Ray appears to have true passion for the field of ufology. Attacking him for being a cautious person, is not the way to go... The saucer mystery will not be solved by infighting.
You think?
Where can I see more of the photos Paul Bennewitz has taken?
We should ask my longtime friend Ron Regehr. He contacted PB in the early 1980s and corresponded with him at length. Ron had in his possession for many years large-format prints (on special film supplied by the government (?)) taken of a UFO close-encounter that AF officer Ernest Edwards and PB photographed while traveling to Dulce aboard a military chopper. Ron had these prints for years but lent them to Gabe Valdez before he died. He hasn't received them back, to my knowledge. I've never seen any reproductions of these photographs and I'll ask Ron to supply us w/a description. I may be confused on some of the facts, but this is my best recollection. [for you newbies: Ronald Regehr is chief investigator on Native American land for MUFON and was a longtime state director. He worked on optics teams helping engineer satellites and manned space flights through the 70s--80s--90s. His last big project before retiring was the DSP intelligence gathering satellite system.] He also knows more about SW Native petroglyphs than any white boy I know. [5:30 PT I just called Ron and mentioned that I had referenced his relationship w/ PB on the Paracast forum and he gave me an update...]

Back