• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2012 and the maya

Yes, Maya peoplez who were barbaric, knew more than all of us today. Yes, 2012 will be the end of the world. Just like 1999, 2000, 2001 and last week. Thanks to killing 13 yr old virgins, they can see into the future.

Don't forget throwing babies off cliffs to make it rain... such a noble, knowlegable people...

Don't forget throwing babies off cliffs to make it rain... such a noble, knowlegable people...

I get their antics confused with the Aztecs' shenanigans like ripping a beating heart out of a live human being for some glorious god, rituals involving blood drops from the penis pierced with a stingray spine, you know...the really spiritual stuff :cool:
I doubt that the bulk of these 2012 New Agers knew the difference between "Maya" and "Papaya" before all this started!

MJ flashback.
Michael Jackson?

I get on average maybe 20 messages/emails from people who support the whole 2012 scam. Most of the messages are abusive or threaten me in some way. I often wonder about the mental stability of these people.

Fear is big business and there are plenty of cultish personalities that will be attracted to doomsday predictions. I just hope for their sake, they learn from the hundreds of failed doomsday predictions in history.

A lot of guessing, nothing scientific to back up your opinions, guys. But, it is intriguing. To think about the possibilities. Did the ancient's seed our planet and leave a calendar telling when they will return? That is one question. Another, is this calendar somehow linked with the order of the universe with travel to all demensions opening up in this year? As far as Christians go, end of the world? I think not. Christ said only the Father knows the day. I don't think he told the Myans. And, another Christian note, from a baby boomer: Christians believe in very intelligent people in ancient civilizations, after all, Adam and Eve were made perfect and it all has been downhill since. All those mutations has only dumbed society. We'll probably turn into cave men if God doesn't stop it before. :D So, go ahead and dig.

A lot of guessing, nothing scientific to back up your opinions, guys.

Pot and kettle? There's nothing scientific to back up ANY of the Maya/2012 stuff or any of the Nibiru/rapture nonsense that accompanies it. Fairy tales and spooky legends do not a scientific argument make. The only thing that's known for sure is that the mayan calendar ends in 2012... except out caledar is off by approximately eight years thanks to Pope Gregory's fudging so it actually already ended back in 2004.

OOPS! World's still here.

Pot and kettle? There's nothing scientific to back up ANY of the Maya/2012 stuff or any of the Nibiru/rapture nonsense that accompanies it. Fairy tales and spooky legends do not a scientific argument make. The only thing that's known for sure is that the mayan calendar ends in 2012... except out caledar is off by approximately eight years thanks to Pope Gregory's fudging so it actually already ended back in 2004.

OOPS! World's still here.
Too many doomsday predictions out there, if something was ever going to happen it would most likely be a nuclear or asteroid type effect. We probably get some warning beforehand, It would not be a sudden flash and where gone, mayan 2012 is alot of old rubbish talked about through the centurys just forget it and everything will be ok:exclamation:

yknow, from what I hear it has nothing to do with doomsday, merely its supposed to be the end of the age, or somesuch.

Zodiacal Ages are quite interesting to me, The current one, Pisces, is reaching its last years. If anything I think the calendar ending around now would have more to do with that type of thing than Doomsday. That and they ran out of stone. ;)

It's alleged the Christian calendar is inaccurate. It's off by about 6 years. So, 2012 has come and gone. Did anyone notice any magical change in 2006? I'm convinced the entire 2012 theory is a practical joke.

Well, I'm still waiting for the Y2K bug to happen then. Maybe it'll come with Niburu. Then we can download it to the alien invasion force with the help of Jeff Goldblum.

Hey smart guy, do you have any idea how many millions of lines of code was rewritten to avoid the issues of Y2K? That wasn't media hype, it was the real deal. Would planes have fallen out of the sky or Nuke plants shut down? No I highly doubt it. But the issue was the amount of money and services that were at stake. Millions of computers and servers alone had to have BIOS upgrades just so they could function properly. Could you imagine if The Wall Street systems started spitting out the wrong data ( they tested their systems and this indeed would have happened). Billions of dollars would have been affected. How about the banking infrastructure around the world?

Most of the Nuke sites in Russia and the FAA systems were using embedded OS that predated the actual issue so it wasn't affected. Our FAA is using equipment from the seventies, well were. I think they started upgrading since then.

alucard on ,just wanted to say that I think it is also nothing more than mathamatics and everyone with an agenda is using it for their own purposes. I just wanted to check in and say what I thought thanks alucard

Hey smart guy, do you have any idea how many millions of lines of code was rewritten to avoid the issues of Y2K? That wasn't media hype, it was the real deal. Would planes have fallen out of the sky or Nuke plants shut down? No I highly doubt it. But the issue was the amount of money and services that were at stake. Millions of computers and servers alone had to have BIOS upgrades just so they could function properly. Could you imagine if The Wall Street systems started spitting out the wrong data ( they tested their systems and this indeed would have happened). Billions of dollars would have been affected. How about the banking infrastructure around the world?

Most of the Nuke sites in Russia and the FAA systems were using embedded OS that predated the actual issue so it wasn't affected. Our FAA is using equipment from the seventies, well were. I think they started upgrading since then.

Screw the lines of code...do you know how much money was made with bogus Y2K software? If Y2K were an issue then it was overshadowed by the people who took advantage of it.

Honestly...all those corporations that spent major $$$ becoming Y2K compliant would have saved a whole lot of cash if they just used a Mac. :D

This thread is a classic case of not being able to say "I don't know."

I don't know either but I find it hard to have a discussion about this with people who haven't read, The Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye: Alchemy and the End of Time, by Jay Weidner & Vincent Bridges.

Of any book about 2012 that one cries out for an answer. Essentially, what the authors have done is decoded some riddles by one of those shady secret society alchemists (who may not have been a single person but one pen name for many) named Fulcanelli. This led them to decode the symbols of the cross at Hendaye. What does all of this decoding lead to? It leads to 2012 where there's going to be great earth-shattering cataclysms.

Why should we believe them?--Because ultimately the cross and Fulcanelli act as a treasure map leading the authors to giant caverns in Peru that were built to wait out the catastrophe. Who built the tunnels? Why?

They are sealed up by the government, ostensibly so that wanderers don't get lost in them--that is how extensive they are.

Assuming the authors aren't lying, someone explain to me why all the Davinci Code action around this simple little stone cross at the border of Spain & France leading to a network of safety tunnels in South America.

Anyone here read that book? Did you walk away unimpressed? I can't imagine that's possible so if you did...why?

EDIT: I'm reading the 1-star reviews on Amazon for some insight. So far none of them can answer how if the authors are wrong they were led to the exact locations of the mouths of these tunnels. That's the sticking point for me: There is the proof that they translated everything correctly.

So, what excuse will the 2012 cult have in 2013 if nothing happens? The same one used in 2003 when Planet X never arrived?

I'm sure they're going to have another BS, money making venture up their sleeve. I guess we'll all know in due time.

So, what excuse will the 2012 cult have in 2013 if nothing happens? The same one used in 2003 when Planet X never arrived?

I'm sure they're going to have another BS, money making venture up their sleeve. I guess we'll all know in due time.

2020, 2036 and 2050 have already been announced by various groups as "backup" dates for armaggedon...

Back