• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

2012 and the maya

Free episodes:

POKE 53280,0 (Turns the commodore 64 screen black.)

There was a Poke number which speeded up the processor in the Dragon 32 computer. Can't quite remember what it was now but it was basically an early form of overclocking. Well I never :D.

The cheapest Mac, the mini, is $599 US. There is no "G" series. Hasn't been since the Power Mac G5 in 2005. Apple has used Intel chips since 2006.

The mini mac is doesn't even come close to the horse power I need. I just built a Quad 4 (Overclocked) system with 4 gig and dual crossfire ATI cards and that thing friggin smokes. I have a full tower case and the heat sink barely fits. It stands like 7 inches off the CPU connected with copper tubing. It looks like something sticking out of the hood of a hemmi baracuda. I had to put XP Pro on there (No Vista for me) but I would have preferred a dual or VMware Virtual setup with OSx. But I had to stick with Linux and XP pro.

really i dont think anything will happen, it will just be another day. i could be wrong but all it means to me is there calander rolls over for another 5000 years.

Meltdown is a warning the world can't afford to ignore

I don't believe we are going to see much in 2012. How about 2011?

Every time I read stuff like this - time and time again the science has been overtly optimistic - I just worry one day we'll wake up and realise the data needs plotting on a logarithmic scale.

The chances of armageddon increase as our population grows - and humanity has now populated all the corners of it's petri dish - is it so unreasonable to assert that 2012 may be something we should take a bit more seriously?

The fact remains - humanity has in the last 30 or so years acquired the skills, knowledge and tools and growth to create or inherit a global holocaust.
The uncertainty for myself is not will it happen, it is when will it happen?
some said it was 1997, some said it was 2000, 2002, 2007.....

Every time we pick that straw and discard it, the probability of picking the right one is increased at the next go.

I understand that people expect some kind of status quo - and have an inborn sense of immortality,optimism and continuity. But, nature in which we are components is cyclical - and tends to follow a boom and bust trend - summer to winter, heatwaves to thunderstorms.

I don't know about you - but I just feel the sickly heat and asphixating air in our political, environmental and economical systems is about to release an explosion - and, to be honest - I am looking forward to it - I need to gasp that fresh air!!

I am not psychic, a clairvoyant nor an astrologist - I just can feel something big coming, and to be even more controversial - I think you can feel it too.

I also feel something big is coming. December 22, 2012. That will be the date all the peddlers of the 2012 myth will resort to the safety net of excuses and those who've profited will fall back on claims it was "just a theory".

Something "big" is always just about to happen and when it does, many will claim to have seen it coming.

I personally don;t think armageddon has anything to do with the population of the planet.

"is it so unreasonable to assert that 2012 may be something we should take a bit more seriously?" - yes, it is...unreasonable. Why not 2013, 2022 or 2000050? There is no logical reason why 2012 is so important and no supportive scientific evidence.

We took the gold. We took the rubber. We took the hardwoods. We took the calendar. What do these poor people have left? Oh, yeah...a broad diversity of potato cultivars. Let the plunder continue.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I've never heard the album or much from Rush. I've been on an album purchasing frenzy of late and maxing out my media player. Might have to look into 2112.

I've never heard the album or much from Rush. I've been on an album purchasing frenzy of late and maxing out my media player. Might have to look into 2112.
One of the few Rush albums I can listen to. They are so deep in John Travolta's closet...c'mon Guys, just go Disco.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

One of the few Rush albums I can listen to. They are so deep in John Travolta's closet...c'mon Guys, just go Disco.

Hmmmmm....John Travolta? On second thought, maybe I'll just stick to my metal. ;)

Ahhh, where'd all this doomsday stuff come from? Plus the actual date of 12/21/12 (which is obviously made-up bogus). As far as im aware with 2012 they only believed it to be a time of change for mankind (a shift in consciousness) due to the Earth and the Sun being inline with the galactic center or something along those lines.

After all the hype is done, does anyone know anyone else who actually believes this stuff? If you search the web you get instant hits on sites, of course. I found one 'believer list' that includes the likes of Shirley McClaine. But my impression is that this really isn't such a big deal, that the belief in this, though perhaps widely spread geographically, does not include a significant number of people. It's just that the web allows this stuff to proliferate more easily. Without the web we'd have a book or two, plus a few articles in UFO Magazine and Atlantis Rising, and that would be it.

I was at a gas station filling a couple of new propane tanks this weekend. The attendant was a young man with huge holes in his ears and we got to talking about survivalists. I mentioned 2012 and he just said, 'I dunno, I think that stuff is just bullshit.' Seems to me most people feel that way. I've never met anyone who actually believes it myself.

After all the hype is done, does anyone know anyone else who actually believes this stuff?
Based on the best I've gathered from my sources, the Maya themselves don't put much in it. I have friends in Belize who have been studying the Mayan glyphs and calendrical system since the 70's. This end of the World crap cracks them up. Western culture treated the Mayans as discarded human rubbish until they heard the sky might fall.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson says it all...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

what do you think of 12/21/12 as the end times? how about the maya?

There Is No Planet-X

THE NIBIRU HOAX

This contact contains so much amazing information about the ages and configurations of our universe, dark matter, some 280 existing elements, the number of races (human and otherwise) in the universe, as well as clarification for some popular but very incorrect information about the so-called Planet-X, Nibiru, the Anunnaki, etc.

Perhaps someday the know-it-all scientists, as well as the failed skeptics and the people in the so-called "UFO community" (who continue to waste their time chasing lights in the sky and crying because the government won't tell them the truth) will all discover the wealth of valuable information that sits right under their noses.

We are grateful again to Dyson Devine and Vivienne Legg for providing us with this valuable, authorized but unofficial translation.

Pleiadian/Plejaren Contact Reports Volume 5
228th Contact
Monday, May 1st, 1989, 6:05PM
Pages 472-478
[Quetzal: and Quetzal, continued]

Billy:
…our astronomical scientists continue to stubbornly assert that our universe is only just 8 -15,000,000,000 years old.

They have no idea that the visible universe is only one of seven belts of the universe.

They have no idea at all about the belt of our material universe, in which we exist materially, while on the inner side and the outer side of our visible, material-universe belt yet six further fine-matter belts exist.

Our scientists also have no idea that the entire universe constitutes a double
spiral and egg shaped Creation, and so on.

The entire universe, with an age of around 46,000,000,000,000 years, reckoned from the Big Bang up to today, will indeed expand up to the point in time of 155,500,000,000,000 years, to then, through a contraction, collapse upon itself again.

During its expansion, the material belt, respectively, our visible universe, is - through a nearly endless process of transformation - constantly renewed and therefore always stays young.

The oldest material that you have found is close to 40,000,000,000 years old, while we here on the Earth still have obtained no such material, and for that reason our scientists also dwell in erroneous assumptions.
Now, after my long speech, my question is: when - after the coming into existence of the material belt, respectively, our visible material universe - did the first stars actually form?

In my opinion, this process must have gone very fast.

Quetzal:
78. That is unknown to us, and besides, your question can also not be answered in this manner.

79. You must start from the point at which the last great process of transformation-and-renewal of the material universe - therefore of our visible material universe - took place nearly 17,000,000,000 years ago.

80. Thereby, in the inner part of the outer regions of the material universe belt - not in the outermost part of the actual transformation areas - at a distance of around 14,000,000,000 light years from the solar system, new stars formed again which, after around 187,000,000 years of the latest great transformation process, began to radiate and shine.

81. And, in the next decades, these stars will also be discovered by the terrestrial astronomical scientists.

82. Only, unfortunately, they will again draw false conclusions from that, as they have already done so often.

Billy:
And how, then, do these stars in the transformation belt come into being, if I may ask?

Quetzal:

83. That does not fall under our secrecy provisions.

84. The new material which comes into being through the renewal, respectively, through the transformation, condenses under the enormous universal gravity and in this way it forms - by way of a compression of the mass - a stellar body which becomes more dense and develops a tremendously hot life of its own.

Billy:
Easily said, but surely a process which takes many millions of years.
But, with that, I am already at my next question: is it possible to make a determination about the material mass in our visible material universe if one completely excludes the other six belts?

Quetzal:
85. It would be unscientific and arrogant to want to do this, because the entire expanse of our universe is so big and involved in a continuous transformation, that a precise calculation is impossible.

86. Besides, our universe - as naturally also every other - consists not only of coarse-matter material, rather also of pure energies, of which one is black energy, as we call it, and is responsible for a certain form of anti-gravity in the material universe and, according to estimates, constitutes three fifths of all universal energies.

87. Matter must also be visible in various forms, so dark matter, on one hand, directs the visible and tangible matter which, very meagre, is calculated at circa point five fifths of the galaxies, while, on the other hand, the dark matter yet amounts to one point five fifths.

88. However, as stated, these data are only based on assumptions and calculations based on estimations, which, as a result of the visible, material universe's continuous transformation, are not constant, rather they are extremely changeable.

89. To want to name precise results would therefore be nonsensical and arrogant and laughable as well, because precise computations cannot be made because of the universe's continuous change.

Billy:
One could indeed say with justification that our universe's material belt is essentially governed by black energy - or?

Quetzal:
90. That is of correctness.

Billy:
We do know that the entire universe will not expand forever, it will expand only until 155,500,000,000,000 years from now and then succumb to the contraction.

With the expansion process of the entire universe, the visible material universe also always gets bigger, if I regard the whole thing correctly.
And because that has to be like that, differing temperatures would probably also have to rule in our universe, because, I assume, warm and cold must come into being through the constant movement of change.
Am I on the right track with my assumption?

There is no planet-x the nibiru hoax

There Is No Planet-X

THE NIBIRU HOAX - continuation...

Quetzal:
91. That is of correctness.

92. The temperature fluctuations are, however, universe-wide, and very minimal, yet they emerge primarily in those parts of our material universe, in which the uninterrupted change occurs by means of the outer immaterial belt.

93. It thereby concerns itself with the transition-less open transformation zone, as we call it.
Billy:
This zone of change engenders a soughing sound, as Ptaah taught me on the great trip. I was also permitted to hear it over the technical device in the Great Spacer. It was simply gigantic.

Ptaah explained to me that the Earthlings name this phenomenon cosmic background radiation and assume that that is the zone where the Big Bang took place and that the end of the universe is also there.

Quetzal:
94. Which does not correspond to accuracy, as you know.
Billy:

Naturally, because indeed the essential entire universe first begins there, with its six other immeasurable belts.
Ptaah also said that the temperature differences are actually only very slight and therefore only tiny variations underlie them which emerge as a result of fluctuations, which would be evoked in all regions of our universe through differences in density.

Quetzal:
95. You are a human with a very noteworthy memory.

96. Your exposition corresponds to accuracy.

Billy:
Ptaah and you as well as Semjase have said that our Milky Way has about 570,000,000,000 suns with planets, but that, in addition to that, there are only about 7,000,000 smaller and bigger solar systems with planets on which higher forms of life exist. Are planetary satellites, respectively, moons also included therein?

Quetzal:
97. Yes, because in certain solar systems with enormous central suns there are planetary giants with tremendous gravity which are too big to be able to bear higher forms of life, while their moons, however, are very much in a position to do that.

98. In your understanding, we do not, however, call these objects which bear life moons, rather planet-planets.

Billy:
Quite so, because they are actually planets of a mother-planet - or?

Quetzal:
99. That is of correctness.

Billy:
And the 7,000,000 solar systems in our galaxy with planets, on which higher forms of life exist: does that collectively deal only with human civilizations?

Quetzal:
100. No
101. The universe with all its galaxies is very thinly settled with human forms of life, whereby that also includes dimensions shifted in time and space, respectively, all existing space-time configurations.

102. Many planets and moons carry only very lowly microscopic organic life, or only forms of life like mammals, birds, fish, beetles and insects, and so forth, which have nothing to do with higher forms of life.

Billy:
Then I have misunderstood some things, because I was of the view that you have always spoken in such a way that indicated that the forms of life were only humans.

Quetzal:
103. Then you have succumbed to an error, if you have assumed that the approximately 7,000,000 solar systems with their planets only correlate to human civilizations.

104. Perhaps you have really ...

Billy:
.. understood something wrongly.

Quetzal:

105. That is what I wanted to say.

106. Known to us, in this galaxy, are only 2,630,000 highly developed human civilizations, which actually belong together, whereby, from other galaxies known to us, a further 1,141,000,000 can be factored in.

107. We know of 1,040,000 civilizations which are developed to an essentially low level in this galaxy which you call the Milky Way.

108. Our scientists estimate that in the entire universe about 6,000,000,000,000 to 7,000,000,000,000 essentially human civilizations, of higher and lower form, would have to exist in your material space-time configuration.

Billy:
What do you understand by "human civilization which essentially belong together"?

continue...

There Is No Planet-X

THE NIBIRU HOAX - continuation...final

Quetzal:
109. That phrase is to be understood as meaning unity of collective progress, which is created through science and technology and thereby also includes developed and improved medical, social and material living conditions, and so forth.

Billy:
There are very clever people on the Earth who assert that the solar system consists of twelve planets, whereby the Sun and the Earth's Moon are also counted as planets. And since until now only the nine planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are known - therefore nine - yet another planet is made up and added with the name of Niburu, and further labels such as Anus, Planet-X, Marduk, Phaeton, Olam, Vulkan and Persephone, and so forth.

So, together with the Sun and the Earth's Moon, and Niburu, the stupid thesis of twelve planets in the solar system is supposedly proven.

The Anunnaki people supposedly lived on Niburu and they supposedly gave all kinds of help to the Earth humans.

As a young wandering planet, the planet Niburu - as it is asserted today - was supposedly captured by our solar system around 4,000,000,000 years ago, and - always according to this assertion - it then developed.

Niburu is meant to have thereby penetrated into the inner solar system and effected, respectively, evoked, certain alterations of the inner planets and moons before it disappeared again to then become aligned into an orbital period of 3,600 years. And - in opposition to that which corresponds to the truth, that the Earth fundamentally formed from material from space, from gas, planetoids, and so forth, and that the Earth's Moon, as a satellite from your space-time configuration, was captured by the Earth - it is asserted that the Earth had been a part of the planet Tiamat and our Moon was once the largest moon of Tiamat.

Niburu's last pass through the solar system supposedly occurred about 160 years before Jmmanuel's birth.

What is to be made of all that?

Quetzal:

110. These stories are known to me, because I have studied diverse ancient terrestrial texts, also including many cuneiform tablets, among others.

111. That is why I know that the humans in Akkadia, Babylon and in Sumer already knew the planets of the solar system, and so forth.

112. However, that which emerges from old texts regarding the Annunaki and the planet Niburu is based on mythological facts as well as beliefs, misguidance and erroneous assumptions.

113. The Annunaki beings were a pure imagination of the Earth humans, who, full of fantasy and according to their beliefs, fabricated the "Annunaki people from the planet Niburu", as the giant shape in the sky appeared, which truly did not deal with an actual planet, rather it concerned an uncommonly big comet, which actually does have an orbital period around the solar system of around 3,600 years.

114. That therefore only entered as myth into the imagination of the ancient Earth humans. Indeed, it truly never existed, because the comet is not in a position to bear human life.

115. It must be said in addition to that, that the designation Phaeton is completely wrongly used, because Phaeton was the planet which was destroyed by its inhabitants, namely Malona, which shattered into thousands of pieces and today forms the asteroid belt.

116. Regarding the planet Malona, respectively, Phaeton, it is also wrongly asserted that that was the planet from which the Earth and its Moon arose.

117. Tiamat, namely, is a designation born of an old Earth language, for the planet Phaeton, respectively Malona, which was destroyed through human irrationality.

118. Now the only thing still to say is that a big planet, with great speed, on the other side of the Sun, orbits the star and can therefore never be seen from the Earth.

119. It deals thereby with an uninhabited planet which we have given the name "Kathein", which, however, will drift out of the solar system in the time to come.

120. But that does not concern the aforementioned comet.

121. And apart from that there are yet two different belts on the other side of the orbit of Pluto, in which comets and wandering planets move, a great number of which penetrate into the inner solar system at regular, periodic - albeit sporadic - intervals.

122. Thereby diverse ones of these can also sporadically endanger the solar planets, which, again and again, at greater intervals in time, also leads to comets actually impacting with planets.

Billy:
Can you please explain somewhat more about that?

continue...

Back