• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast With Gene?

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast with Gene?

• Greg Bishop

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Don Ecker

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Micah A. Hanks

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paul Kimball

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Christopher O'Brien

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • David Sereda

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Frank Warren

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Joshua P. Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above!

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
Holy shit. I take a break from listening to the show for 5 months only to come back and see that Dave is leaving? What's up with that!

My personal choice would be Don Ecker, but he has obvious commitments to his other show. So my second personal choice would be Greg Bishop.

My personal choice would be Don Ecker, but he has obvious commitments to his other show. So my second personal choice would be Greg Bishop.

Most of you realize that there are several factors. One is availability, next is chemistry, and I can't really determine that, so it's best for you listeners to tell me what guest hosts seem to work best.

We'll have to see. Two shows are nailed down with Frank Warren. One for the 28th, and one for March 7th. We are working on other shows with other possible co-hosts, but the work has only begun.

You and David shared a great on air chemistry, I completely agree . Davids replacement would not necessarily need to be a carbon copy, but still have humor and also be unafraid to question ridiculous claims and refute guests that are clearly talking out of their you know what :)

Hey, I just thought of a reason it should be Sereda! First name David, six-letter, three syllable last name, even the stress on the second syllable. Bee-ED-nee, Se-REE-duh!

You could change all the Paracast ID's from "You're in the Paracast with Gene Steinberg and David Biedny" to "...Gene Steinberg and David Sereda" with a minimum of editing! :D

(do I even need to say "just kidding...?"

Just remembered that the show ends at 8PM PST Sundays which is when my show starts, I'd need to bow out at least 1/2 hour before the end or change my show time, or take myself out of the running.

Just remembered that the show ends at 8PM PST Sundays which is when my show starts, I'd need to bow out at least 1/2 hour before the end or change my show time, or take myself out of the running.

Greg,

FWIW, no you wouldn't. The show is pre-recorded so no conflict. Just thought I would let you know.

Don
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bill Birnes? I think he's looking for work.

I'd blow my tonsils out the back of my neck with a shotgun.

Though im sweet with any of the names on the poll (exluding Joshua P. Warren because im not fimiliar with him) except Sereda unless The Paracast is intened to be tagged as a comedy podcast.

First time ive posted since hearing the news of David.

+1 to the tally of cheers, all the best, Man.

I'd blow my tonsils out the back of my neck with a shotgun.

Though im sweet with any of the names on the poll (exluding Joshua P. Warren because im not fimiliar with him) except Sereda unless The Paracast is intened to be tagged as a comedy podcast.

First time ive posted since hearing the news of David.

+1 to the tally of cheers, all the best, Man.

Well, 'serial' paracast listeners know that Gene can't go wrong with any of the poll-inductees (Sereda would be a treat though :p ). Maybe one of the more liked guys each month if they got the time and the chemistry fits ?

Well, 'serial' paracast listeners know that Gene can't go wrong with any of the poll-inductees (Sereda would be a treat though :p ). Maybe one of the more liked guys each month if they got the time and the chemistry fits ?

That's something I thought would be a good idea too, and if someone clicks, they could be considered for a permanent spot until David comes back (which I hope he does.)

That's something I thought would be a good idea too, and if someone clicks, they could be considered for a permanent spot until David comes back (which I hope he does.)

Would be awesome really, although all you guys got schedules to deal with as well I guess(great shows with Don btw Greg, both of them), but 'trying' out (well, sounds odd in this occasion..)and rotating the co-hosts sure cant hurt. Don is busy as hell right now, and I got my vote cast, but it would be great for us listeners to have some rotating going on there now.You would rock Greg, not just saying it, over the past months I listened to all your archived radiomysterioso shows.

Dave Sereda was on the list, but not Bruce Goldberg?!?!?! Bruce could do the hosting without pausing even once to take a breath. Bruce also is good friends with time travelers, so if an interview just isn't working, he could just rewind time and start over.

I cannot seriously improve on the list of people suggested.

Paul Kimball would be outstanding, but he's probably way too busy with his own projects. I agree with many of the other nominations put forth but all of them are probably too busy to commit to it every week. On the other hand, a tag-team of a few of the most respected individuals is probably what is most likely.

Thanks for the props. I'm never too busy for the Paracast. :)

Back