• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast With Gene?

Free versions of recent episodes:

Who Should Co-Host The Paracast with Gene?

• Greg Bishop

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Don Ecker

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Micah A. Hanks

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Paul Kimball

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Christopher O'Brien

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • David Sereda

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Frank Warren

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Joshua P. Warren

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above!

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

owlman

Paranormal Maven
So , now that we've heard of the very sad news that David is taking a break from co-hosting the show ( we can hope he'll return some day ) , who do you think is bold enough, has the balls to ask the hard questions, and basically, who has the same on air chemistry with Gene ?

I've already thought of a few folks. Top of my list would have been Mac Tonnies, but as you all know , he is no longer with us:frown:

How about having Gene and Don Ecker team up !! ???

Over the past six months I have been a guest on several dozen radio shows and podcasts talking about my latest book. Unlike the nineties where I was forced to answer questions by clueless hosts of drive-time talk-radio shows in major markets, this latest go around has exposed me to the "best" of the up2speed paranormal subject hosts. I must say, sadly, that there are only a handful of shows that deserve a serious listen by those with a deep interest in paranormal subjects. Besides Dave and Gene (whom I consider to be the very best in the biz) I am most impressed with the following hosts: Any of these would make (IMO) excellent guest hosts to help Gene out in the interim.

(in no particular order :)

Greg Bishop
George Knapp
John Greenewald
Tim Binnall
Micah Hanks
Joshua Warren
Don Ecker (I haven't been on his show, but enjoy listening to DM)

Unfortunately, most hosts DO NOT do their homework and are not prepared (or have a clue how) to ask the tough questions. This should be a real let-down to their guests. I hate it when I'm asked by a producer to "send us a dozen questions to ask you." Fortunately, paranormal subject matter is not for lightweights and the cream generally rises to the top, so the above get my vote as the best in this field full of wannabe's and poseur personalities. I could name names and ID mustaches and name droppers but...

I think George Knapp would be ideal if he can spare the time. Don Ecker would be great until David gets back on board, but doing Paracast might take something away from his own shows. Kevin Randle's got a decent radio style. Maybe a member of the boards? Robbie Williams! Yay! (jokes)

I hate change, it takes me a while to adjust and then I'm fine. :)

Paul Kimball would be outstanding, but he's probably way too busy with his own projects. I agree with many of the other nominations put forth but all of them are probably too busy to commit to it every week. On the other hand, a tag-team of a few of the most respected individuals is probably what is most likely.

Well I still can't believe David has left :(

Greg Bishop would be a great host, and Don obviously would be my number one vote but he already has his own radio show to contend with. It would definately have to be someone who has very strong opinions of the topic as that is where David really stands out.
I cant really think of anyone else to be honest

Howdy all, and for those folks that suggested me as a co-host with Gene ... Thank You All. I told Gene that on an individual basis I will be more than happy to help him out any way I can. It would be impossible to commit to the show on a semi-permanent basis since I have a 5 day a week show now. However if a week comes up and he needs someone, I will be more than happy to fill in.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Don
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Blimey ... I don't come in here for a while and all hell breaks loose. Sad to hear dB "leaving" but thats understandable. This field gets into your head and you can easily be driven to drink or something worse. Thats the reason why I've not been around that much here recently ... not that anyone noticed of course :D.

Annnyway ... my nominations would be ... in no particular order:

Sir Don Ecker
Sir Greg Bishop (but of course what would happen to Radio Misterioso?? :eek:)
Sir Frank Warren
Lady Dee Andrew (ha ... thought I would throw in a total wild card just to annoy people ... and she's not so bad on her own programme, Eye to the Sky ... although her the quality of her guests can be a bit hit and miss)
[Lady Rob Simone ... :D]
Sir Christopher O'Brien (cos he's got a cool hat :D)
Sir Peter Robbins
Sir Nicholas Redfern

[oh and please not Tim Binnall ... pleaaseeee ... nooo I really couldn't stand the paiiin ... or indeed Bill Birnes ... the agony ... the horror ... the suffferrrrinnggg ... warrghhhhh]

Anyway just a few names that came to mind ...

Even though Chris hasn't suggested himself (I think) he's done hundreds (thousands?) of interviews for his research and knows the biz. Another vote for him.

Even though Chris hasn't suggested himself (I think) he's done hundreds (thousands?) of interviews for his research and knows the biz. Another vote for him.

I also hosted and produced the monthly Mysterious Valley Report on the SLV's local PBS radio station from 94-99. Had a bunch of A-list guest interviews: Ted Philips, Stan the Man, Tom Adams, David Perkins, Linda Howe, Hoagy, Tracy Torme etc.

Back