• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

icculus

Paranormal Maven
Would love to hear opinions on this...

Whitley Strieber recently hosted C2C with this She-Ra wannabe "time-shifter" named Starfire Tor. The story is mundane as hell. Basically Whitley's wife and Starfire Tor go into a bathroom and don't notice someone in there with them.

Instead of a simple, mundane explanation such as just not noticing the woman, brainfart, or prank, it has to be a timeslip into another dimension. Unreal. The icing on the cake is that this event took place in a Magic / Comedy theatre.

How can anyone take Whitley seriously? This is a joke.

Read all about it. *The animated background image definitely lends crediblity to this astounding case

http://www.starfiretor.com/TL-AnomalyMagicCastle-7-15-06.htm

Check the site out. There are some pictures in there were Starfire Tor is riding a horse in what looks like a She-Ra / Wonder Woman costume.

That's great to hear. Now we can actually get it from the horse's (no pun intended) mouth instead of a bunch of snarky comments that go on and on and on.....

Although, I do agree with icculus that it has a very mundane (brain fart, not noticing) explanation it is still good that we will be able to hear first hand.

Ooooooo I'm glad you started this thread, icculus. I -did- listen to the first half of that c-2-c show. Sorry Forum Admins, but------once again, "WTF Is This Sh*t???" She is supposed to be thee most accurate prophettess Whitley ever laid eyes on. Now, I was getting sleepy and Snooooooory, Well, I thought I was going to physically harm my radio, when Whitley teased, "Stay tuned and listn close, because what you will hear next (Profit--tess'es predictions for the world in 2011) will be hard for you to hear. (As in, this Oracle is gonna break Dr-Doom on all your arses. She is gonna make 'Major' Ed Dames sound mild, by comparison. Better go out and stock up on freeze-dried water). Upon her return following the required commercials breaks, she forewarns that Dolphins will be deemed people too, and that the economy will improve, when everyone is put prosperously and productively to work within walking distance, but the source of employment is un known by her yet. Me-thinks, if we send her a bunch of money, her future-memory will start revving up.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Someone ask Whitley if he has had a complete CAT scan.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

(And NOT for implants!)

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

(And NOT for implants!)

LoL. Mister Communion has more guts that I credited him for, if he's going to appear on the Paracast. Heck, they should make a special forum link for our questions.

It's been a long time since I read his books but I believe the answer is yes. I think there used to be something about on it his website as well.

He has written some pretty wild stuff since Communion, like The Key which was pretty much it for me. I haven't read anything by him since.

Whitley is a guy who claims to have flown in a UFO, to have received implants, to have had relationships of various types with Visitors, and to have traveled through time and dimensions amongst other things. What do you ask a guy like that?

Questions:
"Why do thing there is little or no forensic evidence available after so many decades of what at times have been reportedly very intimate contact with the Visitors by yourself and others?"
"What are your thoughts on methodologies for establishing evidence for their existence and activities? For example, I believe I heard you mention (correct me if I'm wrong) the use of MIRs to determine if abduction memories were from experience or imagination in a previous interview. Has any progress been made there?

I purchased Communion from Amazon last week. I received it a couple of days ago in the post. I have read fifty or so pages so far. Whitley constantly mentions he never had a real interest in UFO'S before the encounter with the beings seen December 26 1985. but on page 27 his said, his brother give him a present of a UFO book. This book was given to him before the 25th of December, i would presume. He his wife and his son were they only people staying at the cabin that night, so it likely, he received it before the 25th of December.

Why would his brother give him a UFO book, if he had no real interest in the subject. I think it fairly obvious even if this experience happened. Whitley in 1985 had before this a keen or strong interest in this subject. I not sure if this sours his credibility, but in my mind, he was well aware of what was happening in the field before, this alleged encounter. Not really a question just found it interesting that is all.

Anyone interested in Whitley Streiber should read Report on Communion by Ed Conroy. There is video of Conroy talking about the book out there. I think I posted it to Paracast TV some time ago.

Why would his brother give him a UFO book, if he had no real interest in the subject. I think it fairly obvious even if this experience happened. Whitley in 1985 had before this a keen or strong interest in this subject. I not sure if this sours his credibility, but in my mind, he was well aware of what was happening in the field before, this alleged encounter. Not really a question just found it interesting that is all.

Although I'm not a fan of Strieber and pay him no mind, you've raised a point that' s a real pain in the ass for people interested in UFOs. An interest in UFOs generates assumptions that discredit such people from being reliable witnesses. There's a suggestion that they'd be prone to wishful thinking or misidentification.

'What the hell does he know?! He's always going on about UFOs. He's read that much that he's started seeing the damn things!' Chuckles whilst tapping the side of their head and winking. :D

I'm guilty of the same thinking to an extent. There's a sense that if two people reported seeing a UFO, the one with the least interest in UFOs would be considered more credible. Outside of the subject, it gets worse...just having the interest implies mental illness. It's even part of the scoring system for schizotypal personality traits.

From Menzel right up to the modern day, a lot of debunkers use the same argument. They consider people interested in UFOs as woowoo. It's ironic that Menzel, Klass and their modern equivalents also demonstrate an 'interest in UFOs.' Does that make them 'unreliable' too? I'm sure they'd disagree there. Still, their careers and public personas were as dependent on UFOs as any UFO researcher.

The appearance of Strieber remains on hold. He has offered to come on at least 3 times over the years, and ducked out at the last minute. We'll see. :)

Gene: In Webster’s Dictionary under the word "flake", is a picture of Strieber. I don’t mean “Flake” in a bad way, and I would have used the term “Goof-Ball”, But that one is taken by David Icke. Please don’t go down the C-2-C road. Ever since Art Bell retired, the show has become an embarrassment to the UFO researcher, and the only reason they get heavy hitters on the show like Hopkins, Jacobs, and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Stanton</st1:place></st1:City> is because they can sell there books. Can’t say that I blame them for that, but if they want to reach the majority of the C-2-C audience, they better not use too many words in their tome, and supply more pictures. pb<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Guys I like him personally, but lately he has been showing signs of some kind of paranoia, in his latest journal, he thinks the Texas Cops are after him because he drives a "Priapus" electric car..I have news for him, CA plated cars get harassed all over the US, not just the South, and I have personal experience at Ft Hood in 1968 being pulled over a lot for Connecticut Plates, when I showed my Military ID, all was well---I finally got Texas Plates on the darned thing! This happens a lot, and even in the "Liberal North", I get pulled over in CT for having AL plates, and then they want to search the car....This is in a town that I lived in for 29 years! Last time, they just laughed and let me go on...."DAMM! It's you again...."

Dale

Back