• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

What's he afraid of? :D

Been asked some difficult questions. I'm getting suspicious of him. Obviously he must been warned away from doing this interview to skip it three times.

He claims he never had a real interest in this subject, before the experience December 26 1985, but obviously he had, that is a lie. He read lot on this subject before Communion got published, all this was done allegedly he says to understand his experiences. Ya ok fair enough You the tell reader that, but there is no why to tell if that is truth or not! Whitley said he spoke to Philip Imbrogno page 30 of communion seems very personal to me. Whitley was asking him about the Hudson Valley sightings. For me this were he could have got lot of the information for his book including the little hooded monks! I can't be sure he is lying about everything, but the more I read the book, I do get lot more doubtful that this happened to him.

Well, he was a horror fiction writer before his alleged experiences and the writing of 'Communion', that sure rings a bell for some. I'd still like to hear him on the show these days. Fingers crossed.

Been asked some difficult questions. I'm getting suspicious of him. Obviously he must been warned away from doing this interview to skip it three times.

He claims he never had a real interest in this subject, before the experience December 26 1985, but obviously he had, that is a lie. He read lot on this subject before Communion got published, all this was done allegedly he says to understand his experiences. Ya ok fair enough You the tell reader that, but there is no why to tell if that is truth or not! Whitley said he spoke to Philip Imbrogno page 30 of communion seems very personal to me. Whitley was asking him about the Hudson Valley sightings. For me this were he could have got lot of the information for his book including the little hooded monks! I can't be sure he is lying about everything, but the more I read the book, I do get lot more doubtful that this happened to him.

Kieran those are some very good observations. When looking at whitleys record and i've followed him for many years, he has done many "me too" type of claims. Example he was pushing the "dones' thing with Howe big time and when the story went no where he claims he saw one, hmm yeah that sure helped his credibility. When he published his alternate universe book 2012 The war for Souls, yep he jumped on the 2012 bandwagon as well, but he actually claimed he traveled to different realities including one where his wife didn't survive her stroke. In "The secret school" he claimed he saw sand dunes on LAX because of climate change at that happened while Clinton was still in office, oops bonk. He does a graphic novel about human mutilations and yet years earlier he and his wife literally shout at Don and Vicki Ecker at a conference for an article in their magazine that the "greys" might be up to no good. With Crop circle meditations and alternate realities with his goofy friends, the guys just really inconsistent in this field. He real does seem to blow in the breeze whatever direction the field seems to be going.

I subscribed for many years to his website, and in one subscriber interview he recounts going through a "time slip" with houses that had serpent figures on them with a friends child in the car. Now i don't mention this because of the experience its what he said the father of the child said to his own child about Whitley. That Whitley has a hard time sometimes telling the difference between what is real and what is in his own mind. Funny but after all this time i think that really is what the case with Whitley is. Maybe Greys visited him and left him, maybe he's such an imaginative individual he manifests all these things around him as thought forms as tulpas, or maybe just maybe he can't tell the difference between the world inside and the world outside.

Let me add this, upon reflection there is something that does make me believe Whit might of had experiences with the "visitors" as he puts it. I don't know if these audio files are still on his web site but he posted the very first hypnosis session he did with Dr. Donald Kline, and besides Barney Hills screaming from his recorded hypnosis session, Whitley screaming as something is placed in his mind as this little thing pokes him in the forehead and shows him images of the world blowing up, of his son dead. Well it was a very compelling recording, scared the daylights out of me.

I really am torn as to what to make of Whit. It seems to me his early stuff seems more legitimate. But what do i know , these are all just my gut feelings and he could be 100% legit, i mean some of the stories he told, especially recently for his halloween show, recalling such things as a walking corpse chasing him in his apartment building, seeing little blue creatures grabbing a man in a store front window in down town new york! Hearing voices over his stereo system that both he Ann heard together. There soooo strange, they might just be real.

Even if he were to come on the show I am afraid that all you would get is a masterful spinning of whatever story he wants to throw out there. The thing I don't like about him is the constant stream of new material timely released to boost ratings and his immediate relevance in the UFO community. For me it is a huge red flag.

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> For those who want to analyze Whitley and prove or disprove what he says, you won't find happiness--anymore than if you try to explain the UFO phenomenon. Both are elusive.

I've listened to at least fifty hours of Strieber interviews and his sincerity is unmistakable. He's not a con artist, as some would have you believe. What he is, like most of us, is a very complex, multifaceted personality who's trying to find some meaning in a place that seems pretty mad most of the time.

Many will disagree with me, but I think he's flat-out brilliant. He's one of the finest extemporaneous speakers I've ever heard, he's a fine interviewer and an even better writer. What more do you want? I hope Whitley does make it to Paracast land because he's an emotional guy who almost always delivers a memorable interview. In Whitley's emotion I believe you hear someone who's struggling to deal with disturbing paranormal events. David Biedney goes through the same struggle, he says, and it has tipped his life upside down at times.

If you want to listen to a memorable Strieber interview, listen to the June 2010 chat with Alan Lamers. If true, it's astounding. People walk into the Indonesian jungle and they are taken. As in Taken.

I, for one, hope that interviews with experiencers like Mr Strieber are always done with the respect we would like shown to ourselves if we were ever to make the decision to go public about our own anomalous personal experiences, even if our motives are questioned in some quarters.

He is a case-study within a field, but also a person.

It may be that no solution will be forthcoming which accounts for all aspects of his case. However, it is enough that the facts of his case are recorded, I would argue.

The fact that Mr Strieber has been able to draw some financial benefit from his experiences does not necessarily mean they are untrue.

That he seems to be part of the new age subculture, or is a fiction writer, or a businessman, or that he continues to interact with the meaning of his experience in public (etc.) are all worth noting, but may not be instrumental.

It is also worth noting his own ambiguity regarding his experiences; he is unclear what they might 'mean' and is apparently open to the possibility that they were a product of research done in the fringes of the defence establishment via family connections, leading from early-childhood entrainment to adult episodes involving clearly-human agents speaking code-words which have been linked to mind-control operations. (He may have tended to infer that his experiences are a mixture of such manipulations and genuine contact with the paranormal, but this is unproven, and could be regarded as an understandable attempt to integrate his experiences while transcending the role of victim into that of a forerunner during a time of change.)

If we assume, for a moment, that his entire case is the product of such clearly-terrestrial actions, we can still infer some possibilities, concerning who might want to make use of this type of person to produce certain possibilities in the popular culture-at-large. Rather than exclusively focus on the question of "Is his story true?" or "Does he believe what he says?" I suggest we ask "What has Strieber meant to the culture? What has his case made possible in the popular culture, and for whom? What has (possibly guided) popular reaction to his case meant in terms of the perceived legitimacy/significance of various paranormal topics?" etc.

If you want to listen to a memorable Strieber interview, listen to the June 2010 chat with Alan Lamers. If true, it's astounding. People walk into the Indonesian jungle and they are taken. As in Taken.

Kinda' hard to do that when there's a fee to listen to it. And btw, that's often a pretty good sign of chicanery in and of itself.

Back