• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Strieber

MafiaGeek

Paranormal Novice
Hey guys.

I know that this question maybe like flogging a dead horse. But i want to ask anyway. :D

What are your opinions on Whitley Strieber?

Hey - and I'm a big fan too!

I even met him, and he showed me a picture of his new grandchild!

- - - Also - - -

I don't know if it's still on his site. But he did an interview a few years back with a canadian woman who was dealing with ongoing abduction events. And she said that she suspected it was happening to her young child too. ANd then Whitley started talking about his son, and his worries and fears - and then they were both sobbing. It was hugely emotional.

I sat there listening, and I started to cry too! No foolin, this was really heart breaking stuff.

Whitley Strieber seem very interesting case. But i do wonder if he has started to fall into insanity. Because if he is having these experiences it must very much distorts his perception of the world.

I like him too, but I don't think he's insane. I think he opened a window he can't close. He doesn't want to close it either. But it makes him appear insane ... and intensely interesting.

The chain smoking alien kid is obviously fiction. Bad fiction, at that. It's clearly the stuff of bad horror fiction.

I cannot believe that Strieber has this many ardent supporters. He claims to have traveled into the future, for Christ's sake. He's about as backwards as Steven Greer. Same type of outrageous, asinine claims, same absolute lack of evidence, same cult like following.

Bummer he had a alien live with him and meditated with him nightly, but no photos or vids. At least dress something up in tin foil, and take a pic, cmon. :D

Not sure I'd place him in the same category as Greer though. I don't mind that others do since I think it's time Whitley ups his evidence, not claims. Instead we have the reverse. Whit does have some mild evidence though. Nothing recent that I am aware of however.

WHITLEY STRIEBER IS WAY OUT THERE I BELIEVE HE MIGHT HAVE HAD A PARANORMAL EXPERIENCE BUT HE HAS DEVELOPED IT INTO A STORY TO MAKE HIMSELF KNOWN AND TO SELL BOOKS IN ONE OF HIS INTERVIEWS HE SIAD THAT A CREATURE IN THE SHAPE OF A RACCOON:cool:WAS OUTSIDE HIS CABIN AND THAT IT WAS ALIEN WHO SHAPED SHIFTED AND SMOKED CIGS BELIEVE OR NOT THIS MAN IS CRASY AND ANYONE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM IS CRAZY:exclamation:

He's either crazy or he sees some real stuff and some may be memories inserted in his head. I really dont know but don't dismiss it all though.

I read Communion when it first came out. I was very skeptical at the time.The not long after another fellow wrote a book about Whitley and examined his experiences, Mental Health, did the hypnosis thing.............which can get screwed up easily. His take on Whitley is Whitley believed the things that happened to him,and he was not or is not mentally ill............So, Mabye whitley was abducted by lil grey aliens. If he was he is surely not the first.
Those are the only two books Ive read by him.I went through a Jacques Vallee and Tim Good phase after that.
Peace
Tom

There's just something really strange going on with Strieber, that goes beyond mental illness or physical ailment. I don't pretend to have any knowledge as to what might "really" have happened to Strieber, but I don't think its as cut and dry as a guy just trying to make a buck. I'm of the opinion that he actually believes much of what he contends.

I saw on the TV a man who thought he controlled the weather in his head. Said it was his job. He believed he was telling the truth as well. And to his point of reality it was the truth.

I have been reading Breakthrough: The Next Step and have to say that some of it does sound a little out there. I agree that the chain smoking alien could have been a figment of his imagination but to have written like three books and have so much info I think that its a little far fetched to say that everything he's written is made up. I don't believe all of it but I do believe that he has had something happen to him.

I don't think he's crazy enough...I've encountered an alien or two in my day...never seen a grey, though...The truth of these matters and the forms in which they manifest can be far more illogical and surreal than anything I've read from him. I am a little bothered by the quasi-religious overtones in some of his rhetoric. At times I'm not sure if he's really as gullible as he seems to be, or if he's "putting on airs"... playing down to what he must assume is a gullible audience. I'll remain open, but my bullshit filters start working overtime whilst his shtick is being delivered.

I just checked out Whitley's latest journal entry, what a Debbie Downer he is, my God!

He needs a full body massage and a glass of whiskey. Actually, we all need a full body massage and a glass of whiskey :)

Back