• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What reason did you choose your name for?

OceansLost

Skilled Investigator
Pretty simple, for me OceansLost The Love of the oceans and the Lost being the mia or lost people at sea, kind of a dedication... my other names I use Is Cryptic Elements the reason being Cryptic - cryptozooilgy and elements i.e fire wind water etc..

PararealitySaint was an email address I had as an active member specializing in Demonology for a Parareality show which broadcasted out of Tennessee some years back. I was a consultant/guest on the program and did some investigative research and normally helped out with their monthly newsletter.

In my personal belief system, everyone is a "Saint" and the Parareality aspect of the title is self explanatory.

It's a Ufological joke. In UFO literature references are often made about the lack of any trained observers around when UFOs show up. As far as training goes, I'm trained to operate the remote, program the DVR, and observe the results.

i am a blacksmith and a user of photoshop since version 1, (I used the beta version first). I combined pixel and smith.

Mine obviously is of a conspiracy bent, but I am interested in far more than conspiracies (although they are probably the things that get me going the most), also protecting my identity online is important to me. Most people online are incognito and, I think it's neato... ;)

Sandan is my rank in Matsumura Shorin Ryu. Fire I just put in there for sh*ts and giggles. Everybody thinks it's a mis-spelling of "Sand and Fire".

It was my email address on yahoo and it was chosen because I was raised an Alabama Crimson Tide fan. I also have a deep love for the ocean. I have never forgotten a quote from a young lady I heard years ago. "The ocean is God to me." I have always felt like I was standing on the edge of forever when I'm at the beach. But, mainly it's the Crimson Tide thing and it's easy for me to remember for emails and stuff. :)

My favorite band is Iron Maiden. They did a song on their Brave New World album called The Wicker Man. It's not even a song I like all that much but the title was better for a screenname than most of their other ones. Often people assume my nick has something to do with the old movie but I haven't even seen it.

vesve
highfolk
when I was young i played Dungons and dragons. I learned Gary Gygax made an area of the world for Wisconsin where i lived. this area was called HIGHFOLK. and the haunted forest was called the VESVE...
so i stuck them toghther and that became my standard foums user name!

vesve
highfolk
when I was young i played Dungons and dragons. I learned Gary Gygax made an area of the world for Wisconsin where i lived. this area was called HIGHFOLK. and the haunted forest was called the VESVE...
so i stuck them toghther and that became my standard foums user name!

LOL! That's a name out of the past. Many of you on this forum might find this hard to believe, but back in 1979 I actually played AD&D with Gary Gygax in NYC at a place called the Complete Strategist. Back then you rented out giant rooms and played on boards developing Modules which lasted night and day for weekends on end. When you earned something from Gary as DM you really earned something.

The last time I heard from Gary was about 7 years ago when I wrote him and email and asked him what the heck happened with Wizards of The Coast's deal with the AD&D license. He wrote back a long story about how he was ripped off and that the Wizards company was developed to gain some of the assets he lost over the years. It seems that a few of his partners took advantage of him (video and other aspects of the name) and through many years in the courts he fought like a mad dwarf getting back what he alone invented.

unfortuatly Gary Gygax Has passed away about a year ago...

Yeah, I remember about a week after his death the AD&DOnline programmers actually made a memorial for him in the game in the city they used as a module stepping off point. It was sad to see him go so soon but that's how it goes.

Back