• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

I traded my white Hyundai Elantra base model in for a white Hyundai Sonata Limited a few weeks ago. I love the car. I think its hard to find a better made car on the market for the price.

Ever since they started the emission BS, cars went in the crapper HUGE. You want a real car? Try this one:
03893b4020c264b8cda57bd37f10aa63.jpg

SD455, now *that's* a motor.

Try this one:

love to drive that on a banked oval jeff.

Manxman,
I missed the photo. I would love to "do" a banked track with that trans am, or any other great car for that matter. I know people that have done the Nascar gig where they let you "open them up" (I think the stock cars they use top out around 180 mph) on your own, but I never have. I just love muscle as in those older American cars from the 60s and 70s. Why is it I like nearly everything from the 60s/70s? I grew up in the 80s as a young man.

I really would love to do the big banks though. I have heard that if you climb to the top of those you almost have to get on your hands and knees to get there.

ive only done a bit of banger racing in old capri's or jags, the odd volvo, on a bank, may be able to rustle up a pic i will look, 50 mph was about as exiting as it got, 3rd gear maybe.

Manxman,
There is so much I would love to do. I enjoy racing so much. My favorite type of racing hands down is old school ATV racing. Now that was killer! 3 wheelers (Dune Cycles/Tri Sport/Rupp) with, indipendent rear suspension, hand brake actuated rear differentials and 44 horse snowmobile engines. Burning alcohol and airplane fuel. Sounded and reacted like a chainsaw on steroids. The six wheelers, which you almost never see anymore thanks to the lawyers, were pushing 90 horse. You cannot believe how much power that is in terms of something that weighs just a few hundred pounds. Dirt was meant to fly! :D

heh, anything in the scrap yard that ran and had petrol in it, we borrowed it, and towed it back from the farm once we broke it, or it ran out of petrol, we were only kids the scrap yard was 2 fields away, and it was just 3 fields full of junk and scrappers.

Super pissed at myself: Changed the tires on Monday and now I can't find my lock-bolt key. Has this ever happened to anyone here? I'm gonna keep looking, but it has to either be in my car somewhere or at my friend's place. He's a mechanic and changes my tires for me. So frustrated with myself. I'm normally so careful about stuff like that.
I am exploring the possibility that a trickster may be involved somehow.

Super pissed at myself: Changed the tires on Monday and now I can't find my lock-bolt key. Has this ever happened to anyone here? I'm gonna keep looking, but it has to either be in my car somewhere or at my friend's place. He's a mechanic and changes my tires for me. So frustrated with myself. I'm normally so careful about stuff like that.
I am exploring the possibility that a trickster may be involved somehow.

Angelo,
Thanks for sharing those photos a while back. VERY priceless. Brother, I deal with this scenario frequently. It's either back where you don't typically keep the key, as in where the owner's manual states that your key is located, or it's at your friend's shop. Naturally if the wheels are custom on your ride the first scenario is not likely to apply unless you recieved factory alloys and replaced them with custom aftermarkets.

Yeah - they're factory alloy wheels, so I'm really not worried about getting a replacement key from Subaru. It's just annoying that I wasn't careful. I'm gonna take a deeper look in the compartment next to the jack where I was sure I placed it and I'll ask my friend to take a look again.

I hope you have tons of fun. Doing the sensible thing can come later.

I'm thinking the 'sensible thing' will be a Tesla. Maybe in two years. I am hearing they are coming out with a sedan next year, to be around $39,000. What do you think of Tesla? I am starting to do my due diligence - going on Tesla blogs, etc.. While I am throughly enjoying my little VW convertible right now (a dream I am allowing myself to indulge) - I do want to go electric, but do not like the Prius nor the VW TDI. I am seeing the Tesla around town (SoCal) and it is a mighty handsome car. Would love to have that silent drive. :)

I'm thinking the 'sensible thing' will be a Tesla. Maybe in two years. I am hearing they are coming out with a sedan next year, to be around $39,000. What do you think of Tesla? I am starting to do my due diligence - going on Tesla blogs, etc.. While I am throughly enjoying my little VW convertible right now (a dream I am allowing myself to indulge) - I do want to go electric, but do not like the Prius nor the VW TDI. I am seeing the Tesla around town (SoCal) and it is a mighty handsome car. Would love to have that silent drive. :)
I know very little about the Tesla. Never seen one and never driven one. So, if/when you get one, please let me know how it goes.

Tesla and or a challenger or both are my dream cars one day when I have money....

Back