• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

You can barely drive this... but its a looker lol.

First year... differential broke down, front window de-laminated (glue), interior wood panels cracked, side window bounced back from top position, moon roof collapsed, gas plate cover mechanism fails (can't open the damn thing when you run out of gas). Numerous engine warnings (bad north-american programming). Interior touch lights turning on by themselves.

Pain in the butt, however 10000x better than the 1989 XJ 12 Vanden Plas (2 x 6 cylinder motors side by side in front) that you couldn't drive in winter ... or rainy weather LOL
4570b-car-jaguar-xf-2.jpg

2008 Ford Fusion, 50k, Prior I had a 1998 Ford Taurus, purchased day 1, drove until last year 145,000 miles, sold it for a fair price. Needed nothing but the frame was going bye bye.

Well, I did it: this past weekend I bought a 2014 VW Beetle Turbo Convertible. Cutest thing - and so much fun to drive with the top down the last couple of days with the sun shining. It was an impulse buy - will I regret the purchase, RennLady? :) I decided I wanted the fun of a convertible right now - and will buy 'more sensibly' in a few years. For now - it's me on the PCH cruising on a Sunday afternoon!

Well, I did it: this past weekend I bought a 2014 VW Beetle Turbo Convertible. Cutest thing - and so much fun to drive with the top down the last couple of days with the sun shining. It was an impulse buy - will I regret the purchase, RennLady? :) I decided I wanted the fun of a convertible right now - and will buy 'more sensibly' in a few years. For now - it's me on the PCH cruising on a Sunday afternoon!
I hope you have tons of fun. Doing the sensible thing can come later.

if I was a rich man I would own a 1948 tucker

1948Tucker.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

That's one wild car. Preston Tucker used a helicopter engine to power it and the car was valuated at 1.2 million US$ three years ago. There's even a movie you can watch on Netflix about it
Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988) - IMDb

A Franklinair-cooledflat-6 engine, the O-335 made by Air Cooled Motors (and originally intended for the Bell 47),[22] fit, and its 166 hp (124 kW) pleased Tucker. He purchased four samples for $5,000 each, and his engineers converted the 334 cubic inches (5,470 cc) engine to water cooling (a decision that has puzzled historiographers ever since).[22] The Franklin engine was heavily modified by Tucker's engineers, including Eddie Offutt and Tucker's son Preston, Jr. at his Ypsilanti machine shop. Using an aircraft engine in an automotive application required significant modification; thus, very few parts of the original Franklin engine were retained in the final Tucker engine. This durable modification of the engine was tested at maximum power for 150 hours, the equivalent of 18,000 miles (29,000 km), at full throttle.[23]

Last edited:
I dislike the Prius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the Prius V (it's quite nice actually) at one point, but I decided to go with the Subaru because of the AWD and the better engine. With gas prices I know I would have liked the savings, but when you start considering the expense of eventually changing the batteries, that becomes a non issue.
Also, despite what some people will tell you, a hybrid car isn't exactly better for the environment. Anyone who drives one solely for that reason and lectures you about it is a douche.

hybrid technology is a dead duck,#.

the next generation of personal transport, will be powered by something that can be 'taxed', huge proportion's of government income's, are based on fuel taxes and vat.

i would bet on the H in h20, as the next 'petrol', a fuel that can be metered.

hybrid technology is a dead duck,#.

the next generation of personal transport, will be powered by something that can be 'taxed', huge proportion's of government income's, are based on fuel taxes and vat.

i would bet on the H in h20, as the next 'petrol', a fuel that can be metered.

blue-car-ed01.jpg

this is one i owned a few weeks.

back in the day
[cant find the right picture at the mo]

edit, this is near enough

images

and this is a new one i would of donated a kidney to drive 25yrs ago, beautiful, and screams out 'DRIVE ME' but i aint got the 'bottle' now [even if i did have the money].

watchcaronline.blogspot.in-++R9H81YTBD8MT8G8JU8.jpg

watchcaronline.blogspot.in-++Toyota+Celica.jpg

Toyota Celica

funny really when you think back, rallying on the island was big.

we rallied these beast's around the next field to the farmhouse when we 14/15.
no doors, no windows, one seat, some had seat belts some didnt.

images

Last edited:
have a look at this, ive put up a few manx TT bike vids, but the races are run on our main roads, narrow but still our main highways, this clip is a world rally championship segment, shot on the manx stage's of the wrc, on our country roads, the ones that branch off from the main roads, at 1.58 vatanen clips the wall running alongside the lake with his tail, the yellow stanchion that flashes in view that he misses a fraction, at full speed is solid concrete, actually it's a cattle grid.

after that he is still very quick even tho he has a back puncture, thats why he was world champion, this kind of tv, was unbelievable back in the early 80s.

Last edited:
So, this is on my mind because I just traded in my Honda Civic. I loved that car and it was running well, but it was way too small for a family of four. I bought a brand new 2014 Subaru Outback and I am really happy to have the AWD in the garbage winter weather we get here in Southern Quebec.

So, what do you guys drive?
Chrysler 300S 2012.. Love it.

I've given Chrysler a solid chance since they came back, but the Fiat-derived stuff doesn't make it for me. The reviews of the 2015 200 midsize sedan going on sale any day now indicate it's a poor competitor to the Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Mazda6, etc. But I did like the 300 when I test drove it a few years back; it's kinda big for my taste, however.

I've given Chrysler a solid chance since they came back, but the Fiat-derived stuff doesn't make it for me. The reviews of the 2015 200 midsize sedan going on sale any day now indicate it's a poor competitor to the Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry, Mazda6, etc. But I did like the 300 when I test drove it a few years back; it's kinda big for my taste, however.
I have never owned anything but a Chrysler product. Lebaron, Spirit, Stratus, Cherokee, 300 Touring, 300s. We will see about that 200 midsize. Not a huge midsize fan anymore. I like the big cars, or trucks.

Back