• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What are you reading ?

I read this and thought it was excellent:

Please let me know how Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind is when you're done. Thanks.
Oh, it hasn't left my bedside in about 10 years. I've probably read it a half dozen times at least.

Well worth a read, and I'll check out three pillars of zen.

Queen of Thieves: The True Story of Marm Mandelbaum and Her Gangs of New York

Breezing my way through this book now. It's a very engaging read it takes place in an era that i find fascinating The so called gilded era following the civil war, a time which has more than a few parallels to the time we live in now.

Fun Fact; Did you guys know that the fashionable clothier Brooks Brothers got started by selling sub standard clothing for outrageous profits (war profiteering ) to the union army ? Or that Phillip Armour who became a successful business by manipulating pork futures (he shorted them) got even more filthy rich by providing rancid meat products to the union army and to the army in the Spanish American war and built his meat packing empire from those profits? I didn't until i began to read this. I don't find it surprising so much being that i was familiar that some American and German companies that got rich with questionable profits just prior to WW2, It never heard about any graft that occured in earlier conflicts

Amazon.com: Queen of Thieves: The True Story of "Marm" Mandelbaum and Her Gangs of New York eBook: J. North Conway: Kindle Store

Just bought 'The SS Brotherhood of the Bell' - my first Joseph Farrell book, which is surprising really cos I've been a fan of Joseph's for about 7 years.
He most definitely has many more possible Paracast shows in his possible repertoire. He has so much well-rehearsed material he puts most to shame. Just scanning through the book and you can immediately see all the documentation and referencing.
I've been a fan of his too. Heard a number of interviews with him, very impressed. How's the book?

"Ebola, The Natural and Human History Of A Deadly Virus", by David Quammen

Not quite a cliff hanger. But still an interesting summation about what we do and don't know regarding the relationship between the deadly filoviruses--Ebola, Marburg etc.-- as they exist and endure somewhere in the wild and their periodic crossovers into human populations to cause widespread disease. Behind most human viral pathogens is still a mystery about how and when they jump from domestic or wild animals to man. It's a good read.

I've been a fan of his too. Heard a number of interviews with him, very impressed. How's the book?

I really liked the book although many might be put off by the amount of technical information.

I still don't know where I stand on the Bell but it's hard to ignore all the circumstantial evidence that Joseph has managed to bring together.

I'm definitely going to be buying more books by Joseph Farrel.

I really liked the book although many might be put off by the amount of technical information.

I still don't know where I stand on the Bell but it's hard to ignore all the circumstantial evidence that Joseph has managed to bring together.

I'm definitely going to be buying more books by Joseph Farrel.

I finished Swastikas, Saucers and Psyops and I thought it was very good, if a bit dry/academic (for me). The last section on suppressed technologies (e.g. anti-gravity, Tesla stuff) was the most interesting to me.

image.jpg
Halfway through this. Haven't actually read much King before. But it's still amusing to see how Carrie, The Shining, IT, and even Cujo represent different aspects of this odd little man. He's also unexpectedly funny.

I'm in the middle of National Novel Writing Month at the moment (37 000 words done out of 50 000!) but just before bed I have been re-reading The Island of Doctor Moreau. Read through it a few times for my thesis last year on H.G. Wells. It feels good to be reading his stuff for fun and not to have to be making notes.

Back