• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Unknown Humanoid Captured w/ FLIR

I just can't believe there is an unverified creature of that size living in wooded areas of civilized countries. If there is any reality to it then it seems to me that the source HAS to be paranormal, not biological. If a flesh and blood Bigfoot were ever proven a reality I'd be just as shocked as the debunkers.

The guy seems legit. He had a video for sale several months ago, $2 a download. After checking him out as much as I could (without going nuts, I mean it's $2) I paid and watched. Pretty interesting. There is a lot of information about his efforts over the years, if you do some digging and have time to do some reading. A couple of months ago, I got an email from the guy (which is on an old computer, not this one) that he appears to have sent out to all his paying customers. It, too was pretty interesting.

At the time I paid for the video, there was a lot of confusion about a superficially similar video on youtube or somewhere, which people trashed without knowing what was going on. Imagine that. Anyway, it appears the guy is on the level and not a nut. He is known to have spent a lot of time in the woods with various electronic gadgets, too.

As for "bigfoot" in general, having grown up around a lot of hunters and hearing their stories and knowing they are not making stuff up, I have no doubt there is something strange going on. Too bad there are so many lame hoaxes and general BS stories out there stinking up the subject.

Well, for starters, you are basing your conclusion on a blip of a quote from a Faux News hatchet piece on a complicated story. Have you seen even a second of the video? Do you know anything about the person who got that video? Were you there at the interview? Do you know the first thing about how and when the video was shot? Do you know anything at all about what type of camera was used, how it works, what it can show? It's all available if you would like to base your opinion on something more than five minutes' worth of reading on an internet forum. I doubt if you would even have to pay $2 to see the video by now, but do be careful because there is a lot of bogus crap about it out there in youtube land and such places. As I said in my first post up there, many know-it-alls trashed the whole story based on watching what they thought was the video the guy was charging for. They were wrong.

I'm not an expert on Greene, but I'm familiar with his work and understand that he's well respected in Bigfoot circles. I haven't come to any conclusions on the footage. I've heard him state that this footage is unequivocal proof of Bigfoot's existence in several different interviews and that there is no scientific explanation for the thermal images. I don't agree with either of these conclusions, but remain open minded about both this case and the larger phenomenon.

He may be a fraud investigator but he's also a bigfoot enthusiast. That clouds his judgment. Also, he's selling something - HUGE flag right there. If he was so interested in getting this information out there, he wouldn't be selling it.

I like Rebbecca Watson's take on it, she's always great:

Skepchick Man Lures Bigfoot with Candy: Can We Laugh?

It’s time to play a time-honored classic skeptic’s game: Misguided Eccentric, Raging Nutter, or Fraudulent Douchebag?

Choose carefully, now: if Mike Greene is a misguided eccentric or a fraudulent douchebag we can laugh at him. Otherwise, no can do.
A few more things to consider before deciding: the “8-foot thing” that is obviously a beast because the heat signature isn’t “splotchy” looks exactly like a dude wearing a t-shirt. Also, the narrator (reporter??) calls it “the moneyshot.” Also, dude used a candybar for bait. Also, this guy’s day job is to be a fraud investigator.
Oh and also: apparently it doesn’t make any sense that we don’t have a single lousy picture of Bigfoot! Obviously the only logical explanation is that <del datetime="2010-11-02T21:09:16+00:00">they don’t exist</del> they are so smart and/or can “hear or sense” electromagnetic radiation.
OF COURSE

"It can't be anything else, I mean, it literally can't be anything else," said Greene. No critical thinking...

That was an unfortunate statement. Even if that is what he "believes", saying so was a very bad P.R. move for a "fraud investigator" and professional witness. His enthusiasm overcame his better judgement I guess. He has at best an Unidentified Thermal Image or U.T.I. (did I just make that up? I think I did.)

What context justifies such a conclusion?

My problem is with sound bites and editing in general. We have no idea of the context of that sentence. I'm sure that if any person was interviewed for 30 minutes and only 60 seconds of actual interview was shown, that person could be made to look like a fool. Heck with creative sound bite editing and taking quotes out of context I could make Patton look like a coward.

We don't know exactly what he was referring to with the quote. He could have said it "had to be an unknown hominid" paused for a breath and then finished the quote. We don't know. We only get a snippet.

I do believe that there are unknown animals all over the world, some of them possibly quite large. For this reason I cannot rule out the possibility that an unknown primate, or other bipedal animal exists in north America, or in other places in the world.

He may be a fraud investigator but he's also a bigfoot enthusiast. That clouds his judgment. Also, he's selling something - HUGE flag right there. If he was so interested in getting this information out there, he wouldn't be selling it.

I like Rebbecca Watson's take on it, she's always great:

Skepchick Man Lures Bigfoot with Candy: Can We Laugh?

It’s time to play a time-honored classic skeptic’s game: Misguided Eccentric, Raging Nutter, or Fraudulent Douchebag?

Choose carefully, now: if Mike Greene is a misguided eccentric or a fraudulent douchebag we can laugh at him. Otherwise, no can do.
A few more things to consider before deciding: the “8-foot thing” that is obviously a beast because the heat signature isn’t “splotchy” looks exactly like a dude wearing a t-shirt. Also, the narrator (reporter??) calls it “the moneyshot.” Also, dude used a candybar for bait. Also, this guy’s day job is to be a fraud investigator.
Oh and also: apparently it doesn’t make any sense that we don’t have a single lousy picture of Bigfoot! Obviously the only logical explanation is that <del datetime="2010-11-02T21:09:16+00:00">they don’t exist</del> they are so smart and/or can “hear or sense” electromagnetic radiation.
OF COURSE

Angel you crack me up. I love your input and all, but the damnation you're willing to levy simply because someone is an enthuisiast is hypocritical. I could very well scuttle you're comments for the very same reason, for your enthusisam for skepticism can come across as bordering on a crusade - surely clouding your judgement as well. Enthusiasts, I would say, lead the way for String Theory, Environmentalism, Space Travel, etc. and Jesussss, if everybody who sold something was deserved of suspision, what does that have to say about our society in general? Red flags, or excuses to outright dismiss somebody because of pomposity?

Having said that, I too am suspicious.... but for different reasons, the bulk of which are due to my general lack of faith in subject/object relationships.

The thermal image is compelling to a point. I would like to see companion daylight photos of the area plus measurement data to help figue height and girth of the animal. Also, was the area scoured for footprints, trails, hair samples, etc.? We don't know. The thing that always bothers me is the lack of follow through investigation. If you have a beginning spot where this animal was supposed to be then you need to be searching for things in that area. This guy should know that and have shown the subsequent data supporting his height and thermal signature characteristics. Perhaps asking the company that produces the camera to comment on the shot would be a start. But so far as I can tell none of that level of confirmative data collections was even attempted. The secondary research and supportive data collection isn't sexy and is typically ignored. Even by the good investigators/hunters. I think this is why the evidence trail starts and ends so abruptly. At least thats my take.

Angel you crack me up. I love your input and all, but the damnation you're willing to levy simply because someone is an enthuisiast is hypocritical. I could very well scuttle you're comments for the very same reason, for your enthusisam for skepticism can come across as bordering on a crusade - surely clouding your judgement as well. Enthusiasts, I would say, lead the way for String Theory, Environmentalism, Space Travel, etc. and Jesussss, if everybody who sold something was deserved of suspision, what does that have to say about our society in general? Red flags, or excuses to outright dismiss somebody because of pomposity?

Having said that, I too am suspicious.... but for different reasons, the bulk of which are due to my general lack of faith in subject/object relationships.

I can't disagree with you there. I still think that his excitement to prove the existence of bigfoot, and more so that he has a video to sell, are part of the problem here. It's never an actual zoologist that finds "evidence" of bigfoot, it's always an enthusiast.

Luring with candy!? WTF is this, ET?

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

I just can't believe there is an unverified creature of that size living in wooded areas of civilized countries. If there is any reality to it then it seems to me that the source HAS to be paranormal, not biological. If a flesh and blood Bigfoot were ever proven a reality I'd be just as shocked as the debunkers.

By paranormal, what do you mean? Bleed through from another dimension? Ghost? If so, I can't take that seriously. If it were anything like that, Bigfoots would be seen all over the place and not just in or near forest. Too convenient that it always shows up in the same type of habitat. Just like ghost reports seem to defy habitat. They are seen in the woods and outside of the woods. On boats, in cities, the country, even prisons etc.

I have to go skeptical on this one guys. On the plus side, I suppose an intelligent large primate could escape detection over the last several hundred years. I live in the mountains of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Colorado</st1:place></st1:State>, and have only seen two bears, and one mountain lion. Never found the skeleton of a dead large predator, and from last DOW data set, it seems that <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Colorado</st1:place></st1:State> has over 5000 black bears, and just about as many cougars, (the furry kind). Also, the myth of Bigfoot is universal, and like the myth of dragons, probably has some basis in fact.
With all of that said, I am very skeptical about this creature existing today. In order to have a breeding population, there has to be at least a thousand of these creatures, located in an area where they can make little big feet. In all this time, we would have found some form of DNA evidence such as hair, stool, or something that we could take to a lab, and have the techs go “what the hell is this”?
Lastly, Bigfoot mythology has become a real money maker much like UFO mythology, (yes, I personally think that the evidence is strong that we are being visited by non human folks from other parts unknown, but there is still a healthy mythology out there). Just think how much money this guy made at two dollars a head. If only 1/10 of one percent of the population paid for this video, this guy would have made about 300,000.00 dollars. Realistic he probably made much less, but still in the neighborhood of 30,000.00 on this con which would be a/100 of 1 % of the population. Go figure. Pb

I have to go skeptical on this one guys. On the plus side, I suppose an intelligent large primate could escape detection over the last several hundred years. I live in the mountains of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Colorado</st1:place></st1:State>, and have only seen two bears, and one mountain lion. Never found the skeleton of a dead large predator, and from last DOW data set, it seems that <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Colorado</st1:place></st1:State> has over 5000 black bears, and just about as many cougars, (the furry kind). Also, the myth of Bigfoot is universal, and like the myth of dragons, probably has some basis in fact.
With all of that said, I am very skeptical about this creature existing today. In order to have a breeding population, there has to be at least a thousand of these creatures, located in an area where they can make little big feet. In all this time, we would have found some form of DNA evidence such as hair, stool, or something that we could take to a lab, and have the techs go “what the hell is this”?
Lastly, Bigfoot mythology has become a real money maker much like UFO mythology, (yes, I personally think that the evidence is strong that we are being visited by non human folks from other parts unknown, but there is still a healthy mythology out there). Just think how much money this guy made at two dollars a head. If only 1/10 of one percent of the population paid for this video, this guy would have made about 300,000.00 dollars. Realistic he probably made much less, but still in the neighborhood of 30,000.00 on this con which would be a/100 of 1 % of the population. Go figure. Pb

I think being skeptical is the best way to be about anything so called paranormal, or more on point, cryptozoological. Don't believe or disbelieve. Wonder, and question until a given case's evidence is worthy of a conclusion. Most aren't and that's the rub. The thermal imaging in the vid doesn't quite make the cut. Could be human in my observation and interpretation. Until that is ruled out to my satisfaction, I too am skeptical.

Back