• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Unknown Humanoid Captured w/ FLIR

He may be a fraud investigator but he's also a bigfoot enthusiast. That clouds his judgment. Also, he's selling something - HUGE flag right there. If he was so interested in getting this information out there, he wouldn't be selling it.

Not true. These guys don't have an infinite supply of money just laying around for their research. Freelance, fringe-science researchers need funding somehow and they won't be getting it from the gov.

Whoa betide anyone who is an enthusiast researching their favorite subject. And even more so if they're selling something. Being someone who enthusiastcally researches something and then sells their results automatically makes them ether an eccentric nutter or a douchebag does it?. So where does that leave James Fox?
Is he a misguided true believer or a douchebag?

As for the skepchick, she also has her mind made up before hand. People like her are as big of a worry as Mike Greene. He may let his obvious belief in the reality of bigfoot cloud his judgement, but the skepchick and her fundamentalist, pseudosceptic mates are equally to blame when it comes to belief clouding judgement.

Not true. These guys don't have an infinite supply of money just laying around for their research. Freelance, fringe-science researchers need funding somehow and they won't be getting it from the gov.

But, you don't need an infinite pool of cash to carry this investigation just a bit further. Wait until morning and get shots supporting height estimations. Look for footprints or trail markings. Look for hair samples and ask the camera manufacturer to comment on the footage. None of that costs money and clearly wasn't done.

Freelance researchers need to concern themselves with learning sound investigative technique, post event evidence collection, and the art of getting ones ducks in a row before producing silly You Tube videos. Imagine how much better you could present yourself and your data if those videos were less "look at me and see how exited I am" and more a factual and organized presentation letting the data take the spot light.

We need to stop advocating the handing out of Free Passes just because someone chooses to "go out into the field". If anything we should be holding them to a very high standard. Instead the paranormal/UFO/cryptozoology communities tend to martyr anyone that takes a beating in the mainstream for speaking about the topics. Rarely is such marytrdome deserved.

But, you don't need an infinite pool of cash to carry this investigation just a bit further. Wait until morning and get shots supporting height estimations. Look for footprints or trail markings. Look for hair samples and ask the camera manufacturer to comment on the footage. None of that costs money and clearly wasn't done.

Freelance researchers need to concern themselves with learning sound investigative technique, post event evidence collection, and the art of getting ones ducks in a row before producing silly You Tube videos. Imagine how much better you could present yourself and your data if those videos were less "look at me and see how exited I am" and more a factual and organized presentation letting the data take the spot light.

We need to stop advocating the handing out of Free Passes just because someone chooses to "go out into the field". If anything we should be holding them to a very high standard. Instead the paranormal/UFO/cryptozoology communities tend to martyr anyone that takes a beating in the mainstream for speaking about the topics. Rarely is such marytrdome deserved.

Well we don't really know what further investigation or follow up has been done since we only have the Fox News puff piece to go by and that focuses solely on the video. Maybe the organization that he belongs to has done the things that you have suggested, Ron.
Because he sells copies of videos online for $2, or whatever, doesn't mean that we should overlook any evidence that he produces.
I know what you are saying about researchers. But even the better researchers such as Ted Phillips are unable to supply convincing photographic evidence after all the time he has spent at Marley Woods. The photographic evidence from him that has appeared on these forums has been less than stellar.

Well we don't really know what further investigation or follow up has been done since we only have the Fox News puff piece to go by and that focuses solely on the video. Maybe the organization that he belongs to has done the things that you have suggested, Ron.
Because he sells copies of videos online for $2, or whatever, doesn't mean that we should overlook any evidence that he produces.
I know what you are saying about researchers. But even the better researchers such as Ted Phillips are unable to supply convincing photographic evidence after all the time he has spent at Marley Woods. The photographic evidence from him that has appeared on these forums has been less than stellar.

I agree not all the information is out there. My statements should have carried the "unless more research has been done that we are not yet privy to" caveat. That said, given the shockingly low bar of what is considered adequate research these days it would not surprise me if basic evidence collection was not attempted. It may just be my cynical side exposing itself here but it would irk me that if he does have more data and we have not heard about it from the myriad of sources that leak such information. That leads me to believe it isn't there. Thus another case of more shock value than real evidence.

For Ted, he is in a pickle. Most of this is done on a very limited budget and the kindness of people who want his research to continue. He has a very limited number of camera's and until very recently the overall quality was pretty bad by all standards. He is getting some better technology in place but as any photographer will tell you it is a lot harder to capture clear images when you don't know when, where, how far away, weather conditions, and if it will be night or day. One thing about Ted though, he will do the supportive evidence collection, even to crappy images.

But... I can see the parallels you are drawing. So though it scars me so I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If I knew how to get in touch with him I would send him several questions for followup and suggest he visit the forum for a discussion. I will see if I can find an email or something. If anyone knows how to contact the guy please let me know.

I do hope that follow up research is done on Mike Greene's film as i hope that Ted Phillips eventually is able to upgrade his equipment. His is indeed a fascinating case and certainly warrants time and money spent on it.

Look guys, I don't want anyone thinking I'm any more daft than it already seems, BUT...I've lived in western North Carolina most of my life, and I've personally experienced things in this area that I don't talk about to anyone, except maybe my wife. I'll make an exception here because of the virtual anonymity, and if you guys call me crazy, that's ok.
Now that I have set up the proper "mysterious air", let me tell you one particular occurance that happened to me and two guys working with me.
I was a Land Surveyor for 15 years until I went to work as a Cartographer for the Gov. In February of 1992, I was working in the Northern Mountains of Wilkes County, N.C. below a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's a very rural area, lots of steep rocky hills and sheer cliffs. I was running a crew near one of these cliffs when one of my guys pointed up the cliff and said "What the hell is that?" About 120 to 150 feet up the cliff on a ledge that looked about 10 feet wide was this thing I'm going to describe, and you laugh if you want to, but I know what I saw.
There was a black and white striped ball, for all the world just like a zebra, some where around 6 to 8 feet in diameter, moving back and forth across that ledge, actually rolling back and forth.
I turned the telescopic site on my Topcon total station to it and what I was seeing made me literally dizzy. I was looking at a fur covered ball striped like a zebra just leasurely rolling back and forth. It was definately furry, like cow hide..or , like a zebra.
We all took turns watching this,whatever, for about 15 minutes until it rolled behind a section of rock. We were there for another 3-4 hours, and kept watching that cliff, but we never saw it again.
That cliff was very steep, with loose rocks and would be very dangerous to attempt to climb, besides, there was no where for someone to hide up there and hoax this, even if they could get there, which I doubt very seriously having climbed rocks myself.
Was it a balloon?, It didn't look like one or act like one. The wind was blowing pretty good that day, so I think it would have shown a lot more jerky haphazard movements.
I never have been able to come up with even a crack pot explanation for what we saw.

This incident disturbed me for a long time, and I can't figure out why it would cause me so much anxiety at the time. I mean, it wasn't menacing or evil seeming that I could tell, it was just simply there. Yet, here it is 19 years later, and I still get anxious about it.

So when someone tells me they have seen something weird in this area of western North Carolina, no matter how strange it is, I always give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm as skeptical as anyone should be on Bigfoot, but want to make a point:

in this thread it was stated that a breeding population needs approximately a thousand individuals to be viable. This isn't correct for any mammal spread over a decent sized biosphere, and specifically isn't correct for an apex predator (which we would assume B'foot to be). Moreover, it isn't correct for a primate. There are, today, perfectly viable, highly genetically isolated, breeding populations of homo sapiens numbering far less than a thousand- look no further than the stone age Amazonian tribes of recent history. They existed isolated to such an extent that they were, in effect, genetic isolates, yet they were perfectly 'viable'.
So,
while there are many perfectly sound arguments against the existence of B'foot, the "population size it too small to be viable" doesn't hold water.

genetically speaking, you only need two splits in DNA from your mate to create a child with little chance of acquiring a genetic disease. so first cousins are technically considered 'safe'. however, it's recommended that you have a few more splits than that. in most of the united states you must have at least a three split distance in order to legally marry someone. if your caught with less, charges of incest can be filed against you although that only really happens if someone turns you in.

This incident disturbed me for a long time, and I can't figure out why it would cause me so much anxiety at the time. I mean, it wasn't menacing or evil seeming that I could tell, it was just simply there. Yet, here it is 19 years later, and I still get anxious about it.

This sounds like something out of Hunting the Skinwalker.

my guess because of his training in fraud he knew how to fake this. one easy way would be with an ape suit. he would have to have a hot box or sauna type structure to sit in long enough to absorb the heat needed to make it look like a bigfoot heat source on his camera... or it is a bigfoot.

Some of the most amazing, clear pictures I have ever seen of Bigfoot were taken by pixelsmith and posted on this forum a few months ago. I trust his judgement on this one.

Foolish Earthling : Good post. I have also experienced that which "goes bump in the night", and have not logical explanation for it. My experience occurred some time ago, and my brother was there also to validate it. To this day, I have no explanation, (or even hypothesis regarding what it might be). I don’t think it had anything to do with the UFO issue. Like the Bigfoot mythology, (and I don’t use the word mythology in a negative way, but as it relates to a societal belief structure), these things, like ones dreams, are impossible to “prove” in a western rational methodology. Still, we keep searching. pb
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Some of the most amazing, clear pictures I have ever seen of Bigfoot were taken by pixelsmith and posted on this forum a few months ago. I trust his judgement on this one.

troll |trōl| - message or posting on the Internet intended to provoke an indignant response in the reader.

i forgot about the "bigfoot" photos i posted here. my bad. I apologize. i have super thick skin. no offense taken at all.

Back