• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs and Nukes

Awesome news Mr. Hastings! Can't wait for this to air. I thoroughly enjoyed the last one, and still watch it from time to time; the social interaction between the personalities on that show was highly interesting to me, let alone the subject matter! I'll admit, I grew up watching Bill Nye as a kid, so to see him tangle with researchers and experiencers I hold deep respect for in a field I've been interested in nearly all of my life is most interesting. While it was difficult to suspend the frequent kneejerk facepalm while watching Bill, and the obligatory shameful head hanging each time Seth opened his mouth, I still enjoyed the program. Seth is another one I've been at a fork in the road with; while I can't discount his public openness for intelligent life elsewhere, and appreciate what he and SETI attempt to do, I can't say I appreciate his attitude toward UFOlogy at all, as well as Nye's. I guess when your life's work and career depend upon the disbelief of UFOs, it doesn't leave you much mental elasticity. That being said, I wanted to buy Bob Jacobs a beer each time he sniped both of them on that show. :cool:

Though the pot shots were hilarious last time, I do hope things are a little less hostile this time around. That would allow for more time and opportunity to strike the "debunkers" where it really counts; their lack of argument and personal research into the topic. Perhaps without Stanton's debunking the debunkers attitude, although useful at times, and with Edgar Mitchel and Wilfred de Brouwer on the show things will be a little more somber. .. Wait. You've got Wilfred de Brouwer on the show? That is epic! The Belgian Wave is one of my top 5 cases. Ah man, I can't wait to hear him talk about the radar data they gained during their pursuits of unknowns again. From what I remember, it was studied thoroughly, and they ruled out things like atmospheric phenomena and radar errors. I also remember him at one point in time speculating that if it were an American craft, it, quote, "... shouldn't have been there." Very interesting stuff!

Sounds like you've got quite a show on your hands Mr. Hastings, and I wish you all the best with it. It's always great to see someone professional on the frontlines of the debate representing the subject we all hold in such high regard. Good luck to you sir!

Oh ffs, WHY OH WHY must they INSIST on having moronic, ignorant debunkers on with a guest who has credible first hand information to pass on?

Because they make the Ufologist look good?

Larry K. is a closet believer (IMO) and with his numerous shows in the last year, the last one with McGaha, the debunkers do look moronic. Seriously, Nye comes off as simply obstinate and obtuse and will argue anything while never giving an inch. McGaha is the epitome of a obviously closed mind and appeared to grasping at straws last time out. He'll be buried in a Lighthouse methinks...

Shostak is simply "The Academic" that comes off as if he's above it all. You know the type.

In the end, the contrast is a good thing (in moderation) and I'm looking forward to another ass kicking..I think King gets a kick out of it too (all the while trying to appear as if he's somewhat in the middle).

While they might make the SANE UFO researchers look good, they also serve to muddy the waters for uneducated Johnny Publics, as well as lessen the impact of the information people like Robert Hastings are presenting.

There is no need for them. Larry King has some balls for even doing these shows in the first place, but he needs to grow a bigger pair and run some programs without these morons.

Because lets me honest... they're not skeptics... they are hardcore irrational debunkers that should not be any where near a CNN television program.

Because they make the Ufologist look good?

Larry K. is a closet believer (IMO) and with his numerous shows in the last year, the last one with McGaha, the debunkers do look moronic.

- snip -
<SNIP>

<SNIP>

The last debunkers that appeared were Bill Nye and Seth Shostak - July 18, 2008.

McGaha hasn't reappeared after the show "UFOS: Questions & Controversy" - January 18, 2008.

James Fox has commented once that LK producer told him at the time that "McGaha will not be called again afer the debacle" :)

Anyway here is the complete list of shows, guests and transcripts from 2005. - I have them all also with the classic ones from the 90's - I will add those on the list in the future and I can see the videos have to be reuploaded:

http://tinyurl.com/ku457o

Some statistics:

CNN and UFO shows:

LKL 2008 - 7 UFO shows + 3 American Morning Shows on UFO's
LKL 2007 - 2 UFO shows + 1 Anderson Cooper UFO show
LKL 2006 - No UFO shows
LKL 2005 - 1 UFO show

Shows before 2005 are not added to the list yet but they will be in the future.

Best Regards

Witnesses to the UFO in <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:place w:st="on">Rendlesham <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceType w:st=
Forest</st1:placeType></ST1:place>:
30-Year Anniversary <ST1:place w:st="on">Reunion</ST1:place> Planned<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>
Organizers of the 30th Anniversary of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident are asking for all fellow USAF staff, and any other witnesses who had anything to do with the December 1980 incident, to attend the 30-year reunion next year in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">England</ST1:place></st1:country-region>. It will be held at RAF Bentwaters and will attempt to reconstruct the most complete picture of the incident ever.

The organizers are looking for anybody involved in the incident who would like to come over to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">England</ST1:place></st1:country-region> and/or or go on tape talking about the incident. This includes USAF/RAF staff, UFO researchers and witnesses in the area, as well as those who have worked on previous documentaries on the incident.
We are looking for anybody who knows anything about what happened, not just the main players, right down to the person who was in the command post on the nights of the events. We would welcome any assistance in getting to the bottom of a 30-year mystery.
Some former USAF Security Police personnel who were assigned to the Weapons Storage Area during that period have also reported UFO activity at the WSA. We are seeking information from those persons as well.
We are looking for sponsors to help put this together as well. If you would like to become involved, either as a witness or a sponsor, please contact us at [email protected] or check our blog at backtobentwaters.blogspot.com.

UPDATE: The Larry King Live UFO program scheduled for July 3, 2009 has been postponed due to the anticipated extended coverage relating to the death of Michael Jackson. The new date for the program has not yet been determined. However, once it is set, I will further update you.

Robert

All,

Still no word on the Larry King Live re-scheduled date for the UFO show.

On another subject, this was posted online overnight at other sites:

Exopolitics’ Michael Salla
Rebuked by UFO-Nukes Connection
Researcher Robert Hastings<O:p></O:p>

<O:p
----- Original Message -----<O:p></O:p>
To: Robert Hastings <O:p></O:p>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:13 PM<O:p></O:p>
Subject: Walter Cronkite saw UFO destroy a U.S. missile</O:p
<O:p> </O:p>
Dear Mr Hastings, I mentioned you and your book in the article below. [ARTICLE DELETED BY RH] If you would like to send me a review copy, I can do a more detailed article on your book for my Examiner column. I have thousands of readers so it should help promote awareness of the important issues you discuss in your book.

My address follows:

Michael Salla
Honolulu Exopolitics Examiner
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:address w:st=
</st1:address><st1:Street w:st="on">P.O. Box 2199</st1:Street>
<st1:City w:st="on">Kealakekua</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">HI</st1:State> <st1:postalCode w:st="on">96750</st1:postalCode>

Mahalo

Michael Salla, Ph.D.
Honolulu Exopolitics Examiner<O:p></O:p>
----- Original Message -----<O:p></O:p>
To: Exopolitics
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:17 PM<O:p></O:p>
Subject: Re: Walter Cronkite saw UFO destroy a <st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:pU.S.</ST1:p</st1:country-region>missile<O:p></O:p>
Dr. Salla,<O:p></O:p>
Classic! Precisely what I would expect from you. The Cronkite story was discredited years ago. Bill Knell?! You are actually citing Bill Knell as a credible source of information?! Why don't you do your homework before you publish or blurt out this kind of nonsense. <O:p></O:p>
As I told you once before, my well-grounded research on the UFO-Nukes Connection can only be harmed by your mentioning it in your incompetently-researched articles. In my view, your public utterances have set back legitimate UFO research by decades. <O:p></O:p>
Ever hear of Richard Hall? He died yesterday. You and your ilk would benefit from reading what credible persons--research giants such as Hall--have published over the years. IMHO, the corrosive effect of your influence is every bit as damaging to the UFO-disclosure process as the disingenuous UFO-debunking articles regularly offered-up by CSICOP/CSI. <O:p></O:p>
I cringe every time I hear someone associate my work with what you publish. Please don't do me any more favors.<O:p></O:p>
Robert Hastings<O:p></O:p>
ufohastings.com <O:p> </O:p>

Ever hear of Richard Hall? He died yesterday. You and your ilk would benefit from reading what credible persons--research giants such as Hall--have published over the years. IMHO, the corrosive effect of your influence is every bit as damaging to the UFO-disclosure process as the disingenuous UFO-debunking articles regularly offered-up by CSICOP/CSI.

<o></o> I cringe every time I hear someone associate my work with what you publish. Please don't do me any more favors.<o>

</o> Robert Hastings<o></o>
ufohastings.com<o></o>

Exceptionally well stated sir. It's a damn shame that time must be taken away from the good work you do in order to skewer the occasional quack.

It's an even bigger shame this field is overly clogged with such types on the left along with the irrational debunkers on right...the loud and mindless rants of which leave very little room for the excluded middle.

Wow. That's harsh. Not that its not appropriate.

I wonder if he is starting to get why so many people consider him not credible.

All,

I will be appearing on Coast to Coast AM with George Knapp tomorrow night, Sunday, July 26th, beginning at midnight Moutain Daylight Time. I will of course be discussing the UFO-Nukes Connection and one of my former U.S. Air Force sources, Patrick McDonough, will appear with me.

Pat was working as a site surveyor at an ICBM launch facility outside of Malmstrom AFB, in the fall of 1966, when a disc-shaped UFO suddenly raced in from nowhere and silently hovered over the site at low altitude. The survey team was so terrified that they jumped into their truck and took off at high speed. Down the road, McDonough missed a turn and rolled the vehicle. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Tune in and listen to Pat tell his story. Additionally, I will be presenting the statements of several other ex-military sources whom I've interviewed over the last year, following the publication of my book, UFOs and Nukes, in July 2008.

Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

@Robert Hastings:

This may seem like a ridiculous question and it may be impossible for you to remember but do you recall ever lecturing at Kent State University in Ohio, specifically about 12-15 years ago? The reason I ask is that I attended a UFO lecture at that university in that time frame and it is what really got me interested in the UFO subject. For the life of me I've never been able to remember who the speaker was. Since the publication of your book, UFOs and Nukes, you've been appearing all over the place on UFO related sites and when I saw your picture I very much started suspecting that you may be the speaker I saw. You look very much like the guy I remember.

I guess it really isn't that important. But people ask me sometimes what got me into this subject and I've always had to tell them I attended a lecture but can't remember who the speaker was. Recently I've been telling people the speaker might have been Robert Hastings but that I'm not sure. If you can remember whether or not you lectured at that particular university at around that time it would certainly help in clearing the matter up for me.

Robert,

Best of luck to you in your C2C appearance, good sir. Good to know that you'll be dealing with Knapp, perhaps you'll even get some decent questions, instead of what you'd be facing if the interview happened during the week. ;)

Of course, anyone wanting to hear about McDonough's experience can also listen to the excellent episode we did with him and you right here on Le Paracast. :cool:

dB

For a change, C2C was an excellent show with George Knapp and Robert Hastings. That was one that kept me interested all the way through.

Bravo!

The Hastings letter to Salla? -- wow. I'm just wondering where to put the life size bronze statue of Robert Hastings in my yard so it looks the most reverent.

And, I must have missed the Paracast interview with McDonough. Going to get that one right now. Thanks for the heads up David.

Hi Wickerman1972,

Yup, I spoke at Kent State in the mid-to-late 1990s.

Hi bobheck,

Pigeons poop on bronze statues, but thanks for the thought. Salla's widely disseminated nonsense makes my blood boil. I had already asked him, much more nicely, not to cite my work in his articles. That was a few months ago. I hope he got the message this time.

Robert

Hi Wickerman1972,

Yup, I spoke at Kent State in the mid-to-late 1990s.

Robert

Fantastic, that settles it for me then. I felt pretty sure when I saw your picture at ufochronicles.com but this seals the deal. Thank God my introduction to this subject was from someone sensible like you as opposed to some nutjob like David Icke or John Lear. I came to that lecture not sure what to expect and left quite intrigued. Then I started buying some books (Own app. 150 UFO related books now.) and it became quite clear to me that this "Are we alone?" question is a very silly thing for society to still be asking.

Wickerman wrote: Then I started buying some books. (Own app. 150 UFO related books now.)

RH: Maybe you'd like to buy one more, from a starving UFO researcher I know. Heh heh...

Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

Back