• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs and Nukes

In case you missed this exchange on the other thread, Dr. Michael Salla has responded to my rebuke of his highly-questionable sources and methods. His response is below, followed by my own retort.

Salla:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2383-Hono...pers-debunking-exopolitics-pioneers?#comments

Robert Hastings' initial response:

The new Research paradigm, as espoused by Dr. Salla:

In conversation with The Washington Post, Salla pointed to evidence widely available on the Internet as a source for his research on extraterrestrial visitation: "There's a lot of stuff on the Internet, and I just went around and pieced it together."

(Source: Carlson, Peter. "Ike and the Alien Ambassadors". The Washington Post. February 19, 2004.)

RH: Wonderful scholarship, Dr. Salla. You really are a pioneer! Humans of the future will owe you a debt of gratitude for pointing the way!

Has anyone read Mrs. Salla's Exopolitics bio? It's at:

http://www.exopoliticsinstitute.org/...Whitecliff.htm

An excerpt: "A telepathic communicator with angelic, extraterrestrial, astral and other multi-dimensional entities, Angelika Whitecliff is a natural clairvoyant and has conducted private consultations for well over a decade...In the past five years, Angelika has been called by the cetaceans of Hawaii and the humpback whales of the Caribbean to actively swim and forge a relationship of interspecies communication, DNA activation and mutually beneficial interactions regarding Gaia's and humanities [sic] shifting galactic consciousness."

Now that's a résumé!

An imagined conversation at the Salla house, over dinner:

The Doktor: "I'm worried. My high-level, inside sources on the Internet are saying that the Reptilians are making a power-play to unseat the Nordic aliens as our guardians. I fear that we Earthlings are in for more trouble. I sure miss the old, peaceful Space Brothers era of the 1950s."

The Missus: "Not to worry. My humpback whale sources say that all will be well if we just band together and hold hands, uh, flippers, and think positive thoughts."

(Oops, I think I'm being hysterical again.)

--Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

In the past five years, Angelika has been called by the cetaceans of Hawaii and the humpback whales of the Caribbean to actively swim and forge a relationship of interspecies communication, DNA activation and mutually beneficial interactions regarding Gaia's and humanities [sic] shifting galactic consciousness."
O.K. I'm coming out of my closet. I am a belugasexual, and proud.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Synchronicity is the coolest thing...2nd only to boobies.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attachments

• whale-kiss.jpg
    whale-kiss.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 55
I listened to the C2C show and it was another excellent interview. I am so interested in these cases. I don't believe I didn't get the book yet, but I am.

Promises, promises, DVS.

Had all of the people who told me they were going to buy my book actually followed through, I wouldn't need to hold-up convenience stores in the college towns where I lecture.

Heh heh...

On a more serious note:

© Copyright 2009 Robert L. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:place w:st=
</st1:place><st1:City w:st="on">Hastings</st1:City>. All Rights Reserved.​

On the Eve of the Anniversary of the Destruction of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nagasaki</st1:place></st1:City>:
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><o:p></o:p>

Two Former World War II Fighter Pilots Report
UFO Experiences at the
<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hanford</st1:City></st1:place> Plutonium Production Plant in 1945<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
When World War II ended, in September 1945, Clarence R. “Bud” Clem was a Lieutenant Junior Grade (Lt. jg) in the U.S. Naval Reserves, serving as an F6F Hellcat fighter pilot assigned to Air Group 50 aboard the U.S.S. Cowpens CVL-25. In an email, Clem told me, “[After the Japanese surrendered,] the Cowpens was the first aircraft carrier to arrive in Tokyo Bay and I was with the first flight to land at Yokasuka Naval Air Station (NAS) that day.”<o:p></o:p>
However, almost a year earlier, the Hellcat squadron had been based at NAS Klamath Falls, Oregon. “Our group was deployed to NAS Pasco, Washington for ground support training in March 1945.” Clem wrote, “The Hanford Ordnance Works was just across the Columbia River from <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Pasco</st1:City></st1:place> and designated TOP SECRET. We experienced an unknown object over the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hanford</st1:City></st1:place> site in March/April, 1945. I did not fly after the object, as two members of our squadron did, but I did assist in trying to determine what was going on. I am 84 and I do not know if any other members of our squadron are still alive [who] could add more information. If you have any information about our experience, I would like to see what the official report stated.” <o:p></o:p>
I wrote to Clem, saying that I didn’t have any official reports relating to the incident. I then asked for more details. Clem responded, <o:p></o:p>
"One night, shortly after the evening meal, the officers were gathered at the Officers Club for relaxation when the duty officer at the tower called our commander with a request. Lt. Commander Richard Brown took the call, as the Captain was in conference. Ensign C.T. Neal and I were with Brown and he asked us if we would volunteer to go with him to the flight line for possible duty. We both agreed and a jeep was waiting at the door to take us to the flight line. We learned that an unknown ‘bogy’ was over the Hanford Ordnance Works, according to the radar operator located on an auxiliary field just across the Columbia River from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City> reservation."<o:p></o:p>

"We had been instructed upon arrival that the Hanford Ordnance Works was Top Secret and NO flights over any part were permitted...We did not know about the radar, but the duty officer stated that something was in the sky over the area and wanted someone to investigate. A plane was [already] armed and warmed-up on the tarmac. Brown stated he would go and Neal was to stand-by in another plane, in case of trouble. I was to join the [controller] in the tower and communicate info from radar to the pilots."<o:p></o:p>

"Brown quickly found the object, a bright ball of fire, and took chase. But he could not close, even with water injection that gave a quick boost in speed. The object headed out NW towards <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Seattle</st1:City></st1:place> and was quickly lost by radar. Brown returned to base and we three retired to the club, still shaking and wondering what we had encountered."

"Memory does not recall details of two similar experiences—I think Neal was to take the next chase—but the object disappeared before he got airborne. I was assigned to fly the entire [<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City>] reservation at low altitude (200 feet or so) to give the radar operator the blind spots [caused by the terrain]…"<o:p></o:p>

"The third, and last attempt on our part to ‘catch’ and identify the object came just shortly before we returned to Klamath Falls, and then on to California and Hawaii, before joining the 7th Fleet in combat. I do not know if any other incidents occurred after we left <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State></st1:place>. None of the above information was mentioned in the ‘history’ of our squadron but I wonder what is on record at NAS Pasco." <SUP>1</SUP><o:p></o:p>
I asked Clem, “During the first incident, how long did it take for the aircraft to get to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hanford</st1:City></st1:place>?” He replied, “Not long. An aircraft was always ready to fly on short notice to intercept the Japanese incendiary balloons. If you’ve read the history of that project, and the concern the balloons caused, it would have been logical to intercept them before they could reach <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hanford</st1:City></st1:place>.” <o:p></o:p>
I asked Clem if the pilot on the first night, Lt. Commander Brown, had described the object in detail, either over the radio or back at the Officers Club. Clem replied, “He just said it was so bright that you could hardly look directly at it. As he closed on it, it took off to the northwest at a high rate of speed. No maneuvers really, just a straight-line course.” <o:p></o:p>
Other questions to Clem added few details. He later sent me his military records which revealed that the fighter squadron was actually at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pasco</st1:place></st1:City> from January 9 to February 15, 1945, not during March and April, as he had first indicated. Perhaps significantly, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City> began plutonium-separation processing on January 20, 1945. Some of that material was used in the “Fat Man” bomb that was dropped on <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Nagasaki</st1:place></st1:City>, on August 9, 1945. <o:p></o:p>
But Bud Clem’s account is not unique. Another former World War II fighter pilot, Rolan D. Powell, has revealed that he too had been involved in a UFO intercept attempt at the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City> plant, possibly in July 1945. That incident was first mentioned in a self-published book by Byron D. Varner, an aviation cadet during World War II whose naval career included a 13-year stint as a Navy Public Affairs Officer.
Upon learning of Powell’s report, Walt Andrus, former International Director of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), located and interviewed him. According to a short article available at nicap.org, Powell told Andrus that while he was unaware of the whereabouts of the other five aviators who had been involved in the action, and did not even remember their full names, they had nevertheless belonged to a squadron of 12 veteran fighter pilots who had survived combat in the Pacific as members of Air Group 3, while assigned to the U.S.S. Yorktown CV-10.
According to the article,
"Powell estimated that the event took place six weeks before the Japanese surrendered on September 2, 1945, which puts the sighting in the middle of July 1945."

"Powell told Andrus that six F6F [aircraft] made visual contact with the object, [which was] described as the size of three aircraft carriers side-by-side, oval shaped, very streamlined, like a stretched-out egg, and pinkish in color. Powell reported that some kind of vapor was being emitted around the outside edges from portholes or vents. He speculated that the vapor was being discharged to form a cloud for disguise. The object was observed at noon in a clear sky at an estimated altitude of 65,000 feet."

"The F6Fs went up as high as 42,000 feet, well above their rated ceiling of 37,000 feet, but could not reach the large object, which hovered above the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City> nuclear reactor for an additional 20 minutes, before going straight up as the six Hellcats gave up the intercept."<SUP>2</SUP>

A rather dramatic account, to say the least! Hopefully, at least some of the other members of Powell’s squadron who participated in this action can be located and interviewed. Efforts are currently underway to do just that. <o:p></o:p>
In any case, given Bud Clem’s recent report to me, it now appears likely that UFO surveillance at <st1:country-region w:st="on">America</st1:country-region>’s nuclear weapons sites began at least several months prior to the successful test of the first atomic bomb, in the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">New Mexico</st1:State></st1:place> desert, on July 16, 1945. Moreover, if Rolan Powell’s estimate of the date of his encounter at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hanford</st1:place></st1:City> is reasonably accurate, the event he describes would have occurred around the time of the test. (That said, Bud Clem’s initial estimate of his squadron’s presence at the Pasco NAS was off by some two months, perhaps not unreasonably, given that the reported event occurred over 60 years ago. Similarly, Powell’s estimate of the time-frame for his own experience may be somewhat inaccurate as well.) <o:p></o:p>
References<o:p></o:p>
1. Bud Clem to Robert Hastings, personal communication, April 2, 2009<o:p></o:p>
2. http://www.nicap.org/ncp/ncp-hanford45.htm<o:p></o:p>
--Robert Hastings<o:p></o:p>
ufohastings.com<o:p></o:p>
<O:p< font><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pHanford< st1:City ST1:p<><ST1:p<st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pHanford< st1:City ST1:p<><O:p></O:p>
</ST1:pHanford<></ST1:p<st1:State></ST1:pHanford<></st1:City></O:p<>

Promises, promises, DVS.

If all of the people who have told me that they are going to buy my book actually followed-through, I wouldn't have to hold-up convenience stores in the college towns where I lecture.

Heh heh...

Count me as one of those people. Your book and Peter Robbins' book are just two that I have intended to buy many times, but other things have gotten in the way. Being in Aus too makes the price just that much higher.

But I will eventually.

Fascinating accounts there Robert.

The more I read about this stuff the more convinced I become that the 'visitors' aren't really visitors at all.

Gareth: Count me as one of those people. Your book and Peter Robbins' book are just two that I have intended to buy many times, but other things have gotten in the way. Being in Aus too makes the price just that much higher.

RH: Maybe you need to rob a few convenience stores, or whatever you call them Down Under. I can give you few pointers...

Gareth: The more I read about this stuff the more convinced I become that the 'visitors' aren't really visitors at all.

RH: You don't get to have any opinions until the check is in the mail.

Heh heh... (Otherwise known as Smiley Face for all of you Cyber Age pups.)

Okay, enough levity for now. Back to the data:

© Copyright 2009 Robert L. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:place w:st="on">Hastings</ST1:place>. All Rights Reserved.

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
On July 10, 2009, Walter C. Levine, who was at the Nevada Test Site for the “Teapot” series of atomic tests, told me, <O:p></O:p>
"In 1955, I was at Indian Springs [AFB]. I was an Airman 2nd Class, an Air Policeman with the 4935th Special Weapons Group. We all had Q-clearances. [The officers] came around and said that they were going to pick certain men who would be transferred, temporarily, to the Ground Observer Corps. I was one of those chosen."<O:p></O:p>
"There was a little building near the runway, really just a wooden shack, that was pitch black inside, with one little light. There was a telephone in there and also a scope—a range-finder type of instrument—set up on a tripod. You looked down the center of it, where there was a grid, these squares that were superimposed over the sky. It was all night duty [for me]. When it got dark, you went out there and scanned the skies. Other guys were there during the day. This was while the [weapons] tests were going on."<O:p></O:p>
"If you saw anything moving in the sky, you would chart it with this range-finder and estimate the distance and the direction it was headed. Then you would pick up the phone and a relay what you saw, the time it occurred and so on, to this male voice on the other end." <O:p></O:p>
"When this [temporary assignment] was all over, we got promotion certificates that summarized the total time we were out there observing. They were issued a few months after the assignment was over. I have one right here, dated August of 1955, signed by a captain, recording the first 100 hours. This one is dated October of 1955, and says I had a total of 1250 hours of observation time in that little shack during the Teapot tests."<O:p></O:p>
"Now, almost all of the lights that I saw looked like round objects. But I think some of them looked square. They weren’t that close. You couldn’t see any kind of craft, just bright flying objects. Some were red; others were—I couldn’t really tell—white or yellow. Some had [smaller] lights on them, for example, red and white or red and orange. But they would be moving straight ahead and then violently move to one side or the other. They would make 90-degree turns! You know, immediately change direction and then accelerate and shoot out of sight, just like that! Very, very fast. They were definitely not stars. They mainly moved from south to north. I’m positive about that. The tests were at Yucca Flats, uh, 30 miles or so northwest of the base. They were doing tower bursts and airdrops from B-36s."<O:p></O:p>
I asked Levine if any of the UFOs had hovered. He replied, “No, I don’t remember that.” I asked him the approximate number of times he saw the objects. “I couldn’t give you the [exact] count but, believe me, there were numerous occasions. We didn’t see them every night, obviously, but I would guess it was dozens of times. But, during the entire time I was at Indian Springs, from September of 1954 to February of ’57, I only saw these things after the Teapot tests. The rest of the time, I had other assignments. [But the sightings were] always after the shots, hours later, or maybe a day or two later. I don’t recall seeing anything right before the shots or during the shots.” <O:p></O:p>
I asked Levine if he ever observed military aircraft pursuing the objects. He said, “No, I never saw that. The objects were always up there alone. They never stayed around long. They were only there for, maybe, four or five minutes at the most, then they were gone. <O:p></O:p>
Wondering if Levine had seen any of the green fireballs, I asked him whether any of the UFOs appeared as “green or blue-green meteors.” He replied, “No, not that I recall. Not that color, and they didn’t leave a comet or meteor-like trail.”<O:p></O:p>
He continued, “Anyway, once we made an observation, we charted it on paper, with hand-written notes. It was like a little note pad. You know, the time, the distance, the estimated altitude, the direction it was heading, and so forth. But those [summaries] were never turned in. They were destroyed before we left the shack. We threw them in a little trash can and burned them. We just used them to report what we saw to the guy on the telephone. He never asked any questions. He just took the information and, probably, forwarded it to someone. We never knew who those guys on the phone were. I don’t even know if they were on the base. And there wasn’t a phone-ring before they picked up. That was strange to me.” <O:p></O:p>
I asked Levine how many men in his unit were tapped for the Ground Observer duty. He said, “I knew of at least three, besides me. One was Allen Anderson; one was Wayne Baker. Then my friend, Joe Arvayo. He’s dead now. I don’t know where the other two are nowadays. There probably were more guys than that involved, but I’m not sure.” <O:p></O:p>
I asked Levine if he and the others ever talked among themselves about the objects they saw, when they were off duty. He replied, “Well, they told us not to talk about it—they always told us that, every time we reported one—but we did sometimes. We talked about ‘flying saucers’ when no one else was around. You know, a lot of people back then would pooh-pooh talk like that. But my outlook, even back then, was that we can’t be the only planet in the universe with intelligent life on it."

He continued, "But Baker was a dyed-in-the-wool Baptist from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State alt=
</st1:State><ST1:place w:st="on">Tennessee</ST1:place>. He didn’t believe in any of that stuff, you know, life out there in space. <st1:City w:st="on">Anderson</st1:City> kind of went along with <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Wayne</ST1:place></st1:City>. He used to say, ‘I never saw a flying saucer, so I don’t know [if they exist].’ But I would say, ‘What do you think we’ve been looking at?! Did you ever see a plane do the kind of things [those objects] were doing?!’ But we all saw them, all four of us. When we left that assignment, we had to sign these papers—not only about the aerial-scoping, but everything else that went on at the base—saying that we wouldn’t talk about it for 20 years.”<O:p></O:p>

<O:p>--Robert Hastings</O:p>
<O:p>ufohastings.com </O:p>

Powell told Andrus that six F6F [aircraft] made visual contact with the object, [which was] described as the size of three aircraft carriers side-by-side, oval shaped, very streamlined, like a stretched-out egg, and pinkish in color. Powell reported that some kind of vapor was being emitted around the outside edges from portholes or vents. He speculated that the vapor was being discharged to form a cloud for disguise. The object was observed at noon in a clear sky at an estimated altitude of 65,000 feet."

"The F6Fs went up as high as 42,000 feet, well above their rated ceiling of 37,000 feet, but could not reach the large object, which hovered above the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:City w:st=
</st1:City><ST1:place Hanford</ST1:place nuclear reactor for an additional 20 minutes, before going straight up as the six Hellcats gave up the intercept.<st1:State w:st="on"><st1:State>

What would a pink oval 1000 feet (.25 miles) by 900 feet observed from 4 miles away look like ?

floyd-pig5.jpg

Just kidding ;-)

The occupants of that mothership must have known the capacity of most earth aircrafts of the times, obviously was on a reconnaissance/monitoring mission and needed to be stationed above the plant for a certain amount of time.

My question, why this obsession with humans ? Just line up the guns and eradicate the species if it presents a danger.

Monitoring, sampling, abductions: The earth is a zoo !! Poke the humans from time to time and observe reactions. Corso: 'Send them fiber optics, advanced microchips and see how fast they decode and integrate technologies'.

</st1:State></st1:State>

RObert do you know anything about why AJs podcasts arent showing up any more? I usually download her show a few days later, but her podcasts have not been showing up for the last 3 weeks.

REally annoying too, as she has had some good guests. I emailed her but she didnt reply.

Hi Gareth,

I wrote to Angela and she told me this:

The archives format is being changed. Joe Montaldo is trying to put up a $1 per download pay site but so far is having trouble getting that done. We will see what happens.

BTW, y'all, I goofed in my last message. Ron Cody is not TV personality Cosmo, but someone else. Anyone know of him? Cody is claiming that he and I worked "closely" on the UFO-Nukes Connection data. One problem: I never met the guy and have no idea who he is. Another fraud it seems. (Move over Bob Collins, Richard Doty, Bill Moore, Bill Knell...)

Robert

Paranormal Radio Network has a Paltalk Chatroom.

When Frank Warren was on Eye 2 the Sky Saturday he was in the chatroom. There are many researchers who visit the room including Richard Dolan and Grant Cameron.

You can ask Robert questions right in the Paltalk Chat.

Back