• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs and Nukes

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We're pleased to welcome Robert Hastings, author of "UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites," as an occasional participant in our forums.

Robert was a guest on The Paracast in August, and you can check out that episode here:

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect....theparacast.com/podcasts/paracast_080831.mp3

And if you want to know more about his work, check his site, at UFOHastings.

Hastings was an excellent paracast guest - clearly a meticulous and thoughtful researcher.No doubt one of the "good guys"!
Nice to see that he's signed up to participate on the forums.I'm sure he'll be a great resource given his depth of knowledge on this topic.

And Robert - if you're out there - what's the status on the Malmstrom 1967 case? How many witnesses have been identified,so far? Have you interviewed any of the people who actually saw the craft that night?

Welcome to the family!

Cosmic!

Awesome indeed! I believe that particular show has become my favorite. I've listened to it more than any other. I just love delving into well documented cases and studying the facts, and Hastings brings that to the table very adeptly. Amidst all the bunk and unsubstantiated claims, no matter how credible or plausible they seem, it's always a breath of fresh air for me to look into the type of work Hastings presents. The documentation is superb, and on the subject of nuclear weapons, it shouldn't be anything less.

I'd also like to mention that I admired his demeanor and the way he carried himself on that Larry King episode. Couple that with the radio show he did here on the Paracast, I have no doubts the man knows his facts and can walk the walk. Any notions of him merely being a writer or reporter on the subject can easily be thrown by the wayside, because he has a passion for it.

Anyway, that might have been a tad overboard but I don't hesitate to give credit where it's due! I'm a huge fan. He's right up there with Dolan for me. I'm not comparing the two (We're all on the same side here), but in terms of the type of work I like to read and study from researchers.

Welcome aboard Mr. Hastings!

Is this fear mongering or what? scarey news

The Associated Press: Panel warns biological attack likely by 2013

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States can expect a terrorist attack using nuclear or more likely biological weapons before 2013, reports a bipartisan commission in a study being briefed Tuesday to Vice President-elect Joe Biden. It suggests the Obama administration bolster efforts to counter and prepare for germ warfare by terrorists.

"Our margin of safety is shrinking, not growing," states the report, obtained by The Associated Press. It is scheduled to be publicly released Wednesday.

The commission is also encouraging the new White House to appoint one official on the National Security Council to exclusively coordinate U.S. intelligence and foreign policy on combating the spread of nuclear and biological weapons.

The report of the Commission on the Prevention of WMD Proliferation and Terrorism, led by former Sens. Bob Graham of Florida and Jim Talent of Missouri, acknowledges that terrorist groups still lack the needed scientific and technical ability to make weapons out of pathogens or nuclear bombs. But it warns that gap can be easily overcome, if terrorists find scientists willing to share or sell their know

Hello all,

Thanks for the kind and supportive words. My participation in this forum will be limited due to other committments related to my research and writing. Moreover, I frequently travel on the college lecture circuit during the spring and fall and will have no email capability until I return home. If I don't respond to a particular question or comment for some time, please don't take it personally. I will respond ASAP, but that may be days or even weeks later. If one wishes to contact me with an urgent matter, my email address is [email protected].

Let me further say that I intend to post excerpts from my book, UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites, not necessarily to sell books, but to acquaint those who will never buy my book, for whatever reason, with my work and findings. To that end, I have already posted a number of articles at my website, ufohastings.com, as well as excerpts from the book at other websites.

At the moment, the available articles and excerpts are:

“A Shot Across the Bow” http://www.cufos.org/hastings.pdf

“Beams of Light” http://www.theufochronicles.com/2008/11/beams-of-light-excerpt-from-ufos-and.html
<O:p> </O:p>
“Launch in Progress!” http://www.theufochronicles.com/2008/07/launch-in-progress.html
“Like a Diamond in the Sky” http://www.eye2thesky.net/Hastings-Diamond_In_the_Sky.html
“Reporter Duped by UFO Debunkers” http://ufomagazine.squarespace.com/guest-blog/2008/8/27/reporter-duped-by-ufo-debunkers.html
“UFO Sightings at ICBM Sites and Nuclear Weapons Storage Areas” http://www.nicap.org/babylon/missile_incidents.htm

Now, in response to the question about the missile shutdowns at Malmstrom AFB, in March 1967, I will provide an overview:

1) Former Minuteman missile launch officer, Captain Bob Salas, and his missile commander, retired Col. Fred Meiwald, have confirmed the presence of UFOs at Oscar Flight (a flight consists of ten missiles controlled by a Launch Control Facility, or LCF) on what was probably the night of March 24/25. Both men were 60-feet underground in the Launch Capsule, but Salas took a call from one of his topside security guards, who told Salas that a red, disc-shaped UFO was hovering just above the LCF's gate.

Seconds later, most or all of the missiles "dropped off alert status", that is, malfunctioned. Col. Meiwald confirms that a two-man "strike team" was sent into the field to investigate and that they saw a second (or the same) UFO, whereupon they beat a hasty retreat to the LCF. Both launch officers were later debriefed by AFOSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigations) agents and sworn to secrecy. Salas kept quiet about the incident until 1995, when he began speaking publicly about it. Meiwald has confirmed Salas' account but is reluctant to talk about it.

2) I have interviewed former Lt. Bob Jamison, then a missile targeting officer, who assisted in the restart of the Oscar Flight missiles. A summmary of his account may be found in the last article referenced above. Long story short: Jamison says he was briefed on the UFO-involvement in the shutdown at the MIMS (missile maintenance) hanger before going into the field.

3) An earlier, full-flight shutdown occurred on the morning of March 16, at Echo Flight. Retired Col. Walter Figel, one of the launch officers that day, confirms receiving a call from a security guard, reporting a "large, round" UFO hovering over one of Echo's missiles. Seconds later, all of the missiles began to fail, one after the other. Figel's missile commander, Eric Carlson, claims that he can not recall the event but confirms that, over time, he had received "a great many" calls from security guards while at Malmstrom, during which UFO sightings were reported.

4) I have interviewed former missile targeting team member, N. Henry "Hank" Barlow, about his involvement with the restart of the Echo Flight missiles. His full statement appears in my book but he did say: <O:p

"[When we got back to Echo-1] we heard what happened. At Echo-2, there was a team in there earlier that afternoon that could not get the security [telemetry] to set-up, through the parabolic antenna or the soft support building or something like that. So, they put an Air Police team out there, in a camper, two guys. Anyway, one of the guys went out to take a leak, and he noticed that it wasn’t snowing over top of his head. The perimeter lights were on and he could see the snow coming down all around him so he looked up and saw a ring of lights right over top of him. He was scared stiff, so he went back to the camper and woke up his team partner.<O:p

When this other guy came out, he had a camera with him, which they weren’t suppose to have, but guys would do stuff like that. By then this thing had moved off the perimeter fence and he took pictures of it. [When the security team was debriefed back at the base,] the Air Force confiscated the camera and film. I was told all of this back at Echo-1."</O:p

An excellent summary of the Echo and Oscar shutdowns, written by Bob Salas and researcher Jim Klotz--who did the initial investigation of the Echo/Oscar incidents--may be found at:

http://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

The incidents are also extensively covered in the Salas/Klotz book, Faded Giant, and in my own book.

So, enough for now, Paracasters.

Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

I'm about 3/4 of the way through his book and I am quite impressed with the quality of the work. I can enthusiastically recommend it to anyone looking for a carefully considered and knowledgeable reference on the this aspect of the subject.

One of the things that I have been kind of puzzling over for quite some time now is reinforced through many incident reports in this book. The issue seems to be that there appears to be a long-term trend of inconsistent handling of ufo incidents, even spectacular ones that involve national security, by the U.S. defense/intelligence establishment.

In some cases, witnesses are formally debriefed, sworn to secrecy, made to sign documents etc. In other seemingly equally spectacular cases witnesses state that nobody in the chain of command ever said or did anything to ensure their silence or remind them of consequences although it was usually informally understood that one should not talk about it. In some cases, large paper trails, radar printouts, witness statements etc. seem to be readily available. In similar cases logs are altered and there seems to be no paper trail whatsoever even though there are multiple witnesses reporting the events and stating that, at least initially, there would have been a paper trail, radar printouts, radio/intercom recordings etc.

As amply reported in this and many other books, some of the inconsistencies can be explained by self-censorship of witnesses, not wanting to make their own lives any more complicated than necessary but it also seems that there are many cases where self-censorship is not the issue.

The usual consensus seems to be that Blue Book morphed into a PR outfit while AFOSI and maybe CIA/DIA looked into the national security events but in some cases it seems that Blue Book did indeed get involved in serious, spectacular national security cases even if they did eventually offer ridiculous explanations.

To me it seems to somewhat challenge the idea of a central control group pulling everyone's strings. To some extent it seems like there are just a bunch of factions that are not fully cooperating with each other but even in the case of a single entity, the Air Force, how cases are handled and what happens to the paper trail seems to be very inconsistent even in a given year, especially in the later years where one would presume the previous decades had offered ample time to work out strict protocols.

I'd be curious as to Mr. Hastings's thoughts along these lines. Would he agree that there seem to be such inconsistencies and what would he speculate to be the causes of such?

America drops two nuclear weapons on japan!! No surprise this guys have shown up dont you think? If we can use it on ourselfs we are capable if useing it on anyone, plus nuclear weapons of War World 2 probably have less blast radius than the ones we have today.
This ufo occupants seem to me at least like our little planet alot ok who knows even if they are strangers they could be here longer than us, so us fireing off nuclear weapons is not something they are all too pleased with?

Hi Dorkbot,

Yes, as I mentioned in my book, there are strange inconsistencies in the way the Air Force has responded to nuclear weapons-related UFO incidents. Because the situation has been unfolding, and evolving, over decades, perhaps it's understandable that the incidents were treated differently decades ago, as opposed to those occurring more recently.

Even so, within a given time-frame, the inconsistencies persist. I think that those persons directly involved were more likely to be formally debriefed by OSI or their commanders, while those only peripherally involved were not. Perhaps the thinking was/is: The more people you bring into the loop, by asking them about what they saw, thereby lending some legitimacy to their sighting by merely inquiring about it, the more liklihood of a leak or multiple leaks--that is, breaches of security.

In any case, squadron-wide debriefings of the launch officers seemed to be the exception rather than the rule over the years. On the other hand, one consistent response, from case to case, base to base, year to year, has been the immediate transfer of the missile guards who were involved.

Again, I think this was/is designed to minimize rumors and leaks at the air force base in question, which would occur if the guards talked among themselves about the incident, or to their spouses and friends, despite being warned not to. While it might be difficult or impractical for the Air Force to immediately transfer the much more highly-trained launch officers (although I know of one case where this apparently happened) quickly shipping the guards out, to different bases--so they could not continue to compare notes with each other--was/is less problematic.

Finally, I think some of the inconsistencies can be explained by different commanders reacting differently to such a bizarre situation, due to their personal, individual assessment of that situation. Given that crystal clear, officially-proscribed procedures are apparently not provided to squadron commanders in advance--which would provide guidance and prepare them for a possible UFO incursion--this policy predictably results a wide range of responses at the local command level.

At a higher level, say at Strategic Air Command (now the U.S. Strategic Command) headquarters, and the Pentagon, procedures are obviously in place, known by those with a need-to-know, but those procedures don't seem to be communicated to the various local squadron commanders, and certainly not the missile launch commanders beforehand. One might speculate that this arrangement is also designed to minimize leaks as well as general discussion of UFOs among the rank and file missileers. Only when an incident actually occurs, at a given base, involving a given squadron, does the reality of UFO incursions at missile sites become known to the local missileers involved, then and only then resulting in the security-related procedures being put in place.

While this approach seems illogical in some respects, it has the advantage of not bringing up the subject of UFOs among the missileers unless it is absolutely unavoidable, thereby minimizing leaks and even idle chit chat about the sensitive subject among the troops.

Anyway, that's the best I can do in explaining what I have been told my many former or retired USAF sources.

--Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

Hi Irishseekers,

Dr. Dave Rudiak has nicely summarized the UFOnauts' motives and tactics this way:

It has struck me that a great deal of UFO behavior is geared as demonstrations of advanced technical ability, a way of delivering a variety of messages to governments and militaries. Among the messages:

1. We are here. Get used to it.

2. We can go anywhere we want and you can't stop us. Get used to
it.

3. We can outfly and outmaneuver your best aircraft and
missiles. We can selectively knock out their communications and
weapons' systems. You have no defense against us.

4. We can activate and deactivate your nukes at will. We could
trigger a nuclear war if we wanted to and you would destroy
yourself. We choose not to, but if you want to challenge us, we
could.

5. We can literally fly circles around your missiles and knock
them out of flight. So even your most potent weapons are useless
against us.

6. We could bring down all your power grids if we wanted to and
turn your civilization into chaos. We can fry your electronics,
stall your vehicles, bring everything to a grinding halt. We
could, but we choose not to, as long as you behave yourselves
and don't challenge us.

7. We have vast armadas of little ships. Sometimes we like to
show them off in case you forget. You call this UFO waves. We
also have giant mother ships and some times we like to show
these off as well. Do you really think you can challenge us?

8. We can abduct people at will and wipe their memories. We
usually return them unharmed, though psychologically traumatized
deep in their unconscious, which we can't help. The point is, we
do as we want and there is nothing you can do to stop us.

No doubt, others could add to the list. Over and over again, the message is sent that they are here and that we are powerless to stop them. It's a big game of psychological warfare and intimidation. Maybe our militaries get "lucky" now and then and manage to shoot some of them down, but if so, the price has probably been very high in the number of our own aircraft that have been brought down.

I suppose the good news is that we are still here and some respect is shown to us as intelligent, conscious beings. They could have wiped us out a long time ago, if that was their end game.

My suspicion is that we are instead being monitored and quarantined. UFO activity really picked up when certain technological milestones were reached: flight, missiles, EM communications, and, of course, nuclear weapons. Soon, the mastery of the principles of interstellar space flight? That could be their ultimate concern. Our technology has advanced to
the point that in the not-to-distant future we could be a potential threat to them, particularly with our penchant for tribal warfare, as Stan Friedman so often points out. Aggressive, warlike primates with crazy belief systems and armed with nukes and interstellar craft are a very dangerous combination.

So for now, they are keeping us in our place by periodically reminding us of their superiority. They pick and choose where their demonstrations take place. Thus allows for plausible deniability by governments while still slowly acclimating the masses to their presence lest widespread social disintegration take place. Thus a policy of minimal interference and gradual disclosure.

They are biding their time and seeing if we can get our house in order. If we don't, that's our own tough luck. If we do, then the quarantine will slowly be lifted and more direct contact will take place.

[In summary,] I think it's about sending veiled messages, gradually introducing their existence without creating vast culture shock and without having to show up at the U.N. and giving a speech. There probably is more than one civilization involved, which does complicate things.

Hi Ally,

I don't know much about this incident other than what I read in the newspaper. I briefly scanned the online article you suggested, but have not read it carefully, so I have no comment at this time.

Robert

Its Wonderful to have you here Mr Hastings, like others have posted i too enjoyed the episode you did here very much.

Thanks for the links

<o></o><o></o><o></o><o></o><o><o></o>

Thanks for the well documented reply,mr.Hastings.UFOs & Nukes will definitely be the next UFO book I read.

The Malmstrom case is certainly one of the strongest ones out there,and these witnesses should be given immunity,so that they can testify before Congress.Hopefully,the next administration will put their money where their mouth is,and make some real changes in the way government operates - including more openness and transparency on this matter.

Cosmic!:)

</o>

Hello all,

Following the publication of my book in July 2008, various individuals have written to me and asked permission to translate excerpts from it into Dutch and Portuguese. The excerpts in question are listed by title in my first message on this thread.

I am now seeking persons who are capable of competently translating English into Spanish, French, German, Russian, or Japanese (or, for that matter, any other language).

I have no funds to pay for these translations but firmly believe that the truth about the UFO-Nukes Connection should be made accessible to as many people as possible, including those who do not speak English.

Therefore, I am seeking volunteers, who understand the importance of "spreading the word" as widely as possible around the globe, to assist me in my efforts to get the facts out. The translated excerpts will be posted at many other websites, which cater to non-English speakers.

Those individuals wishing to contribute to this project may contact me at [email protected].

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UFOs over ICBM sites at Malmstrom AFB in November 1975

Now, a new excerpt from my book, UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites:

The following NORAD log entries, relating to the sightings at Malmstrom’s Launch Control Facilities and Launch Facilities, were listed in an official U.S. Air Force letter released to researchers in 1977, via the Freedom of Information Act. The time of each report is expressed in Z or Zulu Time, the military’s version of Greenwich Mean Time. My own comments, in brackets, follow a few of the log entries:

24th NORAD Region Senior Director’s Log (Malmstrom AFB, MT):

7 Nov 75 (1035Z) Received a call from the 341st Strategic Air Command Post (SAC CP), saying that the following missile locations reported seeing a large red to orange to yellow object: M-1, L-3, LIMA, and L-6...Commander and Deputy for Operations (DO) informed.

7 Nov 75 (1203Z) SAC advised that the LCF at Harlowton, Montana, observed an object which emitted a light which illuminated the site driveway.

7 Nov 75 (1319Z) SAC advised K-1 says very bright object to their east is now southeast of them and they are looking at it with 10x50 binoculars. Object seems to have lights (several) on it, but no distinct pattern. The orange/gold object overhead also seems to have lights on it. SAC also advised female civilian reports having seen an object bearing south of her position six miles west of Lewistown.

[Note that all of these reports refer to the observation of aerial “objects”. Apparently, the Security Alert Teams could not identify them as either military or civilian aircraft.]

7 Nov 75 (1327Z) L-1 reports that the object to their northeast seems to be issuing a black object from it, tubular in shape. In all this time, surveillance has not been able to detect any sort of track except for known traffic.

[In other words, when these sightings were first reported by SATs, radar personnel at Malmstrom AFB and Great Falls International Airport could not detect any unknown aerial objects near the missile sites. As we shall see, radar contact with the UFOs was finally established as the sightings continued to unfold.]

7 Nov 75 (1355Z) K-1 and L-1 report that as the sun rises, so do the objects they have visual.

7 Nov 75 (1429) From SAC CP: As the sun rose, the UFOs disappeared. Commander and [Director of Operations] notified.

8 Nov 75 (0635Z) A security camper team at K-4 reported UFO with white lights, one red light 50 yards behind white light. Personnel at K-1 seeing same object.

8 Nov 75 (0645Z) Height personnel picked up objects 10-13,000 feet. Track J330, EKLB 0649, 18 knots, 9,500 feet. Objects as many as seven, as few as two A/C.

[Height-finding radar finally confirmed that UFOs were present, varying over time between two and seven in number.]

8 Nov 75 (0753Z) J330 unknown 0753. Stationary/seven knots/12,000...two F-106...NCOC notified.

[Radar confirmed that one UFO, at an altitude of 12,000 feet, had hovered—that is, was “stationary”—before resuming flight at a leisurely 7 knots, or 9 mph. Shortly thereafter, two F-106s were scrambled to intercept it.]

8 Nov 75 (0905Z) From SAC CP: L-sites had fighters and objects; fighters did not get down to objects.

8 Nov 75 (0915Z) From SAC CP: From four different points: Observed objects and fighters; when fighters arrived in the area, the lights went out; when fighters departed, the lights came back on; To NCOC.

[As SAT personnel at four different locations watched, the UFOs played cat-and-mouse with the F-106s, extinguishing their illumination as the jets approached their position and re-illuminating themselves after the fighters returned to base. The NORAD Combat Operations Center (NCOC) in Colorado Springs, Colorado was immediately informed of this incident.]

8 Nov 75 (1105Z) From SAC CP: L-5 reported object increased in speed — high velocity, raised in altitude and now cannot tell the object from stars. To NCOC.

9 Nov 75 (0305Z) SAC CP called and advised SAC crews at Sites L-1, L-6, and M-1 observing UFO. Object yellowish bright round light 20 miles north of Harlowton, 2 to 4,000 feet.

9 Nov 75 (0320Z) SAC CP reports UFO southeast of Lewistown, orange white disc object. 24th NORAD Region surveillance checking area. Surveillance unable to get height check.

[Note the reference to the UFO having a “disc” or saucer shape. Two more log entries from November 9th confirm that UFOs continued to be reported by SAT teams positioned near various missile launch facilities. Then the action moved from Malmstrom to Minot AFB, in North Dakota.]

10 Nov 75 (1125Z) UFO sighting reported by Minot Air Force Station, a bright star-like object in the west, moving east, about the size of a car...the object passed over the radar station, 1,000 to 2,000 feet high, no noise heard...NCOC notified.

END OF NORAD LOG ENTRIES

Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

UFO activates ICBMs in Soviet Ukraine in 1982

The following is a transcript from an ABC-Television News Prime Time Live segment about declassified Soviet KGB UFO files. The program aired on October 5, 1995.

DIANE SAWYER: In an ABC News exclusive first broadcast last October [1994] We asked ABC News Correspondent David Ensor to find out what's in the KGB UFO files.

DAVID ENSOR: During a five month investigation Prime Time obtained over a thousand pages of documents collected by the old KGB. We spoke to dozens of Russian scientists, government officials, and military men. We now know that the entire Soviet armed forces, a total of 15 million people over ten years, was involved in a UFO study that turned up forty major incidents, including one that prompted fears of starting an accidental nuclear war.

As a result of the study hundreds of UFOs were recorded and some were photographed. Some of the reports and some of the photos are clearly faked. But in other cases there were multiple witnesses.

DAVID ENSOR: October 4th, 1982 Byelokoroviche, Ukraine. Near a sleepy farming village our search brought us to perhaps the most frightening case of all, an incident that could have started an accidental nuclear war.

RUSSIAN MAN, EYEWITNESS: "I was riding a motorcycle not far from here. I saw a large object in the air. It had a perfect geometric shape."

DAVID ENSOR: Every person we spoke to in Byelokoroviche said they saw a flying saucer on that day. They told us it was huge, about 900 feet in diameter. For hours it hovered over the nearby ballistic missile base. Where Lt. Col. Vladamir Plantonev worked as a missile engineer.

LT. COL.VLADAMIR PLANTONEV: "It looked just like a flying saucer. The way they show them in the movies. No portholes, nothing. The surface was absolutely even. The disk made a beautiful turn, like this, on the edge just like a plane. There was no sound. I had never seen anything like that before."

DAVID ENSOR: Lt. Col. Plantonev took me to the ruins of what was then a missile silo with a nuclear warhead pointed at the U.S. It was dismantled 3 years ago after an arms reduction treaty. Plantonev was in the bunker on that day 12 years ago. In this room were dual control panels for the missile, each hooked up to Moscow. What happened next so alarmed Soviet Military leadership that a four man commission was sent to investigate, including Col. Chernovshev.

COL. IGOR CHERNOVSHEV: "During this period for a short time signal lights on both the control panels suddenly turned on. The lights showing that missiles were preparing for launch. This could normally only happen if an order were transmitted from Moscow."

DAVID ENSOR: No one had touched any buttons. No one had entered any codes. And yet as the UFO hovered over the base, the control panel showed the missiles were preparing to launch. For 15 agonizing seconds, the base lost control of its nuclear weapons.

Feb. 23rd, 1988. Six years later, at Kapustin Yar, near the Caspian Sea. It is Soviet Army and Navy day, a national holiday. An unidentified flying object appears on the radar screen protecting the military base. As the UFO moves toward central Russia the entire Soviet ballistic missile radar grid goes on alert. Several times fighter pilots are ordered to fire on the object. Each time the pilot would report that as he prepared to fire, the target had disappeared. Finally the UFO moved away for good.

Robert Hastings
ufohastings.com

Robert, Im curious to hear your take on the possible origins of our 'visitors'. What do you think of theories such as crypoterrestials, where they are an intelligent non-human race that evolved here on Earth in parallel with humans. They live in deep undeground and under-ocean bases. What about the interdimensional theory?

How much weight do you personally give those theories (and others) compared to everyones favourite ETH?

Thanks!

America drops two nuclear weapons on japan!! No surprise this guys have shown up dont you think? If we can use it on ourselfs we are capable if useing it on anyone, plus nuclear weapons of War World 2 probably have less blast radius than the ones we have today.
This ufo occupants seem to me at least like our little planet alot ok who knows even if they are strangers they could be here longer than us, so us fireing off nuclear weapons is not something they are all too pleased with?

The U.S. dropped atomic weapons on Japan, not nuclear.

Atomic weapons utilize fission (now obsolete, but in retrospect, a hell of a lot kinder--the first one dropped on Hiroshima was mostly a dud--less than 10% of it actually went off... the rest of it "fissiled" :p) whereas nuclear weapons utilize fusion... about 1000 times more powerful.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your inquiry about our visitors' origin(s). Having considered this question since the 1960s, when I was a teenager, I offer the following:

While the possibility of an advanced race other than humans inhabiting the Earth can not be ruled out, in my opinion, the odds are near zero. On the other hand, recent theories about parallel universes and higher-dimensional space (hyperspace) proposed by physicists such as Michio Kaku, make the idea of beings from other dimensions being here, simultaneously with us, less fanciful if not provable at the moment.

Another aspect of hyperspace theory is the possibility of faster-than-light (FTL) travel, which is achieved by temporarily exiting our four-dimensional space-time universe, traversing hyperspace for a period, at many times light-speed, then returning to a distant destination in our universe which would otherwise be inaccessible if linear travel from Point A to Point B were instead utilized--because the distance within space-time between the departure site and destination site is so vast. In other words, if hyperspace exists, interstellar and even intergalactic travel may be possible. If so, the odds are that some other race(s) in our universe have figured this out and developed a technology based on the concept.

Setting aside the highly-controversial abduction reports for the moment, and instead focusing on sightings of UFO occupants near a landed or low-hovering craft, the data suggest that we have several different groups of "humanoid" visitors, presumably from different worlds, because their physical attributes--facial features, skin color, height, etc.--varies widely enough to rule out, IMHO, a single point of origin for them. (And, yes, one of those races may be humans from the future, if some theorists are to be believed.) One of the best sources for information about occupant reports is at http://www.hyper.net/ufo/occupants.html

Robert

Robert one of the things that always worries me about the theory that they are true extraterrestrials is the fact that many sightings of occupants are - as you say - of humanoid looking creatures. I.E. these creatures seem to be related to human beings in some way. How do you reconcile that with the theory that the visitors have no history with this planet whatsoever?

Back