• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO Investigator Jeff Ritzmann to Reveal Personal Experiences on The Paracast

Not sure what a whack job mentalist is but to the cat: Jeff's house is (was; he moved) one floor. It's not a huge place and they have a dog. I think if a cat got in there they'd know.

To be honest, i think it rather difficult to judge one's character by radio. I think the personal touch, face to face will always win out in the end, i have listened to two different shows with jeff speaking. One with his wife lisa on his show, and the other by way of the parcast.

Jeff seems to be telling the truth, but you can be never too sure, because jeff is not a individual i know personally.Plus two shows doesnt really tell me much to be honest

Jeff to me a least , is trying telling us a story, not an ordinary story like you would find in a regular book at the nearest bookstore, this is story that doesnt get written.

Jeff has given us his story by way of the internet. It up to individuals to make up there own minds on the details. Dont judge ask questions!

Jeff has extreme encounters, but does our individual encounters seem any less extreme than his encounters? eg.....GIANT SHIPS, BALLS OF LIGHTS, SHAPESHIFTERS,GHOSTS, AND MANY MORE. This subject is extreme let us not forget that.

Every encounter posted on this forum is open for questioning, and than includes David as well. I have been reading many posts since i joined, i cant say for sure what is being posted is the true.?
But some of the storys i have seen, seem made up.Only a few mind you, but it would be rather unfair of me to single out does posts, that i consider to be fraudulent.

David and jeff are friends. I have listened to many shows, where David has told us of his encounters with strange phenomen. The craft over venezuala..... fully believe that story...... the hippie ghost......fully believe that story.......Cd that David always wanted, and his mother give him a sign that there was an afterlife........fully believe that story.......The black ufo over the house........fully believe that story.....the only encounter that "might"have a plausible explanation is the one discussed this week?

David seems to be a honest person. He believe's jeff is being honest . I will lean towards jeff being honest with all of us on the forums too.

Not sure what a whack job mentalist is but to the cat: Jeff's house is (was; he moved) one floor. It's not a huge place and they have a dog. I think if a cat got in there they'd know.

Whack job mentalist = Billy Meier (spelling?) and such like
No problem with that, i'm just saying that a cat seen out of the corner of the eye isnt neccesarily paranormal. tbh i am just trying to get a hold of whether it could be something that Jeff's mind created that turned into reality.
Sounds crazy maybe but no crazier than any other explanation.

I dont think it was seen out of the corner of the eye. I believe it was a full on proper cat sighting:D

Im curious: What is the part that has you so upset Hoff? Second question: have you read many books/experience reports on the subject? As you you work your way through the material youll start to discover heaps of weird shit dude. Jeffs experience in the country definitely isnt the strangest and potentially world-view changing encounter Ive ever read (and IM talking about by presumably credible people).

To be honest, i think it rather difficult to judge one's character by radio. I think the personal touch, face to face will always win out in the end, i have listened to two different shows with jeff speaking. One with his wife lisa on his show, and the other by way of the parcast.

Jeff seems to be telling the truth, but you can be never too sure, because jeff is not a individual i know personally.Plus two shows doesnt really tell me much to be honest

Jeff to me a least , is trying telling us a story, not an ordinary story like you would find in a regular book at the nearest bookstore, this is story that doesnt get written.

Jeff has given us his story by way of the internet. It up to individuals to make up there own minds on the details. Dont judge ask questions!

Jeff has extreme encounters, but does our individual encounters seem any less extreme than his encounters? eg.....GIANT SHIPS, BALLS OF LIGHTS, SHAPESHIFTERS,GHOSTS, AND MANY MORE. This subject is extreme let us not forget that.

Every encounter posted on this forum is open for questioning, and than includes David as well. I have been reading many posts since i joined, i cant say for sure what is being posted is the true.?
But some of the storys i have seen, seem made up.Only a few mind you, but it would be rather unfair of me to single out does posts, that i consider to be fraudulent.

David and jeff are friends. I have listened to many shows, where David has told us of his encounters with strange phenomen. The craft over venezuala..... fully believe that story...... the hippie ghost......fully believe that story.......Cd that David always wanted, and his mother give him a sign that there was an afterlife........fully believe that story.......The black ufo over the house........fully believe that story.....the only encounter that "might"have a plausible explanation is the one discussed this week?

David seems to be a honest person. He believe's jeff is being honest . I will lean towards jeff being honest with all of us on the forums too.

No-one is saying that anyone is lying. I am just trying to rationalise ther situation in my mind, and that was one of the many possible options to me. Its one of the possible options to me when anyone talks about a paranormal experience..
The paracast presents itself as a place where people can ask the hard questions that no-one else asks, and thats why i like it. All i have done is present some of the thoughts that go through my mind, and I don't treat the cases of anyone related to the show different to any others.

Do i think that Jeff is lying? No, i have discounted that theory
Do i think he might have thought he experienced something crazy but it was all in his mind? Don't know, there is not enough info for me, and there never will be. I can tell you I still ask myself the same question about my own experience so if i am asking myself that question I am surely going to ask the question in my mind when thinking of other peoples cases.
Do i think it is all exactly as he believes it to be? Again have no idea, but either way, i am currently on the brink of leaving the topic ufology altogether because just talking and thinking about such cases is scrambling my brains. My hat goes off to Jeff for keeping his sanity, I would have lost it long ago if i were him.

The paracast to me is an island of tranquility, in a sea of chaos.... i only hope that those who follow it, and in particular those who are related to it can stay objective and keep an open mind, not getting defensive when questions are asked about their experiences which are exactly the same sort of questions they ask about others. If so, i believe it will have a great future, and one that i want to be part of.

Jeff sounds like a great guy, but so does Clifford Stone. They both have extraordinary claims, yet neither have extraordinary evidence, and they probably don't care either. All i am saying, is that if anyone wants to bring any sense to this field, everyone should be treated with the same principles, unless they are shamelessly making money out of people.
People should be able to ask questions, and people should be able to tell us their stories, yet expect discussion :)

I dont think it was seen out of the corner of the eye. I believe it was a full on proper cat sighting:D

Im curious: What is the part that has you so upset Hoff? Second question: have you read many books/experience reports on the subject? As you you work your way through the material youll start to discover heaps of weird shit dude. Jeffs experience in the country definitely isnt the strangest and potentially world-view changing encounter Ive ever read (and IM talking about by presumably credible people).

I'm pretty sure he used the exact phrase "out of the corner of my eye" in the show. thats why Jeff thought it might have even been the rectangle.

Upset??? honestly, this is why i hate forums sometimes, i am so not upset at all, what reason would i have to be. :)
Literally, i have tried to make a few of my thoughts known, and one or two people took it the wrong way as they like Jeff. All i have done is try to justify my reasons for looking at the different options mate. Trust me i'm not upset at all:)
I will be however if this place turns out to be a 1 sided forum where only other people who arent related to the paracasts experiences are looked at, while those that are, are just taken as exactly what is told.. that would be a shame...
But i feel i should repeat, i like Jeff, i believe in my heart that Jeff experienced something, whether it was paranormal or not, and i like the fact that he shared it with us so it will make us think.

My post was something based on my own beliefs Hoff. It wasnt in reponse to anyone's post on this thread.:)

I completely agree with Hoffs persistence of the discussion. Im just a little confused why its this particular experience hes getting hung up on, when there are so many more weird and strange experiences from credible people out there in the public domain.

On the other hand, its unusual to have the actual person claiming to have the experience so close at hand (in a way) and maybe that is what Hoff is responding to.

edit, upset - or intrigued, whatever - was just a word I decided on ;)

I completely agree with Hoffs persistence of the discussion. Im just a little confused why its this particular experience hes getting hung up on, when there are so many more weird and strange experiences from credible people out there in the public domain.

On the other hand, its unusual to have the actual person claiming to have the experience so close at hand (in a way) and maybe that is what Hoff is responding to.

edit, upset - or intrigued, whatever - was just a word I decided on ;)

I'm not sure either really, but i'll reel off some reasons going through my head:
  • Its one of the most sinister experiences i have heard of.
  • Jeff is very believable, therefore makes it a higher point of interest
  • It close to home... as in it relates to someone close to the paracast
  • It is a VERY detailed account
  • It is one of the most 'out there' account is have heard. if what is occuring is really as Jeff Believes it to be, then it is the most mind boggling thing to have ever happened IMO
  • The situation has been made much of a situation i think only by me feeling like i have had to justify my inquisitiveness
Seriously tho guys, i'm just bouncing ideas around :)

I dont know guys i wouldnt get hung up on one individuals story, but i do get hoff's points.We can never be sure jeff is telling us the true. But why would he lie?..... what does he gain from that lie?

Here's the thing...

Jeff & I are just two guys. We're not saints, we're not omnipotent, we're not claiming to have answers for any of the questions that arise from our experiences. I do not know the sources of what I've seen, I have little idea of what all this means, and I don't claim to have the answers for anyone else's experiences, either. I'll go out on a limb here and state that Jeff is likely to agree with me on these points, though I'd certainly not put words in his mouth. I've gotten very close to Jeff, we're certainly extremely good friends, and I can only tell you that, as far as I'm concerned, I believe that he's undergone the experiences he claims to have had. I've spoken at length to his wife, and she confirms the veracity of these experiences.

Now that doesn't mean that you should believe a word I say, or that you should believe everything Jeff says, either. We are presenting our experiences as we remember them, and we're looking for some type of understanding. That's it. If folks want to listen to us, and contribute their thoughts and feedback, we welcome it. I've limited the experiences I'll discuss to ones where I can bring forward a co-witness. Are my brother, Jaime, and my friend Bill all lying about our shared experiences? What do they have to gain by coming forward with their real names? None of them are actively involved in the "field" to the extent that I've put my name and reputation on the line in a way that, to be honest, I'm still somewhat uncomfortable about, but I felt compelled, at this time in my life, to do so.

Clifford Stone says that there are 57 types of alien species visiting the Earth. Jeff & I will tell you that we're not even sure that what we're dealing with here is extraterrestrial, much less how many different sneakers they own and what brand of strawberry ice cream they prefer.

And I welcome questions and comments about my experiences, and will answer any queries to the best of my knowledge. But whether or not anyone believes me, well, my experiences and reality are beyond anyone's opinions, I was there, I know what I experienced. I don't know why, how or what, but I know that things have happened. That's the extent of the understanding I'm willing to share.

So bounce ideas around all you want, that's what we're here for.

dB

David I have one question regarding your experiences: How convinced are you that you should only reveal encounters you experienced with a co-witness?

Here's the thing...

Jeff & I are just two guys. We're not saints, we're not omnipotent, we're not claiming to have answers for any of the questions that arise from our experiences. I do not know the sources of what I've seen, I have little idea of what all this means, and I don't claim to have the answers for anyone else's experiences, either. I'll go out on a limb here and state that Jeff is likely to agree with me on these points, though I'd certainly not put words in his mouth. I've gotten very close to Jeff, we're certainly extremely good friends, and I can only tell you that, as far as I'm concerned, I believe that he's undergone the experiences he claims to have had. I've spoken at length to his wife, and she confirms the veracity of these experiences.

Now that doesn't mean that you should believe a word I say, or that you should believe everything Jeff says, either. We are presenting our experiences as we remember them, and we're looking for some type of understanding. That's it. If folks want to listen to us, and contribute their thoughts and feedback, we welcome it. I've limited the experiences I'll discuss to ones where I can bring forward a co-witness. Are my brother, Jaime, and my friend Bill all lying about our shared experiences? What do they have to gain by coming forward with their real names? None of them are actively involved in the "field" to the extent that I've put my name and reputation on the line in a way that, to be honest, I'm still somewhat uncomfortable about, but I felt compelled, at this time in my life, to do so.

Clifford Stone says that there are 57 types of alien species visiting the Earth. Jeff & I will tell you that we're not even sure that what we're dealing with here is extraterrestrial, much less how many different sneakers they own and what brand of strawberry ice cream they prefer.

And I welcome questions and comments about my experiences, and will answer any queries to the best of my knowledge. But whether or not anyone believes me, well, my experiences and reality are beyond anyone's opinions, I was there, I know what I experienced. I don't know why, how or what, but I know that things have happened. That's the extent of the understanding I'm willing to share.

So bounce ideas around all you want, that's what we're here for.

dB

The main problem here is that this thread has been railroaded by forum misunderstanding. I am really appreciative of you guys sharing your experiences, and don't think you should neccesarily even stop at the ones where other people were involved.
I am fascinated by what you guys have gone through and my posts in this thread were merely meant to stir up conversation from a philosophical point of view.

what if x were true, what would it mean?
How about if y were true?

I know you don't have the answer, and neither do i. But the story ACTUALLY keeps me up at night sometimes when i think about it (including last night) as i find it so interesting. I have constantly tried to steer the thread away from the topic of 'lying' as it is only one of the many options and imo one of the least likely, yet somehow we keep going back to the subject. Its no ones fault, just what happens when tensions are high because ppl are talking about their experiences, and when you have a forum with people posting from all different cultures, countries etc, the real messages get mixed up in forums.

The Clifford Stone reference was again just an interesting question for me really. I mean, i would bet £1000 bucks that he is talking out of his ass, and i'd bet the same that you guys are not.
But i question myself as to why? Why is he so unbelievable when Jeff is so believable? I can't think of the reason, i just know that he is.... its very odd.

Anyway, no-one else mention lying, or i am gonna gauge my eyes out with a spoon.... and i just spent £4k on laser eye surgery so i would rather not have to do that 8)

i would bet £1000 bucks that he is talking out of his ass, and i'd bet the same that you guys are not.
But i question myself as to why? Why is he so unbelievable when Jeff is so believable? I can't think of the reason, i just know that he is.... its very odd.

Because, as Dave is saying, Stone is certain. He's not only telling you it's aliens, he's telling you how many. He's giving you a story about what is happening at the political/military level without a shred of evidence.

Jeff is saying "This is my experience. I don't know what it means, or what it is, or if I'm even perceiving it correctly."

One guy is giving you concrete answers sans concrete evidence and you have to take him at his word. The other is sharing his life story with the same confusion you have listening to it.

Then there's the intangible ingredient: you believe Jeff because he is believable. Your Spidey Senses don't tingle when he speaks. It's the same gut feeling you use when judging people you meet for the first time. (Not that that's foolproof, but if no alarm bells are going off it can't be a bad sign can it?)

I trust Jeff implicitly. I know you're not talking about lying but for the record, if he called me up one day and said, "Dude, just kidding about everything. And we out! Peace!" I would quit. I'd leave the field and go get my own head examined because if he's full of it and that convincing on a day-to-day level, then what am I?

And I've only known him what? A little over a year? That's how much I already think of him and his word being his bond.

And PS: Same goes for Dave.

None of this is to say they/we aren't batshit crazy and just don't know it. I'm just saying I know they aren't lying and I know why I feel that way about them and Stone, Greer, Pat Robertson, etc.

You know what, Jeremy?

Thank you for getting it. It's really hard to explain that, and you wrote it out better than I could ever express it. You're a wacky kid, but you're smart as hell. And your heart is definitely in the right place.

dB

Thanks Jeremy
In fact not only does that post explain it brilliantly, but its exactly the sort of conversation that I am looking for when i make these posts. Everything i write is just intended to try and get some kind of answers for myself just so i can try to put the topic to bed inside my head. (that wasnt meant to rhyme :p).
It really does get me thinking though, why two people can have crazy experiences, and one seems like a whacko, whilst the other doesn't.
Great post, it explained it well.

On another note, i'd like to kind of retract some of my other statement, i honestly don't believe that Clifford is neccesarily talking out of his ass. I think he believes what happened to him actually happened, I just don't think it did. I think with all his documents he is trying to prove to himself that it did, but in reality i think he is just a bit delusional.

It really does get me thinking though, why two people can have crazy experiences, and one seems like a whacko, whilst the other doesn't.
Great post, it explained it well.

Because one is lying and the other isnt:D I believe Mr Stone is just full of shit.

Back