• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO in Montreal

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
Here's an article about a UFO in my city.

Cote St. Luc UFO? Doctor says so

Cote St. Luc UFO? Doctor says so

Strange object spotted above Cavendish Mall

The Gazette September 30, 2010 4:11 AM

First of all, Dr. Cleve Ziegler would like to emphasize that he is not a crazy person. In fact, he's an obstetrician-gynecologist at the Jewish General Hospital.
But he acknowledges that what he saw while driving home from surgery early yesterday will definitely seem crazy: a strange flashing object in the sky, right above the Cavendish Mall in Cote St. Luc.
Was it a UFO?
Ziegler was driving along Cavendish Blvd. about 1 a.m. when he saw the bizarre object near Kildare Rd. He parked his car and got out to get a better look, he said.
He said it was like nothing he had ever seen before. It had blue and red twinkly lights, and looked nothing like a plane or someone shining a flashlight at the sky. The sighting disturbed him, he said.
"The pattern of motion was erratic -it was moving up and down, sideways. It was not like a flying saucer, more like a couple of triangles," he said.
There was another man on the street looking up at the sky, he said. He went over and they looked at it together, agreeing that they were seeing something unusual. The man said his girlfriend also saw it and was "freaked out." Another woman in the parking lot also saw it.
Ziegler says he took out his cellphone and called 911 to report the sighting. He watched the object for about 10 minutes, then went home. Police came to interview him at home a few hours later, he said.
Montreal police said they received three calls yesterday reporting UFOs -two in Cote St. Luc and another in the east end. Officers investigated the claims, but nothing proved there was anything strange going on, Constable Daniel Lacoursiere said.
"We called the airport in Dorval and they said there was nothing on the radar in that area," he said. "In the east end, they said there may have been a chopper flying over, but nothing appeared in the Cavendish area."
Had something suspicious showed up on the radar, the case would have been transferred to the RCMP, Lacoursiere said.
Still, Ziegler is shaken and certain of what he saw.
"This left me with the deep sense that I had seen something not from this planet."

Here's an article about a UFO in my city.
Wow, aren't you lucky? Right there in YOUR town! I'm sure you've made the phonecalls to your network and have dispatched the troops to the site to do an in-depth investigation.... Inquiring paracaster minds are awaiting the results of YOUR investigation!!!

Anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask...
Cool!

Wow, aren't you lucky? Right there in YOUR town! I'm sure you've made the phonecalls to your network and have dispatched the troops to the site to do an in-depth investigation.... Inquiring paracaster minds are awaiting the results of YOUR investigation!!!

Cool!

...and that was helpful how?

The sooner ego and snide remarks are removed from this whole chaotic subject the better we can focus on the facts and what is actually going on.

...and that was helpful how?

The sooner ego and snide remarks are removed from this whole chaotic subject the better we can focus on the facts and what is actually going on.

No it was helpful to remind doubters who ridicule other for speaking out;) Its just little payback and not meant to be a personnel attack only skeptics use that tactic and just a dose of your own medicine;)

Cool!

Hold on there Chris. Jesus. Angelo just shared an article (without commentary attached) and you jump down his throat. Thats not right. Why the fangs?

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

No it was helpful to remind doubters who ridicule other for speaking out;) Its just little payback and not meant to be a personnel attack only skeptics use that tactic and just a dose of your own medicine;)

To remind them of what exactly? That to post an article that supports the anomalous nature of the phenomenon wont be tolerated. This should have been an excellent time to engage Angelo about the article and his feelings on its veracity. Further widening the chasm between the two side by making it about anything but the anomalous nature of the material presented is a waste of time and effort. We need to start looking beyond the personality conflicts and petty tit for tat crap if we want these subjects to be taken seriously. We are giving way too much time to the negative in spite of the positive aspects.

Hold on there Chris. Jesus. Angelo just shared an article (without commentary attached) and you jump down his throat. Thats not right. Why the fangs?

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

To remind them of what exactly? That to post an article that supports the anomalous nature of the phenomenon wont be tolerated. This should have been an excellent time to engage Angelo about the article and his feelings on its veracity. Further widening the chasm between the two side by making it about anything but the anomalous nature of the material presented is a waste of time and effort. We need to start looking beyond the personality conflicts and petty tit for tat crap if we want these subjects to be taken seriously. We are giving way too much time to the negative in spite of the positive aspects.

Reminds them that when people see something "UFO" and tell others for example media and forums the so call "experts" jump down there throats and attack the person not the information but when the tables are turned they see a UFO themselves they soon forget there actions of the past! I agree keep to the positive Ron:D

Don't worry about it. Christopher just doesn't like me very much.
Nothing personal Angelo, I was just pointing out what a wonderful opportunity you have to dive in and be a part of the solution. Here's your perfect opportunity to muster the troops, dive in, check it out and get directly involved in attempting to solve the mystery. What a great lead!

"Ziegler is shaken and certain of what he saw. 'This left me with the deep sense that I had seen something not from this planet.'"

If this had happened in my neck of the woods, I'd be out beating the bushes, making the phone calls gathering data etc....

It really sucks when people expect others to always be the ones to do the hard work interviewing witnesses, making the calls and doing the legwork. Unless you've been motivated to do the work, how can you expect to be taken seriously? Dang...

I'd love a sighting like this...one of the classic types whereby people jump out of their cars and watch with jaws on the ground. Seeing something like the Hudson Valley flap of the 80s would make my day and settle some big questions. In this case, the description of flight characteristics suggests something extraordinary. The witness' reaction suggests they were undoubtedly very strange to his experience.

I've seen UFOs and only one was definitely intelligently controlled...terrestrial or otherwise...who's it was is anyone's guess?!

Although the gentleman in the OP has been left shaken, I'd willingly trade places to witness an object that could resolve my personal UFO questions. Thinking about it, would a CEII really lessen the confusion? You could know that you'd seen something ET/ID and be secure in the knowledge that life elsewhere was a fact and advanced. At the same time, would the UFO subject become any less murky or deceptive?

NOPE!!!

Nothing personal Angelo, I was just pointing out what a wonderful opportunity you have to dive in and be a part of the solution. Here's your perfect opportunity to muster the troops, dive in, check it out and get directly involved in attempting to solve the mystery. What a great lead!

"Ziegler is shaken and certain of what he saw. 'This left me with the deep sense that I had seen something not from this planet.'"

If this had happened in my neck of the woods, I'd be out beating the bushes, making the phone calls gathering data etc....

It really sucks when people expect others to always be the ones to do the hard work interviewing witnesses, making the calls and doing the legwork. Unless you've been motivated to do the work, how can you expect to be taken seriously? Dang...

Christopher, I don't pretend to be an investigator of any kind, I never have. If it happened in your neck of the woods, of course you would be investigating this, it's what you do.
It isn't what I do. I go to work from 8 to 4 in a pretty great job where I get paid well and have no stress, have a few discussions on this forum during my free moments, go home, have a good time with my family (you can see that in the awesome video I posted), and then wind down with a little entertainment before going to bed. My life is simple and wonderful. I may not be the most well liked person on this forum because of my opinions, and some of my criticisms come off sounding harsh, but I try my best to back up what I say.

I just wanted to post an article about someone seeing what they thought was a UFO in the city I'm in most of the week.

:eek:So you're not going to represent the forum? Dude, its a multiple witness sighting! Is there a local MUFON-like organization up that way looking into it you think?

I wish I had the time or the inclination to do so, but I really doubt I'll be looking into it. I'm not an investigator.

Red lights: Airplane, copter, or Santa. It could have been Venus! ;)Most all of em are Venus don''tcha know? More than one person? No prob! The air was thin that night according to our sources at the weather station in the airport. The lack or oxegen in the atmosphere combined with looking up at the night sky has often caused one or more people to get dizzy. The lights in the eyes will at times cause a "twinkling" sensation. Also, combined with wishful thinking and there ya have it. Nothing to see here. Also, due to the influx of U.F.O. movies and the fact that one or more of the witnessness have read or seen a sci fi movie at some time in their life answers the question without it even needing to be aske. Also, the memory of people is notoriously weak and who knows what really happened. Also, were they a cop or pilot or astronomer? If not then they are just rubes. If they were a cop or pilot or amautuer astronomer everybody knows they make lousy witnessess of anything at all in the sky. in other words again: NOthing to See Here! Move along!

I see the following UFO organizations in or about Montreal.

http://quebec-ufo-research.com/
http://www.ovni-alerte.com/

Unfortunately, they are both in French and I can barely remember the single year of French I took in High School. But if someone does read/write French perhaps we can ask one of these organizations for more information. Just a thought.

OOPS, scratch that! I found the american flag on one of them that changes the language. These here enterwebs is hard to figur out.

"Personal". "Personnel" would be staff.

But okay, for the sake of argument let's say Angel did investigate and found it to be something mundane, what then? Wouldn't that just be egg in the face of the believers and another smugly indented notch in the belt of the skeptics?

No, scotsmax and Ron are right on, divise jabs do nothing to help the community.

I see the following UFO organizations in or about Montreal.

http://quebec-ufo-research.com/
http://www.ovni-alerte.com/

Unfortunately, they are both in French and I can barely remember the single year of French I took in High School. But if someone does read/write French perhaps we can ask one of these organizations for more information. Just a thought.

OOPS, scratch that! I found the american flag on one of them that changes the language. These here enterwebs is hard to figur out.

Ron, the second link you posted.

There is claim, there was four eyewitnesses who saw the UFO.

(Quoting Dr Zeigler) There was another guy on the street who himself looked up at the sky. I approached this man and together we observed the Phenomenon. The Guy told his girlfriend who accompanied him to join him, but at the sight of this, she Flippee! ... Another women in the parking lot also saw the UFO, bringing the number of eyewitnesses to four.

I skipped past large chunks of the text, it would just take too much take time to translate and convert to English!

Quoting Dr Zeigler * I took out my cell phone and dialled 911 to report the sighting. I watched the object for a full ten minutes. There is editor note* Which claims there is film of this Pan-UFO as they call it in the article. The police questioned me at my residence a few hours later.

There is update dated Thursday Sept 30 2010.

Dr Zeigler has run pictures of the NAP with his Cell phone. We'll get them tomorrow, Friday, and undertake a complete analysis and thereafter, we will place them in our website. Moreover, this Evening or rather on Friday 1 October I go to the location with another Technician UFO-Network Investigator-Alert, History to make the action telemetry database. Also we plan to make pictures and videos of places if the weather permits.

Quoting Officer Daniel Lacoursiere* We received three calls reporting UFO's Wednesday. Two from the public sector of "Cote st Luc" and another from the east end of the Island. Police officers studied the complaints of Citizens, but nothing has been proved that there was something strange that actually happened at the time. We contacted the staff of the "Dorval airport" and they said there was nothing on their radars in the area.

So sometime during the Weekend or later the site I am quoting from will post pictures or film of the UFO seen.

Dr Zeigler* The Object has blue and red lights and they were flickering. The movement of the object were irregular, it was moving up and down and sideways. It was not like a Flying Saucer. It was more like a couple of triangles.

Anyway hope this information helps...

But okay, for the sake of argument let's say Angel did investigate and found it to be something mundane, what then? Wouldn't that just be egg in the face of the believers and another smugly indented notch in the belt of the skeptics?

No, scotsmax and Ron are right on, divise jabs do nothing to help the community.

Worse yet, if I did investigate it and found out it was a balloon or something, I would be called a debunker because I went in with my mind made up. There's no point since people will find what they want to find.

Thankyou for pointing that out and you are better at spelling and good for you !:D

Back