• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Reason Why The Abduction phenomena Gets No where

I find wickermans post a bit strange, So Doctors Nurses pilots and Police officers are not convincing witness's but you would like to see gang bangers and prostitutes come forth and report UFO's ?
I think most people, including those witness's them selves would have to consider the possibility of a drug induced hallucination as an answer.
Black people DO see UFO's

And

William B. Gill, an Anglican priest with a mission in Bosinai, Papas New Guinea, observed craft-like UFOs -- one with Humanoid figures on top -- on two consecutive evenings, June 26-27, 1959. About twenty-five natives, including teachers and medical technicians, also observed the phenomena. They "signaled" the humanoids and received an apparent response. This was one of sixty UFO sightings within a few weeks in the New Guinea area.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case67.htm

Summary: On the morning of September 16, 1994, teachers and school officials at the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe were amazed when the school's students, aged approximately 5 to 12 years old, reported that a flying object had landed on the school grounds.
http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1453.htm

And these children have been reinterviewed and not a single one has changed their story.

As to abductions only happening to white people, well the simple answer which fits accounts of generations of abductions occuring in the same family, is that they are only interested in specific bloodlines. we do the exact same thing when studying animal populations in the wild and in science.
Not saying that is the answer, but is a valid conclusion based on the data, to say since only white people get abducted is proof its not real, is like saying pidgeons dont get caught and tagged, because sparrows dont.
The data is more suggestive of selective targeting, rather than not happening at all.

The time traveller scenario could also contain an explanation for selective abduction too.
If what we are seeing is Humans from the far future in our linear time, coming back to uplift the conciousness component of their ancestors into artificial bioforms as a means of preserving them, then they may only be targeting their own bloodlines.
ie: the technology to travel back and "upload" my dead grandmother becomes available to me using brain computer interfaces, artificial bioplatforms and temporal wormholes, so i do so, she in turn wants to revive her mother and father, they in turn want to revive theirs.........etc etc.

If in the distant future the human population is limited to those who survived natuarl and or other disasters, then it stand to reason this limited population base would have a limited target line "downtime"

Indeed the Cahill case makes such a reference

Oh, there's one thing I remember that he said: "I wouldn't harm her. She's my daughter."

Streiber in his recent interview with Col alexander makes similar ruminations, that the "dead" seem to be involved, and that hes not sure they are aliens at all.
If they are time travelling humans reviving their ancestors, uploading their conciousness into artificial "new" bodies then selective abduction might be explained by this

The late Cynthia Hind investigated cases in Africa, including the Ariel School incident. I am still waiting for the documentary by Randy Nickerson - I guess they are waiting for more funding to finish the film.

The late Cynthia Hind investigated cases in Africa, including the Ariel School incident. I am still waiting for the documentary by Randy Nickerson - I guess they are waiting for more funding to finish the film.

Yes, but having to delve deeply into searching for the few cases with Minorities, versus the sincere ability to pick thousands upon thousands of cases involving middle to upper class Caucasians is exactly the point we raised.

A few of one aspect versus so many of the other....simple deduction and nothing more.

I guess my point was, there have been sightings all over the world. Perhaps a sample just from America might be skewed.

I guess my point was, there have been sightings all over the world. Perhaps a sample just from America might be skewed.

But even observing the international files, notice how many of them are "Caucasian" and how many are what is deemed "Minority"....Again you will find a case for one aspect of the sociological rung.

And as is the case with this phenomena, the potential variables are so complex as to make any sorts of conclusions little more than guess work.
What we do know, is that something is happening

What we do know, is that something is happening

We just don't know what, where, or why to any degree of certainty. However, the general consensus from the medical and scientific community (as I understand it) is that the answers to what, where, and why all have to do with events of the mind.

Yes, but having to delve deeply into searching for the few cases with Minorities, versus the sincere ability to pick thousands upon thousands of cases involving middle to upper class Caucasians is exactly the point we raised.

What study are you looking at with these "thousands upon thousands of cases?" Where are you getting your data from?

What study are you looking at with these "thousands upon thousands of cases?" Where are you getting your data from?

Throughout the years even you cannot deny that most of the cases of purported "Alien" abductions were done to people in middle to upper class Caucasian society.

My point wasn't to note each and every case which equaled a thousand or more, but to emphasize how they added up to a larger number than the very same event happening to minorities as a whole.

Throughout the years even you cannot deny that most of the cases of purported "Alien" abductions were done to people in middle to upper class Caucasian society.

Oh yes I can deny knowing such a thing because I don't. I have no basis to make that assumption whatsoever.

My point wasn't to note each and every case which equaled a thousand or more, but to emphasize how they added up to a larger number than the very same event happening to minorities as a whole.

So you made it up? Your entire argument is based on what you imagine to be true? This is why alien abduction research gets nowhere. Assumptions, preconceived notions, and an absolute dearth of any real information.

Oh yes I can deny knowing such a thing because I don't. I have no basis to make that assumption whatsoever. So you made it up? Your entire argument is based on what you imagine to be true? This is why alien abduction research gets nowhere. Assumptions, preconceived notions, and an absolute dearth of any real information.

So what do you want here? You want me to list the cases of "Caucasian" abduction cases? You aren't making any sense.

So what do you want here? You want me to list the cases of "Caucasian" abduction cases? You aren't making any sense.

Actually he is making a lot of sense.
You can't just say something and not back it up at all. At least point us to somewhere that has them listed and why you said there were thousands.

A reference maybe. What books are you reading where "thousands and thousands" of cases are referenced, discussed, or whatever? Where is the research that you have been reading that backs up that statement.

Those questions don't make sense to you?

A reference maybe. What books are you reading where "thousands and thousands" of cases are referenced, discussed, or whatever? Where is the research that you have been reading that backs up that statement. Those questions don't make sense to you?

Ok, I don't know why I am doing research for you, but here are just some of the many cases of "Caucasion" abductions. Other than Barney and Betty Hill, and Barney the only minority in the formula, please find as many cases of minority based abduction within the 3 minute or so time it took me to answer your question:

Alien Abduction Best Cases of Alien Abduction

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/index/abductions/abductions.html

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Travis Walton experience - one of the greatest alien abduction cases ever

The Ilkley Moor Alien Abduction

The ALLAGASH ABDUCTION, UFO Casebook Alien Abductions

Australian Alien Abduction Cases

Case in point.

Ok, I don't know why I am doing research for you, but here are just some of the many cases of "Caucasion" abductions. Other than Barney and Betty Hill, and Barney the only minority in the formula, you find as many cases within the 3 minute or so time it took me to answer your question:

Alien Abduction Best Cases of Alien Abduction

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/index/abductions/abductions.html

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Travis Walton experience - one of the greatest alien abduction cases ever

The Ilkley Moor Alien Abduction

The ALLAGASH ABDUCTION, UFO Casebook Alien Abductions

Australian Alien Abduction Cases

Case in point.

You're doing the research because you're the one that says there are THOUSANDS cases. You shouldn't' just throw out numbers like that.

You're doing the research because you're the one that says there are THOUSANDS cases. You shouldn't' just throw out numbers like that.

Hay Angelo, if I was to comment every time you make a generality within a point, you'd be sadly shocked.

There are thousands of cases, but just because I can't name or coordinate every single one here today, doesn't mean I am incorrect in my example.

Ohhh, and to add a 40 or so more upon a whim:
Alien Abduction Case Files-UFO Casebook Files

Hay Angelo, if I was to comment every time you make a generality within a point, you'd be sadly shocked.

There are thousands of cases, but just because I can't name or coordinate every single one here today, doesn't mean I am incorrect in my example.

I'm not asking you to list them all here. I was just wondering where you heard that number. I know there are a lot of cases, but thousands of cases sounds excessive.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by me making a "generality within a point?"

Another thing to consider in the perceived discrepency of race in abductee reports: access to networks related to this fringe research community. In multicultural research, there is a notion known as Cultural Currency - which bascially translates to the benefits associated with a majority race in a culture -i.e. access to education, jobs, networks, benefits, technology, favors, etc. Clearly minorities and those of multicultural decent have less access or awareness of such efforts and networks, and this does not even account for the said variety of taboos that may surround coming out and acknowleging such a phenomenon in minority subcultures. Looking at what has been collected up to date on abduction is a good way of promoting assumptions based on the biases built into the process.

Do you think those links justify your statement? You haven't by a long shot.

So instead of admitting that you don't have any basis for your "thousands and thousands" statement you post a handful of links to less than a dozen cases.

Again, this is exactly why alien abduction research gets absolutely nowhere. Unsubstantiated statements and assumptions get made and when they are challenged nothing of substance can be produced to back them up. It all adds to the myth and legend and just perpetuates lies and half-truths.

If you have a reference that lists "thousands and thousands" of documented abduction cases you would have provided it already. You cannot state a belief that you have and expect others to accept it as fact without some justification. It is just an unreasonable thing to do.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Parasaint. You have listed a known hoax, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County, in your "research links." I'm thinking maybe you should have spent more than three minutes on the subject. Again, this is exactly why alien abduction research gets absolutely nowhere. Unsubstantiated statements and assumptions backed by sloppy "research."

I'm not asking you to list them all here. I was just wondering where you heard that number. I know there are a lot of cases, but thousands of cases sounds excessive.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by me making a "generality within a point?"

The number I stated was based on decades of personal research and the many cases I had seen and heard of over the internet for as long as the internet has been in existence. To actually list them all would be an endeavor the likes of which would take more years than I would like to give to this dummy downed thread. Leave it to say I will once again state for the record that in every case I have either been involved with or studied, or watched or heard of, the victims in 99.9999% of the time were Caucasian, usually middle to upper class.

As far as the term, "generality within a point", the explanation is simple: When most EVERYONE on this forum have looked to make a quick point, they have used words like, "hundreds of", or "mass amounts", or, "scientist's say" utilizing the plurality of the word so as to show many without actually listing thus.....

The use of the shortcut might not always be advantageous, but I can assure you it is used here everyday. It is not that I condone the acceptance of the phenomena when stating the fact, it is in the confirmation of the original point that Wickerman1972 made, and that is the phenomenon seems to happen to Caucasians a hell of a lot more than minorities.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Parasaint. You have listed a known hoax, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County, in your "research links." I'm thinking maybe you should have spent more than three minutes on the subject. Again, this is exactly why alien abduction research gets absolutely nowhere. Unsubstantiated statements and assumptions backed by sloppy "research."

Nope....Once again your criticism is badly malformed and you should honestly think twice before joining me in that base a relationship.

You inferred the need for me to show you a list...well, it didn't say the cases had to be real or not, just that they "evolved" around Caucasians for the most part. Thus the list....and honestly, I am through wasting my time with this.

The number I stated was based on decades of personal research

Well sir. I would put to you that your personal research, as evidenced by your inclusion of a known hoax (and a really obvious one I might add) as justification of your "thousands and thousands" statement and $2.40 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

You inferred the need for me to show you a list...well, it didn't say the cases had to be real or not, just that they "evolved" around Caucasians for the most part. Thus the list....and honestly, I am through wasting my time with this.

Actually you are wasting everyone's time with this type of disingenuous conversation.

Back